Start by marking “The Six of Crows Duology Boxed Set (The Six of Crows, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
The Six of Crows Duology Boxed Set (The Six of Crows, #1-2)

The Six of Crows Duology Boxed Set

(The Six of Crows Duology #1-2)

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. The gripping Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom duology, by #1 New York Times-bestselling author Leigh Bardugo, is now available in a stunning hardcover boxed set.

Follow Kaz and his crew into a world of magic and mayhem as they attempt to pull off—and survive—the job of a lifetime.
Published September 27th 2016 by Henry Holt & Company

Start your review of The Six of Crows Duology Boxed Set (The Six of Crows, #1-2)
Kai
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, owned
I just ordered this.

I just received this.

description

The books, covers, writing and plot and all are outstanding.

description

However the box is low quality and rips easily.

description

Apart from that it's probably one of the best series ever. Am I right?

description

Find more of my books on Instagram
Aug 05, 2016 marked it as duplicate-books
This is another series that is just begging to be bought in Hardback. Not only was Six of Crows a five star read that I totally adored but those covers and the pretty sprayed edges just have to be mine!

I don't think you actually need to buy the duology to get the sprayed edges (I think the hardbacks come with them anyway but I could be wrong about that). The slipcover is just really thin cardboard & doesn't really add anything special but it worked out cheaper this way than buying the books
Micheline Ryckman
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Clever and well composed tales with intriguing diverse characters that are woven into a unique world.
Ivy
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

The series was very good. Another excellent installment in the Grishaverse. Hope to see cameos some time from the characters in the future if possible.
Emily Anne
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All fans of fantasy
WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME HOW AMAZING SIX OF CROWS IS? *scrolls through goodreads* Oh wait all my friends have rated it 5 stars and have shouted its praises. Huh.

Well, anyway, I have just finished bawling my eyes out at the ending of Crooked Kingdom and I have been obsessively pinning fan art on Pinterest. It's safe to say I am obsessed.

So let's talk about some special things from The Dregs... six to be precise. (This list is pretty much spoiler free. There's not much you won't get from the first
Siobhan
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Six of Crows duology spent a very long time sitting on my to-read list, a duology I was super intrigued about but as also worried about due to the hype. I convinced myself to read the Grisha trilogy first, though, to get an idea of the world – and as I had hoped, I was more than willing to dive into this duology for more.

Honestly, it was such a wonderful duology. It was very different to the Grisha trilogy, but that only made it enjoyable in different ways. With so much going on in this one,
Sebastián Tyrer
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure!

I must say, that since a special someone "pitched" this series of books to me, and ramble about it non stop, I knew it was worth reading. when you can see that spark on someone as they speak about something that they love. You can't push that aside and ignore it.

So I took my shot, and bought the books. Started reading, and just couldn't stop. The universe itself is so vast and full of possibilities. I must admit I took my breaks, not because I got bored of the book, but because
Rajkumar Pagey
Shelves: fantasy
Six people have been, among the many in this vile city, dealt a really bad hand.
This story is about how these broken people persevere and try their best to change their fortunes.

This story is set inside the Grishaverse, which is a really intriguing world.
You don't need to read anything in Grishverse else before you read this one, but by the end of this duology, you'll understand that you'll be left wanting more.
Also, the ending of the duology, even though very satisfying and complete in it's own
Wisty
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't help myself.
I went to Barnes and Noble on Black Friday, saw this, fainted, woke up, and bought it.
How could I not own a set of one of my favorite series of all time? I'm staring at the books right now, resting nicely next to my Infernal Devices Boxed Set, and I can't stop smiling. I keep running over, flipping the books open to random pages, and just reading.
And those specific scenes in Crooked Kingdom that made me explode? Now I can read them whenever I want!
Money well spent.
Payton
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Re-read Six of Crows, fun fact this book gets better every time you read it. I am SO in love with these characters. Choosing the box set was the only way for me to indicate I re-read it and wasn't reading for the first time. I tried to select a different format of six of crows but it wouldn't work for me. Really wish there were a way on Goodreads to indicate a re-read; I'm really annoyed about it.
Stas
The more I think about this series the more meh I get.
Very ambivalent about it.
There is a part I will NEVER forgive the author. (oh you know... that one) What was the point of it? More drama?

