Start by marking “Go to Sleep Mom!” as Want to Read:
Go to Sleep Mom!

Go to Sleep Mom!

Published June 1st 2016 by Mary Lee Books

To ask other readers questions about Go to Sleep Mom!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go to Sleep Mom!

Start your review of Go to Sleep Mom!
Montzalee Wittmann
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute book for kids

Kid hears mom still up after he goes to bed and sees she has a list of chores. He decides to help set she can go to bed. Cute story with adorable pictures. In the back is another book and it is just as cute.
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
I laughed so hard when my son and i read this. I can so relate tot he tired mom and the little boy who wants to help. My son tries to help me all the time and even though most times its more of a mess for me to clean, it is still the sweetest thing.
Marie Blair
Such a sweet story

I am so excited about this book, especially illustrations. It is adorable! And a bonus story, in the end, is also charming.
Janna
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very cute story

I read this to my almost-3-year-old and we both enjoyed it very much. The solutions the little bit comes up with are quite imaginative. We also really liked the add-on of Pluie, which is a sweet little story about a puppy.
Lyn Davis
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Charming encouragement for children

Moms work hard and often can use help. These children are clever and helpful without being too schmaltzy. Wonderful read for both adults and children.
R.J. Rodda
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Have you ever longed for help with the long list of chores you plan to tackle after the children are in bed? Then this is for you. The young boy in this story realises with horror everything his mom has to do before she can go to bed. He worries she will turn into a zombie (there is only a funny non-scary picture of this, the word is not used) if she has to do all that work alone. So he sneaks out of bed to do the chores for her. There is a delightful end to this tale and the pictures are comic ...more
Sharon Brownlie
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A novel way on how to show children how much mum's do in a day! A delightful read, informative and lovely images. I imagine it will hold children spellbound from beginning to end.

I would have to say though I found the type use very small and couldn't adjust it on my kindle. But despite this a great little read for little people.
Medeia Sharif
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A boy is alarmed by his mother's to-do list. She may never go to sleep. He steps in to help her finish her housework in the funniest manner. This is a super adorable picture book. ...more
Susan Barton
A nameless little boy goes to bed, but can’t sleep because his mom is busy doing housework. He worries about his mom having to do everything by herself, and knows she'll be tired the next day. He finds her chore list and sets about doing all the work himself.

I found this an odd little book that begins somewhat abruptly. Page One is a lone illustration of the nameless boy and the words “It’s late.” written on his head. The text font is tiny and difficult to read throughout the book and that was t
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
kind of have a bit of mixed feelings over this book? i appreciate that you should want to help your mother out (your father as well) as a family unit ... chores, jobs whatever u pick 2 call them .. they have to be done ... a daily thing, daily life ... so u will need to understand that every one needs help ... keep that life going. but then i feel for so many kids who have their childhood taken away and don't get to be a real kid. does that make sense? sure hope so. it is such a happy medium. i ...more
Angie
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "This is the story of a young boy just trying to put his tired mom to sleep. It begins with him being woken by a strange sound. While sneaking out of his room to investigate, he discovers something terrible, a list of all the chores his mom needs
to do in order to sleep. Not only that but, he surmises if this is not complete, she may just turn into a zombie! In order to save his mother from an awful fate, the boy embarks on a plan to rid his mom of the terrible to-dos and get her to sl
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this cute story. It shows how little ones when faced with mom's list of chores they will do their best to try and figure it out how to help mom.
The little boy finds his mom's to do list. He's afraid she will be a zombie in the morning. He decides to work on it himself. It might not be the way mom would do it but it is done with love. What happens when he is done? What does mom do? You get to listen/read to the book. Fun times to be had by one and all.
Sandra
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Go to Sleep, Mom! is a sweet book for babies up to perhaps age 8. It's short, the pictures are cute and it will probably make children in the 5 - 8 year age group laugh. I am not a fan of reading to children from an ebook but will keep this on my Kindle for those long trips where one just needs another book. ...more
Courtney
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
My children love these little books. They thoroughly enjoy each and every story, as if they are all unique and individual without any cause for similarity among them. Even though sometimes, they might seem tedious and repetitive to me as a parent, I do enjoy being able to read short-stories to my children that are clean and respective.
Pam
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Board Book
Cute story about a young boy who realizes how much his mom has to do before she can go to sleep too. He sets out to take care of her To Do list and tucks her in for the night.
Clever way to introduce jobs for toddlers and preschoolers.
Jas
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute little book for kids! Through the beautiful illustrations and short simple lines, children will be very enthusiastic to read it and they will definitely learn a lot.

