Start by marking “Roommates (Soulmates, #1)” as Want to Read:
Roommates (Soulmates, #1)

Roommates

(Soulmates #1)

Jenny

I always liked him. But when our parents got married, things got confused. As if being a teenager isn't confusing enough.

All I knew was that the
Published May 31st 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Roommates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roommates

Start your review of Roommates (Soulmates, #1)
Coco.V
Aug 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (8/11/2019)! ...more
Amanda
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, new-adult
This book had some potential, but it lacked depth and believability, as well as a good copy editor. I don't buy that step-siblings would get together so easily, with neither parent making a big deal out of it. There was also a little too much choppy dialogue and internal monologue and not enough anything else. The relationship between Jenny and Ethan should have taken longer to develop and should have had a few more roadblocks.
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
description
~~3.5 stars~~ (IT WAS GOOD)
Sara (sarabara081)
Dec 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
I'll bump it up to 1.5 stars because at least I was curious enough to finish but otherwise pretty disappointing. I didn't care for the writing and this was a clear case of telling me these characters had feelings for each other instead of showing me. Too much inner dialogue of looking back way in the past when they apparently developed these feelings though it seemed like they barely interacted at all (and have barely seen each other since). And too much telling me they liked each other in the ...more
Mary McFarlane
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
It was alright. Kind of wish there would have been a bit more drama for them to over come but it was an easy fun read over all
Lauren
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it

Not a bad book, just not my cup of tea.
A little too cliché ...
Aly
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Nice romance

The beginning was a little slow for me. I kept waiting for something to happen. Then, half way through, things happened! We did get some nice romantic scenes that I appreciated. I didn't love the main characters. They just didn't have enough depth or anything to make them stand out. Their appearances weren't really described so it was hard to picture them. The story was okay. Overall it was an okay book but nothing spectacular.
Celestine
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
"Because I knew it couldn't last. When we woke up in the morning, I wasn't going to be his girlfriend or his lover or his dream come true. I'd just be his dirty little secret."

Hazel Kelly is good with an insightful phrase, and that is why I kept on reading this new adult love-fest between step-siblings. Not a lot happens, there is a lot of internal reflecting, and the expected conflict from family and friends is virtually absent. However, Ethan and Jenny carry a sweet, long-term awareness of one
Danny
I found this book for free on Amazon and it’s my first time reading anything by this author. I really like stepbrother romances and this one was really good.
I think the difference this book has to others in this genre is how, since Ethan’s first pov, it showed how he knew about his feelings, how he dealt with it and the secrets he had to keep in order to stay away and try to forget the things he couldn’t have. This was the best part. Ethan was amazing. He had such a good heart and after he
Dawn West
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating = 4.5

When you're still in love with someone after many years of being apart, who would let a little thing like being step-siblings get into the way of that, right?

This is my third read of this series. I read them entirely out of order but even if I had read this one first, I still would have continued the series. I liked all three books and their stories were vastly different, so it wouldn't be fair to choose a favorite. However, this might just be it!

This particular subject is a
JDRob
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
1 1/2 stars... Why did I continue?!

This is one of the shorter books that I've read this year... I finished it in a little less than 3 hours, but that may be because I skimmed half of it. The inner dialogue killed me... There was so much back and forth in their heads. The use of however...but still...because...anyway...in fact...besides at the beginning of Every. Single. Paragraph. This happens more in the beginning when the characters were still warming up to one another, but it was overkill
Debbie
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I read this book through Kindle Unlimited. This is my first book by this author. The writing style isn't one of my favorites. This book has more internal monologue than actual dialogue between the main characters. The story takes place within a two week time frame with the last chapter being three months later. The book is a short read with all the double spacing throughout every page and no where near a "real" 366 pages. Zero drama in this book.

Jenny has graduated college and goes to NY for an
Audra Ennis
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story!

Impressions given by not being open and communicative can follow you through years of life. The lives of Ethan and Jennifer could have turned out very different if not for the ups and downs. Read it so you can see for yourself how good comes to those who speak their minds rather than hide behind social stigma. You won't be disppointed!
Becca
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've never been one for stepbrother stories but I really enjoyed this one. I discovered Hazel Kelly through KU and I really enjoy her writing style and characters that are full of life that you can grab onto.
Emalie
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
~ Book provided by the author in exchange for my honest opinion

I wanted to write this review right when I got home, but I got distracted by the Germany vs. North-Ireland game. Anyway, here it is
J. Nathan
Stayed up until 2am reading this book. Super cute!
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
It has been quite some time since I have read a hot, forbidden stepbrother romance, so I decided after reading the blurb that I was ready and more than willing to step into Jenny and Ethan's world and try out a “new to me” author. It wasn't long into Roommates and Hazel Kelly had me in flames from all the repressed sexual tension and had my heart twisted from the myriad of emotions flowing between this unlikely couple! Ethan and Jenny had me burning the midnight oil waiting to see how these two ...more
Carmen Richter
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay...

I'm a sucker for a good forbidden romance, and this was definitely that. But it felt like there was too much build-up and not enough of the relationship after they decided to go through with it.
Elaine Wilson
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
He liked her in school, then their parents got married...!

Jenny had a huge crush on Ethan while they were at school. She saved him a seat next to her on the school bus and he just walked right past to sit with his buddies.
But her gesture never went unnoticed. Ethan saw, but couldn't sit there for fear of his crush being known and his mates taking their mocking out on her.

