Start by marking “Junkie (Broken Doll, #1)” as Want to Read:
Junkie (Broken Doll, #1)

Junkie (Broken Doll #1)

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  1,034 Ratings  ·  207 Reviews
I'm a heroin addict. A junkie. A whore. I'll do anything to get my next fix.

Anything.

Including walking right onto the property of Austin's most ruthless and feared drug lord to beg for some H. I don't know his name, only that people call him Boss. Oh, and that he won't think twice to put a bullet in my head.

But like I said, I'll do anything to get my next fix. Even if it c
ebook, 1st Edition, 373 pages
Published September 13th 2016 by Shelbyville Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Junkie, please sign up.

Heather Leigh Thanks for answering for me! I just saw this. Just two books, back to back. <3

Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Jagger is the drug lord of Austin. People call him 'Boss Man.' He is a man to be feared and nobody fucks with him. Ever.

Therefore, when a strung out female junkie manages to get past his security team and ends up on his front lawn, his reaction to her surprises not just his staff, but himself.

"On the ground, my knees skinned, my body battered, my mind and skin squirming as if they were crawling with bugs, I covered my face with my filthy hands and sobbed. How did this become my life?"

It's very
Sophie
Sep 12, 2016 Sophie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one. Miri & the Boss were characters that grew to me and I enjoyed their chemistry and their scenes together. My objection was how the Boss seemed a softie for a drug lord, but slowly I understood the deal with him. I'm hanging from a cliff after that ending and now I definitely need to read the continuation!
Mirjam
Nov 06, 2016 Mirjam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama

She was mine. My property. My fiery temptress. My broken doll.

Miriam Murphy, aka Miri, has been living with her sort of but not really boyfriend, Mason. During the last six months Mason got her hooked on heroin providing her with limitless doses as a way to keep her indebted to him. The heroin kept me a prisoner, and Mason used me for sex on his whim whenever and however he wanted.

Did I really come to Mason’s boss’s house to beg for a hit of H? The house of the most feared and ruthless drug lo
Amanda

Junkie feels like a gray romance to me. Not exactly dark, but isn't fluffy either. I'm not sure what kind of reader will appreciate this story. As a dark romance lover, I think the author is playing too safe, the plot isn't edgy enough. If I were to switch myself into a contemporary romance lover, I think the hero is too much of a menacing ass to be swoon over.

Miri, is the junkie who stumble upon the drug lord, the Boss . I didn't get to know much about her background or why she got h
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #
** 2.5-3 “average gray romance” STARS **
'Q' aka CoCo
I'll admit, as a native Texan, this first caught my attention because it's set in Austin, and I'm always curious how we're perceived. First, I've never heard an Austinite say "howdy" unless they were being sarcastic, but I'll let that slide because all the geography references were right. I was also skeptical because I can't picture Austin having a huge heroin market as described (weed, yes, but heroin? Nah...). BUT, since I don't know much about the drug scene, I could be wrong. Now, on to the ...more
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Junkie
Plot: 4
Characters: 4
Scorching Level: 4
HEA: Not telling

I was very excited to read this book!
Miri is a drug addict desperate for her next fix. Abandonned by her good for nothing boyfriend who only uses her and uses drugs to manipulate her, she dares to step foot in Austin's most feared drug lord's house.
Boss is a man to be
Dusti Hanrahan
Feb 03, 2017 Dusti Hanrahan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
So.... the premise I loved.
The 'controlling crime Boss/drug lord falls for the fucked up junkie' works in a lot of ways, but there was something about the writing that was off.
It was crazy repetitive- drove me nuts- and I found myself skimming around 70%. I actually loved the last 15% of this more than the rest and I'm even curious how it all plays out.
AJ
Aug 30, 2016 AJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 dark and gritty stars

This is a dark and twisted story with a surprising amount of heart. With an unlikely romance that is full of passion and intensity set in the dangerous world of drug trafficking, where violence, danger and murder are an everyday part of life, this book captivated me from the very beginning, and I loved it!

Austin’s drug underworld is ruled by the ruthless man known only as ‘Boss’. He killed his predecessor to get where he is and he rules an unstable kingdom, fighting every
Di - Twisted Book Reviews
A wild ride of addiction and angst. Junkie gave me that violence I crave, the build-up I need, and the grit I love.

Miri, a drug addicted, lost soul looking for her next hit finds herself in the clutches of a ruthless drug lord. She'd do anything for her next hit. Without fear of impending repercussions she may face. Boss, the head of drug operations in TX. A violent leader. A tragic past. A way to redeem himself.

