Start by marking “Spectacular Rascal (Sexy Flirty Dirty, #2)” as Want to Read:
Spectacular Rascal (Sexy Flirty Dirty, #2)

Spectacular Rascal

(Sexy Flirty Dirty #2)

When you’ve been screwed over by Mr. Wrong, let a Spectacular Rascal show you how good it feels to be bad.

You know the smooth, successful New York businessman type? Well, I'm the other guy—the one you don’t bring home to mama. The tattooed, rough-around-the-edges, 100% primal badass.

As the resident bad boy of Magnificent Bastard Consulting, I’ve got what it takes to make
Paperback
Published July 26th 2016 by Self Taught Ninja (first published July 24th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Spectacular Rascal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spectacular Rascal

Start your review of Spectacular Rascal (Sexy Flirty Dirty, #2)
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romcoms

➦If you have read Magnificent Bastard then you should know that this is a spin off but can be read as a standalone. Review to Magnificent Bastard ishere.

➦The hero of this novel is a part of a Magnificent Bastard Consulting duo. They help the ladies. They are nice like that. Be it making someone jealous or telling and ex to piss off - they are your guys for the job.

➦Aidan here is a funny guy. I mean, I don't think I'll ever get the image of him running naked through the park out of my head. It's
Lauren Blakely
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love these characters!
Adriana Locke
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect summer read!
Spectacular Rascal is a sexy romp with a bastard of a man. Does it get any better? (Answer: No, no it does not.)
Hysterical, sexy, and a little drama to give you a touch of anxiety in all the right places, this was one I couldn't put down. Two of my favorite characters of summer!
Felicia
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy that I decided to jump back into this series with some of my girls for a buddy read! I mean really, what could be better than a book where females can pay money to have a hot guy help them get rid of a slimy ex? AND the book is filled with hot as sin smut?!

This is the story of Aidan and Cat. Who were super close friends in college. They were a part of some group in college and just grew closer and closer over the years while in school. Until one night when Cat trys to get Aidan to t
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Move over Magnificent Bastard, Spectacular Rascal is in town and he is downright swoon-worthy! I love a good second-chance romance and this one was so good!

We pick up with Aidan right where we left off, with him being a fantastic friend to Bash and Penny in the park. We learn that he is a tatted-up, muscle bound sweetheart and that he owns a tattoo studio while working for Bash on the side.

“Aren’t we supposed to respect the sanctity of the hole? It’s right there in the rulebook: all Dasher comm
Nicole P
This was the strangest but very entertaining book I've read this year. The prologue starts off with some scary statistic about domestic abuse and I was slightly confused because I was expecting some light and fun. But then you start the book and it's entertaining as hell! Aidan is known as the Spectacular Rascal at Magnificent Bastard Consulting. He is the resident bad boy and brings the muscle to the equation. The story picks up from the end of Bash and Penny's story in Magnificent Bastard, and ...more
Katerina
Jun 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
I dislike the way the author writes her male point of view. I find myself disconnected because they don't actually have a stand out personal quality, but rather are annoyingly obnoxious, and unlikeable. I skipped the interlude note archives between Aidan and Cat finding it disconcerting because it broke the flow of the writing. And you have to admit a book isn't good enough when you want the heroine to end up with another man, Nico - the anti-hero - who reminded me a little of Julian from Twist ...more
Tracy  C
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a quick and fun beach read. Cat and Aidan's story is funny as well as super hot.
Aly
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
This was definitely a fun read. I liked it better than the 1st because Cat wasn't helpless at all. In fact she with kind of a badass. She got in a bad situation with an ex boyfriend who was stalking her and went to Aidan for help. Their back-and-forth banter was very cute and the story definitely had some good romantic scenes. We even got a couple different point of views towards the end so that was fun. Looking forward to book 3
Kelly
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really like this author but I could not get into this book. I really didn’t like Cat. It was really hard to get to know Cats character.

