Start by marking “Brainchild (Brainrush, #4)” as Want to Read:
Brainchild (Brainrush, #4)

Read Book* *Different edition

Brainchild

(Brainrush #4)

The first three books in #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author Richard Bard’s Brainrush series garnered over 2,000 Amazon 5-Star reviews, setting the stage for the continuing story spanning three continents and two more books. With “Brainchild” (Brainrush 4) called “a high-speed thriller that ignites pages with scenes of action and suspense” by Kirkus Reviews, and “Smo ...more
Published January 10th 2015 by Richard Bard (first published December 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Brainchild, please sign up.
Patt Lisenbee yes, you do. You won't understand half of what is going on if you don't.,
Patt Lisenbee Absolutely is SO! No sex, some death, just like in any grown up adventure novel, involves a young boy and is very adventuresome book. A 12 year old wh…moreAbsolutely is SO! No sex, some death, just like in any grown up adventure novel, involves a young boy and is very adventuresome book. A 12 year old who loves to read would be entranced at all the Brainrush series books!(less)

Start your review of Brainchild (Brainrush, #4)
Kelly
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This audio book is a thrill ride, it's fast-paced and it will have you laughing, crying, gasping, shouting at the audible app (everyone does that, right?) and even cursing both Richard Bard and R.C. Bray.

The Duology is set 8 years after the events that happen in Beyond Judgement. Jake Bronson and his son are the primary focus although all of Jake's friends and family are back for the ride. As we've come to know, Bard always includes an enemy you want to see defeated and this book is no differen
Kelly
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A super fast read that made me absolutely thrilled that I started the whole thrill ride AFTER the second part of the duology was available. I didn't hesitate to buy the second/conclusion. I also didn't hesitate to start reading it. Well-written, fast paced and with characters you love. Can't wait to see more.
MAUDE LFOUNTAIN
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I loved everything about this book I really need to read the rest of the books from this one such a good page turner
Jeff
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good But Incomplete. As with any of the books in this series after BRAINRUSH, read the earlier books first. That said, the author introduces some new writing techniques into this book that are a refreshing change of pace, and that is most welcome. HOWEVER, the reason I dinged this book a star is because it feels like the author took one story and broke it into two - similar to how Hollywood did a lot of book to movie adaptations there for a while with the last book, except obviously here this is ...more
Linda
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC copy of this book from the author...

The first three Brainrush books were definitely awesome no doubt about it. Where this one takes you is beyond that and more. It is a duology but also a part of the Brainrush series too.

Jakes friends and family are in trouble again and it is up to him and Lacie to find and save them this time. His children manage to get lost in the jungle in the midst of a dangerous drug cartel. The ups and downs they are going through is awful and that is ju
Pat
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As an avid fan of the Brainrush trilogy it is very exciting to see the return of Jake Bronson in Richard Bard’s latest action packed, fast paced, white knuckle thrill ride, Everlast.

When Jake’s family is kidnapped he will do everything and anything in his power to save them. So begins a dangerous and deadly journey that will take you across continents, introduce you to a great cast of characters both good and evil and has all the ingredients needed for an unputdownable, engrossing, and cleverly
Patricia
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, adventure
Jake Bronson and his team: special ops skills + high-tech gadgets + intelligent + ingenuity + loyalty and a dash of luck as they race around the globe to catch the bad guys who kidnapped his family.

I was intrigued with the idea of thought-controlled actions and the treatment for wounded military personal learning to use artificial limbs and rebuild their lives.

Many of the actions and gadgets seem possible but I found the interaction between Jake's children and the bears a stretch and hard to bel
Dorothy
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
Ten Stars

As usual Richard Bard has done it again. Excellent, exciting, on the edge of your seat good. I am not sure how I am going to wait until Jan 10th to read part 2, but I think I will read the trilogy again just so I can keep Jake in my heart.
This book is for everyone, even those who forget how important it is to be close to family and the meaning of having good friends who have your back through thick and thin.
Kimberly Sparks
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great extension to the first Brainrush Thrillers

I read the Brainrush Thrillers and loved them. So I thought I would give these new books a look. And am I glad I did. The characters are just as intriguing and the players are just as bad as the first books. I think it's going to be a great ride with the perspective coming from Alex. I love the concept of the books as well.
Edward
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read the previous three Brainrush thrillers as well. The first one was a tour de force, an easy five stars. The second one really wasn't that good. The third one and this one were solid, captivating reads and I will be looking for the next one when it comes out. I think Richard Bard may have screwed himself a little by setting the bar so high with the first one!
Sherry
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it...I have read the other in the series and loved them also. They are full of adventure that keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time and you are disappointed when it's done as leaves you wanting more. The characters are very real and likable and especially Jake. He would do anything, risk anything to save somebody...I can't wait until the next book comes out....10 days.
Steve
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Brainrush series never lets me down! Everest is a thrill ride that raises the stakes by spreading the Bronson family across the globe while putting everyone Jake cares about in dire jeopardy. If you thought The Grid was the greatest threat Jake would ever face, think again! 5-stars, hands down!
Brahna Derr
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was just as thrilling & fast paced as the previous Brainrush books. It's one of those books that you can't put down.

This is the first book of the Everlast duology. The second is due out in about 3 weeks. I'm expecting it to be as exciting as this book was.
Mark
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First-class reading entertainment from this hugely talented author. I'm about to start the follow-on, "Ephemeral".
Fred
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in the series. The story moves from California to Italy to China. It's always exciting with unexpected twists and turns to the plot. At the end of the book there was a teaser of the next installment of the story: Smoke and Mirrors. I just couldn't resist, I had to get it and I'm now reading it. This is a book for anyone who wants to get so engrossed in a book, time is forgotten.
Susan H Garris
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brainchild

This is Alex's story. Jake continues to be sought out and this time it's the brainchild of a couple who lost their lives when the mountain blew and filled with lava in book three. Alex, Ahmed and Sarafina are kidnapped and have escaped. They are saved by a bear and then a monk and are being taken to their parents at the close of the story.
Walter J. Bohrn
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I've said before, Richard Bard is a master story teller.

