Start by marking “Brody & Nick (Something About Him, #2)” as Want to Read:
Brody & Nick (Something About Him, #2)

Brody & Nick (Something About Him #2)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  313 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Army specialist Brody King is a successful and respected soldier. With only a year left in his commitment, he devises a plan to help him save money—a plan that requires him to marry.
Nick Ferguson is working toward college graduation and his community services management career. With his lease about to expire, he’s more than willing to take Brody up on his crazy marriage sc
Published June 23rd 2016 by A.D. Ellis Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Brody & Nick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brody & Nick

namericanwordcat
I just never got the real connection between these two to make this one work for me which is too bad because I love a marriage of con romance.
Stephanie
Jan 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Aubrey
Jan 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally it's over

Don't get me wrong, the characters are nice, but it was a pretty slow slog with some unnecessary drama thrown in at the end to set up the HEA. I feel like it missed a lot of opportunity too, no conflict between them (other than the last) and very little outside interaction (mostly just them hanging out). I would have liked to see Nick and Brody attend an Army ball, or something where they had to "pretend." It was obvious from the start where it was going to end and it seemed to
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: MM Readers, Military readers
Recommended to Twinsie Talk Angie J by: AD Ellis
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Brody & Nick (Something About Him #2)
by A.D. Ellis

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Oh Brody and Nick…..these two are quite a pair. Brody is looking to make a little bit of extra money so he hatches a plan with his friend/ex FWB Roomie Nick to get married. They are going to live together as husband an
Diverse
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: july-2016-reads
Obviously by the title you know the MC’s are Brody and Nick. No secret there. But there story is quite fabulous.
Brody and Nick have this arrangement and it’s very clever. They fake a marriage in the military to gain funds and off base housing… other things. I’m not military savvy, sorry. But it’s smart because the benefits are wonderful. Anyway, a fake marriage… you see where this is going.
A.D. Ellis has a sort of poetry to her writing especially when it comes to emotion. As Brody & Nick beg
K
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

In the military, if you are married, you are given an allowance and you are allowed to live off base. Brody starts working this plan with Nick as a way to save money for each of them over the next year. They would be roommates at most, friends definitely, and if benefits were added, all the better.

•••

Brody & Nick didn’t start off with the perfect marriage and the white picket fence. They didn’t even have rings during their lunchtime wedding. What they did have was an understanding a
ButtonsMom2003
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-from-author
I’ve found another new-to-me author to follow!

Brody & Nick is a stand-alone romance in the Something About Him series of unrelated stories. This is the first book I’ve read by Ms. Ellis but it surely won’t be the last.

Brody will be getting out of the Army in a year but he wants to move off base now. If he gets married he’ll get a housing allowance. He figures he can split the rent with his new husband and they will both save money. When the year is up they can both go their separate ways.

Nic
Ryane
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No secret that I was active duty. I have seen people get married to move off base. Matches made in hell really. And yes, the squadron commander was watching them like a hawk. Now the Air Force is slightly more lax when it comes to airmen moving of base, but still you have men and women in their early 20s making some not so great decisions when it comes to this

I wanted to slap the shit out of Brody. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to just ask him, “What is going on in that brain of yours
Heather Martin
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let me start out by saying that even though this says its Book 2, it's in no way related to Book 1 and can be read as a standalone. There was no mention of any character or events that connect the two books.

Brody is in the military and looking for a way to scam (let's call it what it is) the system for off base living and decides to proposition his texting/sexting pal into marriage to help them both save money.

Of course, the decision to marry and be friends with benefits led to more feelings a
Lily
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed the previous two books in the series along with A.D. Ellis's writing style, so I was thrilled to read Brody and Nick's story.

4* ~ I loved the idea of the fake marriage and when the two guys actually fell in love with each other and had wonderful dates, but were reticent about declaring their true feelings. There were some lovely scenes between Brody and Nick showing how much they cared, liked being together, and wanted a real long-term marriage. The angsty parts were wonderf
Antoinette
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. "Brody and Nick" captivated me from the start. Two people marrying more as a business arrangement instead of love is a concept that has been written about plenty. Nick and Brody's story was fresh and interesting. The fact that they didn't think things through to the end made for a very delightful story. Both Nick and Brody seemed real and the way they both bumbled through their relationship scared of what the ends of the year would bring was both adorble and frustrating. I'm s ...more
Felicia Eddy
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
What can I say I love Brody and Nick.

Brody in the military wants to live off base but in order to get the allowance he needs to be married. Brody has known Nick for a little while and are friends so when Brody starts thinking of who he can marry for just a year Nick comes to mind. Nick looking to save some thinks this could be a good idea and Brody being hot doesn't hurt either. So they get married but will it be just for a year as their feelings start to grow?

This book is so well written. The w
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
I received an ARC for an honest review.

I loved reading about Brody and Nick and their struggle to find their happily ever after.

Brody and Nick are friends that have keep in touch through texts, while Brody was deployed. During this time it suggested that they do something unconventional to help each other out.

Will their plan ruin everything or will they eventually find/get their happily ever after they deserve?

