Start by marking “Lady Killer, Vol. 2 (Lady Killer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lady Killer, Vol. 2 (Lady Killer, #2)

Lady Killer, Vol. 2

(Lady Killer (Collected Editions) #2)

Future collected edition of LADY KILLER 2

The killer housewife is back! The Schuller family has moved to Cocoa Beach, Florida, where life carries on as usual. Josie continues to juggle Tupperware parties, her kids, and a few human heads. However, when someone from her past tails her on a hit, she may be in for more than she bargained for.

“Lady Killer is worth its weight in
160 pages
Published May 9th 2017 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Lady Killer, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Killer, Vol. 2

Joe Valdez
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
I'm still in love with Lady Killer.

Volume 2 of this Dark Horse comic book--story and art by Joëlle Jones, colors by Michelle Madsen--launched in September 2016 and issues #1-5 are bound here, with a sketchbook of designs as a bonus. I still haven't succumbed to the vice of comic books and instead prefer one purchase to equal one story, but this smart volume does offer that, and sure is fun to flirt with. Cheeky without tipping into silliness, bloody without bordering on repellent, the story is w
HFK
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paidkindle, graphics
And the deadly housewife is back.

Our lovely hitwoman is trying to tackle independent hits and domestic life in this second collection of Lady Killer. It is not going too good for her. Her mother-in-law is giving her trouble, her housewife abilities come handy after the tactical kills, but it is still a messy and complicated task to get rid of a bloody and hammered body.

Luckily, or unluckily, there is a friend from the past offering a helping hand.

I have to say that there has been too long break
Sam Quixote
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-comics-2017
Josie Schuller is the ultimate domestic goddess: loving wife, doting mother – brutal assassin?! While she outwardly plays the idealised 1960s housewife, she’s secretly carrying out contract hits. If only disposal of the bodies wasn’t such a pain! Handily, a blast from her past reappears to offer his services. But Josie’s about to learn that being a small business manager has its pitfalls particularly when her sole employee doesn’t take being let go very well…

Bravo, Joelle Jones – Lady Killer 2 i
David Schaafsma
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gn-women, gn-crime
"There are seven rules for going into business for yourself: One: Trust your instincts. Two: Success is a series of small steps. Start with what you have and build what you need. Three: Always be prepared. Four: Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty once in a while. Five: Perseverance is the key. The price of success if hard work. Six: Have the right tools for the job. Seven: Learn from your mistakes."

Throughout this hilariously macabre send up of the fifties or early sixties are these self-he
Chad
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss, 2018
Mad Men if one of the wives was secretly an assassin. Josie and her family have moved to Florida for her husband's new job. She's trying to restart her hitman business which is currently a bit low-rent. She's also having a problem disposing of the bodies. Enter an old friend who may be more trouble than he's worth.

The book looks absolutely gorgeous. Joelle Jones does such a fantastic job of marrying the typical 60's housewife with these bloody, graphic murder action sequences. The opening tupper
Artemy
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, dark-horse
I guess this is not the case of the comic being bad, just it being entirely not my thing. Contract killers and ultra-violence in the real world setting is something that disturbs my depressed brain deeply, so I get little enjoyment from a story like this, and I should have known better than to pick up the second part after reading the first one. Joelle Jones is an immensely talented writer and artist, and I will read whatever else she comes up with (so looking forward to Catwoman!), but Lady Kil ...more
Gabrielle
Josie is back!!

My favorite assassin for hire who always looks flawless has relocated to Florida after the Seattle "incident" and the entire Schueller family is settling into their new routine. Gene has a new job with a very unpleasant boss, and Josie is now an independent contractor. Of course this means she now has to also handle some of the less pleasant sides of her work, like cleaning up, but she is determined to make it work! It's all rather swell until an old friend shows up with a busines
Devann
Another really fun volume [is that the right word to use for a story about an assassin housewife? lol]. Once again I absolutely adore the artwork and overall the story is entertaining and well-paced. There were definitely a few twists here that i was not expecting and I'm really interested to see how the next volume goes after what happened at the end.
Chelsea
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned

I really love this series! The tone, the art, the writing! It's all so wonderful! I just really want AMC to grab the people that made Mad Men and turn it into a television show! I know it would be an instant hit!

So, this picks up a little ways after the end of volume one. Josie and the family have moved to Florida for her husband's new job. Mother Schueller is still not Josie's biggest fan but she's keeping the secret. Josie's running things on her own now and it's a little rough at the
Dan
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this but would have gotten more if I had read first volume. dunno why the library gets volume 2 but no 1.
Krista Regester
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Josie is BACK and better than ever. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this graphic series - I just want them to come out more quickly!!
The Library Ladies
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
(originally reviewed at thelibraryladies.com )

Given that I enjoyed the first volume of “Lady Killer” by Joëlle Jones, it was a long and difficult wait for “Volume 2” to finally come out. Assassin Housewife Josie Schuller was a character that went above and beyond my expectations in the initial tale, an archetype that could have easily fallen into sex kitten kitsch lie so many other ‘badass’ women before her (Harley Quinn, anyone?). But the strength of her character lies within her complexity, a
Lauren
Talk about bloody, gruesome and brutal. This second volume is a lot more graphic than its predecessor but the storyline and artwork are superb!

The second volume is a strong sequel with some incredibly tense moments...and what an ending! Definitely on board for volume 3. Brilliant!

Kelly
Some of my favorite art and one of my favorite comic arcs. I've got to impatiently wait for the third volume now.

