Start by marking “Secrets and Scars (Fatal Hearts, #3)” as Want to Read:
Secrets and Scars (Fatal Hearts, #3)

Secrets and Scars

(Fatal Hearts #3)

This is the final book in the Fatal Hearts series. Please read Secrets and Lace first.

The nightmare is far from over.

Alvin Jones, Chloe’s husband from hell, is hot on their trail.

Her nose is picking up on his scent. Her skin feels the heat of his rage. Her tongue tastes death—hers and Owen’s.

Owen Firmin has rescued her from her worst nightmare, but will they be able to cr
Published June 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Secrets and Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets and Scars

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4.5 "Payback" Stars ****

photo WOWWWWW_zpsg4vpxvqa.gif

This book and this Fatal Hearts Series is seriously REALLY good. I never had a doubt as Miss Dori Lavelle writes really good, intense stories. The characters are easily likeable/hateable and the story flows perfectly over the three books.

Book 3 is the finale as Chloe continues her fight to survive with the help from an unlikely person she never thought felt the way he did.

photo OWEN_zpsqsnxvtty.jpg

The ending....nothing I have read before about this kind of twist. I was shocked and LOVE
Michelle Krystel
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was amazing was given by author for honest review you nailed it dori great job!!
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)

The first half of this book is amazing. It sucked me in and I was loving it. Around 54% is when it started to drag a bit. While Alvin's plot line was great I didn't like Owen's.

In this book we see a whole different Owen then the one we met in the first book.

I want to write a lengthy review but I would spoil the entire book and I don't want to do that.

The ending is what killed the book for me. I'm still comparing it to His Agenda and it fell short. A lot short.

