Start by marking “Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook

Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook

Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook is packed with all the classics you need for the big day and beyond, as well as loads of delicious recipes for edible gifts, party food, and new ways to love those leftovers.

It's everything you need for the best Christmas ever.

Inside you'll find all the classics as well as tasty alternatives, including: salmon pate, apple and squash soup;
Published October 20th 2016 by Michael Joseph

The New Basics Cookbook by Julee RossoThe Joy of Cooking by Irma S. RombauerMary Berry's Baking Bible by Mary BerryThe Compleat I Hate to Cook Book by Peg BrackenMary Berry's Complete Cookbook by Mary Berry
Cook Books
339 books — 119 voters
The Joy of Cooking by Irma S. RombauerMastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia ChildHow to Cook Everything by Mark BittmanBetter Homes and Gardens New Cook Book by Better Homes and GardensThe New Best Recipe by Cook's Illustrated Magazine
Best Cookbooks
1,219 books — 1,101 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook
PorshaJo
I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver. He's really down to earth and has a bit of charm. I started watching him many, many years ago with his first TV show on the BBC - The Naked Chef. I really liked him and have since watched many of his shows and checked out many of his cookbooks. I thought this one is fitting for the time of year. It's a huge book, with lots of different types of recipes. Crazy recipes (well, to me...such as turkey sloppy joes), traditional British recipes (yorkshire puddings, ...more
Belinda
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,25 stars - review follows later-
Little sneak peak, my guests loved it!
Kori
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Very vibrant with tons of pictures and lots of enthusiasm. Only downside (as with his other books) is this man loves expensive and hard to find ingredients. But of course he has other books with more frugal menus.. but still a few tricky ads-ins. And you can't really be a beginner chef for this one. Some recipes don't have step by step instructions so a lot is assumed that you know what you're doing.
Sophie Crane
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, cooking
Great book, lovely recipes which are not difficult to make. This is a book which not only looks at Christmas day recipes but recipes for the whole of December. My only negative suggestion about the book, I had hoped for a spectacular Christmas Cake recipe. As Jamie is not a fan of CC, his recipe in this book leaves a lot to be desired. Great ideas and very nicely presented. Recommended.
Helen Gray
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Borrowed from library and have already ordered it to keep. I can see me using recipes after Christmas and the vegetarian food looks delicious (which is very rare for Christmas food). The roasting meat guide in the back is worth getting it alone (and the drinks too!). Jamie does it again, a knockout.
Cheryl Kaye
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really like Jamie Oliver's Christmas cooking programmes, and watch the repeats on Food Network, so as soon as I saw this I knew I had to buy it. I did. It is filled with lots of great recipes, foodie gift ideas, and your starter kit to the "perfect" Christmas. Plus an amazing Hot Chocolate recipe.
Kris
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really appreciate the way that Jamie is respectful to traditional English holiday cooking. So he does many traditional Christmas dishes but also throws in a more modern one which is OK. The fact that he appreciates the old will always compensate for any newfangled recipe.
Sarah u
I absolutely love Jamie Oliver's Christmas cooking programmes, and watch repeats every year on Food Network. Every year I said to my husband that I wish Jamie Oliver would release a Christmas cookbook, so naturally as soon as I saw this on Amazon I preordered it in a flash.

I'm not disappointed. This book is wonderful, filled with all the tv recipes and more. There's so much to love here- meat, cakes, potatoes, what to do with leftovers, that gravy he makes with Jools and the baby, the ice cream
poiboy
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is pretty much what you would expect from Jamie Oliver. Some great recipes in here that I hadn't seen since my childhood. Accessible and not hard for the casual cook to achieve.
Diana
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to find out that I won a signed copy (eeeeeeee!!!!!) of Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook in a Goodreads giveaway! Jamie's been on the food scene for a long time, but, honestly, I am not particularly a "foodie" so my introduction to him was on Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I loved it, and liked his style, so I'm definitely a fan.

I love this book. Visually, it is beautiful. The photos are amazing and festive and there are so many recipes I want to try. I'll probably start with
Melinda Dancy
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won this book on goodreads and it's a signed copy as well...oh the recipes just look delicious !!!!
I cant wait to try them.. there are many items that I haven't heard of but I will try them and my mom also it's a Christmas gift for her she loves cookbooks and watching Jamie Oliver on t.v.. this will be a plus for her.
Thanks Good Reads .... Melinda
Norma
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
".Baked bread sauce, and more."
I have enjoyed Jamie Oliver's T.V. Programs since first he rode his scooter onto the screen in the Naked Chef, and bought the cookbooks, too. Whilst fun to read, these latter have always been a disappointment as far as the recipes are concerned. Now, with this Christmas book, he has provided good, basic instructions which produce the great tastes expected, inc!using veggie and vegan alternatives.
Not I spirational, but a good working cookbook with fine
June Jacobs
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a beautifully-photographed cookbook written in a warm, friendly tone by the author.

He covers everything from appetizers to vegan dishes to delectable desserts in this volume. Another nice feature is the section on food gifts to make and give to others.

Recommended for people who love to cook and bake and eat good food!

