Start by marking “Midnight Scent (Amour Toxique, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Scent (Amour Toxique, #1)

Midnight Scent

(Amour Toxique #1)

I find the love letters in my new dorm room, left behind by a previous occupant.

They're meant for someone else, but the words speak to me. They slide off the page and wrap themselves around my body, touching me in places I never knew existed.

I'm falling in love with each word, unable to stop myself.

And I don't even know his name.

Until they tell me.

His name is Judson Devere
Published September 27th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

Bibi
Oct 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
**Spoilers**
So, let's say you find yourself facing down a gorilla or a tornado or even a lion. My guess is you'll run headlong to meet it, flinging your arms around its neck (in a manner). No? I'm guessing you'd be reticent about tangling with danger? As well you should be.

Come, let me introduce you to Ivy, our female protagonist, who is unlike you or me.

Ivy and Chelsea (her roommate) find a batch of erotic love letters in their dorm room. These letters are addressed to a certain 'Jen' from a
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Midnight Scent
SERIES: (Amour Toxique, #1)
AUTHOR: Dori Lavelle
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: Prologue | 25
RELEASE DATE: September 27th 2016

MY RATING: 4 STARS
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MIDNIGHT SCENT: As stated by the author this series contain sexual content, dark themes, and violence that could trigger emotional distress in readers. This is a first read for me by this author, as soon as I picked i up it was surprisingly easy to get into, the 'Prologue' sends tingles down your spine of what's instal fo
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 “ Word are toxic” stars.

This wasn't my first Dori Lavelle’s rodeo so I had an idea of what to expect while reading Midnight Scent. I knew she was going to blow my mind. I knew I was going to end dying to get my hands on the next book. What I didn't know was that I would end saying that Midnight Scent is by far my favorite book from this author. And that without the book having a proper steamy scene. Just words. Powerfully intoxicating words, in the form of letters.

Dori Lavelle’s is well know
Nicole
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs

"Breathtaking, intense, dark and suspenseful.."

I love Dori Lavelle's writing style and once again she delivered an amazingly well written story...

Everything starts with some hidden love letters which fell in the hands of our heroine who carried away from Judson words the professor who is known as the jealous partner and a murderer... when she sends a letter to him her fate automatically shields in his hands... one thing for sure is that there is no way back..

I always enjoy reading the author
Kei Montrell
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was intrigued with this book. I'm not really into the whole erotic novel thing, but my gosh! This was a very great book. It does end with a cliffhanger that has you wanting more.

Prakash Sharma
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Misfortune spoils the mind.

The story starts with secret love letter written by an unknown person J.D. to Jen, which Ivy found in her new room. She shared them with her room mate. She reached to J.D.who was accused of murder of her student (his lover, his student- Jen). Despite of warning from her room mate, counsellor and Jen, she continued writing, texting and meeting J.D.
J.D. is a psychopath, rich and have great links to enjoy all the facilities even inside the correctional home. He knows well
Greta
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ho trovato questo libro per caso ed ero follemente attratta dalla trama. Se non fosse che si è rivelato un accozzaglia di parole buttate a caso e una trama davvero sviluppata nel modo più brutto possibile.

Ivy deve cambiare stanza al domitorio nel college in cui studia e trova delle lettere sotto al materasso, indirizzate a Jennifer, la ragazza che ci viveva prima. Queste lettere sono firmate da un certo JD e scrive cose davvero bollenti a Jennifer. Le dichiara il suo amore parecchie volte, ma J
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

*This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

Midnight Scent. What in the hell did I just read? And I mean that in a good way. That prologue had my screaming what the actual fuck and it was the prologue people! I was hooked, I had to know what was going to happen next, I needed it like my next breathe. This review is so damn hard to write because if I give away even a word or two too much it will spoil it but I want to say wait to you read this and ca
Karin
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was unlike any book I've read and I LOVED it!!!!! This is my first book by this author but, after this book I plan to read all her other ones, if they are even half as good as this one it will be enough!!!

Ivy is a ex model now turned college student who gets wrapped up with Judson, a former professor at her college after she reads letters found under her bunk.

I don't want to give to much away cause this is a book you should just read!!! There's so much hidden beneath the surface, so
Sally
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark-horror
To be completely honest, this books is giving me the creeps. There is nothing sexy about Judson.. he's so creepy and I'm pretty sure he's not innocent.. he's a stalker with a lot of money.. a dangerous combination! The heroine is TSTL.. and I'm wondering if that scene in the prologue is what actually happened to her in the end.. Ivy is so stupid .. like so so stupid .. I can understand being attracted to dark and dangerous, but this guy.. is just beyond creepy !
I don't understand how come Ivy i
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
MS is a perfect example of a person desperate for parental love and acceptance. In this story, Ivy, a former model turned college student is fed up with her controlling mother.

