Start by marking “Born to be Broken (Alpha's Claim, #2)” as Want to Read:
Born to be Broken (Alpha's Claim, #2)

Born to be Broken

(Alpha's Claim #2)

Claire has a score to settle.

Unwilling mate to the brute who viciously conquered her city, she has once again escaped from her Alpha. Hardened by betrayal, cold as the ice outside the Dome, Claire becomes the mission. The Omegas must be freed, no matter the cost.

The price on her head will not deter her; after all, mated and subjugated her life no longer retains value. She
Published June 3rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Born to be Broken, please sign up.
Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀ I looked on both the author's Facebook and website, but found nothing. I also looked with the publishing company & other retailers, but its not…moreI looked on both the author's Facebook and website, but found nothing. I also looked with the publishing company & other retailers, but its not listed yet. To the best of my knowledge, from reading the author's Facebook page, the publication date has not changed.

eta: Blurb has been added. (less)

Start your review of Born to be Broken (Alpha's Claim, #2)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Alphas and omegas

Born to be broken certainly didn't disappoint.
I started this book so epically angry at shepherds previous actions: in a word the idiotic gullible fool obviously doesn't realise when he's being played.
Just shows how absorbing and expertly written this book is that I could continue reading and still rate it so high as I did when this sort of behaviour is usually a complete no-no for me.
I like my anti-hero's to be loyal to a fault: even when they're at there most wicked.
So this
Indelicate Reviews by DD
WTH?!

That was my final thought as I read the last pages. WTH?!

Claire is in a deep dark despair. She takes a risk to fight against Shepard and his followers knowing it would target her for death. Death is the one thing she longs for and it can not come soon enough. Her rape, capture, and heart break have given her no reason to live. Only the threat of the last ones she loves keeps her moving. Makes her concede to being a prisoner yet again.

Completely blind is how I would describe Shepherd.
Deborah
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it

3.5 to 4*

After the cliffhanger ending on the previous book I was so glad I’d waited until these were all out and I could move straight onto this one.

That said I have to be honest and say I didn’t enjoy this one as much as the last one mainly because for most of this book Shepherd and Claire are apart.

I was fully with Claire for the first part of this book, she’s been destroyed by what happened but she’s pulled herself together enough to do what she believes in.

This wore thin after a while and
~Merrideth Hawk ~Filthy Fahrenheit Book Blog~

"You are also foolish enough to think you must bear the burden of others' sins… That is your true flaw. The psychological trauma you are causing yourself is both immature and pointless. It does nothing to change the scenario. And though I am honored you would consider the thought of my redemption as worthy, it is your own peace you need to focus on now. Self-pity and playing the martyr help no one." ~Shepherd

There is a good reason this series comes with a warning in the book description. Oh
Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀
5 Stars

Characters

Claire & Shepherd are seriously one fcked up couple. Damaged and complicated doesn't even begin to cover it.

I love how vehemently and passionately Claire fights for what she believes in. I also hate her, just a little, for plans she made with Corday (side character). Something about it just feels worse than anything Shepherd has done. Although, it is unknown at this time if those plans will come to fruition.

Shepherd is still the same sexy growling possessive alpha male
Amanda
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I only read this book to find out why Shepherd cheated. Then come to read that he cheats again in this book!
Facts:
-Beginning of book, he fucks his mistress AGAIN and "realizes" she is bad/EVIL and doesn't want her anymore. (oh goodie... now you can be a real man and stop cheating on your mate.)
- Also told his mistress that he planned on ruling with her while he keeps his mate locked up. lol Are you kidding me right now? And I'm supposed to like this guy after he still calls his mistress his
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 's

Claire has been bonded to an Alpha that she hates and all that he represents only to meet his beloved and realize that she has far surpassed her feelings of hatred. Now she is broken but she is not down.

Events get pretty political as Claire is wont to do. She knows she can't win the war but she fights her battles anyway, winning more than she realized.

Shepherd has a lot of healing to do with Claire. She's able to make him see things in a way no one else has ever been able to do. And by
Kim
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: grow-a-v
Claire's hero complex had me like

Hurry up

At first I was team Claire , she saved many lives, but then it got too much. Shepherd started to make more sense than she did, and that's saying something. Like the whole plan to kill herself.

What would she change by killing herself? The suicide thing just go on my last nerve. What would that change? ugh.

Open your eyes woman, the world is shit. She ignored everything Shepherd said, like WOMAN YOU AND HIM HAVE THE SAME GOAL. Shepherd was also hard headed. They
D.D. Prince
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing.
I was so proud of our heroine throughout this book. She impressed the fuck out of me.

