Start by marking “The Rarest Rose” as Want to Read:
The Rarest Rose

The Rarest Rose

Elijah is a self-confessed workaholic, taking a forced break from his non-stop obsession with righting an old wrong.

Sarah is a reclusive artist, holed up alone out of fear for far too long, hiding from a history she can never divulge.

When their paths cross on a misty day in Cornwall, two worlds are turned upside down, and neither will ever be the same again.

But when Sarah’
Paperback
Published July 11th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Rarest Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rarest Rose

KAS
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it

How could I dim his light with my darkness?

Having absolutely loved “The Pebble Jar,” I knew I wanted to read more by this author, so I went in blind having no idea what to expect.

My best description would be .... a captivating, charming romance collides with a dark, edgy, secret past. A sweet tender love story vs. heartbreak, panic and fearful events. While totally engaged in the budding relationship between Elijah and Sarah, I knew trouble was a foot and I braced myself for the outcome!

I wan
Emma Scott
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars....

This is the second novel I've read by this author, and both times I was struck by the gentle, smooth flow of prose, the easy wit and cleverness, and the light-touch of exposition that reveals character and scene without burdening the reader with info-dumps.

This novel is sweet. Warm. It's like a warm cup of tea on a blistery day. I felt 'safe' reading this story, knowing, instinctively, that the H was going to be the best kind of guy and that the h would be saved from her painful pa
Alex ♈
Beautifully written. Fabulous!

I didn't like everything about this story,
but the writing was outstanding!

4-4.5 stars
This wasn't the book for me. It wasn't just the writing style, which was mostly telling and not showing, but it was that every.single.thing was a drawn out secret. Plus the pessimistic tone of the h's narrative started grating after a while. I sympathize with what she went through, but all the if onlys, running away, and mentions of wall constructing made me want to scream, and not with joy either. I've read stories told from an abuse survivor's pov that were poignant and compelling, engaging an ...more
Jacqueline
DNF.

I'm afraid the writing style isn't working for me in this. It feels kind of overwritten and so seems heavy going. A shame as I liked the premise of the story. Lots of people loved this one though so try it and see.

Available on ku
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

...a challenge was a challenge. When my smart-mouthed assistant, Angela, triple-dog-dared me to go on holiday empty-handed, I couldn't turn it down - especially after her thirty-minute lecture on the consequences of turning down a triple-dog-dare. I didn't think all my hair would actually fall out, or that my manhood would shrivel up to nothing, rendering me doomed to a joyless existence, as she not so delicately put it.

I felt a strange pang in my chest, where I was pretty sure m
Cathy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet romance with some dark edges, you are aware from the beginning that the heroine is hiding from someone or running from something, small hints are dropped and there is a lingering unease about the story. Elijah is strong and kind and sensitive, his calm, gentle handling of situations creates a strong bond between them that she cannot deny.

Dramatic scenes toward the end of the story with some really lovely heart-warming moments.

A sweet easy read.
Tiffany Readz
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good, but a Little Tame for Me

With the Rarest Rose, H.A. Robinson gives readers a sweet romance with a bit of a dark side lingering around it. While you can see what's going on from a mile away, it was a nice build up before the action hit.

"Loneliness was a companion I had gradually come to accept as a part of myself, as natural to be by then as breathing in and out." ~ Sarah

She's in a self-imposed isolation, afraid of everything around her. Sarah doesn't go out of her house much due to the tra
Charlie Matthews
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's very rare that I find myself lost for words after finishing a story. Normally I have heaps to say but after reading The Rarest Rose, I had to pause, take a breather and remember where I was. Ms Robinson has produced a well written, beautiful piece of work. I felt for Rose. Really, truly felt for her. She was broken and at times it seemed that she would never escape the inner torment that plagued her every day life. Then came Elijah.. It wasn't just a boy meets girl, girl falls in love and t ...more
Dilek VT
Mar 16, 2018 marked it as dnf
Shelves: abuse
I don't like it when the writing is focused on telling mostly but not showing.

And it is too slow for my taste... and very predictable. Ergo, it couldn't hold my interest.
Donna B
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!

I love Rose and Elijah! Captivating story!I enjoyed this book so much. Looking forward to reading more from H.A. Robinson😊
Autumn Elerson
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't even know how to review this. It was so good! I loved the writing style and Elijah and Rose were so adorable! This book definitely captured my attention and the more I read the more intense it got. I couldn't put this book down!
L.J. Stock
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Rarest Rose by H.A. Robinson. It’s like a piece of art laid out in words. It’s heartfelt, soul breaking and exciting all at the same time. The writing is lyrical and the characters lovable, relatable and raw. Even the background characters are people you forge feelings for, whether that’s love or hate it’s beautifully sculpted and played out until you’re swept up in the words.

I could wax lyrical about it all day long, just as I could talk about Miss Robinson’s talent for writing and immersi
Erin McFarland
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book left me speechless when I finished. H.A. Robinson is a masterful storyteller that pulls you in from the first page. This is one of those stories that will wring your heart out to dry. The characters are perfect. Elijah with his sweet, patient, gentle ways, and Sarah with her rare glimpses of wit and humor. She is such a mystery not only to Elijah, but to the reader as well. The feeling I had while reading her chapters was one of desperation, fear, and urgency. Elijah, on the other hand ...more
Laura Smith
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book from H. A. Robinson that I have read and as I read it in one day. it's safe to say I loved everything about it.