*I received a free copy of this through Bookbub.
Sara Kuttel
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mommy needs sleep, who can help?

What a sweet book. Children will see that giving a helping hand can pass kindness on to another. Well written, the illustrations are precious, the love of a child for his mother is perfect in every way.
Regina Davis
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Too much cuteness

These two books are adorable in the way they present life’s struggles. A son tries to help his mother get to bed early, and a dog who makes the best of every home finds the best home of all. Two books most kids will like.
Engie- BookClub512
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun

It was an interesting read for my 6 year old. She enjoyed reading the sentences and looking at the graphics. She had alternate ideas for each task. It was cute to see her all into the book.
Bertie  Moore
Great

My daughter! I'm a Gram now! I remember the days and know they never seemed long enough! Now I see from the distance and know the same is true for my grown up girl! Such a sweet story! And the bonus puppy story too!
Debra Allard
Cute book for children ages 1-6

This book has few words on each page leaving room for discussions with your little ones. It's an inspirational book with nice illustrations. I know my little ones will enjoy it.
Hannah Baity
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book for gaining perspective on how many parents are up long after the children believe the day has ended. I loved this book because it seemed a pleasant way to validate the hard work of parents while also encouraging them to prioritize rest! Simple, short, and very cute!
Christine Arena
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book for beginners!

Wonderful pictures easy to read for little ones. Lovely story about children helping parents you're little ones will love it!
Paula  Dowless
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book alot

This book is very interesting and it is a pretty good book for kids. It's a great story to read.
Cyndee
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable!

I love how this book promotes sensitivity to all that moms do, and the willingness of the little boy to make it better for her.
Patricia Thayer
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cute

Hopefully it will inspire kids to help out at home some. Shows some of mom's (or dad's) unappreciated chores, done daily, but largely unnoticed.
Bethany
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-little-one
Very cute. Short, but sweet.
Sarah Johnson
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Good story - my kids enjoyed it
Cute idea and pictures
We liked the story about the puppy also by same author
Dorothy  Scott
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute and bright

This is such a cute book. I like the simple ness of a book saying a lot with few words. The illustrations are very well done as well.
Kate Stead
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was quite cute.
I know sometimes my kids tell me, I'm not tired and I say well I am and I'd love to go to sleep but I've got too much to do.
It made them laugh 😊

• Books for Kids: Goodnight, Monster!
  • Chef-A-Rella
  • My Pteranodon Has A Sneeze - Childrens Picture Book
  • The Reader
  • What Animals Do in the Jungle
  • Happy Animals
  • I See a Bear, but...
  • Rory : An Orca's Quest For The Northern Lights (Ocean Tales Children's Books)
  • Mr. Hoopeyloops meets Rex, A Very Clumsy Boy (Explore Artists #3)
  • Red: A Crayon's Story
  • Celestina the Astronaut Ballerina (Big Ideas for Little Dreamers 2)
  • Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes
  • Yes Day!
  • Brian the T-Rex and the Summer Lemonade
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • Spike: The Penguin With Rainbow Hair (Ocean Tales Children's Books)
  • It Will be Okay: Trusting God Through Fear and Change (Little Seed & Little Fox)
  • What to Do When You're Feeling Blue
Mary Eakin is a graduate from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. For many years she worked as a graphic designer for companies across the U.S. including Hallmark’s Gift Book division where she designed over a hundred books. She co-wrote the children’s book The Amazing Journey to Grandma’s House with Cheryl Hawkinson. Mary was the designer on several Hallmark Interactive Storybooks, wh ...more

News & Interviews

When author TJ Klune was growing up, he never saw queer characters in books in a way that felt true to his experience.  “They were the...