Start by marking “Return to the Little French Guesthouse (La Cour des Roses, #2)” as Want to Read:
Return to the Little French Guesthouse (La Cour des Roses, #2)

Return to the Little French Guesthouse

(La Cour des Roses #2)

Blue skies, new love, and a glass of Bordeaux . . . what could possibly go wrong?

When Emmy Jamieson leaves her life behind and moves to La Cour des Roses, a gorgeous guesthouse amidst vineyards in France, everything is resting on her success as the new guesthouse manager.

Looming in the calendar is the biggest booking ever, when the entire eccentric, demanding Thomson f
Published August 26th 2016 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Return to the Little French Guesthouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to the Little French Guesthouse

Elaine
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having decided to return to the little French guest house, Emmy Jamieson just isn't anticipating all the problems awaiting her. With the departure of Gloria, many arrangements she had made prove not to have been recorded. With Rupert still reeling from his wife's adultery with Emmy's ex and his medical problems, nothing is going to be straightforward. As a sleepwalker causes unexpected problems,ma mammoth family reunion for far too many people needs organising and, to top it all, Gloria returns! ...more
Renita D'Silva
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I absolutely loved, lived, laughed and cried with this brilliant, addictive tale. I ADORED the first book in the series and reading this one was like meeting up with much loved old friends. Emmy is such an amazing woman and it was wonderful to be reunited with her and Rupert, read about their adventures, travails and ups and downs and how they overcome them. The author writes so evocatively, with oodles of humor thrown in. A beautiful, fun tale, set in stunning surroundings, with charact ...more
Suze Lavender
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emmy has decided to stay in France, so she can help Rupert with La Cour des Roses. She's now the manager and she wants to make a success of the guesthouse. It's such a lovely place to spend a holiday, so that shouldn't be too hard, or should it? There are difficult guests to deal with, there's a travel blogger with terrible habits who needs to be taken extra good care of and Elly has the responsibility to organize a huge event, which came as a complete surprise. Emmy needs to learn quickly and s ...more
Liina
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Emmy moved to France and is the manager of the guesthouse, where she works with Rupert, who is the owner. She hopes to get a good start to her new life-new job opportunities, new friends and some romance in her life. Without knowing, Gloria, who is Rupert's cheating wife had agreed to take a huge booking, but as she's not there anymore Emmy and Rupert have to deal with it all. The whirlwind that the guest and old secrets have caused, there's a lot going on. Emmy and Rupert have to deal with diff ...more
Joanne Robertson
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having read The Little French Guesthouse earlier in the year I definitely had to make sometime in my busy reading schedule to catch up on this sequel. If you haven't read the first book then you really should before picking up this one to get the most out of it!

I just loved immersing myself back into the lives of Emmie and Rupert and all the rich and colourful characters who make up this seriously warm and sunny feel good romance. Although it's more a book about friendships I think and how true
Joanne D'Arcy
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When you go away and find a lovely place to stay, all you want to do is go back there and experience it all again.That can be the same with reading books I am sure and is certainly the case when you can actually return to a story.

This is the follow-up to The Little French Guesthouse which I read earlier this year. Without wishing to give away any of the first book, Emmy did not have a very good start when she first arrived at this little guesthouse. It was never meant to be a life changing holid
Stacey
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
All reviews can be found on my blog - thecosiestcorner.blogspot.com

Another great book to join the first La Cour des Roses series. It made me so happy to return to this story you have no idea! I absolutely loved the first and couldn't wait to read the second. The cover, once again, drew me in and I found that I couldn't say no (even though I have a ton on my TBR pile!).

The story follows Emmy after her very recent move to France and you find yourself reading about her settling in to her new role a
~☆clockwork
After reading the first book I couldn't wait to get stuck into this and I wasn't disapointed. The Story takes place pretty much where we left off with Emmy returning to La Cour Des Roses the idyllic holiday home which has now become Emmys permanent home and she's determined to make it work expecially considering everything she gave up. However things don't go as smoothly as Emmy hoped due to unfair guests and Glorias unwelcome shocking return not to mention a massive booking nobody knew anything ...more
Alison Winter
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book just as much as the first.
Ro
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant follow up to the first in the series. Sometimes the sequels leave a lot to be desired but this certainly doesn't. The characters just seem so real to me and I feel like I am in the Loire Valley with them!
A great read. Can't wait for the next one!
Amanda
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous book with characters you can fall in love with and relate to. I'd recommend that you read 'The Little French Guesthouse' before this one so you can get to know all the characters properly.
Best Crime Books & More
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** If you are planning on reading the first book please don't read my review as it will inevitably contain spoilers ***

