Start by marking “The Firework Exploded (The Holidays, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Firework Exploded (The Holidays, #3)

The Firework Exploded (The Holidays #3)

Sam and Noel's whirlwind Christmas romance shot through Valentine's Day and is exploding on the Fourth of July!

"You should get married on the 4th," they said. "It will be so romantic," they said.

Did you know that during a pyrotechnic display, a single firework travels 481 feet per second and can take out a small village? Did you know it can also singe the ball hair off o
ebook
Published July 1st 2016 (first published June 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Firework Exploded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Firework Exploded

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Firework Exploded is book three in The Holidays series by Tara Sivec. From the beginning this series has been full of hilarity, a family so crazy they will have you crying from laughing so hard, and plenty of sweet and sexy moments as well. I believe this third book has outdone it’s predecessors on all accounts.

fireworks gif

Sam and Noel are finally getting married. They got engaged on Valentine’s day so why not have the wedding on the Fourth of July?! If you have read the previous books in this series,
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
Although I didn't love this one as much as I did the first two (this one seemed to drag a little) this is still one HELL of a funny series.

"This is what Bev used to do back in the day when Lucifer’s Waterfall was upon us every month, he continues quietly. She’d get me all docile and relaxed, and then BAM! She’d whittled a shiv out of a spatula and had it against my neck because I left the toilet seat up."

"I love you, Mrs. Holiday-Stocking, more than anything.”

As much as I love Noel and Sam, it
Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
4 just for the laughs stars

photo goingtopee_zps5iinprbh.jpg

I am in love with this family!!! I will read every book put out with this family in it :) I think it might have something to do with my family being a little nuts but nowhere near as nuts as the Holidays.

This instalment follows Noel and Sams life for the weeks leading up to their 4th of July wedding. Yes the things that happen are OTT ridiculous but that just made me laugh more.

I love Noels job as a greeting card writer and the sarcastic and crude greetings she comes
Gi's Spot Reviews
Funny as hell too, with so many LMAO moments, but the first two remain unbeatable!!! Nonetheless it's still one of the most hilarious series I have ever read!
I hope we have more from the Stocking-Holiday family!!! ;)
Cyndi
Jun 01, 2016 Cyndi rated it really liked it
This series is a lot of fun to read. Even though some of it is totally over the top it's still laugh out loud funny! I love Sam and Noel- their relationship is really sweet and they have great chemistry. I hope we get more books for these two. I would love to see them with kids!
Also - hint to Tara Sivec- Halloween is a great holiday to center a book around!!! :)
Barbara➰
So freaking hilarious. I literally laughed out loud so many times.

“HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, MOTHER FUCKERS! ’MURICA!”
Nicole
Enjoyed it, but not as much as the first two books in the series. I felt that at times, it tried too hard to be funny.
Viviana
Jul 08, 2016 Viviana rated it really liked it
4 inappropriate stars!!!

Haha. This family always makes me laugh so much!!!! They are inappropriate unexpected loud dirty? The list is endless. But not any less funny.

♡Tonya♡
If you have read the first two books in this series, then you will know exactly what to expect with this one! Ornery, OTT, sometimes raunchy humor. This is the story of Sam and Noel's wedding (and the time leading up to it). With a family like the Holiday's, nothing will ever go smoothly. This group is a hazard to society and I wish I could hang out with them for a day. Was it far fetched? absolutely. ...was it over the top? absolutely. ...will I read a 4th book if it's released? Abso-freaking-l ...more
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
3.5 Stars

