Start by marking “To Trust a Wolf (Unnatural Alliances #1)” as Want to Read:
To Trust a Wolf (Unnatural Alliances #1)

To Trust a Wolf

(Unnatural Alliances #1)

A list of things Helen Jurist never expected to see in her museum:

1. Viking relics
2. A dangerously seductive Dane with a suspicious interest in Viking relics
3. Werewolves

With the discovery of the Cutler Hoard, Helen may be forced to strike the word “never” from her vocabulary.
Published June 3rd 2016 by Caldwell Publishing

To ask other readers questions about To Trust a Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Trust a Wolf

Start your review of To Trust a Wolf (Unnatural Alliances #1)
Vicki
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-paranormal
When I was offered this book to read for an honest review by the author, I had no clue thatI would enjoy it as much as I did. When I came to the end, I was disappointed. I wanted more. This was probably my first shifter romance and I was a little surprised that I liked it as much as I did. It pulled me in from the beginning with the relics in the basement of the museum, I love a good relic story and a museum with a rare Viking discovery, oh yes, I was hooked. Then we met Rune. Well, he was ...more
Dianne
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Between her “lady” and shoe problems, Helen makes for a truly delightful heroine, real, flawed and working at a job that, until now had potential, but never quite reached it. The museum Helen works at is now home to a famous relic collection from ancient Vikings. When she is asked to break protocol and show the collection to a private investor, she had no idea that meeting the hot, arrogant and sexy Rune would turn her world and her heart on its heels…or that there is more to the relics than ...more
Beth
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Helen is works at a smaller museum that was recently granted a marvelous hidden Viking treasure that has spark tons of interest. So much interest that her fund-raising party might be over shadowed by the Viking collection.

Helen’s boss asks her to show the collection to a private investor, Rune. Rune is everything she’s ever dreamed and in a man and so much more…you might say that its animal magnetism.

Helen realizes something isn’t right with everyone’s obsession with the Viking collection but
Caroline Greyling
Jul 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
Helen Jurist is an archivist and her small museum has made the public spotlight with the discovery and presentation of an ancient Viking hoard. The artifacts have drawn benefactors as well as some less savory characters to the museum. One donor manages to secure a private advance viewing of the hoard. Rune is devilishly handsome and dangerously secretive. When the museum is broken into, Helen can’t help but suspect the mysterious new benefactor. She soon discovers there’s much more to him than ...more
Wopsywoobookblog
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all my thanks go to Caldwell Publishing for recommending this series to me. I haven't read a lot of PNR of late and so was pleased to pick it up.

Secondly, what a great first book in the series. I do like PNR, in fact I love it, but as far as shifter books go I'm more of a vampire girl. However I do love the wolf. Going in with some trepidation, (I'm always this way with new series) it is a slow build-up, you've got the down in a funk archivist of a museum taking each boring day after
Aly
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have not read anything else by this author is was my first book by Danielle. I thought the books even thought it was short was very detailed and a book that kept me reading more. I don't read that many romance books but this had a bit of supernatural and other things I do read more to draw me in. I can't wait to read what happens in the next book. * I received this book from the author and this is my honest review*
Samantha MacLeod
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this book is fun!

I'm not much of an expert in werewolf romance (more's the pity, really) but this story sucked me in from the first mention of ancient Norse treasure.

Helen Jurist works a minimally satisfying job at a small museum. When the book opens, her museum has just received a new excavation of ancient Norse artifacts, and she's in charge of organizing the annual fund-raiser gala where the artifacts will be displayed to a crowd of (hopefully) generous donors.

When a handsome, mysterious
MsChris1161
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed
Intriguing fast-paced story. TO TRUST A WOLF is my first by Danielle Hardgrave. The author did a great job of sparking my interest right from the beginning with a hint of mystery and then keeping me guessing to the very end. The museum where Helen Jurist works has been given the responsibility for a rare collection of Viking treasures named the Cutler Hoard. Rune Helsen, a seductive Dane manages a private viewing before the museum is ready to display the artifacts for the public. He captures ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
This is definitely a quick read. I love short stories. I loved the story line, the characters and the writing. The format of the story was what had me; it leads up to a lot of character building and suspense, only to end rather abruptly. For the time it took to read this, it was still worth the read. It was entertaining.

Overall, To Trust a Wolf is a good 3 Boundless Stars book.

