Start by marking “Madeline House (The Oregon Coast Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Madeline House (The Oregon Coast Series #3)

Madeline House

(The Oregon Coast series #3)

When Beth Carson flees her controlling husband, a Sydney surgeon, and travels to Florence, Oregon, she is unsure what her future holds. Although her only knowledge of Florence comes from a few postcards found in her late mother’s effects, she immediately feels at home there and begins to put down roots.
But Beth’s past returns to haunt her in ways she could never have imagi
Published July 18th 2016 by Cala Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Madeline House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madeline House

Start your review of Madeline House (The Oregon Coast Series #3)
Brenda
Beth Carson had no idea where she would end up when she left Sydney in such a rush; escaping the husband who had dominated her life for too long. But as she travelled up the coast of the US toward Florence in Oregon, she knew she’d need to settle somewhere soon. Her arrival in the small town of Florence somehow felt right – she had never been there but the postcards Beth had found in her mother’s effects after she passed had her wanting to find answers.

Quietly and without fanfare, Beth slowly be
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
Madeline House marks the third novel in Australian author Maggie Christensen’s Oregon Coast Series. This is my first turn at the works of Maggie Christensen and Madeline House is a book that easily reads as a stand-alone novel. Established fans of the series will find much comfort in the return of familiar characters from the previous two novels. New readers, such as myself, will take away much enjoyment from this book. It had me wanting to delve into more witting from this author once I finishe ...more
Janine
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beth has left her home in Sydney and her husband. She is tired of being his "Trophy Wife" and has hidden the emotional abuse she has been the victim of for years. After losing her mother, Beth receives a small legacy and finds some postcards of a small town in Oregon, USA. She takes advantage of this opportunity and escapes to try to discover why her mother was in possession of these cards.

On arrival in Florence, she is scared and emotionally spent, but wants a new start in life. She finds The R
Julie Cobham
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I recently enjoyed the third book in Maggie Christensen's Oregon Coast trilogy, Madeline House.
It reintroduces some characters from the former books but concentrates on Beth Carson who runs away from her former Sydney socialite identity, Elizabeth Flynn. Why she left, how she resettles in Oregon, whys she stays and the mystery of how her mother ended up with some postcards of somewhere she'd never been, make for an entertaining read.
Beth's personal growth is interesting to follow. I found the c
Mary Monks
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.
It is the second of Maggie's books that I have read, and I have enjoyed both.
Beth, the main character, leaves Australia to escape an abusive marriage. She goes to Florence, Oregon in the USA after finding postcards of the place in her deceased mother's belongings.
She may have physically left her husband, but his actions can still reach her and she is in for a couple of momentous shocks!
The people she meets in her new home are very friendly and their friendships help
Mommysmoose
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Maggie's that I've read and I found myself thoroughly enjoying it. The book is about an older woman who is in an emotionally abusive relationship. When her mother passes she finally has the means to flee Australia and start a new life for herself on her own terms. Making friends, and a new life she finds the peace that she's always wanted. But, the past comes crashing back she finds help where she least expects it. I loved the storyline the characters and the suspense. ...more
Tony Harrington
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
MADELINE HOUSE by Maggie Chritensen

Once again I throughly enjoyed this third book in the Oregon. series. I read it while in vacanza in the other Florence. It was good to escape the heat and the madding crowd of the Italian summer and enter the quiet village of Florence with old friends from the previous two novels. Maggie's style of writing is so engaging you feel you are almost part of the circle of friends who are the characters in the book. Great job Maggie. Love your work.
Glennis Browne
Especially for women who enjoy a light story

Maggie writes clearly, and simply. Without excessive descriptions. Her main characters were likeable, and storyline kept moving nicely towards its ending.
Janine
Dec 03, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a nice read but something about the characters didn't quite gel for me.
Cynthia Wagner
Jul 06, 2018
Sandy Evans
Sep 19, 2018

• Something in the Wine
  • The Cedar Tree (Tullagulla Book 1)
  • Charlie's Will (Barrington Book 1)
  • The Waratah Inn
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • The Nantucket Inn (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove #1)
  • If I Never Met You
  • In a Field of Blue
  • Seabreeze Inn (Summer Beach #1)
  • Kick the Dust
  • A Place to Stay (Rangelands Series #1)
  • Seabreeze Summer (Summer Beach #2)
  • Seabreeze Sunset (Summer Beach #3)
  • A Daughter's Journey (Birch End #1)
  • Turn Left for Home (Home to Lark Creek #3)
  • A Widow's Courage (Birch End #2)
  • Breaking The Ice (Providence University Book 1)
  • One Hundred Decisions (An Aspen Cove Small Town Romance Book 13)
After a career in education, Maggie Christensen began writing contemporary women’s fiction portraying mature women facing life-changing situations. Her travels inspire her writing, be it her frequent visits to family in Oregon, USA or her home on Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast. Maggie writes of mature heroines coming to terms with changes in their lives and the heroes worthy of them.
From he

The Oregon Coast series (3 books)
  • The Sand Dollar (The Oregon Coast Series Book 1)
  • The Dreamcatcher (The Oregon Coast series #2)

News & Interviews