Start by marking “Every Dark Waning” as Want to Read:
Every Dark Waning

Every Dark Waning

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In this collection of poems, A. Davida Jane writes with a sharply honed honesty. She writes of sleepless nights, of days spent alone, but also of the reasons to keep fighting—be it poetry, a girl, the sky, or even the promise of one day feeling okay again.
Paperback, First, 96 pages
Published June 24th 2016 by Platypus Press

To ask other readers questions about Every Dark Waning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Dark Waning

☙ percy ❧
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"i'll follow the sound of your bleeding
even when i'm blind."

beautiful, poignant, and masterful poetry. recommended.
Aesirae
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
I loved every single page.
My english is so rusty that I'm not actually able to express my feelings about this book in words. Just thank you.

(I miss you)
Elvier Roegiers
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: english, poetry
If I highlighted every line I loved in this poetry collection, the book would be more bright yellow than white. I love pretty much every single poem in this. Severe Weather Warning has always been my favourite poem by A. Davida Jane and I'm really happy to finally have it in printed form, that it comes with a whole bunch of other amazing poems is a nice bonus.
Limi
"Darling, did you know the ache we feel is our hearts hurting from trying to beat at the same time. Did you know that it hurts so much because one time they got it right, and every moment since then has been agony, a history of mistimed implosions so desperately trying to be together and never quite making it."

God, I probably love every poem in this collection. Such stunning stunning poetry.
Meryana
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"we will keep building until all the world is a home, with so many open doors and one big window where every young girl has a place to sit."
there is so much hope and optimism in Davida Jane's words it takes my breath away and makes me glad to be alive.
Alyssa
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm going to be frank and say that I didn't understand most of the poems, but the ones I did understand were great and I liked them.

I sent Growing Pains to one of my friends who I thought of when I read it.
Anita
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: of-poetry, real-world
A lovely book - bittersweet on the whole, with bright and dark spots dappled throughout. Some of the poems are more traditional in format, and a few of them are more like paragraphs of thoughts tumbling into each other. I respect the author's work regardless. And her imagery - so much of this reads like somebody is taking a paintbrush to me and putting surreal landscapes in my head! I read this in digital form, but I think one of these days, it would be a pleasure to acquire a proper hard copy.
Luna Margo Valentine
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
this is a book I can appreciate. honestly, it didn't pick up for me until around part 3 but it was a beautiful collection. this is definitely one i will come back and read and hopefully i will find more poems i can love and give my love to.
Lis