Start by marking “Home for Winter” as Want to Read:

Home for Winter

Serena Meadows and her twin sister, Luna, are identical in appearance—but the similarity ends there. Luna always had a mean streak and, as a teenager, her selfishness culminated in an almighty betrayal from which Serena thought she’d never recover.

Years later the twins are reunited by tragedy and Luna is a changed woman. The arrogance and spite of her youth are gone and, a
Published October 18th 2016 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Home for Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home for Winter

Suze Lavender
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Serena and Luna are identical twins, but while they look exactly alike their characters couldn't be more different. Serena is kind and thoughtful and Luna is difficult and sometimes incredibly mean. She's selfish and she manages to hurt her sister plenty of times. Eventually she betrays her in a way that breaks Serena's heart.

Serena's boyfriend Will is a vicar. They move to a rural village to start over. There they open their house for those who need it. Finally their days are filled with compan
Velvet
I was expecting more

If you're looking for a story that's somewhat predictable, with not much in the way of twists or revelations, this book is for you. I found myself wanting more, however. The one twist came way too late in the book, after I'd lost all interest in Serena's and Will's lives.
The peripheral characters were just that. The author tried to flesh them out but none of it seemed to work for me. I know there is an audience for this read, but I'm obviously not it.
Lisa Houston
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read by this author and both got 5 stars.

Great read great characters and a lovely twist towards the end
Danielle Christian
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For me this book turned out to be quite a surprise. I was obviously interested enough to start reading the book but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. It was such a heartwarming book about life, loves, friends and family but also gave a little bit on mystery that had me not wanting to put it down. For me, Home for Winter, really showed two main points: while your life may take some unexpected twists in the end you may end up far better than planned and some people really do end up beco ...more
Joan Kendall
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting storyline

Warm and engaging book which uses time flashbacks and sub plots to provide a modern and relevant text covering several issues. Very enjoyable.
Linda
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect holiday read

I really enjoyed this book, it was really nice to read a book that you could not wait to pick up but was not all swearing etc. Well done to Rebecca Boxall
Karen Whittard
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley, Lake Union publishing and Rebecca Boxall for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.

I love stories that are different from the norm and this book ticked that box for me. As it had bits about parish life and faith running through the book that you didn't find very often. Which i found really interesting.

This book holds the readers attention from the beginning to the end as it is not just a love story but has lots of drama in it as well.

The characters in
Joann
I won this Kindle e-book in a Goodreads Book giveaway. What a charming book it was. It was a feel good read but also had enough drama and family drama to hold your interest through the book. I love reading novels that take place in Britain for many reasons. Serena and her vicar boyfriend, Will, move to a country parish for a fresh start. The Vicarage is an old Victorian home which Serena sets about to redo little by little. The story line focuses back and forth to Serena growing up with her twin ...more
Beth Sammons
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

Luna and Serena were identical twins. The similarities did not go further than their appearance. Serena, sweet and accommodating. Luna wild with a mean streak. Luna was always jealous of Serena, hiding her dolls, trying to take her friends and boyfriends. Serena dealt with it by just removing herself from the situations. Serena and Will move to a vicarage in a quaint village. They meet wonderful people and after m ant months win all their hearts.
Joelle
Jan 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book was ridiculously disappointing. From the blurb I read, I thought this was going to be Christian fiction with a Christmas setting...not so much. This story was more like a bad Lifetime movie. I agree with a previous reviewer that if I hadn't received this in exchange for a review I would have stopped reading it way before the ending.

***I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Alison Maloney
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Possibly the most unlikely plot I have ever read but a pleasant enough Christmas read.

Possibly the most unlikely plot I have ever read, but a pleasant enough Christmas read. Only worth 99p though or get as Prime freebie.
Heidi Stewart
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Like her previous book, you get into it straight away and love the characters immediately. A lovely story with a few shockers along the way.
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and hope I can look forward to another in 2017.
Karen boyd
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable easy read

A good enjoyable read. As the characters are up to date you can relate to them as indivduals .a must read
Gail Banavage
Jan 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Nope! Next!
david john minogue
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My wife thoroughly enjoyed this kept her quiet for a few hours
Eileen Egerton
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun read

It was a little hard to follow in the beginning but became more enjoyable & a very good read! I would recommend this book!
Elizabeth
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story of Winter!!!

A lovely story with back flashes to add to the "plot" Will and Serena move to a lovely village hoping to start a new life.
I thoroughly enjoyed this story with its many great and varied characters and their sadness and happiness.
Highly recommend
Sally Coles
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Serena and Will have just moved into the vicarage in a Sussex village and are hoping to settle well into the Parish and make new friends and move on with their lives - but soon upon arrival they hear stories about the nursery being haunted and that no-one living there has been able to have children. Serena is very upset and we soon realise that something has happened and moving parish is supposed to be a new beginning for both of them.