Always a pleasure to read about the Holiday-Stocking crazies. The Shewee scene and the phone-vibrating scenes were hilarious. A little less extremeness in some scenes would've been good though i think, it was absurd, and i liked that, i like that it doesn't take itself seriously, and i love the characters in all their craziness, but sometimes there was a little too much OTT and i was left lost.
Denna✌
Jun 24, 2016 Denna✌ rated it really liked it
Hilarious! If you want a good laugh read this book. I was laughing so hard at Turd Ferguson I thought I might wake my husband and kids! I hope there will be more books in this series, I would love one with a pregnancy/baby.
Anas Attic  Book Blog
REVIEW_exploded
The Firework Exploded (The Holidays 3) by Tara Sivec
Romantic Comedy. Does not stand alone.
I was mourning the end of my beloved series, The Chocolate Lovers & Chocoholics Series by Tara Sivec. I thought there was no way I would ever laugh a tampon out of my vag or a Dorito out of my nose again. Then The Holidays Series started, and yeah, it happened again. Weirdly enough, Tara releases books with my cycle, because I swear, I have had this issue too many times. But luckily, I was wearing a p
MountainKat
Fun and funny! The crassness almost went too far, I still enjoyed it though. Very typical Tara Sivec, if you like that, you will enjoy this series as well.
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 01, 2016 Red Cheeks Reads rated it really liked it
“The firework is lit, but never explodes.”

The Holiday’s series by Tara Sivec is a fun and silly series and this newest book, The Firework Exploded is no different. Now don’t go into this story (or series) looking for high drama, which should be evident by the covers and blurbs but just in case, but expect to laugh your ass off and have a simple happy and silly feeling.

‘There is no way I’m going to let the love of my life die from a heart attack or never be able to have sex with me again just
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
5 Stars
“Just give me a few minutes to recover and we can try again!” If my vagina had a voice and hands, she’d most likely scream, “THE F@K YOU SAY?” while smacking me across the face. THIS right here is why I love Tara and one of the many reasons I loved this book!
This is the family from hell, they are hilarious, accident prone, and honestly one of the best I have ever read.
Sam and Noel really need to learn the value of communication, the fact that they haven’t allots for some really funny mom
Kelli Spear
Jul 02, 2016 Kelli Spear rated it really liked it
Funny and cute in typical Sivec fashion. I have come to love and enjoy the Holiday family and their quirky stories. I could read about them every holiday, every year for eternity.

As always, things are over-the-top. It's expected and I'd be pissed if Tara held back in any way. Aunt Bobbie is still the best, but Reggie is a close second with all his milk references. LOL

And, I have an all new appreciation for Mr. Ed.

(Note: the editing could use some work. Creaton in place of cretin. A few incorrect
Tammi
Jun 02, 2016 Tammi rated it it was amazing
Oh Good Lord! Tara Sivec writes comedy like no other. Everytime I read one her books my stomach hurts from laughing and anyone in the room thinks I have lost my mind.
The Holiday family is Inappropriately Hilarious!! I love them.
Noel and Sam are getting married and since the family is involved you know nothing will be normal or go as planned. And it doesnt!! Zombie cats, very strange butter incidents, drug laced Rice Crispy Treats, erectile dysfunction, and more made this a book I couldn't put d
Selina
Jul 05, 2016 Selina rated it it was amazing
Loved this series, too funny
Jaime
Love this series, Tara Sivec never fails to make me laugh. I really hope there is more of the Holiday family.
Franci Neill
Jul 02, 2016 Franci Neill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Bottle Rocket Stars!!!
This is going to be short and sweet!! Tara never ceases to amaze me with how she can make a book come to life with her words, her over the top, in a good way, sense of humor and I KNOW every time I pick up one of her funny books, I'm going to be literally laughing by ass off!

This is book is no different. I laughed from the first page to the last. The family and their planning of this wedding, what Noel dreamed what she wanted her wedding to be and what actually happened
Trinesha
Dec 21, 2016 Trinesha rated it liked it
Noel and Sam are getting married, but there's a cloud hanging over their relationship because neither of them are willing to talk to each other about what's bothering them. Add in Noel's crazy family and everything that could go wrong leading up to the big day and you've got The Firework Exploded.