Trust me I HAVE NOT spoiled anything for you as a reader. You can't imagine the mindf*ck of a world you're about to enter if you proceed with this story/series! The series is complete and can be read entirely as I'm sure each installment, like this story, MS, ended in a helluva cliffhanger!

Lavelle is known for building sus
Shrimalya
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I was hooked as soon as I read the blurb and I was hoping this book wouldn't disappoint me.Thankfully it didn't.It had my attention from the prologue itself!
This book isn't that long and mainly sets up the stage for the upcoming books in the series.

Twenty-three year old college student Ivy and her roommate Chelsea move into another dorm room when their old one gets water damage due to burst pipes.In the new room, Ivy finds a stack of explicit,passionate letters written by someone named JD to Jen
Richelle Robinson
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

This is a new to me author and the blurb caught my attention. The books begins with a big shock and I knew I was in for a ride. Ivy finds some letters from a prisoner named Judson. He's awaiting trial for the murder of his ex lover, Jennifer, boyfriend, who happened to be a student at the school he taught. Yeah talk about messy!! Even though Ivy was warned by several people including his ex lover Jennifer, she still corresponds with him and even visits him in jail. The plot of this story was goo
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC Provided and Reviewed by We’ve Licked that book blog

I have read a few of Dori’s book and they never disappoint. This one is not different.

This story kept me turning the pages.

Ivy is an ex Model and doesn’t get on with her mother Ivy hated ever being a model but her mother made her… when her father dies he made her promise to get away from her mother and live her own life.

She ends up going to college and has to move into a new dorm room after her old one has a burst pipe, she finds love lette
Danielle Harris
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow what a ride!

Midnight Scent sucked me in so hard! This book is definitely intense and creepy!

Ivy lost her dad to cancer. Her mother is awful, so Ivy moves away to college to better her life and live life her way not her mother's way. Ivy and her roommate find some really steamy letters. Ivy falls in love with the man that wrote these to his prior girlfriend. This is all I'm saying!!!!!! This is a great start to the series.
Melissa (Corrupted BY Smut)
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ummmm holy HELLL!!!! That ENDING!!!!!! I mean I knew something was coming and was hoping for certain things to happen but of course Dori is an evil genius and just has me like WTF?!?!!!!! Need book two NOW!!!!! And can I just say that evil or not.... can I have Judson please!! Full review to come!
Maxine Livingstone
Rating: 3.75 stars

Ivy. Ivy Ivy Ivy. What can I say about this girl. She is a young woman who finally stands up to her domineering mother after the death of her father to go away to college. This was a promise made between her and her father right before he died. His greatest wish was for his only daughter to follow her dream and to get out of the oppression of her mother who forced her to be a model and had her participating in talent shows from the time she was a young girl until her early 20s.
E.M. Summers
Title: Midnight Scent
Author: Dori Lavelle
Series: Amour Toxique #1
Genre: psychological romance
Themes: stalker
Heat: 2/5
Rating: 3/5

Reviewer's note: yes, this has a cliffhanger. But calm your tits and stop stressing.

I had mixed feelings about this one. The synopsis totally intrigued me and I was unbelievably excited to start reading it, but it didn't quite live up to my expectations.

Only I can decide the letters' fate, the fate of the words that touch me so deeply, even when I'm not reading them.

The
Grace
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the story of a woman trapped by the life only her mother wanted, who escapes to a world of fantasy.

It all begins with some private letters.
Which leads to intrigue.
And later communication with the sender.

Are we to trust Judson Devereux? By all accounts, no.
He's obsessive.
He's dangerous.
He's a murderer. Maybe.

Despite all those questionable qualities, Ivy can't stop thinking about him.

Against common sense, Ivy begins to be drawn in by the words of this mystery man. I'm not sure why she was
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
What a great start to a series, and I will say I'm chomping at the bit for book two. When this arrived on my kindle, I thought I'd just read the prologue as I had a busy day ahead. HAD being the operative word as I didn't just stop at the prologue, no no no I stopped at the 'End of book one'! I was hooked and totally gutted when I got to the end.I won't go into the story too much as I wouldn't want to spoil it, but I was intrigued when I had read the blurb, and was not disappointed.

