Start by marking “Skin and Bones” as Want to Read:
Skin and Bones

Skin and Bones

(The Ever Chace Chronicles #1)

Teens are turning up dead, and it will take a special team to catch a killer.

Derek Doyle has been a member of the Paranormal Investigations Team since the monsters revealed themselves to the world. Considering that he thinks a monster is needed to catch a monster, he's definitely in the right place. As a lone wolf not used to letting many people in, neither man nor beast w
ebook
Published June 7th 2016 by Clean Teen Publishing, Inc. (first published June 6th 2016)

Dianne
It takes a monster to catch a monster and Derek Doyle, wolf and paranormal investigator is determined to bring a murderer to justice. When he discovered he would have an expert consultant on the team, neither he nor his wolf were ready for human Dr. Ever Chase or what her presence would awaken.

SKIN AND BONES by Susan Harris is part mystery, all paranormal with the spice of a slow, smoldering romance thrown in.

Why are teens being murdered? What is the murderer after? Does he/she have ulterior mot
Iliyan Iliev
Poorly written. It's been a while since I was so annoyed by the writing in a book. Not sure I want to continue with the series.
Carly Odonoghue
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Skin and Bones is the first book I've read by Susan Harris and I'm excited to know that it's only the first book in The Ever Chase Chronicles.
This book is about Derek Doyle who is a lone wolf is a member of the Paranormal Investigation Team in Cork, Ireland. He needs to track down a serial killer and fast. So with the help of consultant Dr Ever Chace they embark on a journey that'll be filled with suspense, drama, inner conflict and a unexpected discovery.
I enjoyed everything about this book but
Joan
Melanie
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic start to a new series from Susan Harris! Imagine a paranormal Criminal Minds type set up and that pretty much sums this up. Action packed with some amazing twists the story kept me turning pages until I got to the end... and now I want more! Definitely add this one to you TBR list! V""V
Tamar Elmensdorp-lijzenga
Awesome read. Werewolves, vampires, even Gods and all other sort of supernaturals you can think of. All wrapped in a thrilling crime story, with a bit of romance and a lot of mystery to spice things up.
And the best part ... there will be more. Can’t wait to read the next part.
Maggie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A simply horrid cliffhanger is tacked onto the last page and a half of this book. Already wasn’t a star - all the PNR tropes but somehow a tad tedious.
Moondance
The day was just another ordinary day, dull and overcast, the grey clouds threatening to unleash a torrent of rain down amongst those who meandered about.

Teenagers are being brutally murdered and the Paranormal Investigations Team is tasked to find the killer. The team consists of a werewolf, a warlock, a couple of vampires and a human. Derek, the werewolf, is assigned to work with a professor of paranormal studies, Ever. Ever has spent her life believing that she is human although her adoptiv
Doris
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doyle is a paranormal investigator that has to take a few days break during the full moon. He is on the hunt for a serial killer that is targeting paranormal children. Along the way he meets Dr. Ever Chace, and his world is thrown in a tailspin.
Dr. Chace is renowned for her own work in the educational and consulting world. She teams up with Doyle's unit and nothing seems to be able to stand in their way.
The draw between Doyle and Ever is apparent right from the beginning and I love to see that
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

Wow, what an amazing story with a phenomenal twist. I love how the author spun this story. She created a world unlike any I have ever read before. The characters were amazing and I felt as if I could connect with Ever. She is a powerful character that I wish to read more about. The story-line just blew me away and the more I read the more I was sucked into this remarkable world. I highly recommend this story all adults to read.

Crimso
Yara
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was totally awesome!!!! It had a steady clip to it, descriptive three dimensional characters, and thrilling action. Derek and Ever were great. Derek fights with his inner wolf, referring to his wolf as separate, and Ever fights to fit in a world of supes when she's a human, or is she? The cliff hanger ending made me scream in frustration since this book just came out so I'll need to wait for the next installment. Will definitely keep my eyes peeled for it!
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
This is a really good paranormal read full of action and many twists and turns. A great beginning for a new series.

