Start by marking “1985: Careless Whisper (Love in the 80s #6)” as Want to Read:
1985: Careless Whisper (Love in the 80s #6)

1985: Careless Whisper

(Love in the 80s #6)

James Stryker, the bad boy of our neighborhood, had a voice that could put babies to sleep. His name still punches me in the gut, along with the lie he tried to hide.
James told me he would protect me forever and I entrusted him with all my deepest, darkest secrets. I was positive that I knew all of his too…until the end of summer, in 1985.
What I found out ruined me. I co
Kindle Edition
Published June 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about 1985, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1985

Start your review of 1985: Careless Whisper (Love in the 80s #6)
Paula  Phillips
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it

I am slowly getting through the 1980's series , you know how you feel in the mood to read something and then you keep flicking through as nothing is grabbing your attention ? Then something sparks in your memory, of a series you brought the whole collection of but never got around to finishing . I was searching for something to read and then thought of the Love in the 80's series and wham bam - I arrived in the year 1985. Well technically, the book is set seven years later in 1992. This was diff
Stephanie
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review here! ...more
Tina
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was tearing up at the beginning of this because I have a similar relationship with my own grandmother (at the time of writing this I am lucky she is still with me), without the meddling.
I was disappointed the eighties part of this happened in the past and this was set in 1992.
I loved the friendships that existed before Grace left for college and the antics they got up to. Grace's new boyfriend didn't last long, not that I expected him to.
The plot was an interesting one and I both enjoyed the
Mischa
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
The ending and conclusion were both quite predictable, but nonetheless, the author made me so invested in the story I even almost cried at the end. Definitely an incredibly well-written installment.
My Bookbag by Karen
This book is a lot different from the previous books found in the Love in the 80’s series, so far. The story begins in 1992, and is moved along based on flashbacks to 1987. Those flashbacks focus on the perceptions of each member, as to what broke The Band.

I feel that the first half of the story moves rather slowly. It takes quite a while for the real plot to unfold. I actually wish that the book had started closer to halfway in, and then have extended beyond the finish.

I like the characters, ve
Dena
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unsure

I didn't know whether to give a 3 or a 4 * rating. The story was great especially the references that were appropriate for the era. We all make mistakes and learn from them. I was pretty much appalled at the grandmother she not only hurt the child she claimed to love but herself as well. I felt the middle to the end of the story was rushed. Like we needed to get the information out there before it combusted. What happened afterwards did they move on or have some resentment? We invest ourse
phoebess
So, this was something totally different. It wasn't story from the 80s, the main plot was set in 90s with some flashbacks from 80s. I'm pretty sure this book was titled as 1985 just because of that one sentence in which the year was mentioned. But this is just about the only thing I could fault this book.
It was perfect "second chance" love story—just not between two main characters, as I honestly expected, but among the whole group of friends who got separated by a few misguided actions and misu
Jiyoung
Sep 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, hmm-not-so-much
2.5stars.
Quick read.
I actually enjoyed the way twisted past came untangled, but one particularly frustrating Gada and weak ending were huge minus points for me.
Dini Annav
The idea of this novel was unique, I quite enjoyed it and I just laughed so hard for Shari's fate in the end, I hated the girl from the beginning of her appearance, and funny I never hated Lisa despite her being bitchy all the time, she was just interesting. The most annoying part was that in my opinion James wasn't worth it, he was quite boring character, all the guys here even Emilio were boring when the girls were interesting. ...more
Angélica
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I couldn't stop reading until the end

The only thing wrong about this book is that I felt like it wasn't finished. They know the truth, but a lot of things were unanswered. What did the will say? Do James and Grace get back together? Do Paul and Lisa get together and/or talk about what she did?

In all honesty the story was great, but it left me with more questions than answers.
Danielle
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book lacked most the 80's nostalgia that the other books in the series had. While the plot reminded me a little of The Big Chill, the story itself takes place in 1992. The characters reminisce about their teenage years in the 80's, but a good portion of it was done through conversation and not actual flashbacks, which wasn't really effective at all. ...more
kelly {BookCrushin}
4.5 stars! Fun, emotional, and well-worth the read.

I do like the novella length, as I feel so accomplished when I read it fast, but I really wanted more once I was all hooked into the story!

That's my immediate finished thoughts. Longer review to come!
Jes
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally loved this book! It sucked me in and took me on such a great ride, that ended in what can only be described as a literary hug. Misty Provencher never disappoints me, and this is another must-read.
NFLS
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
The most interesting plot in the anthology
Hema Vadivelu
Jan 03, 2017
Jae Lu
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Cliffhanger for me
Sophie Arsenault
rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2020
Sigrid
Jun 25, 2016

• Soul Medicine: Awakening Your Inner Blueprint for Abundant Health and Energy
  • Heart and Brain: Gut Instincts: An Awkward Yeti Collection
  • The Brigadier's Runaway Bride (The Dukes of War #5)
  • The Pirate's Tempting Stowaway (The Dukes of War #6)
  • All I Want (The Dukes of War, #8)
  • Bearly Magic
  • Dark Side Of The Moon
  • The Duke's Accidental Wife (Dukes of War, #7)
  • His Irish Coffee (The Cocktail Girls)
  • His Champagne (The Cocktail Girls)
  • His Mimosa (The Cocktail Girls)
  • His Whiskey Sour (The Cocktail Girls)
  • His Manhattan (The Cocktail Girls)
  • His Old Fashioned (The Cocktail Girls)
  • Life After Legend II (Legend, #3.75)
  • Life After Legend (Legend, #3.5)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Eternal Magic (Dragon's Gift: The Huntress #4)
Misty Provencher offers readers a shelf full of stories to enjoy.

Writing under Misty Provencher, her young adult genres include stories dealing in fantasy, including magic, sci-fi, vampires, shifters, and dark fantasy.

Writing under Misty Paquette, adult readers will enjoy contemporary beach-read romances, based-on-true event stories, a romantic 80s mystery, and even a sci-fantasy.

While Provenche

Love in the 80s (10 books)
  • 1980: You Shook Me All Night Long (Love in the 80s #1)
  • 1981: Jessie's Girl
  • 1982: Maneater (Love in the 80s #3)
  • 1983: Cruel Summer (Love in the 80s #4)
  • 1984: Against All Odds (Love in the 80s #5)
  • 1986: Why Can't This Be Love (Love in the 80s, #7)
  • 1987: (How Do I Get You) Alone (Love in the 80s #8)
  • 1988: Need You Tonight (Love in the 80s #9)
  • 1989: Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Love in the 80s #10)

News & Interviews