{Note: There are a few swear words sprinkled throughout the narrative. Just so you know . . . }

-----------------

Borrowed from the New Book shelf at the local public
Suzanne
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I tried a few things starting with the bacon wrapped appetizer recipes. The first time by the time the bacon crisped, the cheese component was totally melted out. The second time I lightly pre cooked the bacon before wrapping, but he the cheese still melted out, though the bacon crisped in the allotted time. I generally like Jamie's taste combos, but I pect the recipes to be tested. Is he putting out too many books? The apple pie is marvellous. I froze it unbaked. Just double the baking time.
Morgan
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Review may change once I try a few of the recipes*

This cookbook is a work of art full of vibrant pictures and beautifully laid out dishes. I like how each page has a corresponding picture next to the recipe. I like to see what I’ll be cooking.

The only thing I’m worried about is finding some of the ingredients but other than that I love how large and thick the book is and the wide ranges of recipes. I especially can’t wait to make the Amalfi cake.

* I won this in a Goodreads giveaway all
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I meant to read this about a month ago, and I’m definitely checking it out again next thanksgiving. From roasts to leftovers to gifts, Oliver makes it less intimidating and somehow fun. With full nutrition info. And tons of family pics that will put you right into the holiday spirit.

You’ve got to check this out for holiday inspiration. Oliver and his team are probably my favorite cookbook authors, and they don’t disappoint here.
Penny
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-and-drink
Probably far too basic and simple for those of us who have been preparing and cooking a traditional Christmas meal for longer than we care to remember. But beautifully produced and I did make a note of a few of the more unusual recipes to try out.
Could do without the endless photos of Jamie and his family to be honest.
At least the font is clear and minus the ridiculous curling Gothic script font that some cookery books seem to have adopted recently.
Lisa
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A LOT of tasty sounding recipes. Many if not all had butter and oil in them. Many had coriander seeds, cumin, and chili powder, so they'll have a bit of kick. I only noticed the prevalence, because of household allergies. Nothing that can't be adjusted. There were a lot more recipes than I expected and a good number of them interested several family members, so we'll be trying them out. Beautiful photos of the item alongside each recipe. Looking forward to stretching my cooking skills.
Lisa
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did not love this, did not hate it, it's just not my kind of Christmas. It seemed like he was competing with himself on how fancy he could get. This book is not for the Normal Chef. This book seems to be written for someone who has been to cooking school and has many advanced techniques. Would never buy this myself and I would never attempt to make anything from this.
Penny
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking, christimas
There is a huge variety of recipes in this book. Lots of meat but a whole section for vegetarians and vegans too. Many recipes can be made year round. It really covers the traditional English Christmas dinner but much more as well. A perfect gift for the foodie in your life.
Kathleen
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed Jamie Oliver since his Naked Chef days... this holiday extravaganza collection has some gems. Worth paging through to get ideas - lots of more original leftover recipes, always appreciated. And his Best Roasted Potatoes - they ARE.
Rosie
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Goodreads Giveaway winner. Beautiful book. Pictures for all recipes which is always appreciated. Recipes that will become holiday favorites yet lots that will be incorporated into menus all year round. Love the inventive tweaks that were made to classic recipes.
Ambur Taft
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Beautiful.
I would eat all the things, all year round.
Lovely bright pictures and awesome recipes for entertaining, and just for feeding the soul.
I’m a big fan of every ornament strewn throughout the book as well!
It’s a must own, or check out from the library every November/December.
Lynda
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
An inviting holiday cookbook with detailed, precise instructions accompanied by large, color photographs.
Darlene Hammond
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great pictures and excellent recipes for this special occasion; several perhaps too time-consuming for the average cook.
Chris
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Some weird looking recipes (roasted celeriac, for example) and some very tasty looking recipes!
Awjtf
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Lots of festive recipes!
Lynn
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bread pudding using panettone is our new go to dessert
Smashed potatoes are perfect
Everything we’ve made so far is perfect or close to it
Bookish
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookery
Jamie Oliver's charm sparkles on every page. There is a good range of recipes, including appetizers, sides, mains, desserts, and cocktails.
Krista D.
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I got this book at Christmas and I've made 1/2 the recipes in it already. I absolutely love it. The potatoes section is especially fun.

• Deliciously Ella Every Day: Simple recipes and fantastic food for a healthy way of life
  • Ottolenghi SIMPLE
  • BOSH!: The Cookbook: Simple Recipes. Amazing Food. All Plants.
  • Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
  • Miguel Barclay's FAST  FRESH One Pound Meals
  • The Hairy Dieters Eat For Life Book 2
  • Sirocco
  • The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners
  • Miguel Barclay's Super Easy One Pound Meals
  • The Hairy Bikers' British Classics: Over 100 recipes celebrating timeless cooking and the nation’s favourite dishes
  • Polska: New Polish Cooking
  • Lean in 15: The Fat Loss Plan
  • Season of the Witch (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #1)
  • Is it Really Nearly Christmas?
  • Comfort in an Instant: 75 Comfort Food Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot(r) a Cookbook
  • A Soup for Every Day (New Covent Garden Soup Company)
  • The Smeds and the Smoos
  • Ten Little Superheroes

James Trevor "Jamie" Oliver, sometimes known as The Naked Chef, is an English chef and media personality well known for his growing list of food-focused television shows, his more recent roles in campaigning against the use of processed foods in national schools, and his