{I received an eARC via Clean Teen Publishing Elite Reviewers which I am a member of. I made no guarantee of a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are unbiased and my own. }

InD'tale Magazine
“Skin and Bones” is a good book. Ms. Harris’ prose is easy to read and she composes a believable world full of many types of supernatural creatures living along-side humans.

Read full review in the 2016 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Lee
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book can't wait for the next one
Laura Thomas
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m not one for the insta-love thing but I actually had a good experience with it in this book. I felt insta-love for Derek and Ever and didn’t mind at all that they felt an instant connection to each other. Let me explain. It’s not a focal point in the book and later in the story you’ll find out more about why that happened.

Derek is called in for cases that have a paranormal element to them. When something starts killing teens, he’s lead on the case.

Dr. Ever Chase, though human, becomes involve
Kathryn
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Skin and Bones is a supernatural murder mystery. I hesitate to call it a romance though. There is definitely chemistry between the main characters, but it never goes very far, at least not in this book.
I love that it is more of an ensemble cast and that we get to know the team as the friends and family they have become. It's a decent story that keeps you guessing.
It takes place in Ireland, but I never really got a sense of place. It could have been Cleveland.
Although the dream sequences provid
Stillgrowing
I actually liked this book. The story was great. I started it one day and finished it the very next.

The main character’s story was slowly revealed but the pace was perfect. There wasn’t a point where I was annoyed and said, “Come on already!”, as the action in the present was just as interesting. Sometimes I read a book and the flash back bits seem ill-timed or distracting or even too long. Not so in this book; they were just right.

Even smaller characters were compelling and I was curious to f
Lillian Cummings
Derek Doyle feels the moon pulling on his skin the wolf wants out but right now he needs to find out who is killing young girls. He knows that he & his team need to work quickly to find the person that is killing these young supernatural girls but why them? Derek knows that he needs to find answers quickly so when his boss sends him to go and fetch a lecturer he has no idea that everything is about to change. Ever is like no one that he has ever met and he works with other supernaturals ever ...more
Marisa Valle
I liked this story and the main characters Ever and Derrick, but I almost felt like there was too much going on. I need time to care about the main characters before delving into other people's drama. The flashbacks to Ever's previous lives were also confusing. Maybe the explanation is supposed to be divulged eventually in other sequels but I couldn't really understand what was going on or why. What happened in Valhalla that left it in the hands of Freya and the valkyries and why did Ever have t ...more
Kim

Read : March 30th 2019
Rating : 3 Stars

I got this free on Amazon and thought this was a pretty good start to a series.

This is mainly told from Derek's pov and Ever's pov and some bits from the killers pov.

Derek Doyle is an investigator for the Paranormal Investigations Team (P.I.T.) and a werewolf, who is on the case of someone killing teenagers on the cusp of growing into their supernatural powers.

Because the team can't seem to figure out who is doing this they bring in Dr. Ever Chace, a human
Linda Ellis
Interesting concept. Could be better handled

It kept my attention to the end, but there were a number of weak elements that spoiled the quality of the whole.

The book gave me no sense of place. When I first saw a reference to Ireland I was quite startled as the style of the opening dialogue would have sat comfortably in any American novel.

Some of the supernatural elements seemed ‘over-egged’. One that comes to mind occurs near the end where one of the characters makes a big deal about revealing a
Judi Scholey
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot going on to keep me interested.