Denise
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'To Trust a Wolf' was a fast paced, whirlwind, quick read. The storyline was well written and well thought out. The way it played out was full of action, questionable and unbelievable beings and some hot and steamy moments. Hot hot hot. Whew. Helen is a great lead. She tries so hard to stay professional, but I can relate when you're faced with a sexy stranger that turns you to jelly. Rune is a hot as hell shifter. Of course he's sexy as all get out. After all, he's a wolf. I look forward to ...more
Sheila Schwartz
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow if this is a taste of things to come I definitely can't wait! Short but full of suspense, action and already a romance that is hot and intense! Looking so forward to reading book 2 and once again being immersed into a world of wonder!
Sherry Westendorf
She works at a little museum who comes into a lot of viking stuff. Then enters an alpha very hot and sexy male who gets a private show. Add in break ins and so on and it get intriguing. A very good start to a series. Lots of humor, excitement, hot, mysterious things. I highly recommend it. I was given a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Patti Jean
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

What an incredible start to this series. I was unsure of a couple of the characters but I think that was the author's goal. To keep you guessing until the end. Loved it. You'll find a longer review on my website. I hate typing on my kindle lol. On to book 2....
Lora
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book from this author. This book was a very quick read for me. It never ceases to amaze me how much detail she gets in her short books. I thought that Rune and Helen's story was good and I like the werewolf history angle as well because it is different and highly entertaining. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

To Trust A Wolf is the first story in a new series, so I expected some world building. The lore for this series is particularly interesting as it involves a newly discovered Viking Hoard – and one particular piece in that discovery that is the center of both this story and the ongoing thread to tie future stories.. Don’t be fooled by the size of this novella, it certainly packs an impressive reading punch of a story line.

Helen has no interest in or knowledge of Vikings,
Book Binge
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Helen works at a museum as an archivist and is deep into getting the museum’s Annual Donor Gala off the ground. It’s just around the corner but the museum takes on a collection that’s very large and appears to be a Viking hoard – found in Vermont of all places. When her boss interrupts her day to tell her that she needs to play tour guide to a donor who wants to see the hoard she’s a bit peeved to say the least.

Rune Helsen is the only good thing about the tour that Helen enjoys. He’s a bit odd
O. D. Book Reviews
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Description: Helen is an archivist for a museum and is planning a fundraising gala featuring a collection of Viking relics that have recently been discovered in an unusual location. These relics attract the attention of a mysterious and wealthy man, Rune, who shows as much interest in Helen as the artifacts. When things go wrong at the gala Helen is caught in the middle of a supernatural battle, unsure of who she can trust.

In Short: This is a fun, quick read that is perfect for when you need a
Aldii - perfectioninbooks
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
*I was given a copy of this book in exchange of a honest review*

As I stated before I will give my honest opinion. From time to time I just need a rest and decide to read some NA/Adult, or Romance or Fantasy Urban, I love them and they are fresh air for me. I needed that read. That easy, fun, sexy read with romance and this one happens to have Urban Fantasy too.

The Writing:
The writing was okay. This is a short, easy and fast read.

The Story:
I can't say this is really original. It has as always the
Tru P
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the luxury of reading To Trust a Wolf by Danielle Hardgrave in an ARC in exchanged for a honest review. I am giving this book 5 stars because this was different the way the two main characters met was very interesting. I also loved how she combined all these different paranormal's together. The author created a story that also added vikings that were a big connection to what was going on in the fight between Vampires and Wolfs. I fell in love with Helen and Rune story because even though ...more
TDCbookreviews
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Helen may work in a museum, but it's not as glamorous as it sounds. With the big, annual Gala coming up, she is stressed to the max with the planning of it. When the museum gets chosen to host a unique and newly found collection of Viking antiques, it adds more stress to her plate to have it somewhat ready to be added to the gala. Not to mention trying to conceal it from the public until her boss gives the green light that it's ready to be shown.

2 days before the Gala, her boss informs her she
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
For more reviews, check out my website: www.thereadingcat.weebly.com

I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for for an honest review. Thank you Danielle Hardgrave!

I was approached by Danielle to review one of her books and I was instantly intrigued. I don't often have authors asking me to review their books, and I was not disappointed with what I read. Holly hell woman, I wish this book was longer! I really wish I could start the second right now. It had everything I love;
Elle
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a fun little addicting book. It being a novella it was undoubtedly short but itleft me wanting more. Paranormal romance isn't usually one of my first choices but I was pleasantly surprised by Ms. Hardgrave's plot and writing style, leaving me wanting more of the story.

Helen Jurist is a museum archivist. She is shoved into a situation with Rune Helsen and is initially inconveniencedbut that irritation soon turns to curiosity. Helen is a strong, smart and intuitive character and perfect
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
To Trust a Wolf is the first novella in the Unnatural Alliances series, and it gets the series started with a bang. We meet Helen Jurist, an archivist/party planner at the museum, whose schedule has been thrown off kilter with the finding of a Viking hoard. Many people are interested in it, but up until now, no one has been allowed to see it.

