Start by marking “Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires, #12.5)” as Want to Read:
Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires, #12.5)

Phantom Kiss

(Chicagoland Vampires #12.5)

In this all-new novella from the New York Times bestselling author of Midnight Marked, Merit, Ethan, and the rest of Cadogan House crew discover that not all undead creatures are kindred spirits…

Vampires generally aren’t afraid of things that go bump in the night, but Merit and Ethan are extra jumpy after a recent attack by a dark sorcerer. So when they learn that someone
Published January 19th 2017 by Gollancz (first published January 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Phantom Kiss, please sign up.
Louise All is answered in the latest book and last in Ethan an Merits Story so I won't spoil you finding the answer

Alex is The Romance Fox
Merit and Ethan,
 photo 16116217_zpshiiyvq5b.gif
one of my favorite vampire characters from Chloe Neill's fabulous Chicagoland Vampires Series, are back in a short novella and book #12,5 in the series.

Despite being a quick read, we do get to see the romantic side of their romance...their upcoming wedding plans......such fun to see her family trying to take over!!!!!

We meet up with most of the series characters - which was a total bonus for me. The plot revolves around a ghost and the two embark on solving the mystery with th
Cyndi
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Merit and Ethan are in wedding planning mode, meanwhile someone is trying to raise a ghost in the cemetery. What horror have they called and how will Merit and the gang stop it? She can’t use her katana against a ghost! 👻
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

*** CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM PREVIOUS BOOKS ***

This was a great little side tangent to the regular series, and offered a more intimate glimpse into Merit & Ethan's romantic life than what we tend to get in the full-length books. PHANTOM KISS opens with Meredith throwing the happy couple a bridal shower which was a hoot because 1- We all know how much the Sentinel loves shindigs—one of the reasons why Sullivan appointed her as the House's social chair—haha! And, 2- Some
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
I would've been happy with just the steamy scene between Ethan and Merit but I guess their "adventure" with a serial killer ghost was a little interesting too.

This is just one step closer to the end of one of my all time favorite paranormal couples and I don't want it to end! :'(

description
Ferdy
I didn't think Merit and Ethan could get any more insufferable, judgy, irritating and up themselves. But they did. Can't forget to mention them being total martyrs and snowflakes. Also, trite dialogue and generic story.
As a huge fan of the Chicagoland Vampires series I love it when Chloe Neill writes these novellas to help tide us over until the next full length book releases. Phantom Kiss was a great way to slip back into this world and it definitely left me more eager than ever for the April release of Blade Bound.

Merit and Ethan's evening starts with a wedding shower organised by Merit's mother and sister and ends with a trip to a cemetery to investigate a freshly disturbed grave. Frankly I'm not sure which
Beth
I'm torn about the ending of the Chicagoland Vampire Series. PHANTOM KISS added a fantastic adventure to this series that will be ending with the release of BLADE BOUND on April 25, 2017.. When you love a series you never want it to end; I truly love Chicagoland Vampires.

That being said, how did Neill pack so much into PHANTOM KISS? Neill did skimp, it has all the characters we've come to love, just the right of steam between Ethan and Merit and a fun and exciting plot with a twist. A Ghostly a
“Who doesn’t love a good ghost story?”
Phantom Kiss is a great novella that perfectly compliments the near closure of Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series. It has sexy romance, humor, mystery, action, suspense, history, magic, ghosts, vampires (of course), and preparations for a certain couple's upcoming nuptials...Ms. Neill fit a whole lot into 90 pages of fast-paced entertainment. If you follow this series, don't miss this gem!

My favorite quote:
“Most of us rarely rise to our full pote
Louisa
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This short story was awesome! Having the wedding shower party (I think) and then dealing with ghosts, this was so fantastic! Can't wait for Blade Bound!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

PHANTOM KISS is the last novella set in the Chicagoland Vampires world. Because of this, I was really expecting something soft and sweet, a beginning to the end so to speak. However, Chloe Neill doesn’t just take the sweet route with this story. She actually gives readers a mystery that is unique and highly interesting. I have a lot of respect for authors who provide a solid storyline in novellas like Chloe Neill does, and this one is a great one.

