Start by marking “Winter in August” as Want to Read:
Winter in August

Winter in August

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
The day my mother walked out of my life at eight years, old set the stage for the disaster that I had become. At twenty-six, I had not only lost her, but also the man I thought would marry me and love me forever. Betrayed by the two people I loved the most, I kept love out and used men like I had been used. That's until someone walked into my life in a very unexpected way. ...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Winter in August, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter in August

Tina
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What can l say about an author who keeps writing amazing books, that I get excited when it close to her release day. Winter In August is about two people from two different worlds, but have so much in common that is they’ve loved and lost love.

“I had neither time nor the desire for any sappy love bullshit. I had that once, and that sappy shit didn’t last. I was determined to not allow myself to fall in love with a guy again. Love caused heartache and took up too much time. I was in charge of my
Jessica
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Trust is hard to find when you hold on to grudges

This is my second book I read from the author Ms. Mia Villano. The first one was a heart-break. I think I almost cried and so emotional. Winter In August will break your heart, make you laugh and at the same time head fall in-love with Colt. This guy is not only rich, hot but is crazy with Gabriella.

Gabby is hard to put trust into somebody after all she has been through from heart-break, mother negligence and the last man he loved lives him. I re
Reckless Readers
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this amazing author and I'm so in love with this story and the writing. It was beautiful, and funny, and steamy. This book had it all, seriously whatever you're waiting for to be the big sign you should buy this book, here it is: GO BUY THIS BOOK. You won't regret it.
I'm so sad it's over, I just fell in love with everything this book had to offer. I want more!

*recieved an ARC in exchange for an honest review*
Shellby
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked Winter in August. It was funny, and heartbreaking. It is not a very long book, and you will get through it even quicker with the interest you will pick up in the book. I liked how the heartbreaker for Gabby started when her mother walked out, instead of a man. It brings a different side to the table.

-NightWolf Book Blog
Melissa Crump
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Full of sass, humor. You can't help but laugh at times when you hear Gabby's inner self having a conversation. She's a firecracker. The author does a good job of pulling you in on the emotional ride Gabby takes in her life. There's a hot male who will stop at nothing for a woman who intrigues him. He must know her, must have her in every way possible.
Lee Ann
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is very good, 4 1/2 stars, this book has lots of feels to it, a H that knows what he wants, and is patient enough to wait, the things the heroine of the story goes through feels very real, I don't want to give anything away but the story draws you in and holds your attention. So yes I recommend it to friends. It will pull you from your day so you can feel for someone else.
Kathy Rouchelle
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great read!!! I loved this book, the story, the characters. The story of loss and pain and fear of going through it again making a young woman's heart harden, believing that she would never love or trust anyone again, creating a life of detachment and one night stands was amazingly written. You could feel the pain she was in all through this story and even worry that she would succumb to her depression and wild lifestyle, even though she had a job that she loved and a best friend that car ...more
Books 2 Blog
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So this is the first book I've read by this author and I must say, it won't be my last! This book had me in tears learning of the heartaches Gabby dealt with and then when she finds out, the truth, my heart aches for her even more. Talk about heartbreaking. Colt had just entered her life right before all this new information comes to light. She keeps pushing him away and refusing him, but her walls start to crumble as he is very persistent. A business man, always getting what he wants, as he wou ...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author s
Wendy Fisher
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful love story filled with most of my favorite things; sadness, regret, humor, sass and love. Gabby has suffered more than enough in her 26 years. Whiskey and sex are her poison. No more relationships, just one night stands...until the pilot of one of her bad decisions catches her looking in his wallet. What happens when they randomly meet again and he shares his desires? Will she ever trust again? Will her demons keep her from having a life she deserves? I loved this story. Gabby i ...more
Barbara Calhoun
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book, I have read over and over and over again. A must read for all believers of true love.
Books Laid Bare
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one that will give your emotions a complete work out.
While I may think I laughed and cried in equal measure… I know for certain that I fell in love with Colt. He was fabulous, because not only was he superhot and super rich, he was also super devoted to Gabriella(Gabby)
Gabby was impossible not to feel emotionally connected with, she had been through so much that I completely understood why she had such a hard time letting anyone in. Her painful past had left her with a will of iron, an a
Nancy Reads
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Winter in August is a story that shows what can happen when a mother leaves, and thinking only of herself, the affect it can have on a child. The father of the child, also has difficulty dealing with the abandonment of his wife, and mother of his daughter. He turns to drink leaving the child feeling more abandoned the ever. She found love with a childhood friend, till he too leaves to join the military never to return. She felt she had reason for doing what she did. At least that is what she tol ...more
Serena Worker
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Waking up in a stranger’s bed is nothing new but when Gabby realized just who she woke up with, it's time to stop drinking and get her life in order. The surprise she feels when she meets the strangers pilot and feelings bother her so she leaves as quick as she can.
After losing the love of her life through a tragic event Gabby suffers severe depression and won't let anyone close to her again except for her friend Harper.
Gabby decides to try to go out and not have a one night stand, she bumps i
Kendra Needs
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I volunteered to read this book as part of a book reviewing group....

This book was such an amazing book to read, from the story line to the characters and the feeling that the author is able to bring out in the characters, for me this book was an emotional rollercoaster and it will be a book that is not soon forgotten.

This book is about Gabby (aka Gabriella) journey and rediscovering herself and breaking down the walls that she has built around her heart and letting people in, has she met the ma
Missy Harton
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"What she did to me caused a cold winter in my soul..."

Sigh...I found my new book boyfriend in Colt Andrews!! I've only read Mia Villano one other time; what I've read of her so far, Winter in August is my favorite! The characters are charismatic, witty, and burdened. Fight as she may, Gabby Barone can't deny the pull she has to Colt. Their unconventional meeting was a surprise and Gabby vowed to never place herself in that type of situation again. "...similar to a junkie looking for the next fi
Marika
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is only the second book I've read by this author but by God she Def became a favourite. The story and the characters are both amazing and hooked me right from the start. I love heartbreak, I might be weird but I love a good cry, especially when I will then laugh and swoon and fan myself.
Gabby and Colton Def did not have it easy but together they are a force.
I love this type of stories..sigh..
Anyway ;) this author really knows how to spin an emotional and beautiful tale.
I am already ready fo
Melissa Crump
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of sass, humor. You can't help but laugh at times when you hear Gabby's inner self having a conversation. She's a firecracker. The author does a fantastic job of pulling you in on the emotional ride Gabby takes in her life. There's a hot male who will stop at nothing for a woman who intrigues him. He must know her, must have her in every way possible. Steamy just does not do this book justice.

I really enjoyed this story. Can't wait for more from this author!
Lori Hammons
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Gabby and Colt's story. I love how Gabby's hot temper would fire up and she'd say her piece and then melt into Colt's arms. Gabby has had a few emotionally tough situations in her young life that hardened her heart. Colt's determination to tear down the wall makes for some fiery sex scenes, emotion filled revelations and a damn good story!
Sheree
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tammy
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winter In August

5 stars. I absolutely loved reading Winter In August, you did it again Mia. This was another beautiful story and I loved it. This is a must have buy it you won't be disappointed.
Rhonda F
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it this book was hot !
Anne De
Amanda
Dec 31, 2016
Denise Sadlowski
Jul 10, 2016
Mia Villano is a new up and coming erotic romance author. Her first two books Loving the Senator and The Ambassador and Me were both featured as Amazons Hot New Release. You can find Mia at

Facebook facebook.com/miavillanobook