Start by marking “Ignite (Resistance #3)” as Want to Read:
Ignite (Resistance #3)

Ignite

(Resistance #3)

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The Greatest Risk is to Take No Risk At All.

Nationwide food shortages have sparked civil unrest, and the Office of Civilian Safety and Defense’s hold on the people is slipping. The Resistance’s efforts to hasten the OCSD’s demise have resulted in disaster, with Tommy Bailey and Careen Catecher taking the blame for the ill-fated mission in OP-439.

Both teens struggle to surv
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 277 pages
Published July 19th 2016 by DysCovered Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ignite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ignite

Catherine ♡
*Thank you to the author for giving me a free e-copy. This review is my full and honest opinion.*

Wow, if this is possible, I think I liked this book even more than than its prequels!

I think the character development in this book was so powerful.
Careen and Tommy definitely changed the most (in my opinion) and I thought that they were heartbreaking examples of the loss of innocence of young people in a world that forced everyone to grow up too quickly.

The dynamic between those two was definitely r
Devon
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ignite is possible the best title this book could have been given. It's obviously the third in the Counteract series and it really is opening a lot of doors for this Resistance we have all come to love and know a bit more.
I feel like every character grew, good or bad the development is obvious and it is so incredibly entertaining to read.
While I was reading it, I told Tracy the author how much I loved Danni. It is so amazing that there is an imperfect female character just trying to make her wa
Caru
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Huge thanks to the author for sending me a copy!

If you guys keep up with me (which you probably don't but HEY), you would know that the last good book I read was Six of Crows. Yeah, I know, right? Maybe I'm overexaggerating when I say it's 'been months' but goodness, it sure feels like it has been forever. Literally every book I picked up after that disappointed me in one way or another, but then I read this and...thank God for Ignite. Seriously, this book finally got me out of my reading slump
Alex Pearson
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a book you can read everywhere. Stay up late reading in bed; sit on the edge of your seat poolside; and devour it in any book club. Ignite is a thrilling, cliffhanging novel that you won't want to put down. The characters are a well rounded group that you won't want to say goodbye to. From the courageous power couple who have to suffer quite a few knocks to themselves and their relationship, to the deliciously evil head honcho, the characters will leave you astounded. The time stamps kee ...more
Kat
*** I voluntarily reviewed this book, I gained no monetary incentives nor was I specifically requested to review the book, these are my honest ramblings and I hope you enjoy reading them - kat***

PS - I wrote my review via the Goodreads App on my phone only for it to disapear leaving only the line -this is not a trilogy below?????????? #Gremlins at work! so lets try #take2

Okay. .. this series is not a trilogy - so be warned, but YAY the story continues!

This third installment was a tense one,

With
Gmr
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pros....
*Tommy is as stalwart as he's always been, if not even more so. He proved himself time and again during the first two novels and despite an upset in book two (hormones...gheesh), he's dedicated hardcore to saving humanity from the OCSD...just not at the loss of Careen. Gotta love a rebel with heart, right? Speaking of Careen...

*Our girl is back and her part to play is former-rebel-turned-downtrodden-yes-woman of the OCSD. Say what?!?!? Exactly. It's hard to watch, I mean read, as they do
Charlotte Chavous
Tommy and Careen are back!! Miss Lawson brings this third installment of the Resistance Series to a whole other level.
Careen has been caught by the OCSD and is forced to make propaganda videos for the OCSD. Tommy is still part of the resistance trying to keep his faith in Careen.
Miss Lawson introduced more characters in Book 2, Resist. In Ignite, she expands those characters, explaining their importance to not only Tommy and Careen, but the resistance.
The story continues the action we saw in Res
Jenni Crawford
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
***Review has been gifted in exchange for my honest opinion and on behalf of Kats Book Promotions/ Katsindiebookblog.*** This is possibly the best book of the series. Each character is definitely showing their true colors which all the turmoil that is going on. There are so many different personalities, however they blend really well together.
With all that is going on; the OCSD doing everything they can to retain its power, the Resistance doing whatever they can to protect the population from
D.H. Jonathan
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
The intrigue grows in the third book of this series. By the end of it, we don't know who to trust (other than Tommy and Careen). Careen's reaction to Tommy the first time she sees him in Ignite rings true given what she's gone through.

