Start by marking “Brody & Nick (Something About Him, #2)” as Want to Read:
Brody & Nick (Something About Him, #2)

Brody & Nick

(Something About Him #2)

Army specialist Brody King is a successful and respected soldier. With only a year left in his commitment, he devises a plan to help him save money—a plan that requires him to marry.
Nick Ferguson is working toward college graduation and his community services management career. With his lease about to expire, he’s more than willing to take Brody up on his crazy marriage s
Published June 23rd 2016 by A.D. Ellis Publishing (first published June 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Brody & Nick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brody & Nick

Start your review of Brody & Nick (Something About Him, #2)
Coco.V
Nov 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 Books 1-3 in the series are FREE on Amazon today (11/2/2019)! 🎁
namericanwordcat
I just never got the real connection between these two to make this one work for me which is too bad because I love a marriage of con romance.
Aubrey
Jan 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Finally it's over

Don't get me wrong, the characters are nice, but it was a pretty slow slog with some unnecessary drama thrown in at the end to set up the HEA. I feel like it missed a lot of opportunity too, no conflict between them (other than the last) and very little outside interaction (mostly just them hanging out). I would have liked to see Nick and Brody attend an Army ball, or something where they had to "pretend." It was obvious from the start where it was going to end and it seeme
Stephanie
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: MM Readers, Military readers
Recommended to Twinsie Talk Angie J by: AD Ellis
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Brody & Nick (Something About Him #2)
by A.D. Ellis

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Oh Brody and Nick…..these two are quite a pair. Brody is looking to ma
Diverse
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2016-reads
Obviously by the title you know the MC’s are Brody and Nick. No secret there. But there story is quite fabulous.
Brody and Nick have this arrangement and it’s very clever. They fake a marriage in the military to gain funds and off base housing… other things. I’m not military savvy, sorry. But it’s smart because the benefits are wonderful. Anyway, a fake marriage… you see where this is going.
A.D. Ellis has a sort of poetry to her writing especially when it comes to emotion. As Brody &a
K
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

In the military, if you are married, you are given an allowance and you are allowed to live off base. Brody starts working this plan with Nick as a way to save money for each of them over the next year. They would be roommates at most, friends definitely, and if benefits were added, all the better.

•••

Brody & Nick didn’t start off with the perfect marriage and the white picket fence. They didn’t even have rings during their lunchtime wedding. What they did ha/>Brody
ButtonsMom2003
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-from-author
I’ve found another new-to-me author to follow!

Brody & Nick is a stand-alone romance in the Something About Him series of unrelated stories. This is the first book I’ve read by Ms. Ellis but it surely won’t be the last.

Brody will be getting out of the Army in a year but he wants to move off base now. If he gets married he’ll get a housing allowance. He figures he can split the rent with his new husband and they will both save money. When the year is up they can both go their separat/>Brody
Ryane
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No secret that I was active duty. I have seen people get married to move off base. Matches made in hell really. And yes, the squadron commander was watching them like a hawk. Now the Air Force is slightly more lax when it comes to airmen moving of base, but still you have men and women in their early 20s making some not so great decisions when it comes to this

I wanted to slap the shit out of Brody. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to just ask him, “What is going on in that br
Heather Martin
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start out by saying that even though this says its Book 2, it's in no way related to Book 1 and can be read as a standalone. There was no mention of any character or events that connect the two books.

Brody is in the military and looking for a way to scam (let's call it what it is) the system for off base living and decides to proposition his texting/sexting pal into marriage to help them both save money.

Of course, the decision to marry and be friends with benefits led to more feelings a
Lily
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed the previous two books in the series along with A.D. Ellis's writing style, so I was thrilled to read Brody and Nick's story.

4* ~ I loved the idea of the fake marriage and when the two guys actually fell in love with each other and had wonderful dates, but were reticent about declaring their true feelings. There were some lovely scenes between Brody and Nick showing how much they cared, liked being together, and wanted a real long-term marriage. The angsty parts
Antoinette
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. "Brody and Nick" captivated me from the start. Two people marrying more as a business arrangement instead of love is a concept that has been written about plenty. Nick and Brody's story was fresh and interesting. The fact that they didn't think things through to the end made for a very delightful story. Both Nick and Brody seemed real and the way they both bumbled through their relationship scared of what the ends of the year would bring was both adorble and frustrating. I'm s ...more
Felicia Eddy
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say I love Brody and Nick.

Brody in the military wants to live off base but in order to get the allowance he needs to be married. Brody has known Nick for a little while and are friends so when Brody starts thinking of who he can marry for just a year Nick comes to mind. Nick looking to save some thinks this could be a good idea and Brody being hot doesn't hurt either. So they get married but will it be just for a year as their feelings start to grow?

This book i
Christina Concus (Midnight Reads)
I received an ARC for an honest review.

I loved reading about Brody and Nick and their struggle to find their happily ever after.

Brody and Nick are friends that have keep in touch through texts, while Brody was deployed. During this time it suggested that they do something unconventional to help each other out.

Will their plan ruin everything or will they eventually find/get their happily ever after they deserve?

Many things where touched that brought forth ideas/things th
Jennifer Reilley
I received this book as an arc and loved it

Brody and Nick are both looking to save money and Brody approaches Nick to marry him to save on housing.

They both need to learn how to communicate through this marriage and are not knowing how the other feels. You watch them fall in love and struggle in the end to keep the marriage together.

I loved them realizing they loved each other and the struggle they went through to fight for each other.