The Rarest Rose is a beautifully written story of built up, will they, won't they romance with the slightest twist of darkness. The characters were perfect for the story and very well developed and suited to the story line. I loved the two main characters Sarah and Elijah and let's not forget Bilbo the dog who was very much a big part of the story.

A definite mus
Karyn
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great story that has so many different elements intertwined. There is angst, romance, mystery, drama, and heart pounding suspense!

The author did a wonderful job developing her characters right down to the lovable dog. The main character’s past is developed slowly over the course of the story. We got tidbits here and there that allowed my mind to wander and draw my own (incorrect) conclusions as to what happened in her past. It was great to be able to keep guessing about the possib
2OCC Reviews
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alice
The twists and unexpected turns in this book are genius. It drew me in from the first page..
I loved how, although Sarah was a recluse, she started opening up to Elijah..
Watching their love blossom (like a rose) was beautiful and heartbreaking. Reading this book my emotions were everywhere, one minute I was smiling, then I was crying, then I was on the edge of my seat shouting at my kindle!
This is the first book I've read by H.A Robinson, and after reading The Rarest Rose, it definitely won't b
Kristina
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down! I had to know what would happen next....and i was rooting for Rose and Elijah the whole way!! HA has done it again, she created a beautiful story you can't get enough off! It's about love, trust, healing and helping each other letting go of the past.....and that ending!!! You have to read it!! Just amazing!
Maria Angie Mendoza
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet, heartwarming and poignant story of new beginnings. Sarah has escaped her past, but is still in a self imposed exile. When she meets Elijah, she's afraid to allow herself to open up because if her past. Will she...
Find out!
Coozie
I’m being generous giving this 3 stars. Very generous. This book was cheese and corn and a fair amount of cringe. A solid 14 on the pH scale. The overuse of the words “sweetheart” and “giggle” and “eye-roll” made ME roll my eyes. And this book went hard with the clichés— HARD.

This was a sweet story, though severely lacking on delivery.
Stephanie  Mae
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
⭐⭐⭐1/2 stars
Elijah, Sarah, and ...Bilbo the dog.
The dog is key. I promise you it wouldn't be the same story without the dog. Having said that, his two humans are pretty awesome. There is a great deal of detail within the story. It is set in a quaint Cornish Town. I loved getting to experience local jargon and the plethora of new cultural experiences. "Where is your stopcock?"
Sarah's is an artist and that most definitely intrigued me. The life of an artist is fascinating. I may wish there had b
Victoria L. James
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am ashamed of myself... A-SHAMED that it has taken me so long to write a review for this wonderful book. Perhaps it was because once I'd finished, I didn't quite know what to say. Maybe it was the brilliance of H.A. Robinson's prose that left me so speechless, I struggled to articulate my thoughts. Or maybe it's because I am a gigantic turnip who reads a masterpiece and then forgets to write the review that said masterpiece deserves. I'll let you decide.

The Rarest Rose is everything a classic
Sue
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Rarest Rose is truly a very rarest gem of a book.
Once H.A transports you into the lives of,Elijah,Rose and not forgetting Bilbo,you are there with them as though you are saying the words yourself.Her words are real and very true to life.I had to finish this book I one sitting ,I couldn't not see how it was going to end.With all the interruptions I may have pretended to go on my treadmill,instead I sat on it in a cold garage to finish reading.
You will laugh,lots.Smile,your heart will melt and
United Indie Book Blog
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm in completely in love with Elijah and Rose. This is the first time that I read one of H A Robinson book. This book had me crying, smiling, laughing, and relived. I can't wait to read more from H A Robinson. If you love to read about finding your way out of the darkness and into the light. Then is the book for you. Definitely an one-click buy! Keep up the awesome work!!

review by Chantelle
Katie
Jul 12, 2016 added it
reviewed for NDF
Debbie
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really loved it! Great story telling, I was all over the place not knowing what was going to happen next. I am eagerly awaiting another book from this author.
Janine
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poignant story of a woman running from her past. Well edited.

Elijah meets Sarah one morning on the foggy coast of Cornwall. It isn't long before he realizes she is skittish, mistrustful, and most likely hiding something rather big. As they get to know each other, they fall for one another. Eventually, Elijah learns that Sarah is/was married, and he is a bit reluctant to start a relationship with her. This reluctance doesn't last long, but she lives in fear and cuts their budding relationship sho
Riah Pilling
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is just so so beautiful I can't even fully describe it.

The romance is intertwined so well with mystery while the split narrative leaves you utterly in love with both main characters.

This book gave me feelings I didn't even know existed and I loved every word.
Kia Bunby
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. Obviously there are parts in it I didn't enjoy reading about but that was part of the story and what happened around it is what was so nice. I thought it had some lovely, some tense and some heartwarming moments
Denept
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
;)
« previous 1 3 4 next »
H. A. Robinson is a jet-setting billionaire with a home on each continent, who spends her free time saving kittens from trees and babies from burning buildings. A graduate of Hogwarts and a frequent visitor to Narnia, she drinks coffee in Central Perk and tames dragons on Westeros.

In her dreams…

In reality, she’s a support worker living in a small town in Cheshire, who would almost always choose