It looks like something is stirring the cemeter
Sara Kate
Man.... Such a little teaser this novella is! I have really loved The Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill. This series has been such fun and I love the snarkiness of this series between the characters. I'm pretty sad that this series is ending in April. I'm very curious how she is going to wrap this all up in one more book.

This novella definitely will quench your thirst for now until April gets here. It's classic Merit and Ethan coming to the rescue after they get a phone call about a gra
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it

It looks like something is stirring the cemetery

Once Upon a Twilight
Considering Phantom Kiss is a novella, a stepping stone between each full installment, I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it--which isn't something I say very often with novellas. Though shorter in length than the rest of the series it didn't lack the drama, excitement and usual quirky humour from my beloveds at Cadogan House.

Ethan and Merit are one of my favourite couples, like, ever. Phantom Kiss was a welcome bonus because I got a tast of all the characters I'd come to know and love before the r
Robin
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After attending their engagement party, Merit and Ethan receive a phone call from a necromancer. Someone has dug up a grave in an old Chicago cemetery. When they arrive, they find that the skull is missing and a ghost has been called up. Merit follows a trail of dirt to the cemetery gate. She also finds a group of Ghost Hunters who say they felt the heavy magic and have come to investigate. When Ethan and Merit return to Cadogan House, they discover that the ghost is now haunting their wine cell ...more
RachelW (BamaGal)
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Not sure what the point of this short story is; it’s pretty much a fluffy bit of filler. A little wedding planning, a little sex, and a little ghost hunting with Scooby Doo and the vampire gang. This is the kind of short bit of story that authors usually put up on their website for a free read. If you read the summary, that's really all there is to the story. Strictly for hardcore fans of the series.
Jaime Arkin
I love love love Chloe Neill and I am so sad that this series is coming to an end. This novella was the perfect story to tide me over until we get the next and final book BLADE BOUND. Seeing the evolution of the relationship between Ethan and Merit has been one of my absolute favorite parts of this series and add in the magic and mayhem and I couldn't ask for anything more.

Thank you to the publisher for the early read in exchange for my honest thoughts.
Melissa
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
I nice side adventure for our team, enjoyed seeing them all, but it didn't really add much to the larger story arc. Sadly I think I'm ready to see this series wrap up with the final installment coming this April.
Jess
Cute. Loved the wedding prep moments. And the snippet into the last book AHH I loved that.
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

This is a great short book to hold us over until we get the next and sadly final book.

I was happy to see Annabelle again, I really liked her in the previous book.

Of course we get to see our usual gang and as always it is fun. We actually get to see Luc being put on his behind. It was kind of funny and scary at the same time.
We meet a new ghost hunters group.

Of course we have Merit and Ethan. Ethan again showed his funny site, which I really enjoy if he is
Phantom Kiss is a is nice little side adventure for the gang. Merit and Ethan is getting closer to the march down the isle and this mystery over a ghost haunting them was just the last little escapade they needed to take the pressure of wedding planning off their minds. References to the plot in the last full length novel, Midnight Marked was made so fans of the series will want to read this one afterwards.

Phantom Kiss was just enough to wet my appetite for the final book in the series, Blade Bo
Aly
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's two months before their wedding, and Ethan and Merit are more excited about the ceremony to come than all the preparatives that come with it. Because magic and troublemakers never take a break , when Annabelle Shaw, a necromancer they met before, ask them for their help with (you guessed it from the title) a ghost, Ethan and Merit and all their friends will work together to resolve the issue.