I still like Noel and Same, but OMG there was just so much going on in this story. This book was funny in parts, but a bit unbelievable and over the top in others. I did find myself laughing out in cer
Cupcakemummy
Jul 27, 2016 Cupcakemummy rated it really liked it
Tara NEVER disappoints. I needed a laugh and that's what I got. I love how dead honest these are as well, I had this Mr Ed issue with a person before where Mr Ed didn't finish the race even though he ran it because medication so I could nod my head to fucking everything and man oh man I laughed. From zombie cats to strippers with frozen nipples.

The Holiday family needs to adopt me, but sort of as a friend so I can run away when Mrs Holiday starts planning shit or eating rice krispie treats haha
Quirky Omega
3 words.

Singed ball hair.

As expected from Tara Sivec, she doesn't fail to simultaneously horrify and amuse me. I do think it dragged at certain instances but a batshit crazy transgender aunt, an overbearing and inappropriate mom and a violent and hilariously psycho father, I am ready to forgive that slight misdeed.

I am a little worried that Tara Sivec maybe overdoing the miscommunication-leading-to-humorous-situations plot too much.
Shera Layn ~ Book Lovers Obsession
I seriously cannot get enough of this family. I mean come on now, if you pick up these books from Tara Sivec and don't bust a gut laughing, I would have to ask what is wrong with you and that you seek help immediately. Sam and Noel are hilarious and her family. OH MY GOD the family. Aunt Bobbie, her dad and even her mother. Sweet bajaysus the whole lot of them are off the hook crazy funny. Oh and Scheva, I need to be friends with you. In the worst way! Absolutely FANTASTIC!
Karen
Jul 04, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
Unfortunately, this wasn't the best in the series. The over-the-top characters and the unrealistic situations took over the story. I felt that the situations were too drawn out and had no real point except to try to produce some laughs. If I can mentally edit those parts out, I can say that I still enjoy Sam and Noel and am hoping that if this series continues that TS will go back to what was initially great, which is the connection between Sam and Noel.
Robin Gardner
Jul 02, 2016 Robin Gardner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No one can make me laugh out loud like you, Tara Sivec.

What's funny is I've had some of the things happen to me that happened in this story, not quite as humorously, but still...

It did get a bit ridiculous there for a minute, but overall, it was enjoyable. I hope there will be another segment in the tales of Noel and Sam.
Beatriz
Jun 13, 2016 Beatriz rated it it was amazing
If you haven't started reading this series then you are missing so much! I could not stop laughing with every page. Every holiday just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for another one (and I do hope there will be one) and see more of Sam and Noel's crazy family.

5 STARS FOR MISTER ED!!!
Anna
Jul 02, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it
So so funny! Taras books always make me laugh and this one was no exception. The Holidays are one of my favorite quirky book families and I'm hoping there are more holidays I get to experience with this family.
Melissa
Jun 01, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny
Omg just when i thought Tara couldn't get any possibly more hilarious, she comes out with this! This series is a must read-- but spoilers-- pee before you start reading, you will be laughing your ass off!!
Kathy Mckee
Jul 01, 2016 Kathy Mckee rated it it was amazing
Very good cute, made me laugh out load. Love books like this.
  • Cream of the Crop (Hudson Valley, #2)
  • Heart Broke (Hard Rock Roots, #8)
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
  • A Wildly Seductive Night (Seductive Nights #3.5)
  • The Randy Romance Novelist
  • Searching for Disaster (Searching For, #4.6)
  • Curvy When Wet (Heroes Out of Uniform, #2)
  • Four Letter Word (Dirty Deeds, #1)
  • The Big O
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • Entrapment (Infidelity, #4)
  • It's a Wonderful Tangled Christmas Carol (Tangled, #4.5)
  • Cupcake (Sticky Sweet, #1)
  • Bad Boy's Wedding
  • Lucky Ball
  • Beautiful (Beautiful Bastard, #5)
  • Hitched: Volume Two (Imperfect Love, #2)
  • Gun Shy
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of
More about Tara Sivec...

The Holidays (4 books)
  • The Stocking was Hung (The Holidays, #1)
  • Cupid Has a Heart-On (The Holidays, #2)
  • The Bunny is Coming (The Holidays, #4)