"God, I wanted to wrap her up in my arms until her pain went away. But I wasn’t co
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Holy Smokes. Just... wow. After reading this book, I went totally speechless then had a wicked book hangover. Heather C. Leigh is an amazing author and she took big risks with this book. Everything I didn't expect it to be yet hoping it would be, Junkie took me on a thrilling ride that had me on the edge of my seat and left me with chills.

Junkie was... brilliant, mad, intense, passionate, dirty, raw, gritty, and powerful. This book is one that is going to rock your world and you'll feel
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Yikes I need book two now. That was a great read. I've started a few books this week & put them down as they didn't grab my attention. If this didn't grab me I was gonna take a break. Thankfully I loved it & am looking forward to jumping into part two.

This has a great storyline. I read it in one afternoon as I really didn't want to put it down. If your a lover of dark reads then you may find this slightly dark. Having said that I totally loved it.
Aղցela W.
Spoiler Ahead This was a really good book, better than I thought it would be. Miriam "Miri" Murphy went looking for her drug dealing boyfriend Mason she needed a fix she has been living with Mason for 6 months and he got her hooked on heroin. When she ends up at Mick Jagger "Boss"Bossman's house she demands a fix. Boss doesn't know what to think of Miri she is strung out on h but he sees something in her. Boss is sexy rich and a drug lord who worked his way to the top he is also a killer who ki ...more
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Miri wasn't always a strung out junkie hooked on heroine. It just happened. Her drug dealer boyfriend goes missing. Miri goes in search of him and her drugs. The boss is a violent and notorious drug lord. Miri needs a hit maybe just a much as her next breath. She didn't count on meeting the real Boss. Boss has his own issues including an ongoing battle with OCD.

Miri and Boss’ slow budding relationship is told through alternating points of view.
Junkie
LLEP  Book Blog
Sep 04, 2016 LLEP Book Blog rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Junkie is the first book by this author that I have read but will certainly not be the last. I look forward to reading all of Heather C Leigh's books.
The junkie in this story is Miri who had been caught up in the dismal world of drugs and darkness. 'Boss' is the drug lord of the area and Miri's dealer works for him.
The two meet in unusual circumstances and what follows is fascinating and riveting reading.
Heather C Leigh certainly knows how to entertain readers with her impressive descriptions of
Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters
3.5 stars.

After reading the blurb for Junkie, I decided to give it a try. I’m usually not overly eager to dive into dark novels, but this one peeked my interest. An addict that falls in love with a drug king pin. Sign me up.

But here’s the thing…

Junkie wasn’t overly dark.

I actually had trouble imagining Boss as the boss, and even more trouble imagining him as some sort of bad ass Texan. He gave in a lot. The man made more empty threats than any drug lord should. Heads should have rolled. In my
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4 "Big Bad Softy" Stars ****

Drug addict meet Drug King!!
Book 1 in the Broken Doll Series

photo DOLL_zpsd1apuvwo.jpg

Miri is a heroine addict only looking for her next fix. When her junkie kind of sort of boyfriend goes missing, Miri becomes desperate for her next fix. Miri goes searching for anyone that she find familiar to find the little piece of heaven her body craves and at this point needs to survive. Her desperation leads her right into the hands of a dangerous man.

photo jag_zps5ingknak.jpg

Jag, aka Boss, is the King of his area. T
Monique Machuca-Austin
Author Heather C. Leigh’s JUNKIE is a dark and twisted romance surrounded by the violence of drug trafficking, but also a gut-wrenching novel that will captivate you from begging to end.

FIVE-STARS!
Miri is a heroin addict looking for her drug-dealing boyfriend or anyone who can give her a little bit of
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
Addiction - not having control over doing, taking or using something to the point where it could be harmful to you.

Becoming hooked is easy, with the centre of your universe suddenly becoming nothing more than chasing that next hit just to make you feel "normal". Miri finds herself willing to do anything just to stop the pain of withdrawal, to stop the burning need and she finds herself literally throwing herself into the open jaws of the predatory lion. Boss has taken over the city at a going ag
The Smutbrarians
Sep 18, 2016 The Smutbrarians rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: earc
Oh. My. God! This was so damn good! I blew through this book in a day!! I couldn't put it down! I was fully engrossed in the characters and had to know their fates until the end. This book..it was everything and more. The storyline isn't over done and tired, it had just enough angst, sexiness, mystery to it. Seriously drop whatever your reading and grab this heart pounding book. By the end my heart dropped to my stomach and now I HAVE TO HAVE Jagger (book 2) to know what is going to happen next! ...more
Kirsty
DNF. Not feeling this at all..
Tina
Nov 10, 2016 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!! What an ending!!! This isn't my usual read....but holy shit...what a ride that just was!! I. Can't. Even!!!
On to the next because this one left me hanging off the tip of the cliff!!!
Vicki - I Love Reading
3.5*

