Start by marking “Liberator (Flights of Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Liberator (Flights of Love, #1)

Liberator

(Flights of Love #1)

David Adler is a feckless, bisexual grad student in 1980s Cleveland who goes somewhere he shouldn’t and ends up in 1941, where he freaks out, works hard, joins the Army Air Corps, and reconnects with his Jewish roots. He also falls in love with both flying and Jim Wysynski, a guy he describes as “the prototype for the ideal American military hero: gee-whiz naif...secretly ...more
Published June 4th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Liberator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberator

Skye Kilaen
A time travel romance about a bisexual Jewish grad student from the 1980s, David Adler, who is thrown back to 1941. There he meets Jim Wysynski, a young man who hasn't yet realized he's gay. As World War II looms, the two enlist together and become lovers.

I'm a reader who appreciates having her heart grabbed and wrenched, and this book absolutely delivers. The growing affection between David and Jim is adorable, but it's intermixed with all kinds of pain in both the past and present. (Jim-in-his
Drianne
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, historical, sf
Really sweet WW2 (well, mostly; there's time travel) love story. Lots of lovingly-researched detail, on both 1940s Cleveland and training to be a pilot in WW2. The love story is nicely timed, slow build, not instalove, and the end is satisfying as a stopping point, even if the story is not complete (it's one story spread over the three books; only the first volume is currently available but all three have been written so hopefully will be out soon!). Very nice, can't wait to read the others!
Sineala
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
WW2 time-travel gay romance! Whee! Several of my favorite genres are combined together into one very nice romance novel. The characters are compelling and the author clearly did a lot of research on WW2 and airplanes. This is the first book in a trilogy and I'm excited to see where the rest of it goes (and what happens to Jim and David in the future); I will definitely be picking up the rest.
Penelope Peters
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellently written and an intriguing idea. I love the WW2 era, and unlike a lot of books set in that time, this read true to the time period, and not at all forced or inadequately researched.

The characters were wonderful, too. David, who carries most of the story, was great, but I totally fell for Jim, who we see from varying ages starting at 19 on through to his 60s. He was a complete delight, and every time we had the story from his POV (no matter the time period), I was always happy to find
ainsley
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't leave the characters behind when I finished, and I am eagerly awaiting the next book. ❤
Kc
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical, sci-fi
cliffhanger -_-
Just A. Bean
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked the attention to historical detail, especially gay culture in the various periods, and I liked that the author didn't try to make her heroes have the correct opinions out of period. There were a lot of moments that were just lovely and fitting. This is especially impressive given the author is juggling the '40s, the '50s and the '80s at various points, and running an alternate history plotline as well.

The growing
Lea Blottiaux
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very Good Read

I really enjoyed reading Liberator, Book 1 in the Flights of Love Series. The series continues on about David and Jim. Very good read.
Aimee Fleck