Can't win them all.
~~~~~~~
Selin'
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not quite sure how to rate this book.

I disliked the first book in the series, I loved the second one and I’m not sure about the third and last one.

It started out amazing, with so much action I was turning pages like a lunatic because I wanted to know how this story would play out.

But some parts just ruined the complete story for me when this could have been one of the best books I’ve ever read. I lost my interest a little when the author wasn’t being realistic. It made me skeptical.

But the end
Expresso
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Man! What a fabulous conclusion to a fabulous series!!

As noted in previous releases in this series, Alvin truly despised Chloe! In this climatic installment, Alvin proved she could run but not hide! Chloe is not alone, however!In this installment Chloe will come to learn she's known her soulmate all along. Their journey to arrive at their HEA is a dark and dangerous one!

This story has some some very dark scenes and dark they must be to withstand the likes of Alvin the deranged! Dude is as nutty
Charlie
I read all three books in this trilogy in one day, I really enjoyed them!
Annie
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really felt bad for him but in the end the real persona stepped up and took care of things...also glad she did good with life after this terrible revelation.
Danielle Harris
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can Chloe survive?

This is the last installment of this series Dori did absolutely amazing job on this series. The narrator did excellent job as well. I highly recommend getting this in audio.

Chloe is at her breaking point. Can she be saved?
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to this series there has been so many twists and turns through these books they will keep you on the edge of your seat wondering how it will all end.

This is the second time I have read this series and it is just as good as the first.
Andrea
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hello of an ending

The book continued to have me on the edge of my seat. It should be no surprise of who died but I think it took a little longer than necessary. I'm glad there was a hea.
Kim Jordan
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
On the fence about this one.

Good but way to redundant. Short chapters same situation. Will continue to read her books though. She's very good at suspense.

Jennifer Turner
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
It was an okay read

I really hated that Miles ended up the way he did I was really hoping he could have gotten some help. However I'm glad he was able to save Chloe in the end. I still find it very strange her ending up with Owen of all people it made no sense for them to be together, but it's her story not mine. Anyways if it had not been free for KU subscribers I don't think I would have bothered but if you're a subscriber I would say check it out.
Lori
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic trilogy!

Love this series! Couldn't put it down until I finished all three books! I ran through so many emotions while reading it, truly one of the best series that I had read on a long time
Cecilia
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riveting

This book had me on the edge I had to read the whole series omg Dori writing had me wanting to read the whole series in one night just saying this is a very Must Read
Loved it
Ri
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it

This series was a roller coaster of feelings. It was dark. It was twisted. And it was intense. Not for the squeamish.
Tracy Dickson
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this series from page 1 on book 1 till the last page of book 3.
Theresa Ritchie
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must read

All three books were amazing they had me hooked from the start couldn't put down was dying to start the next book so glad I found this author she certainly is one of my favorite dark authors
Miranda
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I took a break from my super steamy books to read this series, and I have to say I was not disappointed. It was a little slow to begin, but once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. Definitely a page turner that keeps you on the edge of your seat
Tracy Grieve
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book given for honest review.

The story picks up with Alvin/Miles chasing Chloe and Owen through the jungle of his island.
I first thought that Owen was going to turn out to be on team Alvin and the rescue was all part of Alvin's sick plan. I mean why would a guy who hates you want to rescue you?

Who will make it out alive? Well it's a given but there are a few twists in this story and as Chloe and Owen put distance between themselves and Alvin they seem to be getting closer but when Chloe reveal
Andra Weis
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whew….what a ride. But finally, we are at the conclusion of the Fatal Hearts series. I must say, with each book I read of Dori Lavelle’s, the more I come to love and respect her writing. My introduction came with the sweet, but easily consumed Moments in Time Series. Approximately a dozen books later, we are presented with the Fatal Hearts Series. This series is certainly a big contrast to the first series I read….nothing sweet about this series! Totally intense!!!!!

In the final book of this ser
Amber Jackson
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Ending to a Thrilling Series!

I managed to read all 3 books in this series in one very dedicated day. Once I started I just could not get enough and had to know what happened. This book is just as filled with fast paced action and suspense as the last one. I was practically speed reading because it was so intense and I was desperate to know the next move. I really didn't see how this series could possibly have any kind of normal, much less happy, ending. I was pleasantly surprised at how
Kathy Osborn
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What an ending to a superb series from Dori Lavelle.
Chloe and Owen are on the run from Alvin, who wants to kill them both.
Chloe's finally tells Owen her past and what she did to make Alvin to make him become a psycho. Trust me, when you read what Alvin does to Chloe in all three books, you will agree with me.

Owen is compassionate and forgiving after Chloe lets him in, but will he help her or turn his back on her.

Chloe must fight for her life and heal the wounds of the past. Meanwhile, A
Michelle
Ehh save your time...read a good book instead

This review is extremely HARSH and contains mega spoilers. This was obnoxious. Predictably annoying. Owen the true love of Chloe/Kelly's life to the rescue!!! Alvin is dead. Yay. She doesn't have HIV. Yay they all lived happy ever after. Yay. She was repeatedly raped and made love to the rapists alter ego, between the rapes. She is amazing. She survived rape and torture only to fall in love with her rescuer, who happened to be her tormentors best frie
Tracy
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in this series, and picks up perfectly from where book 2 ended... With Chloe and Owen running for their lives!!!
Now... It's hard not to give spoilers in a book like this, but i'll do my best whilst at the same time... Expressing what a mind blowing read this book is!!!
The dangers of the jungle are nothing compared to the danger of Alvin... But can Miles, his other persona, break through before it's too late?
With constant twists and turns at every page, not only was i reading whit
Yessica Rivas
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Leanne
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I hate when I really want to LOVE a book, when my expectations are sky high. My brain can't concentrate on what it's supposed to be doing because it knows that third and final book in an explosive series is sitting on my Kindle...but then it can't quite reach that pedestal I've placed there for it.
I was so ready for this book. The first two blew me away. After all the devastation in book 2 I was really expecting this one to be extra dark and gritty. After Chloe's yacht situation I was eager for
Judy Miracle
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After finishing book 2 Secrets and Tears I jumped right into Secrets and Lace. I had to know how this series ended. Would Chloe make it out, would she meet her maker, Would Alvin/Miles die, Would she be found. I mean all of these questions were going through my head in book 2 and through the entirety of this book.

Does Owen get Chloe away from her psycho husband or does he catch up to them? I swear Dori has had me on the edge of my seat and on the verge of a heart attack this entire series. i de
Shelly Wygant
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the final book in the Fatal Hearts series. You must read the first two books before reading this.

In the heart stopping conclusion we find Chloe running from Alvin. Owen has rescued her but can they both make it safety? Alvin does not make this easy. The whole book I am on the edge of my seat waiting for him to terrify them. Waiting with baited breath to see if they get away.

Once again Ms. Lavelle does a great job of writing a dark story that has some rays of sunshine. She will have you
Books 2 Blog
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really great conclusion to the series!! Most of the book is Chloe and Owen being chased and hiding out, but I was definitely on the edge of my seat waiting for Alvin to pop up. When he did it was nail biting!

The author did a great job wrapping up the series and I'm so glad that after all that heartbreak and angst, Chloe got her happily ever after. It sucks she had to go through all of that gruesomeness, for her to open up and tell people her story. Kind of ironic the way things unfolded for her
Marinda
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In book 3 of this psychological thriller we pick up right where we left off in book 2. Chloe has escaped Alvin and with the help of Owen is hiding on the island staying barely a step ahead of Alvin. They're trying to get to Owen's yacht to get off the island and away from Alvin but if they succeed what happens next?
I am definitely a fan of Ms. Lavelle and this series rocked!! The characters are well written and the story flows at a extremely fast pace. I couldn't put it down, I read it in one s

• Dirty Nights, The Novel
  • Pretty When She Cries
  • Honorable Disgrace
  • Parasight (Red Order, #2)
  • Tainted Love (Tainted Love, #1)
  • Mindfu*k
  • Havoc
  • Falling into Place (Others of Edenton, #3)
  • Filthy 4 (Filthy, #4)
  • Tailspin
  • This Isn't Fair, Baby (War & Peace, #6)
  • A Life Less Broken
  • Eluded
  • Shhh... Gianna's Side
  • Asylum
  • Deliverance for Amelia (Killer, #1)
  • Iron Sinners (Sinners Never Die, #1)
  • Tragic Beauty (Beauty & The Darkness, #1)
Dori Lavelle is a mother, wife, and sucker for happy ever afters and mint chocolate. Hand her a great romance novel and a mug of hot chocolate and she'd be one happy woman.

Fatal Hearts (3 books)
  • Secrets and Lace (Fatal Hearts, #1)
  • Secrets and Tears (Fatal Hearts #2)