It's entertaining and pretty dark, but hardly as spectacular as all the hype paints it to be.
It's a fun and (mostly) engaging read, especially 2nd book.
I did not care for the ending - a little too neat, in parts left me deeply sceptical.

FINAL VERDICT : TRY IT
Joya
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall series review: 5/5 stars

Six of Crows 5/5 stars
Six of Crows I have read twice. Once the year that it came out. Once recently so that I could finally continue on with the duology. And let me tell you: I loved it even more the second time I read it. Leigh Bardugo is truly one of my favorite authors and I think she may actually be a genius for all the things that she comes up with. The cast of characters in this book just made me so happy and I truly do not have enough words to describe all
Livian LaVine
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Six of Crows is one of the best fantasy books I have ever read, trumped only by its sequel, Crooked Kingdom. It is so different from other fantasy books I have read. It completely side-steps the "chosen one" narrative. Many fantasy books follow the theme of, "I must go on a magical quest to save (insert subject) with my slightly two-dimensional sidekicks! Onward!"
Six of Crows is completely different. Everyone is important, and everyone has a story. No one is perfect. In a weird way, this is one
Tattooed Bibliophile
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SIX OF CROWS

First, I would like to state for posterity that Hatchette Books is AMAZING for releasing these regular editions with sprayed edges, so that a beautiful book can also be affordable! So YAY THEM!

Have you read the Grishaverse Shadow and Bone series? If you haven't, you don't necessarily have to. You can start with this one, although I do recommend starting with Shadow and Bone just to read them chronologically. Definitely don't move on to King of Scars before reading Shadow and Bone
EscapistBookReviews
Summary: So we’re all familiar with the concept of a “heist story,” yeah? A gang of specialists team up to break into somewhere and steal a great treasure. Six of Crows is exactly that, set in a fantasy-world Amsterdam analog. The sequel has the same team running an elaborate con job which develops from the heist in the first book. The story hews closely to heist-story formula, with a Mastermind character recruiting his team (cat-burglar, sharpshooter, demolitions expert, mage, and fighter), and ...more
Dani Iglesia
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OKAY… I’m seriously falling in love in every bit of Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. Like everything are all in place I just can’t escape the fact that every turn of the pages is breathe taking and how I imagine the characters on their battles they’re still battling in my mind after I read it few days ago.

All we know the story of Six of Crows duology, so I’ll just be giving brief about the books: six characters, they’re convicts, thieves and mostly known dangerous and gang in Ketterdam. Kaz
Amanda Rubio
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This Duology will forever hold a special place in my heart because it reminded me of the excitement that came with each turn of a page.

While the heist aspect was truly exciting and filled with surprising turn of events at the dirty hands of Kaz Brekker, I fell in love with what I’ve always admired in good stories - the characters: Inej Ghafa, Matthias Helvar, Nina Zenik, Jesper Fahey and the adorable explosives expert Wylan Van Eck.

Since different chapters correlate with different characters,
Jewel
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these books with my entire soul and heart. I wish I was an octopus so I had three hearts to love it with in place of one. It was so well written, and I was in love with the plot from the beginning. Despite being slightly slow in the beginning, it really helped the build up in the first book. And the second book...Just - O.M.G!
Absolutely brilliant. It was so intelligently written and was filled with twists and turns on every second page. I may only be 14, but I am a very mature reader and
Cristina
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
My favorite quotes:
Six of Crows
“The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.”
“Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favorite flower, your favorite song, your favorite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart.”..."There have been no boys to bring her flowers"
...“the scattered, irascible, permanently seeking part
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: list-fantasy
This world is great. It makes exceptional characters of the unexceptional - no princesses and princes with grand fates for a change. The characters in this world are dealt the worst cards, they are flawed and they work hard to survive. It reminds me a bit of Tamora Pierce Lioness in some way but less naive...I like it!