The big criticism I have with the book is that I don't get a sense of scope. Madalyn is supposed to be running the most powerful agency of a Federal government that has taken control of the lives of its four hundred million citizens, and yet, it just feels like she
Brian's Book Blog
The best in the series so far

"Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now" -- I'm listening to Hamilton as I'm writing this review, and this line just came on. Fittingly poignant for this story. Ignite starts off right where Resist leaves off. Careen is still Careen, fighting for her survival and her freedom. Tommy Jr. is still in love with her. And the Resistance is helping the people and being blamed for causing the problems that it's actually fixing by the OCSD.

I've re
Post-Apocalyptic
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay I caved, I didn’t think I would get to Ignite this month but it was there on my kindle like a beacon, whispering to me that the other books on my tbr could wait and I’m glad I listened! The story is now so much more now than Tommy and Careen, it really has become a full on Resistance v The State with Tommy and Careen merely players in a game which is much bigger and with far more history behind it than they could imagine.

Careen is under interrogation by Madalyn and the OCSD’s finest – they
Billy Buttons
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A WISHING SHELF BOOK REVIEW
25th August, 2017
TITLE: Ignite
AUTHOR: Tracy Lawson
Star Rating: *****

‘Revolution is stirring but will Tommy and Careen survive it? A thrilling ride!’ The Wishing Shelf

REVIEW
In the third book of this set, the OCSDs hold is slipping. Civil unrest is growing and the Resistance is battling to win the day. The book primarily follows two characters, Careen and Tommy, as they fight to overthrow the terrible dictatorship. But, in the shadow of the OCSD’s latest plan, a device c
Vishaka Rajan
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Apart from the first book that started me on this journey, this has got to be my next favourite book in this series. I was surprised that this series was not a trilogy, but after reading this book, I have to admit that this was a good decision; there is just too much to this story for it to be condensed into a trilogy.

I loved that the author didn't shy away from describing brutality and torture, despite this being a YA novel. Many times, authors leave it up to the imagination, but not with this
Leila
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More suspicion and more action. I hated putting it down!

Book three places all of our characters into a new light and keeps us wondering who is playing for who.

Motives are questioned. Teams separated as we are left wondering who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.

While I don’t want to read book four because I don’t want it to end, I can’t wait to see how this ends!
Elizabeth C
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Series!

The Resistance Series keeps getting better and better. It makes me wish I had limitless hours to read so I could be that much closer to learning how the characters fare at the end of the series! Onto Revolt! Thank you, Tracy Lawson!
Patrick Hodges
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What I didn't like about this book: that it ended, and I have to wait for Book 4.

Now that THAT'S out of the way...

On one side of the line we have the OCSD, and its callous, officious head, Madalyn, struggling to retain control at all cost, turning former Resistance figurehead into a scapegoat in the hopes that she'll turn on her former comrades.

On the other we have the Resistance, who have had to escalate their tactics in order to free the population from the OCSD's control.

And caught in the mid
Judy
Sep 05, 2018
Tracy
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nichole Powell
Jun 21, 2017
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Ignite (Book Three of the Resistance Series) by Tracy Lawson. Ignite picks up where book two left off. Careen, finds herself in a precarious situation, she is forced to make videos citing propaganda for the opposing side. Tommy is torn because he wants to believe that Careen is still on the side of the Resistance.

Great plot development, even better plot twists, and she even adds a new character to the mix. The addition of Atari was brilliant. He added so much depth and lightness t
Ragna
Jul 12, 2018
Rebecca Sheppard
Aug 05, 2017

Resistance (4 books)
  • Counteract (Resistance #1)
  • Resist (Resistance #2)
  • Revolt (Resistance, #4)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Girl I Used to Be
    $7.80 $2.99
  • After the Woods
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)