Jump to ratings and reviews

Seam Stalkers #2

Silencing The Seam

Sixteen-year-old Sam Drake thought she’d left the horrors of spring break and Defiance Castle behind her. But back home, the spirits swirling around her are more demanding, more aggressive.

Fear of being institutionalized by her skeptical mother drives Sam to follow her dad to New Orleans. There she hopes to take back control of her life. But the French Quarter and the cities of the dead have other plans. Hour by hour they drain her, making it next to impossible to fight off a ghost who is determined to use her for its own revenge.

Ensnared in an ancient power struggle where Voodoo rituals, betrayal, and murder rule, Sam must determine who to trust. One step in the wrong direction will lock her inside the Seam to walk among the dead for eternity.

189 pages, ebook

5 books99 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
1 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 12 of 12 reviews
Profile Image for Nay Denise.
1,518 reviews82 followers
October 18, 2016
Received a copy for review.

This was an enjoyable sequel. Not as much horror to it as the first book had, but still an awesome read. Kathleen Groger does an amazing job at creating her characters and the world well. Her writing if flawless and everything just blends seamlessly.

Samantha aka Sam is a medium and after the events that took place at the castle in the first book she is now bombarded with spirits a lot. Her mother treats her like she's insane, her parents are going through struggles and she just feels out of place. She goes on a trip with her dad where she stays with her Uncle Eric and learns that Novak isn't done with her. I love Sam's strength because even after everything with him previously, she still finds a way to fight Novak. She has so much power its unbelievable, but it took her a while to fully accept them. I'm glad that things worked out for her in the end.

Eric is an awesome guy. After the events that took place in the first book he is completely wrecked and hell bent on finding information on Novak, but that becomes his downfall. I hated how things happened for him. I understand his need for his sacrifice, but I think he should have reevaluated that first. Kyle is a great guy, but I think he is much more wrapped up in Novak then there is shared. I appreciate Kyle characters. I hope he can recover after what happened.

Eddie is an awesome character! I love that she's a distant cousin to Sam and that she's a clairvoyant. They both make a great team. Marisol reappeared and I was so happy. She's still an awesome character.

Novak is an evil man, but after learning about his upbringing I don't blame. His father and Violet pushed him over the edge. He didn't deserve to be treated as he was as a child, but he also didn't have to go around killing Violet lookalikes. He was a twisted man. Violet was an insane, powerful woman. I did not like her at all -- she was wicked as hell. Too cocky and powerful for her own good. I'm glad Sam was able to overpower them...hopefully.

I hope for a third novel because that ending was insane. I mean did Sam become the most powerful and replace Violet's role? Does Kyle ever recover? What did Eddie have to tell Sam? I need more!
60 reviews3 followers
Read
January 3, 2017
What an edge of your seat page turner Silencing The Seam is! I couldn't put it down. I really likes the story line and feel sympathy for the main character as all she wants is a normal life but things follow her and she can't shake them. I did not realize there were more stories to this series and am now interested in reading all of them.
Profile Image for Ayanami Faerudo.
754 reviews52 followers
October 28, 2016
Notes:

-And now we discover the origins of Violet who, surprise, surprise, was an evil witch.

-Plus, Novak's traumatic childhood, which, I think, was half-baked.

-The narrative itself was as flowy, descriptive and fast-paced as the first one, as well as wonderfully conveyed a sense of mystery and mysticism; however, the plot lacked something.

-Let me put it this way: the first book felt like a full-length honest-to-goodness movie with a possibility of a sequel; which we got with a second book. The second book, on the other hand, felt like one episode of a TV series.
Profile Image for Keith Wilson.
62 reviews
June 23, 2019
Another winner.

The characters, the plot, the settings, the story, all blend into a colorful and mesmerizing tale of good and evil and paranormal wonder. Don't miss this second book in the series.
Profile Image for Xochitl.
68 reviews4 followers
January 5, 2021
I loved to see the continuation of Sam's journey through this second book in the series. However, I felt like it was missing a bit of spark but I still adored it either way.
Profile Image for Lottie.
697 reviews3 followers
March 25, 2021
This book was exciting and full of suspense. I look forward to the next one in this series!
Profile Image for Nancy (The Avid Reader).
2,246 reviews94 followers
October 25, 2016
Sam is back home now and hoping to put all the ghost, demons, spirits and everything that happened at the haunted castle where she stayed with her uncle during spring break. Eric and his crew were there hoping to get some footage of ghost for his tv show.

While Sam is glad to be back home and hoping to put everything behind her and get on with her life and she was really hoping to get rid of all her little ghost friends forever but that is not to be. She stills sees and hears other ghost but she is trying to keep all of that under her hat so to speak. She is afraid that her mom is going to have her committed. Sam needs help with trying to keep all the ghost calm so she can keep her mom off her back.

So when her dad has a business trip to New Orleans Sam decides to go with him to sort of get away from her mom for a while. Her Uncle Eric moved there after returning from their trip to the haunted castle. Sam figures she can go to New Orleans hang out with Eric do a little sightseeing with no ghost of course. Hey a girl can dream can’t she? If only she could be so lucky.