If I had an aesthetic, it'd be Lady Killer: vintage, chic, and also without fear of getting dirty as hell to get the job done. Maybe less murderous, but you never know.
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

Well I'll be. I did NOT see that coming.

The last volume had a great premise, but the ending didn't make me think this volume had much legs. I wasn't expecting much from volume 2, but damn, Jones did it. She found out how to continue the series.

This is a great example of a series you may skip over because of a lackluster volume 1, but volume 2 is much stronger.

I'm interested in where the story goes from here.
Roy
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this alot. Has a Brubaker feel to it in style. Josie moves down south to set up her own assassin business and then things develop from here. Old characters appear, new people return and we get some back story on certain areas. Great artwork and colours, I honestly think this makes the novel. Highly recommended!!
Bookishrealm
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good installment!! I absolutely loved it. I hope that she continues this story because it's an amazing concept with fun and interesting characters and a plot line that's to die for (haha did you see what I did there :D ). Anyway, if you haven't picked up this series yet I would definitely recommend it. I haven't seen a lot of people read this series and I think this is the year that I am going to push this series. Seriously! If you haven't read it it's time to pick it up.
Václav
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, digital
As concluded from the previous book, Josie is now free and deciding to "go solo". But everything comes with a price and being on your own brings a hardship. The second book of Ladykiller is a bit darker, rougher and there is more drama - thanks to that it seems a little bit better than previous one, but the premise and the storytelling are the same. The end is nice, and if I add experience from the first book, I must say I really enjoyed this comics story about Josie, the housewife assassin.
Nay Keppler
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lady Killer is my FAVORITE graphic novel series ever. Josie is MY GIRL!!!! Everyone should read this! It's a trip and a half!
Zedsdead
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Josie goes into business for herself and learns that cleaning up is actually the hard part. Irving charms his way into a partnership with a hesitant Josie: she does the killing, he handles the disposal. She gets to stick with what she's best at and he gets a way to keep busy during his golden years. Except she can't get him to stop dropping in on her family...

Volume 2 zooms along just as fast as did v1...a bit too fast, honestly. It feels like non-stop battle scenes and contract killings (but ne
Suvi
Great news: I have a bunch of comics lined up that I'm really looking forward to reading, so I'll be flooding your feeds with them for the next few days. Having finally finished my Master's Thesis, I don't think my brain capacity can deal with long reviews yet, but I'll say a few words about some of these. This is the perfect timing to devour something light.

And yeah, Lady Killer is light entertainment to me. Our lovely industrious lady has moved to a warmer climate with her family, and now face
Aron
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Wow, this was awesome! I read Vol. 1 a while back and I thought it was fairly good, but this second volume was on another level. As it was in the first volume the artwork is really phenomenal, I can only think of one or two artists that I like better than Joelle Jones. In the first volume I though her artwork really outshined her writing, but that's not the case at all in this volume, her writing is great and the overall story is excellent and it's hard to out down. This series really has it hoo ...more
Craig
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, this has some excellent artwork by Jones. The level of detail is amazing. The story could use a bit more work/development to really come alive. The volume ends on something of a cliffhanger, so hopefully there will be a third volume coming at some point?
Rj Veit
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Way more of what I wanted from volume 1.
Mila
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
The story kind of lost its sense of novelty in this volume and I didn't care that much about Josie anymore.
Offbalance
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even bloodier, more vicious and harder to put down than its predecessor. I was surprised it went there with a few twists and turns, but it is intriguing to speculate where from here.
Ksenia
Mar 09, 2018 added it
Great story, and amazing artwork! Need more, especially after that ending!
Cassie-la
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2017/11/19/...

Professional assassin/Tupperware saleswoman Josie is back and bloodier than ever. With her nuclear family now living in sunny, Cocoa Beach, Florida, Josie is struggling with the challenges of being a freelance murderer, all while trying to keep the literal skeletons in her closet hidden from her unsuspecting husband. What could go right?
Jessi
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume was killer! It was so much more violent and bloody than the first volume. I really love our main character Josie. She’s even more complex and strong than I originally thought. She still manages to protect and care for her family while running her independent hitman business. And the direction of this comic is taking has me like 🙌🏻 SO good!! Just like the first volume, the art and coloring are beautiful. I can’t get enough. Let’s hope Vol 3 doesn’t keep me waiting so long...
Myra
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love love love!!! I have been waiting a long time for the 2nd volume and it didn't disappoint. This is all I want in a comic.. beautiful, dramatic and stylish artwork combined with an exciting story full of enigmatic characters.
Josie is such a great character and something about her just jumps of the page. She feels real to me, dangerous and yet full of heartbreak and a longing to make her complicated assassin/housewife lifestyle work - and who can't relate to that!

• Velvet, Vol. 2: The Secret Lives of Dead Men (Velvet, #2)
  • Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, Volume 1: Who Is Oracle?
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 2
  • House of Mystery, Volume 4: The Beauty of Decay
  • Batgirl, Vol. 4: Wanted
  • Bandette, Volume 3: The House of the Green Mask
  • Kill My Mother
  • Sex Criminals, Vol. 4: Fourgy!
  • Bitch Planet #4
Joëlle Jones is an Eisner nominated artist currently living and working in Los Angeles, CA.

Since attending PNCA in Portland, OR, she has contributed to a wide range of projects and has most recently has worked on Batman for DC comics. She also wrote and drew the series, Lady Killer, published by Dark Horse comics.

Jones has also provided the art for fashion designer Prada, and various projects fo

Lady Killer (Collected Editions) (2 books)
  • Lady Killer, Vol. 1 (Lady Killer, #1)