I'm finding this a real tough review to write, firstly I'm not sure what I can say about the story line without giving anything away, and secondly because I've really got mixed thoughts on this.
It is a very easy read, very easy to follow, and I read it in more or less a day. I enjoyed the story line, and liked the direction the book went, but in parts I felt it seemed a little repetitive.
It is a steamy read, and certainly not for the faint hearted. I enjoyed it but it didn't leave me needing
Melissa Mendoza
“I blinked and found Boss staring at me with his piercing blue eyes, that dmn crooked smirk on his handsome face. My skin blazed from being caught ogling the man’s as in his own kitchen.”

Heat Rating

photo 5 Orgasm Button_zpsm0jqyhvr.jpg

5+ Junkie stars!!! Seriously, Heather C. Leigh is a rock star and every book she writes is beyond words!!!

photo 5 Buttons.jpg_zpshyhsjgb0.jpg

Miri is a heroin junkie and she’s looking for her next fix, since her “boyfriend” has disappeared without a trace. So where does she head?? To her boyfriends boss’ house of course. HUGE MISTAKE.
BleuBelle
I finished this book barely. But I just didn't want to have another DNF book. So I powered trough, and I'm glad it's over. For ever.

This was so not what I hoped it would be. At first I was really amazed and wanted to read this book so bad, because the plot? It could've been genius and really really fantastic. A young woman, addicted to heroine, is in search of her next fix and tumbles over the BOSS. He, dangerous and feared by all, decides to keep her for himself. He's intrigued and crazy for he
Char Sowers
Wow! "Junkie" was more than I expected with just the right amount of "Drug Lord" grittiness and surprisingly fabulous romance. Heather C. Leigh hit the sweet spot perfectly. The Hero, is Boss or Jagger (Jag) head of an Austin drug ring - heroin specifically. There is more to this story and his love hate relationship with his money maker. He rose up and took over at a young age - he's in his mid twenties and he's known as a scary, ruthless, and cold blooded sonofabitch. The Heroine is Miri who we ...more
Mamma Knows Books
Holy cliff-hanger, I don’t know where to begin after finishing Junkie by Heather C. Leigh, it was A-mazing!

I have to admit that I hadn’t read any of Heather’s books prior to Junkie, but after reading the blurb I was hooked! I just HAD to read this book and I was in no way disappointed.

The story centres on Miri, who is a heroin user and desperate to find her next fix. Miri finds herself at Austin’s most feared drug lords house while in search for the drugs she so desperately needs. Boss (the fear
Book Maniac Forever
What a great start to a new series for Heather C. Leigh! From the very beginning, I was completely hooked by the story. The way it was written grabbed my attention from the first page until the last one. And now, I’m more than ever addicted!

Jag is a drug lord reigning over Austin. Miri is a junkie waiting for her next fix. They’re thrown together when she ends up at his mansion, begging for heroin and searching for her dealer “boyfriend”. She soon finds out she made a mistake when Jag decides to
Carla
Sep 02, 2016 Carla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports

**Carla's Five Star Review

Junkie is the first book in the Broken Doll series, and it is Jag and Miri's story.

When you are a heroin addict, you will do anything for your next fix. Miri is experiencing withdrawals, and she is so desperate that she shows up at Jag's house. Jag aka "Boss" runs the drug business in Austin, Texas, and he is known for being cold and ruthless. Any other time an intruder showed u
Heather C. Leigh is the author of the Amazon best selling Famous series. She likes to write about the 'dark' side of fame. The part that the public doesn't get to see, how difficult it is to live in a fishbowl and how that affects relationships.

Heather was born and raised in New England and currently lives outside Atlanta, GA with her husband, 2 kids, and French Bulldog, Shelby.

She loves the Red S
More about Heather C. Leigh...

Broken Doll (2 books)
  • Jagger (Broken Doll, #2)

“See something you like?” 0 likes
“Tell me you want this, doll. You have a choice. I want to take you, own you, make you scream you’re mine. But if you say no, I’ll leave right now.”

“I want this. I want you. But…I’m ruined, Jag.” I swallowed down my pride and held out an arm, frantically blinking back tears.
Jag’s eyes widened for a brief moment before my words sunk in. He skimmed a calloused finger down the sensitive skin of my inner arm, over the multiple track marks and puckered, fading scars.
“They made you who you are, Miri. From your weakness, your addiction, you will prove that you can come out of it and rise up, becoming a better, strong version of yourself. You’re stunning. You’re perfect. We all have our flaws and imperfections.”
0 likes