Start by marking “Blood Curse (Blood War Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Curse (Blood War Chronicles #2)

Blood Curse

(The Blood War Chronicles #2)

AIRSHIP BATTLES
A HIDDEN CITY
ANCIENT FOES
THE BLOOD WAR CHRONICLES
A ruddy sun has set on the gauntlet that nearly killed Jake, Cole, and Skeeter in San Francisco. Storm clouds loom on the horizon, promising the inevitability of an airship battle with the nefarious Colonel Szilágyi.
Blood Curse, the second book in the Blood War Chronicles, drops Jake and is friends into the mi
ebook
Published June 21st 2016 by WordFire Press

To ask other readers questions about Blood Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Curse

Start your review of Blood Curse (Blood War Chronicles #2)
Tamara Riley-wilson
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Science Fiction and fantasy has exploded into a multi -dimensional universe with offerings as vast, deep and varied as any star system. I love all the different genres and sub genres as long as they tell a good, well, written story. Reading is my Passion and my Prozac. It keeps me sane; it is a cleansing catharsis; a crucible from with I emerge a better person. I love quirky and different and creative blending of styles. So when I discovered Quincy Allen’s Chemical Burn and actually had the priv ...more
Lou Berger
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quincy J Allen's brilliant sequel to "Blood Ties" picks up immediately where we last left off, with a dirigible full of heroes, and an enemy assassin on board, heading into a storm and certain conflict with the dreaded, evil Emperor Norton's minions off in the dark clouds, flying in cloaked zeppelins.

The action is almost immediate, and the lead flies fast and heavy in this most-worthy sequel.
Allen's grasp of action, coupled with brilliantly conceived characters and an undercurrent of pure delig
Bella Conner
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spanning the genres of the wild west, steam punk, and urban fantasy, Quincy Allen's universe draws you in with the first paragraph, and leads you to the end of every page wanting to know more about the journey of Jacob Joshua Lasater, Skeeter, Cole, and (most importantly to Jake), Lady Corina Danesti. You can easily say in a few sentences that it involves a war between the state of Texas and the free territories, with cloaked zeppelins flying above warring factions using gatling guns and set it ...more
Matt
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quincy Allen doesn't need me to tell you he's great. I'm going to do it anyway. This is the story of a Civil War hero who lost his legs, left arm, and left eye to a fatalistic charge up a hill. Rebuilt with steam and magic powered limbs, and a eyepiece that let's him control the amount of light that reaches his permanently dilated left eye, he rides for justice with a former Buffalo Soldier from the Free Territories, and a genius 16 year-old girl who understands principles of science that didn't ...more
Angela
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Picking up right where we left off in Blood Ties, the author dives right into more breakneck action. In this volume we get into a lot of paranormal with magic and creatures coming out of the woodwork. The battles are incredibly plotted and fast paced but manage to develop the characters as well. We get a lot more of all the characters' backstory and it's great stuff. A romance blooms between Jake and the Countess but it's very mild (no sex) and slow burn. There is still plenty of unique steampun ...more
Pam Bales
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this streampunk novel and was hoping that the next was available already. It's not, but I am looking forward to it when it becomes available. Intriguing characters, good storylines, and streamline all make for a satisfying read.
Scott Welch
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unlikely Allies. Daring Foes. Airship Battles. Magical Spells. And More. Ok, so we are now at the second book in the Blood War Chronicles, aptly titled Blood Curse. If you have not read the first book, go buy Blood Ties and start there. Where Book One has the tale set in Denver, San Francisco and aboard a great dirigible, there is a major turn (and more than a few twists) taken for this part of the tale.

Our primary characters (Jake, Skeeter and Cole) have traveled from Denver back to San Franci
Cat
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I first met Jake Lasater in the short story “Lasater’s Lucky Left” which was included in the anthology “The Best of Penny Dread Tales”. I immediately liked Lasater as a character and was intrigued to know more of his story and to read more of his adventures in this Wild West meets Steampunk setting created by author Quincy Allen.

Allen delivered well in his first book of the Blood War Chronicles, “Blood Ties”, but also alluded, both through the title and through the character development and acti
Meagan
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of the Blood War Chronicles. I read the last book after having it described to me and I wondered how on Earth Quincy was planning to include everything I was told in just one book. He not only accomplished it, but did so in a way that left me completely hooked and wanting to know what in the world was going to happen to the characters in the next book. My only complaint was that book 2 wasn't already out when I finished book 1!

This series was one of my first forays into
Mia R.
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BLOOD CURSE is book 2 in Quincy J. Allen's Blood War Chronicles.

BLOOD CURSE starts out after Jake Lasater, Cole McJunkins, Jake's ward Skeeter, and the mysterious Lady Danesti have left San Francisco following a pitched battle with the evil forces under the command of Colonel Szilagyi.

Jake and company are badly outnumbered and outgunned and are soon shot down over New Mexico while trying to return to Denver. However, knowing that the Colonel will stop at nothing to capture (and possibly kill) t
Rachel Brune
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book starts out running and doesn't let up. Jake, Cole, and the crew are running for their lives with the nefarious COL Szilagyi after them. After nearly losing everything, they shelter in a small town that borders on another, far beyond what Jake could have imagined to exist in the world. Their time there is short-lived, however, as the war they are fighting keeps following them no matter where they go.

I highly enjoyed this book. It has adventure, fun characters, an interesting mix of tech
Ktmae Petross
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a thrill ride! Jake, Lumpy and the gang have a hair-raising adventure. From the moment the book starts, you get right into the action. The only down time is when Jake finds love, she just happens to be a vampire. There is even a twist within a truce that was formed in the heat of battle. All I can truly say is that I love this book.
Carolyn Kay
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved "Blood Ties" and couldn't wait for the sequel to come out. I wasn't disappointed. Airship battles, magic, intrigue and creatures of the fae, all in one book. Amazing. I hope there are more stories to come from this world.
Kennedy James
Ashley Brown
Aug 20, 2016
Linda
Aug 16, 2017

• The Delirium Brief (Laundry Files, #8)
  • The Lives of Tao (Tao, #1)
  • Children of Fire (The Chaos Born, #1)
  • Storm of Locusts (The Sixth World, #2)

The Blood War Chronicles (2 books)
  • Blood Ties (Blood War Chronicles #1)

News & Interviews