Start by marking “Whispers From The East” as Want to Read:
Whispers From The East

Whispers From The East

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Loneliness is a desolate feeling that claws its way into the very fabric of your life, dragging you to despair. It is an isolation of your heart and soul and a rejection of everything you are, and everything you try to be, by the very people who should be showering you with love and acceptance...

A life of solitude becomes the norm for Charlotte Whittaker. An emptiness fill

To ask other readers questions about Whispers From The East, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers From The East

Ikira
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars (If I could give it more, I would)

I received this book as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) from the authors and was exceptionally pleased to be one of the privileged few to receive one. Having read Houseing Elephants, by Elenaor Lloyd-Jones previously; and being blown away by it, I had high hopes for this story before I'd even seen the trailer or read the blurb.

The authors have given a link to a playlist at the beginning of the book with songs which link in to each chapter. I've ne
Danielle Dickson
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sass-authors
I’m writing this review as I’m reading so I don’t miss a beat. Firstly, just wow! I don’t think there’s enough words for the book heaven I’m in right about now, it’s euphoric. I knew this was going to be one of those books that doesn't leave you, you know the ones? The ones that bury themselves deep inside your very core? This was one of those.

Like I said I wrote this review in word so I didn't miss anything out so I'll start from the beginning. I LOVE the soundtrack, I played each song while re
Rebecca Barber
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Charlie has no idea who she really is. But she's desperate to find out. After growing up in a loveless home where her parents are more interested in presenting the right image and scoring the next big deal, Charlie takes of travelling to find not only who she is but where she belongs.

Easton has become bitter, twisted and pretty much an asshole to everyone who crosses his path. He, like Charlie is taking his time touring Europe trying to out run the past that haunts him.

When the two broken, lost
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte is lost and alone, and is just drifting through life. Easton is just as lost, despite being surrounded by friends. This is a beautifully written story by these very talented authors’, who certainly know how to spin a tale. I was captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and look forward to reading more of their wok in the future. Brilliant work Ladies!!
Dawn
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every so often books come along that just blow you away,every so often a book comes along that blows you away and touches your heart…this is one of those books.Its a read that will pull you into to Easton and Charlies world.The words, the emotions will hit your heart, from the very first page you just know this book is going to be special.The writing is beautiful,the words and descriptions captivating.
Easton is running from his past, he goes where his feet take him travelling with his best frien
Loobielou1969
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some books you read and easily forget them - and others stay with you forever. Whispers from The East is most definitely a "stay-with-you-forever" book.

From the very start the style of writing just flowed and I couldn't help but keep turning the pages, desperate to see the story unfold - to the point where I would read while cooking dinner and sneak every opportunity I could just to read a little more. I just couldn't help but devour the book in a day!

Charlie and Easton are both running from the
CrystalCat
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Both are searching the world for peace but what they find is home. When Easton first meets Charlie, he feels something for the first time in months. He's on guard and Charlie is a danger to him. He recognizes the disquiet he feels in her and it scares him.
For Charlie, Easton's hostility is nothing new. She has finally decided to stop living for people who don't consider her as anything more than a possession. Together, they go on a journey of self discovery, slowly they each reveal themselves t
Kathleen
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let's just say that this book was awesome from beginning to end. Once I got started it was hard to put down. So many emotions played through as I read the book. The authors did a wonderful job at writing this. At first I did have a hard time reading the British portion, but once I got the knack, it got easier. This book certainly will stick with me and will be one that I will pick up again to read. I loved the playlist that the authors gave and it made me feel closer to the characters.

Easton lik
Brooke May
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my lord! Where to begin? I have read both Katie Fox and Eleanor Lloyd-Jones separately and knew they had a similar writing style and boy was I thrilled when I started reading Whispers From The East! Their words together flow in this breathtaking book that paints a magnificent picture in the readers mind. I want to pack up and go backpacking in Europe now with the adventure and thrill in this book.
This book reminds me of a warm hug; it embraces you and pulls you into the warmth that never want
All The Feels PR & BLOG
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Colleen Mc (The Book Lover Blog)
Whispers from the East is a New Adult/ Contemporary romance, and a full length standalone novel. It is the first work that I have read by either Eleanor or Katie. I praise the authors for having the ability to write and deliver a story that really flowed smoothly. I could not tell when/where one writer transitioned to the next!