This is an intricate story that not only gives you a story to sink your teeth into, but also paves the way for further novellas/books in the series. Very
Maria
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Definetly a short read but what was there was well written.

Helen is trying to organize a Gala for the museum she works at and with a new collection that brings a lot of curiosity she is forced to do a private tour for Rune. He is sexy and mysterious and there is just something about him that she wants but at the same time can't seem to trust. When unusual things begin to happen with the gala approaching she will have to decide if she can trust him or if it's safer to stay away.

An intriguing
Sara
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
To Trust A Wolf is a paranormal romance featuring a sexy male lead and a strong female lead The book is short in length but not in story line. It is a quick read with twists you won't see coming!

I received an ARC in exchange

Helen works at the local museum and they have just acquired the famed Cutler Horde, a collection of Norse artifacts. Only, a pesky foreign investor, Rune, wants a piece of the action, too.

To Trust A Wolf features paranormal creatures, mythology, action and suspense, and, of
So it is not very often I find a short book knocking my socks off, often I find them too short... too cheesy or simply too boring... WELL this was not the case with this book. This book was short 125 pages but it was jammed packed with action, steam and a little mystery. This book was one that I have to admit wish had another 125 pages because I did not want it to be over. I loved every word. The characters were complex in a good way and multi dimensional which is often something I have found ...more
2OCC Reviews
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alice
This is a quick, easy, and enjoyable read, considering it's the start of a series I really liked it! I will definitely read more of the series and more from the author.
It's intrigued me and introduced me to the main characters (who I loved!). I love all things paranormal, especially shifters! So this was a definite plus for me.
I love that the female lead can hold her own, I love that she is strong and doesn't "shy away from 'scary' and unknown things".
Rune is hot, alpha (though not to the
Ame Terra
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brisk and brief, To Trust a Wolf is perfect for a quick flight or an afternoon at the beach. The setting of the story, a small, financially strapped museum in Maine, was a refreshing change for the paranormal genre. My favorite character was Benji. His hit and run, encounter with Helen was intriguing. His true intentions left hovering over the dance floor, unattended. Helen’s introduction to the shifter/vamp universe was swift and blinding as was her attraction to Rune. The book moves at warp ...more
AC Squared Book Blog
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. I genuinely loved the plot of this and how it involved a museum. I love museum type movies and shows, so this really pulled my attention in. I also love how it's paranormal but not over the top. I CANNOT WAIT to read more!!!
Bonnie Dale Keck
Kindle Unlimited {well #1 was free, don't know if perma or what}.

A list of things Helen Jurist never expected to see in her museum:
1. Viking relics
2. A dangerously seductive Dane with a suspicious interest in Viking relics
3. Werewolves

That is the blurb, which is almost longer than the book, all 76 pages of it; usually don't pay any attention to length, mostly because some of what I read is
Indie Authors Mon...: R&R: Danielle Hardgrave Book Title: To Trust a Wolf 6 19 Oct 07, 2016 07:58PM

• Secrets of a Vampire (Second Sight #2)
  • Vampire Dead-tective (Dead-tective #1)
  • Hidden (Alpha Wolf's Pet, #1)
  • Digging the Wolf (Wolves of Crookshollow, #1)
  • Mastered By Her Mates (Interstellar Brides Program, #6)
  • Beast (Wolves of Angels Rest, #10)
  • Tiger Mate (Silverlake Shifters, #3)
  • The Dryad's Pawprint (The Paranormal Council)
  • Fated For The Bear (Banford and Beauty Bears, #1)
  • Pack Run (Highlander Wolf, #1)
  • Hearts Aflame Collection II: 4-Book Bundle
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • Saint (A Wolf’s Hunger #3.1)
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (BarBEARians #2)
  • Lost to the Night (The Brotherhood Series, #1)
  • The Burning Point (Circle of Friends #1)
  • Seductive Lies (Secret Lives, #3)
  • Seductive Secrets (Secret Lives, #1)
Danielle Hardgrave can find romance anywhere. While obtaining her History degree, she spent more time than she'd care to admit speculating on the love lives of famous historical tyrants.

She was born and raised in Victoria, BC, a small coastal city on a small island in the giant country of Canada. She spends most of her time writing, reading, or getting into trouble with her roommate.

Caldwell

Unnatural Alliances (2 books)
  • Sleuthing with the Enemy (Unnatural Alliances #2)