Emily
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. This was a cute rom-com. I like this fun series. This isn’t one of those books that gives you a big hangover, but it’s very entertaining. A great second chance romance.
Lucinda Claire
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My introduction to Lili Valente was "Magnificent Bastard," the first book in this series. And what an introduction it was! The premise of the series is clever, and the dynamic and dialogue between the characters was witty and original, so I couldn’t wait to see what was in store with book two: "Spectacular Rascal."

Aiden Knight is best friend to Sebastian (Bash) Prince, aka Magnificent Bastard. MB Consulting is dedicated to axiom “don’t get mad, get even.” Bash convinces his tattoo artist friend
Melissa Mendoza
Blurb:

As the re
Red Cheeks Reads
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to Magnificent B*****d Consulting…but this time there’s a new advisor helping out; Aidan. And he is the rough, bad boy, who wants to keep your ex from coming back and screwing you over but also isn’t exactly a saint himself. And then the wild, feisty, sexy, gorgeous Cat comes rushing back into his life, looking for help and Aidan is falling fast- but will be able to convince her that he is nothing like her former dangerous ex?

“F*ck being good. When you’ve been screwed over by Mr
A little birdie told me...
I love a really cute friends-to-lovers, second-chance romance. It really is my favorite type of romance novel. But there were a couple of things that slightly bugged me.

First... not a fan of directly addressing the reader. Thankfully, it was only done on a few pages and not the entire novel. The author took a risk, and for that, I won't complain. But it was a rather risky risk, and for me, it missed.

Second, please, for the love of all things important to all authors, learn how to use objective
Stacy
I filippin love Lili Valente!!!

The stories she comes up with have me rolling. This book was hilarious from the get go.

This book starts off where Magnificent Bastard ends but don’t worry you don’t have to read MB to understand what is going on in SR.

This is Aiden’s story, and I will admit I was a bit apprehensive to read about him. He has the lumbersexual (hairy hairy man) look going on, and I am not a fan of hairy men (I just threw up in my mouth thinking about hairy men). Aiden fell in love wi
Shannon Stuckey
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great second chance romance!

Spectacular Rascal was a funny and sexy second chance romance. The banter between Aidan and Cat had me laughing out loud and the chemistry was smoking hot.
Taz
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Open scene of the book grabbed me and I never wanted to put the book down. Witty banter and a hilarious man friendship texting.
D.G.
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The banter between these leads was fantastic! I love books where there such a big chemistry between the MCs!

Aidan works part time for a "consulting firm" whose mission is to help women to deal with their exes. Then he meets his latest client and finds out she was a woman from his past. He never dated her but they had been really close once upon a time. Now she needs his help dealing with a dangerous ex.

The chemistry between Aidan and Cat was off the charts. They were obviously attracted to each
Lynsey Goddard ❤
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Noteworthy experiences whilst reading this book (best parts, worst parts, quotes etc, personal opinions):

Having first had a snippet of Aidan as a supporting character in Lili's previous novel Magnificent Bastard, I knew he was the resident bad boy of MBC and that he'd help his friends out no matter what, and that 'no matter what' starts the book off in a spectacular way! Usually our red hot alpha's throw out insults that make you quiver in fear and lust, but "Let's give that sack of amputated g
Lisa
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, audible
Spectacular Rascal by Lili Valente is the second stand alone novel in her new non-series series that spins off from Magnificent Bastard. Magnificent Bastard is the consulting company owned by Bash that now employs his best friend, Aidan, as a Spectacular Rascal. Aidan is the tattooed, muscled, bad boy looking guy that women can hire to intimidate their stalkerish, obsessive, not-getting it ex to finally leave them alone. One look at Aidan and they are well and truly intimidated. Never mind that ...more
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Lili Valente has quickly become the Queen of the rom com. Her writing is brilliant and it just flows around you and tickles your skin and tastes delicious. She uses the perfect blend of humor, heat, suspense, foreplay, lust and friendship. I’m a sucker for second chance romances and this one is perfect!
Spectacular Rascal is a standalone novel, but has characters from Magnificent Bastard. Aidan works part time as the Spectacular Rascal. If you need a dangerous man to scare off your ex, he's your
Janice
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Review of Spectacular Rascal by Lili Valente