What I really loved about the story was how engaging it was; the storyline was interesting and I quickly grew to love each character- flaws and all. Easton and Charlie eac
Rose Maniscalco
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Harriette
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was an enjoyable read. The characters were interesting and the story flowed very well, even though the characters weren't an instant hit with me. This was not insta-love (thank god) but more of a journey. There was a mixture of sexy and sweet, and the opening up of East was a journey in itself as was Charlie's flawed way of finding herself. The characters remained true to themselves throughout the story and work their way through their feelings for themselves and each other. Some parts ...more
Abigail Davies
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished this book, like literally 30 seconds ago and all I can say is WOWZA! The whole book is so beautifully written and I actually have tears in my eyes right now. Charlie and Easton... what can I say? They're made for each other. I felt like I was there, with them, every second of the way. Katie and Eleanor? You're amazing, simply amazing and I want to say a HUGE thank you for writing this absolutely beautiful book. Charlie and Easton will be forever in my heart and I know that in ...more
CeeJay Stephen
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was incredible.

I was really hooked into both of the main characters. It was very well written, kept me eager to read to uncover both of their stories. I like trying to guess ahead of what I think the plot is going to be, but this book had me wrong ever time, which just enticed me even more to keep reading.

I felt ever ounce of up and down emotions alone side the characters, really got myself in deep.
Nicole Strycharz
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my GOD. Where do I begin on this one?

I was given this book by the authors for an honest review and I must admit from the first time I laid eyes on the teasers I was concurred.

This book is so much more than just a story, it's an emotion wrapped in paper pages. I wrote notes for my review; now let's see if I can organize them.

First off, plot flow: it was a VERY smooth read. The story rolls from one situation to the next while holding you spell bound by secrets and the intrigue of getting to
Michelle
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever have a book just come to life in your hands? You find yourself totally immersed and seeing things through the eyes of the characters. For me this was this book. Every word, every character, every description was just perfection.
I have read both of Katie Fox's previous books but nothing by Eleanor Lloyd-Jones so although I was familiar with one authors writing style I had no idea about the other and have never read a book by an author who then released a collaboration so I had no ide
Tara Bryant
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whispers from the East
By Eleanor Lloyd-Jones and Katie Fox

"Despite everything in me telling me not to, I find myself reaching over, the rough pad of my pinky finger brushing against the smooth skin of her palm. I swallow down as her fingers gently twitch and curl inward—so subtly I almost miss their movement—in response to the feeling of me on her skin."

Mistakes. We all make them and we all learn from them. But what if one mistake haunts your soul everyday. Easton has to live with this feeling,
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every so often you find a book that catches you unexpected and every turn of the page has you completely captured in the book, pulling at your emotions and totally immersed in the world created by the authors that you could quite possibly be involved in the story.

For me this book was that ! The collaboration between Katie and Eleanor worked beautifully and flowed so elegantly from the page that it it felt like one author had written this story. The dual POV was perfect and added such a great de
Busy Bees
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Star Rating - ****

Easton is travelling Europe with a group of friends trying to get away from real life and the trauma of a past relationship. He hasn't thought about being with somebody in over a year that is until a young pink haired woman crashes into the cafe they are in and seems to steal his heart the moment he looks at her. His friends encourage Charlie to tag along to their next adventure much to Easton's displeasure, he doesn't want his heart broken again, but when Charlie leaves someth
Brenda
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay so first off I have to say how much I love this cover! And for more reason than one. Sometimes when you get a face on a cover it doesn't do the character justice. BUT omg! this is so Charlie! I mean dead on. I love that so hard. I pictured her throughout the book just as that and with absolutely no disappointment in the way she looks.
These two characters grabbed me from the beginning. Charlie and Easton.. Two lost people looking for? Well, they are looking for themselves. Part of them has
Kristina
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about love, life, finding back to yourself and more.....and it was beautifully written by Eleanor & Katie

