Start by marking “Second Twin (Legend of Rhyme, #4)” as Want to Read:
Second Twin (Legend of Rhyme, #4)

Second Twin

(Legend of Rhyme #4)

Grimblerod has led twins Asher and Ariana Caine back to ancient Rhyme, a time when Calla and Elora were the same age the twins are now. Though the Kingdom of Falmoor is rich with magic, the twins are unable to use their powers. They don’t know whom to trust, where to turn, or how to avoid doing something in the past that may alter the future forever.

Meanwhile, young
Published September 6th 2016 by Blue Moon Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Second Twin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Twin

Start your review of Second Twin (Legend of Rhyme, #4)
Elaine
This is the fourth book in the series and I’ve read and reviewed the earlier three novels in the children's science fiction/fantasy series. This one brings together many of the strands introduced in the earlier three novels so I definitely recommend reading them first! I had really enjoyed the earlier novels and was keen to discover how things would work out for everyone. It is another action packed, time travelling story with messages being sent from the future to inform past selves, ...more
Kate Matson
Summary:
Meanwhile, young Teagan Rogers must decide if she is ready to leave behind everything and everyone she knows to follow her mysterious
Clare O'Beara
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult-sff
I'm losing patience with this series I'm afraid. The cover picture is lovely as ever. The story though continues the cliff hanger endings, which I dislike. The story is now split among different characters in different worlds and different times, none of whom is interacting with the other worlds. A new reader to this fourth book will not have a clue what is happening or who anyone is; they might as well be reading a set of short stories. Dialogue is not enough to hold attention. And please, stop ...more
Nicole N. (A Myriad of Books)
Thanks to Netgalley.com and Blue Moon Publishers for giving me a free digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Another delightful read and sequel from Mann!

I've followed this book from the beginning and while I wish some parts were longer and that there was more depth to some characters and the plot, I always get a little excited diving back into a magical, fantastical world.

Each book takes place right as the other left off and this is no different. A lot has
Di
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it

This is the fourth book in the Legend of Rhyme series which is a lovely little children's fantasy series full of adventure, magic and some great takeaway messages.

The books have actually seemed to mature slightly with each instalment which is great for children reading along although the books are short and sweet so it doesn't take very long to get through them. This one was the longest so far but it too ended on a cliffhanger and my biggest complaint is that I'm not sure when the
Susan Angela Wallace
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an arc from net galley in exchange for an honest review. Grimblerod has led the twins Asher and Ariana Caine back to ancient Rhyme, a time when cailla and Clara were the same age the twins are now. Though the kingdom of Falmoor is rich with magic. Wow. Absolutely fantastic read. CNPID. Devoured in less than 24 hours. I love this series. Would be great to see this as a mini series. Can't wait for next part. This is most definitely a must read and I would highly recommend this ...more
MartyAnne
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it
This many books into the story, I felt like I must keep going. I think I was having a cranky day or something, but all the switching of ALL the characters in past and present, I felt like too many witches were stirring the cauldron. It s dizzying to follow so many characters. I am not sure how else the plot could be put forth, but this left me feeling I had had at least one too many spins.
Magda Żmijan
Today I've got for you four stories that made me switch to the child mode :). There are magical, colorful, full of fantastic creatures and have the strong good vs evil factor. Sounds good, right? Well, let's get to details.

One small warning - since I'll be writing about the whole series, each next story might start with a spoiler for the previous book. I'll try to avoid them, but it will be hard.

First of all, I love the covers, you can already see it's going to be a fantastic journey for
Stacey Kym
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided by Blue Moon Publishers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Review

‘Second Twin’ is the fourth instalment in the 'Legend of Rhyme' series and one that I really looked forward to. I originally fell in love with this series because of the kindness and tranquility it emitted. It felt like one of those bedtime fairytales which stay with you for a long time. 'Second Twin' was either going it exceed all my expectations, or let me down... And I really hoped for

Rosemary Standeven
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
This book is a fast and furious trip through time and space, through the fairy and human realms. It provides the background to the series: the history of the founding of Coraira, and of Rhyme, the family tree of Elora with her descendants and ascendants, and of the love affair between Grimblerod and Freya. All the favourite – and most hated – characters are back.
In potentially world shattering paradoxes,
Julie
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
What I expected:
This is book 4 in the series, based around the Caine family. The last book in the series ended with Ariana and Asher being transported to another time. It seemed like a trick played on them by Grimblerod, who had his own agenda. I was anticipating that I'd read more about Asher, Arian and Teagan; and the developments in their adventures. The previous books have all been reasonably short books, so I anticipated a reasonably quick read too.

What it was:
Of all the books in the
Wanda Maynard
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

At the snap of a finger I am swept off to another fantasy world with a mystifying twist of fate, along with some beautiful mind pictures that will stay with this reader for a while. Ever since I was a small child I have enjoyed reading about these mythical creatures because they have always fascinated me in so many ways. And, the more I read about them, the more interesting they become.
SECOND TWIN, by Jaime Lee Mann had just the right amount of mystery, along with a whiff of magic to help
Kelly
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
In Second Twin, we are introduced to a lot more backstory. This makes a lot of sense, because at the end of Teagan of Tomorrow, a spell gone wrong brings the twins way back into the past. Here, we learn more about Teagan's parentage, the twins' respective destinies, Elora and Calla's past, and Gimblerod's curse and backstory.