Both mutually attracted to each other, but both too frightened to admit it.

He was shipped off to boarding school, after being
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
Oh god. The sheer amount of SKIMMING I had to do.

MEH. Totally Meh.
A little birdie told me...
I would have loved to have given this four stars. However, there were some stylistic choices and one really big usage error the author kept repeating that I just couldn't forgive.

First, I'll explain what I loved. Both Ethan and Jenny are likable. Watching them overcome their past and fall in love was sweet and satisfying. I really liked how they supported and encouraged each other to pursue their dreams. I liked the humor and the romance equally.

Now, what I didn't care for is a bit longer
J♤Đ£
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A solid 3 stars...

Good writing. Okay storyline. I just needed something more. More conflict? More angst? More backstory? Just... more. Still an ok book though.
Renee
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ethan Fitzell has been avoiding his stepsister Jenny since their parents got married, but when she shows up at his apartment uninvited, he's forced to face the fact that her absence has only made his heart grow fonder... for Ethan, his Mom has passed, that part of his character's explanation doesn't come until about 50% in. Not at all typical. Bravo!

Jenny was so sweet and sort of naive when she got to New York City. She can act, sing and dance. She wants to be on Broadway.

Sounds so simple right?
Rebecca
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was another nice, easy and quick read; I’ve got to say the step sibling romance thing has not ever appealed to me until recently but now I find I really enjoy them. This book was something I just really enjoyed reading and I would definitely look into books by this author again.

The main characters are Jenny and Ethan, they were two teenagers who had crushes on each other but then their parents got married and effectively made any relationship between them impossible. Now Jenny has gone
Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Headline: I’m happy. This book made me happy.
I squealed, I laughed, I giggled and even did a happy dance, all while binge reading this book in one day. I am exhausted and ready to go to sleep, just so I can wake up tomorrow to read book 2 in the series. Speaking of reading the series, I have GOT to read the series before this too. Basically, I will binge reading Hazel Kelly’s books for next week or so. I fell in love so quickly with Jenny and Ethan and their story. The best part for me was there
Cecily Bonney
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Roommates was a funny feel good book. I enjoyed reading this book the entire time.

During this book I felt really back for the main characters because they both had this huge chemistry pull and then their parents decide to start dating. Their parents eventually got married and then that was over for them.

I felt so bad for him because he has been running for years and going through women like crazy just to get her out of his mind.

Then she graduates from college and needs a place to stay in the big
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this author that I have read and I must admit I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it, but it turned out to be a good read. I'm not usually a fan of the whole stepbrother/stepsister books, but I read the description and it intrigued me so I gave it a try and I'm really glad I did. I really enjoyed the dynamics between the two main characters, Ethan and Jenny. Ethan I immediately liked. He has that rough around the edges with so many layers you just want to peel ...more
Dena
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Not quite what I was expecting

I really was expecting turmoil and drama. I was quite surprised with how straight forward the characters were with their feelings. I also enjoyed the banter and lightness that radiated from the pages. The fact he didn't exploit other women was a great relief. The thing that bugged me was the lack of buildup with the parents it was like we talked it's over. I was a little let down.
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
The concept throw me off. It was a cute book but I found the relationship kind of weird.
Max
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
***SPOILERS***
Where do I begin...
Thank God for the "free" books via Kindle Unlimited.

I skimmed over slow parts. Pacing, lack of editing therefore weird writing style/habits, and too few stakes were the major issues with this book.

I'm all for taboo romance. Big fan. Not done often, and when done, rarely done well. The premise had promise. Sort of. I knew going in that I would find it annoying to understand their standoffish behavior toward one another when the background for their mutual
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Breaking the Rules
  • The Edge of Temptation (The Edge Series, #1)
  • Playing a Player (Sweet Cravings, #1)
  • Bad Teacher (Unprofessional Bad Boys, #1)
  • Depths of Lake (The McCain Saga, #3)
  • Almost Never
  • Mechanic with Benefits (Blackwell After Dark, #3)
  • Winning His Wife (Baby Daddy University, #1)
  • Yes Daddy (Dark Daddies #1)
  • Mine
  • Taken by You (Taken by You Book One)
  • Sold To The Wolves: Paranormal Menage Romance
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Wingman (Rascals #2)
  • Beginnings: A Romance Series Starter Collection
  • Clickbait (Courting San Diego, #1)
  • Beautifully Undone (The Beaumont Brothers, #3)
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
Hazel Kelly is an Amazon bestselling author who writes sweet and steamy romance that will make you smile all over.

When she's not traveling the globe in search of cozy hammocks to write in, she enjoys tackling her tbr list with a nice big glass of anything will do. She lives in Dublin with a charming Irishman and their three-legged furbaby.

For updates (and warm fuzzies!) follow Hazel on:
Facebook

Soulmates (8 books)
  • My Best Friend's Brother (Soulmates, #2)
  • The Boy Next Door (Soulmates, #3)
  • First Love (Soulmates #4)
  • Out of Bounds (Soulmates #5)
  • My Brother's Best Friend (Soulmates #6)
  • Neighbors (Soulmates #7)
  • Undercover Boss (Soulmates #8)
“But now I just want to be around people who fucking want to smile and have a good time.” 0 likes
“In fact, I felt so good going into tonight that I bought you a little something yesterday." I raised my eyebrows. "Can I eat it?" "No." "Can I wear it?" "No." I furrowed my brow. "Are you sure it's for me?” 0 likes