While it is cliche that the heroine gets together with the hero, this story is really interesting with references to Greek mythology which is really up my street. The characters are realistic and had me rooting for them. I read this as a free book and it does end on a cliff hanger. I immediately bought the following book which I will start to read after writing this review. Be warned, this story consists of five books in all. The things I did not enjoy were t
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I’ve read by Susan Harris. It came highly recommended by several people and described as criminal minds with a paranormal twist. I love the two so I said why not. Holy schnikes! Why didn’t I know about this book sooner? The story is well written and kept me hooked till the end. The characters were also well written and I have my faves. I am thrilled to find out that this is a series! Guess what I’m one clicking and you should too! Grab this book. You won’t be disappointed. ...more
T.
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I downloaded Skin and Bones as a free book from Amazon. OMG, I loved this story and the interesting array of characters and intriguing world-building. The author uses some strange word choices that halted my reading on occasion, but the plot overrode the few errors and awkward phrases I came across. The book had a great ending, then offered a teaser for the next book (Argh!). The series seems reasonably priced so I'll definitely be picking up the next two books of this series.
Jennifer Billings
Wow, bears, wolves, vampires, & warlocks too

This book was such more then I had anticipated. I loved getting to meet Ever she is a wonderful character full of strength and wonder. As we slowly get a glimpse of what she could be the excitement for the story grows and grows. Book 2 is defenitly must read now I have to know whats next
Shannon Heck
Pretty good

This book had a decent plot and I mostly enjoyed it. However, there was unfortunately some instalove that had me rolling my eyes. Fantasy is fun but the way characters act should still be realistic and this book was missing that. I was more interested in Caitlyn, Donnie, Melanie, and Ricky. Ever and Derek were kind of blah and they were the main characters.
Kathryn
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Wow, what a great story! Susan Harris has come up with a wonderful cast of characters and an amazing storyline full of twists and turns you don't expect. I didn't want to put the book down, read it in one day, and am anxiously awaiting my paycheck so I can buy the next book!
Jennifer, Just beyond normal ♑
So I would like to give this four stars, but that ending just sucks. Among other things in the book, there were really great parts. I liked it enough to finish it. Not sure it’s worth moving to the next book or not. It’s like she has been running from her champion forever...get on with it. Maybe the ending just has me grumpy.
lisa hodges
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not usually my thing

The only downside to this book is that the first 10% was introduction. Clearly the book is meant to be a series. The fantasy book includes most supernatural genres which can be a little overwhelming.

Don't be out off by my comments, this book is written with heart and only a very few editing errors.
Marion
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the story, however sometimes I thought situation/characters feelings were rushed and could have been better developed.
I wasn't too sure about the many POV and found it confusing. I don't think that I'm going to read the next book. I also disliked that particular cliffhanger in which the book ended.
Sorry I don't like giving bad reviews but it just didn't do it for me.
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • Taking Back Sunday (Incarnate, #1)
  • Living Dead Girl (The Vampire Hunter, #1)
  • The Reaper's Daughter
  • Into The Dark (Into The Dark, #1)
  • Forbidden: Discover the Legend (Wolf Sirens, #1)
  • The Key to Everything
  • Welcome to the Darkness (Darkness Trilogy, #1)
  • Dating an Alien Pop Star (Alien Pop Star, #1)
  • Island of Exiles (The Ryogan Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Claim (Half-Blood Princess, #1)
  • Key of Solomon (Relic Defender, #1)
  • The Dreamcatcher (Dreamland #1.5)
  • Alpha (The Infinity Division, #3)
  • Of Dreams and Shadow (Forget Me Not #1)
  • Our Broken Sky (Chaos Theory, #1.5)
  • The Ruin of the World (The World Without End, #4)
  • Freaks of Nature (The Psion Chronicles #1)
Susan Harris is a writer from Cork in Ireland. An avid reader, she quickly grew to love books in the supernatural/fantasy genre. When she is not writing or reading, she loves music, oriental cultures, tattoos, anything Disney and psychology. If she wasn't a writer she would love to be a FBI profiler or a PA for Dave Grohl or Jared Leto.

The Ever Chace Chronicles (5 books)
  • Collateral Damage  (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #2)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (The Ever Chace Chronicles, 3)
  • Night of the Hunter (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #4)
  • Never Back Down (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #5)