I read the books back to back. It's a page turner and have many great qualities - I have a hard time rating it in stars, because I have read bigger novels that were better in many
Amie's Book Reviews
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The SIX OF CROWS Duology Box Set is a must read for everyone ages 16 and up. Although this set is marketed for #youngadults this book will be loved by #readers of all ages.
Leigh Bardugo is one of the most talented authors to emerge over the past few years. She has a gift that is unparalleled for world building.
I cannot recommend this book set highly enough.
I rate it as higher than just 5 out of 5 Stars, in fact, I am rating this Duology as 6 out of 5 Stars

To read more of my reviews visit my
Sanya
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I honestly don't remember reading a book as good as this one before. Perfectly written! The character development is on par with the development of the story. Its really rare to find a book thats has both!
Also, maybe its me, but I really love the fact that this book is written in third person. I was getting tired of the whole first person story telling, Honestly.

Highly recommended for people who read YA fantasy fiction and are into The X-men, Oceans 11, Italian Job type of movies.
Mcw
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I finally gave this series another chance and it just moves so slow in the beginning that it sets the tone for the whole book. I absolutely love the covers and the pages, I must admit that this was first bought for beauty and not much else but the second time around was much better than the first! I kept pushing through and though it took much longer than normal, I did enjoy it more than I thought I would.
Dayna
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I honestly did not want this series to end! Can we please have a spin off of Kaz and Inej?? The 1st book was great and the second was amazing! You can find a little of everything in these books - action, adventure, romance, suspense... The author has done a great job with both character and world development - you really started getting attached to these characters and I was sad to leave the story when it ended. A must read!
Morgan Faas
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The characters Bardugo has developed, the expansion of her already wonderful world, and the "scheming face" moments are all so very good! I'm a big fan of political intrigue, heist, and back-and-forth banter between characters I like; Bardugo delivers every step of the way. I just couldn't put it down.
Rachael Neely
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed these books! Lovable characters with fun dynamics and enjoyed the world Bardugo created. Fun plot, some aspects cliche (who doesn't love a great cliche?) and some unexpected twists. Overall great read.
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
If love was measured with the amount of post-its you use on a book...

I LOVE THIS DUOLOGY WITH ALL MY HEART
and Kaz Brekker, the love of my life, makes me feel so much everytime I read about him.
I can't it's too much!!
The Immortal Bibl...: Six of Crows duology Readalong 12 50 Aug 08, 2018 07:13AM

• A Court of Thorns and Roses Box Set (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1-3)
  • Throne of Glass Box Set (Throne of Glass #0.5-7)
  • The Shades of Magic Series (Shades of Magic, #1-3)
  • The Mortal Instruments, the Complete Collection: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass; City of Fallen Angels; City of Lost Souls; City of Heavenly Fire
  • Scythe / Thunderhead / The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #1-3)
  • The Raven Cycle Series Maggie Stiefvater Collection 4 Books Set (Book 1-4) (The Raven Boys, The Dream Thieves, Blue Lily Lily Blue, The Raven King)
  • The Lunar Chronicles Boxed Set: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, Winter
  • Clockwork Angel; Clockwork Prince; Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #1-3)
  • Julian Fox, The Dream Guardian (Julian Fox, #1)
  • Throne of Glass Series Collection (Throne of Glass #1-6)
  • The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy
  • The Selection Series 1-3 Box Set (The Selection, #1-3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • The Broken Empire Trilogy: Prince of Thorns / King of Thorns / Emperor of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1-3)
  • The Heroes of Olympus Boxed Set (The Heroes of Olympus, #1-5)
  • Monsters of Verity Collection (Monsters of Verity, #1-2)
  • The Angelfall Trilogy (Penryn & the End of Days, #1-3)
  • Shatter Me Series Box Set: Shatter Me, Unravel Me, Ignite Me
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse (coming soon to Netflix) which spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, The Language of Thorns, and King of Scars—with more to come. Her short stories can be found in multiple anthologies, including the Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy. Her other works include ...more

The Six of Crows Duology (2 books)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)