Once again, it was full of great humorous lines and I'm so glad all the gang was there. Catcher, Mal
Barbara (The Bibliophage)
Well that was fun! Once again humans do something stupid and the supernaturals have to save the day. Plus, there's a bit of sexy thrown in for good measure. It was a perfect short palate cleanser for me.
Tracy
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a cute Ethan and Merit story. The whole gang is present for a showdown with a ghost which was fun. If you like Chicagoland and are already invested in the series you'll enjoy this....
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at Smexybooks-http://smexybooks.com/2017/01/review-...

Favorite Quote: “I’m obedient when it counts.”

Chloe Neill takes pity on her faithful fans and gifts us a small adventure with Merit and Ethan before the final farewell novel, Blade Bound, releases. This novella isn’t necessary to the advancement of the series and can be read as one’s leisure. Fans will remember in Midnight Marked, Ethan and Merit found themselves tested by a pair of enemies.vPhantom Kiss picks up approximate
Stacy
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
**Contains spoilers from previous books in the Chicagoland Vampires Series**

Chloe Neill plunges us back into Chicago history with PHANTOM KISS. I don't read a lot of novellas, but I couldn't pass this one up. I'm so sad this series is ending, but so glad to get another little side adventure with Ethan and Merit before the final book.

What a neat little adventure. Merit and Ethan attend their bridal shower and then get called out to the cemetery where they find out a ghost has been set loose. Not
Diane Lynch
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Chloe Neill’s Phantom Kiss is a spook-tacular addition to the Chicagoland Vampires Series. Merit and Ethan discover a grave robbery and accidentally bring the ghost home with them to Cadogan House. The spirit is not friendly and attacks the vampires. They need to uncover who is robbing the graves, while figuring out how to get rid of their ghost. This contemporary Urban Fantasy takes place in Chicago.

I love that this story starts out at Merit’s and Ethan’s wedding shower. Merit’s dealings with
Clara I
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires
This Novella was a great little read while we wait for the next and final book in the series to come out in April. In fact it was so good that you forget it is a novella and think its actually a full-length. Merit and Ethan are at it again, investigating with the whole gang - Mallory, Cather, the Ombuddies, and even Anabelle the Necromancer since what they are investigating is a ghost that has been broken from its grave by a spell and has followed them home to Cadagen House. As usual there is mu ...more
Dark Faerie Tales
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A dark novella where the supernatural world of the Chicagoland vampires only gets stranger.

Opening Sentence: “There is no torture so sweet, no punishment so sublime, as the couple’s wedding shower.”

The Review:

Phantom Kiss by Chloe Neill is a novella set in the Chicagoland Vampires series. This novella is a nice look into the ghostly aspect of this supernatural world. I really enjoyed having Annabelle, the necromancer, back for this spooky ta
Megzy
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Takes place before the wedding.
Amber Hughes
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4+ stars*
  • Kicking It
  • Relentless (Vampires in America, #11.5)
  • Nice Guys Bite (Elemental Assassin, #15.5)
  • Outtakes from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7.5)
  • Accidental Sire (Half-Moon Hollow, #6)
  • Lost to the Gray (Shaede Assassin, #2.5)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Bronx (The Asylum Tales, #0.5)
  • Lost Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #6.5)
  • In the Beginning (Phoenix Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Thistle & Thorne
  • How to Live an Undead Lie (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #5)
  • Wish Bound (Grimm Agency, #3)
  • The Geomancer (Gareth and Adele, #1)
  • Nightwalker (The World of Nightwalkers, #5)
Chloe Neill is the New York Times bestselling author of the Heirs of Chicagoland, Chicagoland Vampires Novels, Devil's Isle Novels, and Dark Elite novels. Chloe was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest. When she's not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her ...more

Chicagoland Vampires (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10)
“There is no torture so sweet, no punishment so sublime, as the couple’s wedding shower.” 0 likes
“There were undoubtedly guests who agreed with me, but they hadn’t spoken up. To my mind, that was as good as condoning her behavior. While it was unlikely she’d change her opinion, I’d still fight the good fight. Sometimes, that was the best thing—and the only thing—you could do.” 0 likes