While in New Orleans Sam runs into a lot more ghost some who want her power and some who just want her dead and some who just want her help. Sam just wants to be left alone but of course that is not going to happen. No these ghost are deadly and are very determined to have what they want and that is Sam and they will do whatever they have to in order to get it and that includes hurting Sam or anyone she cares about. They are out for revenge and someone is going to pay. Can Sam stop these ghosts and send them back where they belong? Can she do it and survive? To find all the answers pick up your copy of Silencing The Seam today!

I have truly loved following Sam on her new adventures with all the ghost and hope to go with her on more of her friendly little chats with other ghost. I loved The Shattered Seam and kept picturing myself setting in front of the tv watching it and I did the same with Silencing The Seam. Silencing The Seam will take you on so many different roads that will have you wondering how they all connect. I can’t wait to read more of Kathleen Groger’s books and more of the Seam Stalkers.
Profile Image for BookLoversLife.
1,800 reviews9 followers
October 24, 2016
After the events of the last book, Sam just wants life to return to normal, well sort of! She is finally coming to terms with the fact she can see and communicate with Ghosts. Her mum though is on the verge of putting her into an asylum, so she decides to follow her father to New Orleans on a trip and stays with her uncle, Eric, while her dad works. He still hasn't gotten over what happened to his crew. But unbeknownst to both, someone isn't finished with them yet and they have some unfinished business to sort!!

This was such an awesome second book! Sam has really come into herself and shines in this one. She is finally coming to terms with her ability and is becoming what she is supposed to. Eric though, is a shade of himself. He hasn't gotten over what happened at the castle and is intent on finding out all he can about Novak. His life seems to be spiraling yet he can't seem to help it. I felt so bad for him!!! He lost his crew, his job and his enthusiasm of the job and is plodding along. Then to top it off, women are being murdered in what looks like a ritual killing and the clues seem to point to Eric!! Sam is devastated but tries to find the truth. Then we have Kyle. He turns up in New Orleans and Sam is thrilled, though he doesn't seem to be acting normal. Maybe it's his close proximity to the birth place of Novak, or maybe his feelings for Sam have changed, either way Sam wants to get to the bottom of it.

I have always loved the setting of New Orleans! It's a place that's steeped in history and reeks of paranormal activity!! It's a place that's on my bucket list ;) I think setting book 2 here was perfect as Sam is trying to get to grips with her ability and New Orleans seems to be swimming in Ghosts! Plus having it as the birth place of Novak was brilliant as we find out why he is the way he is!

In all, this was a great second book! We see Sam as her best and find out a bit of Novaks back story. It was a fast paced and addicting read and I really hope we see more from Sam! A perfect Halloween read!!!
99 reviews
December 5, 2016
Power surges from the first page to the last!

I cannot say that I read this book, I absorbed it. I gobbled it up like Thanksgiving turkey & finished it in one day.

The continuation of Sam's efforts to defeat Novak are filled out with loss, horror, an understanding of what she is a part of, and the knowledge to use her now-manageable powers to end this battle.

I loved Violet's character, but I believe the men dressed in all white that assisted her are going to make another appearance. That would be my guess, at least, because of the text stating that someone would want Sam's powers for them self. Well, what would the next person to step into Violet's shoes likely do? Look to capture that power.

However, with a third book coming, I am assuming she won this battle only to prevail again in an oncoming war. I can only speculate (and hope!). And prevail I hope she does.

My sincerest regrets to the author at the loss of her father, but maybe his soul is guiding her through her loss and leading her to some exemplary writing. I'd like to think that is true. You will get trapped in the pages & this is one book I just could not put down!

Everyone we lose leaves a little mark on us and we pull from that when we need it to overcome whatever obstacle that faces us on any given day. The day we stop overcoming challenges, the day we no longer care, is a sad day indeed and utterly disrespectful to those who came before us & endured so much.
99 reviews
January 29, 2017
Power surges from the first page to the last!

The continuation of Sam's efforts to defeat Novak are filled with loss, horror, an understanding of what she is a part of, and the knowledge to use her now-manageable powers to end this battle.

Profile Image for Cheryl Whitty.
904 reviews14 followers
October 26, 2016
REVIEW
SILENCING THE SEAM
This book starts a couple months after the first finished.
Things have appeared to go back to normal, except for Sam whose parents are going through a bad patch.
Mostly because her mother thinks she insane and needs help,
and her father doesn’t agree.
This is how Sam ends up going on a trip to New Orleans with her father who happens to be attending a Medical Examiners conference.
Also Sam wants to stay with her uncle Eric who is living there at moment.
While at Eric’s Kyle arrives and 3 people left alive from the first book are back together. Eric has changed since the death of his friends at the Island.
Researching Novak to understand what happened.
Unfortunately Novak is not finish with them.
Sam finds this out early on. Also coming to the most haunted
Place in America is not wise when you’re a Medium.
No spoilers except to say I loved it, I want to know how Kyle and Eddie are?.
They were all separated at the end of the book, and I’m will say it wonderful when Sam believed in herself and her powers to kick baddies butts.
Now I can’t wait for book number 3.
I would recommend reading book one The Shattered Seam as this will give you a better reading experience. Just in time for Halloween.
I received a copy of this book for an honest review
Displaying 1 - 12 of 12 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.