Stepping into this world has been like being strapped in to a tilt-a-whirl ride that takes you into a world beneath a bleak and dreary hungry place rife with pain, down through dirt and decay, into absolute filth and .... beyond. And you're tilting and whirling and you can't get un-strapped because the author won't release her grip on you until the tale is told.
Forget work and housework and sleep and
Melanie A.
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 emotional stars!!

I admit that when I started this series, I expected, at best, a dark and smutty romp, and at worst, something written just for shock value. I couldn't have been more off on both counts. I was impressed after book 1, but now I realize just how much I underestimated this author's work.

I loved this installment of Alpha's Claim. It had such an air of sadness to it. That may sound depressing but it was actually . . . poignant. Claire's anguish and quiet resolve drip off the
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark
The first half 3 stars, the second half 4 stars, overall 3.5 Stars

There’s something about this series that keeps me reading. I just want to know what is going to happen. The first half of the book was somewhat hard to get through. It was kind of boring and dragged a bit. There’s a lot of the politics that go on, but for some reason I liked it more in the second book than in the first book.

Claire is good, she is also a martyr. I have a love / hate relationship with her. I feel for her and I know
Meredith
Well, that was awesome

Love Maryanne

Svana has to go (view spoiler)
Sammy
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sammy by: if your up for some dark messed up stuff

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

"Well, I failed at playing the hero."

In a voice that was hard and assertive, Shepherd snarled, "But you didn't, and you know it. Forty-three people are alive because you had the nerve to stand up to me. You won, Claire. No single adversary has ever beaten me before. Ever. Take your victory."

Oh my god, I enjoyed this book so much more than the first one.

Mainly because:

1. We saw such a badass side of Claire. She was already feisty
Carvanz
While this one still had one particular thing I really had a hard time accepting, Shepherd’s desire to re-establish the bond with Claire becomes his focus. I loved watching him learn to compromise with her and providing things that bring her happiness. I’m pretty sure he’s probably still going to mess it up at some point but until then I’m enjoying the grovel.

There are a lot of dark, depressing moments here and I hurt for Claire because she carries the weight of her world on her shoulders. I’m
Isa Lavinia
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Joanna Choi
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book could have been really good, but it's really essentially a chapter or outline and not a full book. My reason for saying this is because the world in which this book takes place is not developed. Any information you have about it is incidental, as opposed to being written for the sole purpose of world-building. So we have a Dome called Tholos, which is where this story takes place. But what's a Dome? Is it a planet or just one of several contained biospheres within a planet? And why doe ...more
Michelle [Helen Geek]
January 2017 -- ***CLIFFHANGER***

So, this is a 1 Star rating because it ends in a cliffhanger. But, that's not all ... a series that was supposed to end at book 3 [so you think you can read the series because it's complete], is now being extended.

I don't play that game, so at 50% through this one, I put it down and refuse to read more. I returned the book noting the reason as "other >> series incomplete"

I'm taking this author off my list and marking other books as "not interested."

You have
Elle
3* STARS!

I hate cheating! BUT... Shepherd is just... Let's find out!

description

Claire is forced to be pregnant by Shepherd. When she's finally a bit content with her state, Shepherd's Beloved made appearance. Yup, Svana is his lover threaten Claire's position as the Omega. But like any other man, Shepherd didn't aware of it. Then, Claire finally managed to escape in her broken state... lost and hopeless.

I might say this book has a lot trigger warning. I found myself disturbed by the fact that Claire tried
'Q' aka CoCo
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
After the monster of a cliffhanger in book 1, I was anxious to start Born to be Broken. Because this didn't have very much of Claire and Shepherd together, I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one, but I still tore through it in just hours. Claire finds her purpose and shows true strength in standing up for what she believes in and fighting against Shepherd... Her martyrdom gets a bit tiresome, though, and by the end, I kept thinking she should be smarter than that. Still, it was enough for me ...more
Janee
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It keeps coming

This is very interesting and dramatic series. In the first book I really didn't know what to think. Some of the scenes are steamy, but not in the usual way a sex scene is like. The future world is very dark which adds to the story
🅙𝔲𝔩𝔷
Audrey
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excited, happy and a bit upset

It isn't necessary to say how much I was waiting for this new book to come out.
The first instalment "born to be bound" was a surprise and a discovery, about this new author and this story.
I felt very touched and excited by Claire's fate and desired to changed it, but also her strong mindset and will to fight this destiny forced on her by the imposing, cruel and enthralling alpha "shepherd".
In the same time i follow what is happening to her, Claire is my champion and
Set
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
tumblr_ofbvtacM4b1s2yr14o1_500tumblr_ofxymqgzBU1v8f3fco1_1280
Shepard is a terrorist and a dictator turned psychopath from his early childhood growing up in the worst environment—a prison with a social order to kill or be killed—somehow managing to care about only one person and that being Claire. I mean he is a possessive megalomaniac despot to top it off which is a complete turn off to anyone that isn't 100% submissive, lacking character or personality of their own nature. Claire is a virtuous idealist that wants equality and freedom for all even if hers
Jacqueline J
Since this book is the second of a trilogy, I'm just going to repeat my review here since it really covers the entire series.