Be still my heart - 5+++++ stars

I knew from the previous book in this series that I was going to like Aidan's story. I really appreciated that his story picked up where we last saw him — doing the streak through Prospect Park to get the cops off of Bash and Penny, so they could get away.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know more about the friendship that Bash and Aidan have, going back to elementary school. I also got a huge kick out of the nicknames
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is a follow on book from Magnificent Bastard where we first meet Aiden as Bash's best friend and the buddy that helps Bash get back together with Penny.

Aiden is one dirty talking alpha and although he doesn't quite realise it at first he has been in love with Cat from the very begins all those years ago.

The relationship is explosive from the begging and the chemistry is off the pages hot. Both are a little nau
Heather in FL
Another really cute story in this series. Aidan is a big, tatted up dude who moonlights for Magnificent Bastards to raise money for a second tattoo shop. As is their standard arrangement, there is no sex between guy and client, though there is usually kissing to sell that a real relationship is happening. Aidan is usually requested when a woman sort of wants her ex-boyfriend intimidated. Aidan is a huge softie in real life, but he knows his size and look work to make guys lay off their ex-girlfr ...more
Jessica Ramsey

Author = Lili Valente
Would I recommend this book = Yes
Would I re-read this book = Yes
Would I read future books by this author = Yes

Blurb: Cat is having a difficult time leavi
Dominique
Daniela
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Spectacular Rascal gets the girl spectacularly

Love is a wild, untamed creature." This is a very interesting description. Its also the decription of this love story. Wild and Untamed. Aidan and Catherine are old friends from college. Weirdly they did not know each others true identity but it was explained away very well that it was acceptable in my eyes. They reconnect now because she hires him to help her get rid of a very seriously dangerous ex who is connected to the mob. Cat is extremely
Charity
This story is flirting with a 3.5 rating for me.

I like the almost low key banter between the main characters. The dirty talk is yummy and Aiden is described like a delicious specimen of a man.

The break in the story to take a peek into their past may give us further insight into their previous relationship, but it disrupts the flow of present time in a distracting way. I don't care to read about the authors current political views in my fiction either. There were a surprising amount of statisti
Nicky
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
In theory, this book had the potential to be pretty good. But the characters made it just okay. It possibly could’ve been the narrator. But the characters were definitely on the odd, slightly insane side. This is a follow up to Magnificent Bastard. The author says it’s a standalone, but it’s helpful to have read the first book. I know that because I actually read book 4 of this series first before realizing I needed to start at the beginning.

In this book, we meet Aiden who works for Bash at MBC
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hitched (Happy Cat, #3)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
  • Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire (Bro Code #3)
  • The Bad Boy's Temptation (Bedding the Bad Boy, #1)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Blissed (Misfit Brides, #1)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • Master Baker
  • Sugared (Misfit Brides, #4)
  • Her Rebel Heart (The Officers' Ex-Wives Club, #1)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Big Pickle
  • Hosed (Happy Cat, #1)
  • Weekend Fling (Jetty Beach, #5)
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • The Bad Boy's Seduction (Bedding the Bad Boy, #2)
Lili Valente has slept under the stars in Greece, eaten dinner at midnight with French men who couldn't be trusted to keep their mouths on their food, and walked alone through Munich's red light district after dark and lived to tell the tale.

These days you can find her writing in a tent beside the sea, drinking coconut water and thinking delightfully dirty thoughts.

Visit her at www.lilivalente.com

Sexy Flirty Dirty (4 books)
  • Magnificent Bastard (Sexy Flirty Dirty, #1)
  • Incredible You (Sexy Flirty Dirty, #3)
  • Meant For You (Sexy Flirty Dirty, #4)