Start by marking “Death and Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #1)” as Want to Read:
Death and Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #1)

Death and Her Devotion

(Rogue Vows #1)

In the first Rogue Vows novella, Zane and Stevie are about to get an unexpected wedding present…and it’s a deadly one.

Published October 25th 2016 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Death and Her Devotion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death and Her Devotion

Start your review of Death and Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #1)
CL
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This first Rogue Vows novella has Police Chief Zane and Officer Stevie Taylor about to be married when the body of a celebrity has been discovered in the local campground murdered and posed in the same manner as a crime his character investigated. His entourage all try to paint a different picture than the local police department is uncovering but now fires keep cropping up all over town and it points toward the celebrity’s stalker. Will they solve this crime in time for their wedding? I would ...more
Linda Strong
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it

Police Chief Zane Duncan and Officer Stevie Taylor are both thinking of their upcoming wedding. Zane just wants to marry the love of his life. Stevie wants the same ... but she's having to deal with her mother and sister over all the wedding details. I'm sure elopement has been mentioned a lot .. by Stevie.

The day before the nuptials, a dead body is found at a nearby campground. Looks like the wedding might not happen ... the dead body is that of a very well-known actor .. and he was murdered.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
For such a short book, the story felt complete. I guess it helps that I've read the other books/series with the characters. So I'm familiar with them. And for once, I didn't know who did it before the ending. The narrator did a good job. Even though her tone doesn't vary much, I wasn't confused as to whom was speaking.
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: s-net-galley
For those who read the Rogue River novellas, Death and Her Devotion and Burned by Her Devotion are nice follow up stories to the next phase of the main characters.

Death and Her Devotion focuses on Stevie and Zane as they try to marry in the middle of a murder investigation of a high profile actor. The plot is nicely done as well as the personal hurdles they face.

Special Thanks to Montlake Romance via NetGalley
Petra
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first novella in the Rogue Vows series, another collaboration between Kendra Elliot and Melinda Leigh, two authors whose other works I love, and as expected, this one didn't disappoint either.
We're back in Solitude, a small town in Oregon and home to the Taylor family. Police officer Stevie Taylor is preparing for her wedding day when the murder of a popular TV celebrity brings chaos and danger to the quaint, little town. Can Stevie and police chief Zane Duncan, who is Stevie's
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, novellas
Death and Her Devotion is a novella just over 90 pages, but it's filled with tension and danger. The fast pace and dual POV keep you engaged and the plot is well developed for such a short story. The characters are also layered and complex, which is another great feat when the story focus is very much on a murder investigation.

The mystery and its unraveling are quite surprising. So much happens in such a short period of time and the way it all comes together is really well done. Elliot knows how
Anita
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

This is a novella and I was very surprised to find that there were several before this one. I've read several of Kendra Elliot's books, but completely missed these suspense novellas. This one is great and I'm going to get my hands on the others.

Stevie and Zane are getting married, but have a complication just days before the big event. A hot TV star had the misfortune to get
Alice Bye
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4/5
Loved this short thriller
Candy
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Chase Ryan a famous & popular TV star & his entourage, his brother Spider, childhood friends Josh & Toby as well as Spider's son Brandon, have made their annual trip to Solitude, Oregon to camp at Crying Indian Campground along the Rogue River. To everyone's surprise, Chase has been murdered not far from their camp site. Police office Stevie Taylor is the first on the scene, thinking 7 a.m. is early for a dead body as she yawns from her late night. Her family kept her busy half the ...more
Dee Cherry
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good beginning as Zane & Stevie find themselves trying to solve a mystery before they tie the knot. Surprised to find out person that committed the crime. Looking forward to next in series
Mary Brown
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis:

It should be the happiest weekend of Officer Stevie Taylor’s life. She’s finally going to marry Police Chief Zane Duncan and live happily ever after in Solitude, Oregon. But all wedding plans grind to a halt when a dead body is found at a nearby campground. A vacationing A-list TV actor has been murdered…and all hell is about to break loose.

When it comes to a celebrity
Carla Johnson-Hicks
The Rogue Vows Novellas are a continuation of the story begun in the Rogue River series. Police Chief Zane and Officer Stevie Taylor are finally going to get married, but when an actor turns up dead in the woods, will they have to put a hold on their nuptuals.

This is a short story that is continued in the book by Melinda Leigh "Burned by her Devotion". Despite the fact that this is a novella, it has everything that you would expect from a full-length romantic suspense novel. The characters are
Jane Blythe
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually a reader of novellas because I tend to prefer detailed character development and stories full of twists and turns, and I typically find that novellas are just too short to give me what I wanted, but since I had read all the other books by this author I decided I may as well give this a go, and I totally wasn't disappointed!

As soon as I realised that all of the novellas were connected I went and bought the earlier ones so I could catch up on the characters, and I loved that since
 Chele
Love the author Kendra Elliot. I love revisiting this small town and the characters in this series. I shelved this as a cliffhanger because the murder case is still active. The murderer is caught and put in jail. But other matters need to be wrapped up. Also there is a separate case of arson needing to be solved. Thus this leaves the reader with a mini cliffhanger. No biggie.

The relationship between H/h is satisfactorily tied up in a nice neat bow. Can't wait to read Bk 2 in this series, this
Books 'n' All  Promotions
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A couple of years ago I started reading the Bones series by Kendra Elliott and was immediately hooked. From there I found the Rogue River series of novellas. I have read novellas before this but only as prequels to a full length novel. I am not a fan of short stories as I like a book I can really get into. I was also sceptical about a series written by 2 authors. However, being a fan of Kendra ' s I had to step outside my comfort zone and try them. I was surprised how much I enjoyed them they ...more
Alexandra
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The town of Solitude is in for a rough ride. A body is found at the local campsite. It's discovered to be a celebrity. When the murder is leaked to the press, all hell breaks loose in Solitude. Chief of police Zane and officer Stevie, have to solve the crime and get married. Its not going to be easy especially as his entourage are being less than truthful. I found it to be an enjoyable read. Recommended for fans of romantic suspense. ARC received from net galley in exchange for a honest review.
2.25 stars.