Many things where touched that brought forth ideas/things that happen that don't get
Jennifer Reilley
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an arc and loved it

Brody and Nick are both looking to save money and Brody approaches Nick to marry him to save on housing.

They both need to learn how to communicate through this marriage and are not knowing how the other feels. You watch them fall in love and struggle in the end to keep the marriage together.

I loved them realizing they loved each other and the struggle they went through to fight for each other.

I LOVED Addie. I wish I had a best friend like her..

Dawn Beech
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this Book as a ARC for a honest review
Broady and Nick, are best friends
they text and keep in touch because of the Army
when Broady comes up with a plan to get loff base because he has a homophobic Sargent they hatch a plan,
There is a lot of ups and downs
as there is in any new relationship
i spent the whole book hoping they could get over the downs
i wish they had more than 5 *as i would have given it,
i highly recommend this book to all
Allison
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Brody and Nick started out as friends marrying to save some money. What they ended up with was so much better than a bigger savings account. When their love is put to the test, will love conquer all or will their insecurities and stubbornness force them apart? Great story, I did not want to put it down. I was hooked from the beginning. I received an ARC for an honest review.
Marie Mckenney
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

Brody and Nick started out their lives in an unconventional way. They married to save money. They barely knew each other. Brady's friend Addie was against it at first but came to support him and Nick. The ups and downs in this book were an awesome rollercoaster. The three of them were so fun and glad that the book ended the way it did. Loved it.
Kathy Boone
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*author copy* I loved reading Brody and Nick's story. it was a wonderful journey going from friends to a happily married couple. and the ups and downs along the way really made them realize what they had was real. I would recommend reading this series.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Gosh, I can't get over how much I couldn't connect to these two men. Nope, not one bit. I tried, and I know there was nothing wrong with this story I just couldn't roll with it. It happens.
Zane Kage
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4
Again wanting to kick the MC. This is getting violent. Overall, really liked this one, just wish Brody didn't have his head up his butt.
Jane
Rachel
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The entire book was great... riiiiiiight up until the epilogue, which I found kinda icky and unnecessary.
Emma
Mar 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
This just got worse and worse.

Starting at 3 stars In the beginning it seemed a bit juvenile but cute enough. The plot device used to ensure our couple have to (view spoiler) is pretty lame and then never referenced again but that's okay I was only looking for a light bedtime read.

But then we move into 2 star range because we completely skip the best part of marriage of convenience stories - the falling in love. Seriously it goes from planning on being seen visi
Sylvia
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5☆

I liked the first halve of this story
the whole fake marriage thing and ofcourse falling in love but god Brody is one selfish sob I had a hard time liking him, Nick was such a sweetheart and a bit off a doormat.
What I missed in this story was friendship besides the one they have with Addie .
Addie ugh she was way too present for me.
The Epilogue was nice but still too much Addie it felt like they were in an ménage relationship.
(view spoiler)
Straight Girl Goes Gay
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Video Review on Vimeo
My written and video reviews contain spoilers!

(view spoiler)
J.J. Ellis
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Good Story (4.5 Stars)

I love classic stories that deal with things like a marriage of convenience. And I was excited to dig in. The characters and the story didn't pull me in quite as much as I would have liked them too but I did enjoy reading through to the end and I did root for their HEA. The epilogue gave me a bit of anxiety because although sweet and timely, I couldn't help but worry about plausibility and the obvious what if's. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Shirley (Secret Squirrel)
This started out great but started to lose me close to the middle. Nick and Brody were great and had good chemistry but parts of the story lines and other relationships hurt the book. There wasn't a consistency in how the story flowed and some of the angst were unnecessary. I also found Abby to be way too clingy. 2.5
Eric Neill
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How hard are boys' heads tied to their hearts?

Sometimes not enough at first, but with enough pressure from family and friends, love can provide the bond needed to allow forgiveness to heal the inevitable hurts caused by misunderstanding and mistakes we all face. We do many wrong things based on worry and fear in spite of knowing better. The forgiveness offered yields the great joy of making up.
Lisa
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in this series

Nick and Brody decide to fake marry essentially to save money. As time moves on they develop feelings for each other that turns to love. But what happens when one of them runs scared. Two broken hearted men, one who can't say I was wrong and the other left devastated and alone. Can love being them back together again.
Denise GremoryKohta
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreakingly beautiful. I love Nick. What a great character. Addie is a wonderful friend to both Nick and Brody. Brody destroyed me. Such a beautiful man with so much to overcome. You will laugh and cry through this whole book and at the end have a very satisfied smile.
A.D. Ellis is an Indiana girl, born and raised. She spends much of her time in central Indiana teaching alternative education in the inner city of Indianapolis, being a mom to two amazing school-aged children, and laughing at two precocious cats. A lot of her time is also devoted to phone call avoidance and her hatred of cooking.
She loves chocolate, wine, pizza, and naps along with reading and wri
More about A.D. Ellis

Something About Him (6 books)
  • Bryan & Jase (Something About Him, #1 )
  • Barrett & Ivan (Something About Him, #3)
  • Braeton & Drew (Something About Him, #4)
  • Ryker & Gavin (Something About Him, #5)
  • Kade & Cameron (Something About Him, #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be