When I finish one of his Brainrush novels, I can't wait to pick up the next. I like his development of family ties and values as well as enduring friendship s. I hope to read many more of his books
Wilma
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was not nearly as good as the previous three. It was mostly about the children of Jake's it was exciting but not nearly as good as the others. I may read the next two books also.

This poor family never gets a break to just live a normal life.
Ralph Michael Savage
I really enjoyed this book (and the rest of the series too!) Especially since I used to work in NMR. Fun book and great characters to fall in love with... If you need to escape for a bit jump into this series!
Josiah
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Be prepared to buy #5 immediately as the story continues immediately. One of the better scifi fantasy books out there.
Cindy Scheffler
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story with great characters and a nice steady pace. Now I have to get the next one in the series to find out what happens next.
Shirley Steele
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each new book makes me want to read the next.

I usually don't buy books but #1 in the series got me hooked. Now I'm ready to start # 5. Can't wait for it to download.
Paula
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmmm, cliffhanger. Not nice. Bit of a different perspective on this one, and I'm not sure I like it. Will reserve judgement for after the next one.
Wendy
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Wendy by: Goodreads/First Reads
"Everlast" the first book in the Everlast Doxology which I won through Goodreads/First Reads is a gripping, action-packed thrill-ride that begins when Jake Bronson's family and friends are kidnapped by Jiaolong (aka Daniel de Vries) who wants vengeance against the man who was instrumental in the explosion that killed his parents. The grandson of brilliant scientist and founder of Everlast Institute -Frederik de Vries- who is on the brink of a breakthrough in extending human life, Jiaolong has us ...more
Chris Miles
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not normally a large reader of science fiction and had not read any of Richard Bard's previous works so I was not sure what to expect when commencing Everlast. However, I can now say that I am definitely a fan of Richard Bard! This book was extremely hard to put down and even had me up past 1:00am reading it until my eyes succumbed to sleep. My main genre of reading is crime and legal thrillers, with authors like David Baldacci, John Grisham, James Patterson and Richard North Patterson amon ...more
Rosalind Black
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was fast paced and action packed, definitely a "Can't put it down" book. I have not read the Brainrush series which came before this, so some of the back story was a little hazy, so it's probably best to read in order. However even if you don't, it's still really easy to enjoy the book. What I like about it is that it was written in an intellectual way, not doubting the intelligence of the reader, using colourful and descriptive language, yet still keeping with the fast pace - somethin ...more
Teresa Bateman
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book and its sequel "Ephemeral" through the Goodreads giveaway program and, to be frank, I had my doubts. The books I've won have been a mixed bag. Now I am left wondering--why have I never heard of this author before? I'm also going to have to get and read his previous books. This book was all-action all the time and reads just like a movie. In fact, I'd LOVE to see a movie baed on the book. Jake Bronson saved the world in the past, but practically nobody knows it. Now his family and ...more
Lynn Hallbrooks
I loved this book so much that I couldn't wait to read the next book in the series.

This is a mixture of Science Fiction, International Intrigue, and Family Drama genres.

Jake is alerted to the potential danger to his family and friends. As he is in the process of getting to them, he, his family, and friends are being attacked at almost the same time. Most were abducted, while others barely escaped. Love drives those looking for their family and friends to do things, they never thought they could.
Coleen
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG what a constant rush! cranky though I cant get next book.
Jenee Rager
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1st-reads, thriller
I had never read a book by Richard Bard before I won this one through a Goodreads giveaway. I feel like I've definitely been missing out. Everlast was fastpaced and exciting, and the cliffhanger ending was so amazing that I simply will probably die if I don't read the second book in this series.

The point of view mainly shifts between four characters, Alex, his dad Jake, their friend Lucy, and the bad guy Jialong. Jialong sets up a series of global kidnappings that take out Jake, Alex, Lucy, and
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ghost (Sam Prichard #10)
  • The Grave Man (Sam Prichard #1)
  • Homer's Odyssey
  • American Demon (The Hollows, #14)
  • Code Black (Donovan Nash #2)
  • The Killer Clown Calamity (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery, #7)
  • The Triangle
  • Arcadian Genesis (Alex Hunter, #0.5)
  • The Portal (Delphi Group, #2)
  • Absolute Proof
  • Devil Days in Deadwood (Deadwood, #11)
  • World Order (Noah Wolf #14)
  • Order of Succession: Getting Away with Murder (Brian Sadler Archaeological Mystery #5)
  • Riviera Gold (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes, #16)
  • Unknown Evil (Noah Wolf #12)
  • Edge of Anarchy  (Noah Wolf #11)
  • What Lies Beneath (Cassie McGraw #1)
  • Black Harvest (Noah Wolf #13)
Richard Bard draws on his own experiences as a former USAF pilot and cancer survivor to craft compelling characters who risk it all for love and loyalty. Born in Munich, Germany, to American parents, he joined the United States Air Force like his father. But he left the service when he was diagnosed with cancer and learned he had only months to live. He earned a management degree from the Universi ...more

Brainrush (7 books)
  • Brainrush (Brainrush #1)
  • The Enemy of My Enemy (Brainrush, #2)
  • Beyond Judgment (Brainrush, #3)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (Brainrush, #5)
  • No Refuge (Brainrush Series Book 6)
  • Against All Odds (Brainrush, #7)