I LOVED Addie. I wish I
Dawn Beech
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this Book as a ARC for a honest review
Broady and Nick, are best friends
they text and keep in touch because of the Army
when Broady comes up with a plan to get loff base because he has a homophobic Sargent they hatch a plan,
There is a lot of ups and downs
as there is in any new relationship
i spent the whole book hoping they could get over the downs
i wish they had more than 5 *as i would have given it,
i highly recommend this book to all
Marie Mckenney
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this book

Brody and Nick started out their lives in an unconventional way. They married to save money. They barely knew each other. Brady's friend Addie was against it at first but came to support him and Nick. The ups and downs in this book were an awesome rollercoaster. The three of them were so fun and glad that the book ended the way it did. Loved it.
Allison
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. Brody and Nick started out as friends marrying to save some money. What they ended up with was so much better than a bigger savings account. When their love is put to the test, will love conquer all or will their insecurities and stubbornness force them apart? Great story, I did not want to put it down. I was hooked from the beginning. I received an ARC for an honest review.
Kathy Boone
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*author copy* I loved reading Brody and Nick's story. it was a wonderful journey going from friends to a happily married couple. and the ups and downs along the way really made them realize what they had was real. I would recommend reading this series.
Rachel
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
The entire book was great... riiiiiiight up until the epilogue, which I found kinda icky and unnecessary.
Zane Kage
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4
Again wanting to kick the MC. This is getting violent. Overall, really liked this one, just wish Brody didn't have his head up his butt.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Gosh, I can't get over how much I couldn't connect to these two men. Nope, not one bit. I tried, and I know there was nothing wrong with this story I just couldn't roll with it. It happens.
Emma
Mar 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This just got worse and worse.

Starting at 3 stars In the beginning it seemed a bit juvenile but cute enough. The plot device used to ensure our couple have to (view spoiler) is pretty lame and then never referenced again but that's okay I was only looking for a light bedtime read.

But then we move into 2 star range because we completely skip the best part of marriage of convenience stories - the falling in love. Seriously it/>But
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
When I started reading again A.D. was one of the first authors I read and I couldn’t stop with just one. By the end I finished her whole first series and then the spin off... now going into her series of male male... AMAZING!!! With each series you fall more in love with her characters and her but more importantly her writing style!

I had my ups and downs with Brody and was sure how things would turn out but my understanding soon won out and waited. Nick I loved immediately and wanted
Sylvia
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5☆

I liked the first halve of this story
the whole fake marriage thing and ofcourse falling in love but god Brody is one selfish sob I had a hard time liking him, Nick was such a sweetheart and a bit off a doormat.
What I missed in this story was friendship besides the one they have with Addie .
Addie ugh she was way too present for me.
The Epilogue was nice but still too much Addie it felt like they were in an ménage relationship.
(view spoiler)2.5☆

I liked the first halve of this story
Addie ugh she was way too present for me.
(view spoiler)
Straight Girl Goes Gay
My Video Review on Vimeo
My written and video reviews contain spoilers!

(view spoiler) ...more
J.J. Ellis
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Good Story (4.5 Stars)

I love classic stories that deal with things like a marriage of convenience. And I was excited to dig in. The characters and the story didn't pull me in quite as much as I would have liked them too but I did enjoy reading through to the end and I did root for their HEA. The epilogue gave me a bit of anxiety because although sweet and timely, I couldn't help but worry about plausibility and the obvious what if's. I can't wait to read the next book in the
Eric Neill
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How hard are boys' heads tied to their hearts?

Sometimes not enough at first, but with enough pressure from family and friends, love can provide the bond needed to allow forgiveness to heal the inevitable hurts caused by misunderstanding and mistakes we all face. We do many wrong things based on worry and fear in spite of knowing better. The forgiveness offered yields the great joy of making up.
Shirley (Secret Squirrel)
This started out great but started to lose me close to the middle. Nick and Brody were great and had good chemistry but parts of the story lines and other relationships hurt the book. There wasn't a consistency in how the story flowed and some of the angst were unnecessary. I also found Abby to be way too clingy. 2.5

• Rented Heart (Rented Heart, #1)
  • Rescue Me (Heathens Ink #1)
  • Going Commando (Heathens Ink, #2)
  • Protecting the Soul (Souls of Chicago, #3)
  • A Rhythm You Feel (The Rock Gods: East Coast Label #1)
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Don't Judge (Nothing Special, #4)
  • Here Comes Trouble (Nothing Special, #3)
  • Embracing His Syn (Nothing Special, #2)
  • Incoming (Veterans Affairs, #1)
  • Nothing Special (Nothing Special, #1)
  • I Do, or Dye Trying (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries,#4)
  • Music of the Soul (Souls of Chicago, #2)
  • Between These Sheets
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Safe and Sound (Twist of Fate, #2)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
A.D. Ellis is an Indiana girl, born and raised. She spends much of her time in central Indiana as an instructional coach/teacher in the inner city of Indianapolis, being a mom to two amazing school-aged children, and wondering how she and her husband of nearly two decades haven't driven each other insane yet. A lot of her time is also devoted to phone call avoidance and her hatred of cooking.

Something About Him (6 books)
  • Bryan & Jase (Something About Him, #1 )
  • Barrett & Ivan (Something About Him, #3)
  • Braeton & Drew (Something About Him, #4)
  • Ryker & Gavin (Something About Him, #5)
  • Kade & Cameron (Something About Him, #6)