"This adventure has taught me so much about myself, but as well as that, it has taught me to find beauty in almost everything—beauty in the unexpected"

You really don't wanna miss Charlies & Eastons journey. There were tears, laughter and sometimes i wanted to punch something so hard!!! And the way Mrs. ELJ and Mrs. Fox describe everything you really feel like you are r
Jen
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where do i begin? This book grabs you from the first page and pulls you in, it touches your heart, your mind and even your soul. This isn't your normal love story, it is THE love story.

First...the Playlist is amazing! The songs, the lyrics..fit this book perfectly. I lose myself in the book so i listened to the songs prior. Definitely worth listening!

Each book i read is like meeting a new friend, Easton and Charlie intrigued me from the moment of introduction! Two very lost souls trying to find
LettyT
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Saying this is a beautifully written book doesn't do justice to how incredible this book really is! It's written by two very talented authors and if you haven't read any of their previous works, I suggest you grab them now!

This is the story of Charlotte Whittaker (Charlie) and Easton James. Charlie is lost and alone. She's drifting in life and doesn't have any desire to find what's missing in her life. Nor is she trying to fill the void. She just is.

Easton is alone in a different way. He's sur
Emily Krat
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was wrapped up tight in this story from beginning to end. It gave me all the feels.

Whispers From The East is a beautiful and touching love story. It’s a story about Charlie, a girl who wants to be accepted and loved, and Easton, a young man who was deeply hurt and is trying to put to rest the pain he feels. Both are searching for something and they find love. Fate or chance brings them together and "this adventure” teaches them “to find beauty in almost everything—beauty in the unexpected".

At
Brandy Roberts
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG I LOVED THIS STORY !!!!!!!! would give more then 5 stars if I could it was written by two beautifully talented authors if you haven't read Housing Elephants or Embracing Moments series you need to one click those babies because your misssin out on some awesomeness . Love both Charlotte and Easton such unique names and characteristics the chemistry between them is instant even though they deny their attraction for each other they do butt heads . the travel aspect was beautiful I love travaili ...more
Linda
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliantly written, lovely story, your heart broke for both Easton and Charlie. Definitely one to read again and again.
Misty
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by these Authors and I was blown away. This is a emotional rollercoaster of a book but all in the best of ways. Easton is trying to find his place in this world after a heartbreak he didn't see coming. Charlie is just trying to live after a life of doing as Daddy says. Two Lost Souls running away from life. When they both finally let there walls down they find love but will the secrets they keep tear them apart.
This book is amazing. Deserves more then 5 stars.
Aisling Cooper
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book starts off with two people hating each other and then having to take a journey together whilst also taking a journey of recovery and discovery about themselves.
The book took me a while to get into and I didn’t connect very well with the characters till I was about a quarter of the way into the book and this is why the rating is 4 stars rather than 5 stars but once I had clicked with the characters I enjoyed the book and didn’t expect the twists and turns that happened towards the end.
T
Bookish_Sally
Shelves: favorites
This story was BEAUTIFULLY AMAZING! Top read of 2016! EMOTIONAL, HEARTBREAKING, BREATHTAKING. This story had me all over the place with my emotions. I loved meeting Charlie and Easton. These authors did an amazing job putting a story together that I loved, from the characters, to the book cover, music, video trailer and who's getting the last word in;). I would love to see this story come to theatres. Definitely 5 Brilliant "TWINKLING" Stars!
« previous 1 3 next »
Eleanor Lloyd-Jones is and always has been a perpetual daydreamer. A mum of one and a full-time primary school teacher, she spins plates and chases her tail in order that she can live out the dream she has had since being a little girl: to write stories.

Like lots of indie authors, her ambition is to hit the big time, make all the lists and have some hot-shot movie producer pick up one of her book