I think it was here that I noticed a lot more discrepancies (compared to the previous books), but at the same time, it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the book
Susan
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gimblerod is leading the twins back in time when Falmouth is full of magic, except the twins can't use their magic. Why? Asher and Ariana don't know who to trust. Why? They are afraid to do anything that might change the future. Teagan has discover her heritage under the sea. Her parents are dead. Will Teagan decide to live under the sea than go back? What will happen to the twins?

Though the book is detailed, I read this book last night before going to sleep. I enjoyed the different perspectives
Nova MacIsaac
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Second Twin" is the first of this series that I read without putting it down. Although I am aware this book is geared for kids, I still enjoyed the action, characters and the imagery. There are so many images in this book that you can see so vividly, there is no doubt in my mind that it should be a movie.
I eagerly await "Blood and Stars!"
Debbie
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first half of the book I was confused which did continue on in the second half of the book, but less. Because of shifting between different times and places within the world happened very often and very quickly. So I had a bit trouble keeping track of what was happening and who we were following. But the ending totally made up for it. That is a plot twist I didn’t see coming, but I love it!
Hazel
Sep 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This eBook was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

With the twins, Ariana and Asher, lost in the past, and Teagan suddenly thrust into the magical realm of Coraira, the Legend of Rhyme series becomes even more dangerous and exciting. Second Twin is the fourth book of Jaime Lee Mann’s fantasy series for middle grade children (i.e. 8-13 year olds). Containing most of the key characters that readers are already familiar with, a new, sinister individual is
Kasey Cocoa
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, fantasy
This is the fourth book, in case you didn't already realize that, and a prime example of an author that continues to grow. Jaime's first book was a little bit rough around the edges, but this 4th installment really shines. I'm impressed with her continued growth and ability to accept and apply constructive criticism from her readers. I'm also very impressed with the growth her characters have had through the four books. It's one thing to have children in a series, but to have them grow and ...more
Pamela Scott
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Professional Reader

I was given an ARC of this book by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Second Twin is the kind of book I’d have loved as a child. What kid doesn’t adore books filled with magic and fairies and magical lands? I’ve read the other books in the Legend of Rhyme series and really enjoyed them. Second Twin is just as enjoyable. The plot really starts to take shape in this book and I felt I knew the characters pretty well. The structure of the novel is quite complex for children
Jacqui
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the 4th in the Rhyme series and is a fantasy adventure aimed at middle grade children.

Grindlerod has taken Asher and Ariana to a time when Elora and Calla are much the same age as they are. Now that they know what Elora became, how can they possible trust her? A stranger then enters their lives with the promise of help. After all they have been through is it wise to trust him? Meanwhile Teagan is learning what it's like to become a mermaid, but will she be happy enough to make it
Betsy
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, 2016
I received a copy of this e-book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

This is book four in the Legend of Rhyme series. I have been lucky enough to read books one through three prior to this one, so I was ready for the next book. What I thought this was the last book, wasn't. Honestly, I was a little disappointed. This great build up and another freaking cliff hanger! So annoying!

Anyway, on to my opinions. This book only gets three starts (3.5 if I could) because it just
Arlene Arredondo
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childern-s-book
Loved the other titles from Legend of Rhyme, but with this one the author goes to a whole new level.
The story takes more form and becomes more interesting as we travel in time back and forth unraveling details that will give more depth to the characters we become to love.
If you haven't read the other installments, you can understand the story, but I'm sure you'll want to read the others. (well, your child would like to know what happened).
This is perfect as a bed time story and having quality
Ellen
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
The last of the ARC copies provided to me by Blue Moon Publishers and Netgalley is complete. Beware! It is a cliffhanger! I know many of the folks who read my reviews can't stand being left on a cliffhanger while the writer is still slaving away on the conclusion.

Now I understand a little bit more why Mann took us to the present day in book three. There's a lot of time shifting in this book. It's handled well though and the setting is clearly defined in each time. I think I also know why Mann
Sean Talbot
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was quite shocked at how well this book was pulled off. in the previous book I was a bit disappointed as it didn't have the same charm of the other ones.

In this book the special and unique abilities have returned making this a wonderful and easy read.

The only part that I dislike is the ending which seems to always leave off on a cliff hanger.
Chance Macisaac
Jacob
rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2016
Jaime Mann
Jun 04, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
T.J. Burns
Maciej
Aug 04, 2016
elixir cortex
Sep 23, 2016
When Jaime Lee Mann was nine years old, she decided that she would be an author when she grew up.

Many years later, Jaime Lee’s children would beg her to tell them stories at bedtime. Sometimes her stories were silly and sometimes they were magical.

The girls loved one of her magical stories so much that Jaime Lee decided to write it down. That story would eventually become Elora of Stone, the first

Legend of Rhyme (7 books)
  • Elora of Stone (Legend of Rhyme, #1)
  • Into Coraira (Legend of Rhyme #2)
  • Teagan of Tomorrow (Legend of Rhyme, #3)
  • Blood and Stars (Legend of Rhyme, Book #5)
  • Stir of Shadows (Legend of Rhyme, Book #6)
  • Ancient Fall (Legend of Rhyme, #7)