I love Ivy an
Amy
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Midnight Scent
Dori Lavelle

Ivy and Chelsea are being sent packing from their dorm into a new unit as faulty pipes have sent them on their way. Moving into their new place and arranging their belongings the girls come across letters written by JD to Jennifer. Captivated by the words on the pages, Ivy begins to build her own fantasy with the author.

Upon discovering the author of the letters and even after being warned, Ivy continues to communicate with JD the man awaiting trail charged wi
Michelle
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Damn it I'm still trying to wrap my head around if Judson is innocent or not. At times I think he is and other times I just think he could of done it. And also believe he would just let go of Jennifer after all that. But then again if he has found someone else Aka Ivy then maybe he has moved on. But I don't trust him. I need more can't wait book 2!!!
Coco.V
Nov 23, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/23/2017)! 💝
EscapeNBooks
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars

Midnight Scent by Dori Lavelle is book one in the Amour Toxique series.

Woah! My jaw absolutely dropped at the opening chapter of this book, and I might have just gotten a tingling excitement. The concept behind this story was very interesting. Mysterious man, who is a smooth talker and sexy to boot, becomes enamored by a young girl who is somewhat innocent and naive to the real-world. The fact that he was in prison, accused of killing someone added a layer of concern and suspense. H
Kristina at For The Love Of Books
Midnight Scent by Dori Lavelle had me hooked from the very first chapter! I love Dori Lavelles books. This one was no different. I devoured this one needing to see what would happen. Beware there is a cliffhanger and it's a big one that had me gasping from shock!

Ivy is a former model turned college student. She finds a bundle of love letters from the former owner of her room. After reading these letters Ivy finds herself sucked in by the words of the author. When she finds out about the owner o
Linda Wager
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes! Get ready readers, we're on the first steep climb of the roller coaster about to barrel over the top. Lucky us!
Ivy is in the beginning of her new start. Too many years of being who her mother wanted her to be, doing what she wanted her to do has turned Ivy cold.
She had to set her life on track before it was too late.
Ivy's roommate, Chelsea, was exactly who she needed in her life to move her forward. Things were falling into place and looked positive. Then the pipes burst.
After the
Lizzie_Loves_Books
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first read from this author and I loved it. I loved that this book was quite dark in parts and I cant wait for the next instalment.

This book had me feeling so much angst that I didn’t think was possible. That ending killed me though and I’m dying for the next book.
This series made me go through every emotion that is humanly possible and I couldn’t put the book down and when I did I had withdrawals.

Dori please please release the
Reckless Readers
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I hate cliffhangers! I will forever dislike blurbs that do not warn there is a crappy ruin your day cliffhanger!
Especially with a book like this! Like the actual F did I just read?! My emotions are everywhere and I don't know what to do or who to trust. This book was insane and I'm confused but it was amazing and I loved it. This book will obviously make you a little bipolar and you know what, the good books do that to you.
I do highly recommend this read, unless you hate cliffhangers then wait
Heather R Callahan
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Like all the other amazing books by Dori, I was hooked from the start. It is full of suspense, dark, and a book that throws all the punches.

Ivy has decided to go to college. She finds these letters from the previous tenet, Judson. The more she reads, the more she has to find him. Judson is in prison for murder. This book had you wondering if he really did it or not.

These two together are all full of angst. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
ARC provided by author in exchange for an hon
Michelle (Chelle's Book Ramblings)
If you can get past the TSTL heroine on this book you might enjoy the darkness and mistery of it, honestly it was a bit much for me. Ivy is the kind of character you want to slap every time to try and get some sense into her... I dont think I will continue with the next book not even to find out if the guy did it or not , or if he was just freaking nuts ...more
  • Reckoning: The Complete Series
  • Broken Wings
  • Raw
  • Finding Isadora
  • Still Waters
  • Lily and the Beast
  • Luke (The Cowboys, #8)
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honorables, #1)
  • An Indian Affair
  • The Last Manly Man (Robin Hudson, #4)
  • Isle of Tears
  • Zaccaro
  • Redemption (Devereaux, #6)
  • Take a Number (A Jeri Howard Mystery)
  • Mountain Woman
  • Beautiful Inferno
  • Niko's Stolen Bride
  • The Bride of Devil's Acre
Dori Lavelle is a mother, wife, and sucker for happy ever afters and mint chocolate. Hand her a great romance novel and a mug of hot chocolate and she'd be one happy woman.

Amour Toxique (3 books)
  • Midnight Storm (Amour Toxique, #2)
  • Midnight Rain (Amour Toxique, #3)