Start by marking “Thirty Chic Days: Practical Inspiration for a Beautiful Life” as Want to Read:
Thirty Chic Days: Practical Inspiration for a Beautiful Life

Thirty Chic Days: Practical Inspiration for a Beautiful Life

Is it possible to live a chic and elegant life if you don't live in Paris, or even France? Instead of daydreaming about running away to the City of Light, 'Thirty Chic Days' invites you to put on your French-tinted sunglasses and view your everyday through an enchanting and motivating filter.

Inside this book you will find thirty chapters (or 'days') full of joie de vivre s
Published June 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Thirty Chic Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirty Chic Days

☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
I think it's an extreme take on 'Fake it till you make it' principle. While I think anyone would be better taking it with a grain of salt (we don't want to experience first-hand the Stanislavsky system unfortunate side effects, do we?), still it's a worthwhile read and an entertaining system.
Marissa Catania Bishop
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I find all of Fiona's books so lovely to read and this is no exception. When opening one of her books I always feel as if I am sipping a cup of tea and engaging in a lovely conversation that leaves me inspired.
Natasha
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, practical and full of relatable lifestyle hacks. I gifted myself this book on my birthday, thought of reading it a day at a time, but then went ahead and gobbled it all up. Will surely be revisiting it. Definitely worth a read, this one is for keeps.
Sylvia Valevicius
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this book extremely pleasant to read. Both practical and soothing. Fiona's voice comes through as a lovely person, and I spent several evenings reading a bit at a time, always with anticipation, for she has an anxiety-reducing element to her style. Someone wrote like having a cup of tea with a friend.

Many of the practical ideas we've probably heard somewhere before, but let's face it, we can all be reminded how to improve on the mundane, and elevate tasks to make life more enjoyable. I
Jennifer Thompson-Thalasinos
This was a very fun book that came up as a suggestion when looking for Audrey Hepburn books. Audrey Hepburn is referenced several times in the book. She gives a lot of suggestions on how to live life like a Parisian. I'm definitely trying to follow her suggestions on eating as I've been working on losing weight and these ideas will spruce up my lunch and dinner. I also like the suggestions about replacing soda with sparkling water...a bad habit I need to break. Her makeup suggestions for me was ...more
Ana
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book that I read by Fiona Ferris and I am looking forward to reading the next ones.
I just love Fiona's voice, so fresh, honest and inspiring.
She is not one of those super young, rich, fashionable bloggers who wear expensive brands for free; she is a lovely lady making the best of her life and the people around her who shares her useful tips with her readers.
I found her books highly enjoyable and I highly recommend them. So if you are looking for a way to enhance your life i
Olga
Dec 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
A very nice and comprehensive collection of every possible kind of bad 'good advice', including things like 'Make your life into a movie' and 'Live your life pretending that you are not where you actually are, but in the streets of Paris' (and I'm pretty sure that, as she writes this, the author stresses the last syllable and fails to pronounce the final /s/). A guide to creating an incredibly fake life, in other words. And a really scary read, I have to say.
Magdalena
Jul 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
One of the worst books on graceful living French style I have ever read. The author has not even been to France, nor does she know the language. Most of her knowledge comes from other self help books, most of them I have previously read. Some I liked a lot, others less, but none gave me so little pleasure as this book. Not recommended.
Khrystine
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved her. She's so sweet. Very practical too.
Monica
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light fluffy read. Nothing groundbreaking but inspired me to make a few changes to my everyday life.
Amy
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this inspiring and cozy read.
Christy Schneider
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Some of the advice is good (but things I've heard before). Much of it leaves me feeling like the author may be delusional
MARIA DO RIO
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chic indeed

I really enjoyed this book, it had a lot of good ideas on living more mindfully and enjoying your life more. It is also budget friendly, in trying to deal with how to save more money and reduce debt it’s given me some ideas of alternative ways to enjoy life beyond shopping.
Sibyl Vane
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
С удовольствием читала эту книгу. Каждый день начинался с порции вдохновения идей, может быть и очевидных, но все мы мечтаем примерно об одном и том же. В каждой сфере жизни найдется что-то схожее. Автор затрагивает каждый аспект жизни - уход за собой, гардероб, благотворительность, уборку, приготовление пищи, хобби и так далее. Мне понравились ее мысли по каждому вопросу.
Regine Schweiss
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommend :-)

This is just a lovely feel good book with ideas how to enjoy life more and appreciate what you have. Loved reading it and will put some of the tips into action now and then. It really does inspire and will uplift your mood.. Thank you Fiona :-)x
Haifa
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Its ok

Its just ok book
Lots of repeated ideas
I skipped alot of pages just cause it felt boring .. .
Sandra

• Celebrate Everything!: Fun Ideas to Bring Your Parties to Life
  • I Want to Be Her!: How Friends and Strangers Helped Shape My Style
  • Fashion 101: A Crash Course in Clothing
  • Flourishing
  • Good Things (The Best of Martha Stewart Living)
  • Tantric Orgasm for Women
  • The Original Beauty Bible: Skin Care Facts for Ageless Beauty
  • The Cheap Chica's Guide to Style: Secrets to Shopping Cheap and Looking Chic
  • Refinery29: Style Stalking
  • Parisienne French: Chic Phrases, Slang and Style
  • Seventeen 500 Beauty Tips: Look Your Best for School, Weekend, Parties  More!
  • The ELLEments of Personal Style: 25 Modern Fashion Icons on How to Dress, Shop, and Live