Solid novella light in the mystery and suspense, heavier on the romance. I really like Stevie and Zane.
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

Although this is the first book in the series - it is not the first time we have met these characters, which I rather liked. It is perfectly good as a story in its own right too.

This is a quick read with a good murder mystery and the playing out of a lovely, if somewhat altered wedding. Zane and Stevie are impatient to get married, especially as Stevie's Mum insists she moves in with her until the wedding... As they get
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
While Death and Her Devotion is the first book in Rogue Vows I felt like I was dropped into the middle of a town and relationship that I should have met before. I think had I realized and read the previous Rogue River and maybe even the Rogue Winter novellas I would have enjoyed this a lot more. With that said I still enjoyed the book. It was a quick, face-paced and fun read with some interesting characters, a nice romance and some suspense. I will definitely go back and read the Rogue River ...more
Bea
I enjoy the Rogue River books by these two ladies. They have strong and interesting characters, a small town setting on the West Coast, and mysteries that keep me guessing. And let's not forget the romantic relationships, sweet, stormy, and sexy.

In "Death and Her Devotion", Stevie and Zane's wedding doesn't quite go as planned but it's a lovely wedding nonetheless. A murder investigation nearly calls off their wedding but Stevie's family and the whole town of Solitude rally to help them.
Sonia Cristina
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
"Death and her Devotion" takes the readers back to Solitude and the investigation of another murder, this time the murder of a TV star that force Zane and Stevie away from their wedding planning.

It's a slow paced investigation but interesting in revealing some secrets between Chase, the dead man, and the three men, his friends, he was spending time with at Solitude and how it almost stopped Zane and Stevie's wedding from happening.

I simply loved the ending! It was the most endearing thing and
Sandra R
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novella. It was very well written and a perfect length for a quick read, so I finished it in one sitting. I adored both the story and the characters of Stevie and Zane. The murder was interesting and kept me reading/guessing until the end. I have some of this author's books in my Kindle as yet unread and I intend to get to them asap !

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC.
Ally.Always.Reads
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this novella. It was short but it didn't really feel rushed.
I need to go back and read the series before this one. There were some mentions of prior books in this one but it wasn't confusing. So it's not necessary to read the prior books before this but the sound good so I need to.

*received from NetGalley for honest review
Andrea Corley
I love Stevie and Solitude and all books written by Kendra Elliot/Melinda Leigh pretty much and Death and Her Devotion is no exception! They were able to throw together a pretty good and fulfilling story in a mere 98 page book. Another stellar job!
Trish R.
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Both novellas reviewed together.

Death and Her Devotion, Book 1

I absolutely love Kendra Elliot’s novella, and this was no exception. There always so much going on with such a short story.

In this one Zane and Stevie( Stephanie, really) are trying to solve the murder of the famous actor Chase Ryan while they are also trying to finish their wedding arrangements in a few days, and trying to solve 2 fires as the time draws near.

And it’s always nice to see Stevie’s family, Patsy, Carly and Seth, Bruce,
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .
NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4
I was so excited when Ms. Elliot and Ms. Leigh announced that they were going back to Rogue River. From the end of the last Rogue River/Rogue Winter series I was hoping the ladies would revisit this tiny little Oregon town.
It was great to be back in the city of Rogue River, Oregon even if it was a murder that brought us back. A murder of a high profile super star just turned this sleepy little town upside down. There is so
Angela
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic romantic suspense that is a MUST read! This story captured me right from the start, and stayed long after the last word was read. With it's unique storyline, interesting characters that you can't help but love, humor, mystery, suspense, intense situations, and intriguing twists, this story will have you on the edge of your seat till the end. An excellent beginning to the Rogue Vows series by Kendra Elliot.

Zane and Stevie are finally getting married! Even though they've only been
Shay Williams
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really like the town and the inhabitants of Solitude. I got a chance to become familiar with them in earlier books so a quick novella was the perfect length for this episode but only if you know the players. DEATH AND HER DEVOTION has a lot of secondary characters, a lot of action and not a lot of room to go in depth with what makes everyone tick.

We do get a chance to really get to know Stevie as she tries to solve a crime and get married all at the same time. Both Stevie and her groom Zane
Gwen S.
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Michelle
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
First came the Rogue River series, that followed with the Rogue Winter series and this book is the first of two novella's that complete the Rogue Vows series, after this comes the Rogue Justice novella's.

I love both Kendra Elliot and Melinda Leigh's writing and I find they compliment each other well. If you enjoy small town mysteries then this is definitely a collection of novella's that I urge you to try, and if you are a stickler for reading in order, especially with the over all story arc
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
  • A Bone to Pick (Widow's Island #2)
  • He Can Fall (She Can... #4.5)
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • She Can Scream (She Can... #3)
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
  • She Can Tell (She Can... #2)
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
  • She Can Run (She Can... #1)
  • Save Your Breath (Morgan Dane #6)
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
An Amazon #1 selling author, Kendra Elliot has sold over 7 Million books and been on the WSJ best seller list ten times.

She grew up in the lush Pacific Northwest and still lives there with her family and three cats. She's fascinated with forensics, refuses to eat anything green, and dreams of living every day in flip flops.

*New series!* THE LAST SISTER and THE SILENCE

The BONE SECRETS NOVELS:

Rogue Vows (2 books)
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)