This one is not for the faint of heart but if you like your sci fi romance gritty, if say you enjoyed The Last Hour of Gann, you would probably like this one. The hero is not a nice guy and he treats the heroine poorly. She is not a doormat or a pushover however. I'm not going to kid you. Bad things happen. But if you don't need your sci fi romance to be all sunshine and
Courtney ~ bookishcourtney
This book was even better than the first, it completely took me by surprise the way these characters developed further. This book gives better insight into Claire and Shepherd, and a few others. Seriously this series is amazing, and are definitely worth the time and money. I cannot wait for the next book!
Mamacita Slacum
Well Damn. Moving this up to 5* being that I went into skim & ended up ReReading it and time & staying up til 2AM!
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

4 “Alpha-Omega” Stars!

The Review:
After the huge cliffy the first book leaves off on, I was anxious to start reading book two. I wasn’t disappointed either. Gritty, profound and almost dismal, but so so good! Claire was inspirational. Even when she feels she has nothing left, she’s courageous and martyr-like. I loved her in this book!

Story/Characters...
Claire is on the run. Having escaped the prison Shepherd forced her in, she’s hiding out in
Becca
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The next few months are going to be tough while waiting for the last installment of this gripping story. I thought Born to be Bound was engaging, it certainly kept my interest throughout, but Born to be Broken was impossible to put down until I reached the end. The character development is particularly strong in my opinion, as the author gradually, and deftly increases the complexity and depth of her protagonists.

The world created
Genre: sci-fi, dystopia
Cover: 3/5
Heat: 2/5
Rating: 4/5

If you're planning on reading this second instalment of the stunningly good Alpha's Claim series by Addison Cain, make sure you do it soon after the first. I left it too long and it made me struggle through the first few chapters, unsure of the intricacies of this universe—which is absolutely one of my favourite fictional universes to date.

However, once I was fully immersed
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Crave to Conquer (Myth of Omega, #1)
  • Crave to Capture (Myth of Omega, #2)
  • Crave to Claim (Myth of Omega, #3)
  • Omega's Deception (Omegas of Pandora, #1)
  • Omega's Capture (Omegas of Pandora, #2)
  • Reign to Ravage (Myth of Omega, #5)
  • Reign to Ruin (Myth of Omega, #4)
  • Reign to Rule (Myth of Omega, #6)
  • Own to Obey (Myth of Omega, #7)
  • Despair (Feral #2)
  • Own To Obtain (Myth Of Omega, #9)
  • Torment (Feral, #3)
  • Obsession (Feral, #1)
  • Omega's Binding (Omegas of Pandora #3)
  • Own to Obsess (Myth of Omega, #8)
  • Taken (Alpha, #1)
  • Broken (Omega's Destruction #1)
  • Masquerade (Alpha, #2)
Addison Cain

USA TODAY bestselling author and Amazon Top 25 bestselling author, Addison Cain is best known for her dark romances, smoldering Omegaverse, and twisted alien worlds. Her antiheroes are not always redeemable, her lead females stand fierce, and nothing is ever as it seems.

Deep and sometimes heart wrenching, her books are not for the faint of heart. But they are just right for those who

Alpha's Claim (4 books)
  • Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim, #1)
  • Reborn (Alpha's Claim, #3)
  • Stolen (Alpha’s Control, #1)
“Okay, fine! Since you don't listen to a goddamn thing I say anyway, here goes: I want a new bed in a big room with carpet instead of concrete. A room with a wall of windows that overlook a garden I planted full of flowers—which would be a miracle, as every houseplant I ever had died. I want to move without restriction through this grand house I will be nesting in, and be free to go outside and sit on grass… And I want a pony too, Shepherd. No, forget that. I want a fucking unicorn." Pulling her hair so that she had to look back at him, he scowled. "You may not have a pony, and unicorns don't exist.” 8 likes
“According to Sun Tzu, great results can be achieved with small forces… But I choose to interpret that as: pissing off a bunch of women is a really bad idea.” 4 likes