Serena has an identical twin sister Luna who she is estranged
Jane
Serena Meadows is an identical twin to Luna in looks but total opposites in personality. Home for Winter tells the story of the relationship of the two sisters and how different they are from one another. Serena is quiet, peaceful, kind, considerate, caring and willing to help others while Luna is spiteful, selfish, scheming and rather wicked.

Serena and Will, her partner, a vicar live in a new village and work hard to make a new start and a new home. It all comes right when the Home for Winter i
Angela  Mellor
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
g for this ARC I received in return for an honest review.
I read the blurb to this and thought it sounded ok but it was a slow read for me. The book has alternate chapters jumping from present time in serena's life as the vicars partner and past years with previous boyfriends and her current partner but eeking out information little by little of her sister, Luna.
I struggled with this book as I found it slow going, far too many characters to keep track of and why! and a fairly unbelievable storyli
Joann
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sheri Courts
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received this ebook free in a Goodreads Giveaway. Loved this story. A quick read and though at first it really did not seem to be a Holiday book ,the ending sure made up for that. It had a few twists and turns that kept me engaged in the plot. Would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a Holiday read that has other elements of family drama ,new beginnings and a little mystery .
Kathleen Gray
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
well written fast read (it's fairly short) with some very good characters in Will, Luna, and Serena. I enjoyed this more than I expected to, in part because Boxall hit a sweet spot with her setting and plot. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC- try this one if you'd like a story of family issues that is ultimately very positive.
Sam
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely seasonal story from Rebecca Boxall.

This book tells the story of Serena, a twin to Luna - identical in looks but totally different personalities. Serena longs to be a mother, but struggles to recover from failed IVF treatments.
I really enjoyed this book.
Serena
Nov 10, 2016 is currently reading it
Shelves: gr-giveaways
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I have won this book through the Goodreads Giveaways.

My Rating System:
* couldn't finish, ** wouldn't recommend, *** would recommend, **** would read again, ***** have read again
Alexandra Coughlan
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Home for Winter

I thoroughly enjoyed Will and Serena's story. The characters were believable and the story kept me enthralled. I liked the author's style of writing and couldn't wait to hear the whole story.
Mrs Regina Carr-Quinn
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Great Read

Loved it, couldn't put it down. The character's were all so very different and this made a nice change. It wasn't corney nor overzealous where the character's were concerned
Ruth Loizides
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and sad
Debby Page
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely cheery story

Easy to read / get into. You can relate to the characters & imagine the settings etc. Makes a change from violence/ murder etc
nikki pope
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good winter Read

Really enjoyed this book. Easy reading. Nice and light but some twists and turns. First time I have read anything from this author.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Portrait of Molly Dean
  • Christmas Cookies 'Round the World
  • Outback Promise
  • The Master's Chair (Chronicles of Terah, #1)
  • The Tulip Girl
  • Assassins Hunted
  • A Fine Woman
  • The Painted Sky
  • Deserving Death (Detective Ella Marconi, #7)
  • The Last Pearl
  • Bloodtree River
  • Summer at Coastguard Cottages
  • The Last Witness (Gerard-Kensington Detective #1)
  • The Silk Weaver's Daughter
  • Halloween: An American Holiday, an American History
  • Secrets From The Dust
  • The Secret Kiss of Darkness (Shadows from the Past #2)
  • Savage Summer
Rebecca Boxall was born in East Sussex in 1977 and grew up in a bustling Vicarage always filled with family, friends and parishioners. She now lives by the sea in Jersey with her husband, children and cats. She read English at the University of Warwick before training as a lawyer and also studied Creative Writing with The Writer's Bureau.

Rebecca's first three books all made it to bestseller statu
“It was the thick of winter when Serena and Will moved into the Vicarage. A cold, damp day in February. The electricity wasn’t working and as they moved carefully around the enormous old house, trying to locate the trip switch, Serena thought she’d never felt as cold in her life.” 0 likes
“doing? Was it agony?’ ‘Horrendous. I had no idea these things go on for so long either. They were talking about an epidural when I left, so she might get a bit of rest before the pushing bit starts. Goodness, it made me very glad to be a man.’ ‘You’ll think I’m mad but, even though it sounds awful, I’d still have loved to experience it.’ Will put his arms out and embraced her. ‘I know,’ he said into her hair. Serena took a deep breath and looked up at him. ‘You look exhausted,’ she said. ‘Why don’t you go and have a bath and a nap and we’ll do Winnie’s presents just before lunch?’ ‘That sounds like heaven. I’ll go and” 0 likes