Kat's Review. It's official....Helen Pollard can do NO wrong. I read her book The Little French Guesthouse and fell in love. I fell in love with France, with the Guesthouse and with all of the characters. In the return to La Cour des Roses with this next book I have fallen in love all over again. Emmy Jamieson has packed up her bags and made the permanent move to France. Follow
Gaele
The first I’ve read in this series, Helen Pollard takes us to a small guesthouse in France, as we follow the story of Emmy, back at La Coeur des Roses after a rather spectacular breakup. She wanted a change, and felt that her connection to Rupert and his desperate need of help would be a good option for a new start.

While the pairing of Rupert and Emmy seems strange, it was his wife Gloria who ran off with Emmy’s boyfriend Nathan, the two are building a solid friendship and a good working relati
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

Picking up from where The Little French Guesthouse left off, I was delighted to be back at La Cour des Roses and even happier to say the book is a fabulous continuation of this series.

If you haven't read the first book, you are missing out, but equally, this can easily be read as a standalone so you should be able to pick up on the key back story points.

Emmy has now moved to France to make a go of life as the manager of the guesthouse, and the book starts how it is going to continue with some
Angela
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The top of this book cover says “A feel good read to make you smile.” Well, it’s quite more than that. Yes, Emmy’s optimism and hard work make for a cheery read. Her support of guesthouse-owner Rupert will endear any reader to her, as will her deference and friendly respect for the very French guesthouse-keeper. Accountant Alain’s adoration of Emmy is the cutest thing ever. And the Thompson clan spending the week at the guesthouse brings all the joy and camaraderie you’d expect from a family cel ...more
Sally Coles
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emmie has decided to give up her marketing career in England and return to France to La Cour des Roses guesthouse as manager and to set up her own business in the area....the gorgeous Alain might have had a bit to do with her decision!

Once installed she sets about putting the guesthouse on to tourist map and invites a well known blogger to come and stay and write a review......this does not go down well when he sleep walks naked and unintentionally exposes himself to an elderly guest...twice!

Thi
Kim
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, 2016, net-galley
This was a wonderful return to La Cour des Roses. Emmy has taken on a management role and is keen to raise the profile of the Little French Guesthouse. She has a nightmare booking that threatens to age them . You can feel the tension whilst willing the holiday to be a dream for all those involved. You are enveloped in friendship as the characters develop even more throughout the book. You really feel that you could settle down with a coffee and enjoy a meal with Rupert and enjoy seeing Emmy blos ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
This book left me feeling much like after reading the author's first book! I'm in love - with France, the countryside and the characters. I ran through so many emotions reading this - laughter, tears, anger. While the book itself is pretty light reading, the message, if there is one, is plain to see: live each day, make every day count."

The characters continue to grow on readers and the storyline is so much fun. Highly recommended.

I received this book from NetGalley and Bookouture in exchange f
Beverly Dodson
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No, Don't be over. I'm just not ready!

Loved this book and it's predecessor; hated having to eventually go to sleep each night and leave Rupert, Emmy, the descriptive insights to the beauty of places I'll never see and the lives of all the characters who actually come to feel real very quickly. So sad that I finished "Return to the Little French Guest House so quickly though and hope to get the next book by Helen Potter asap! Wonderfully written, emotional, and endearing.
leigh brown
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fast passed romcom

Great sequel ! The fun starts straight away with the warm & believable characters. Funny, touching friendship's and lots of romance.
Anniek
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emmy has decided to take a leap of faith and left her life in England behind to stay with Rupert, the owner of La Cour des Roses. She's the manager of this beautiful guesthouse now and is determined to learn everything she needs to know to help Rupert make La Cour des Roses a success. Emmy fell in love with this place from the moment she arrived. Although the short holiday made her see the true colors of her boyfriend Emmy chooses not to dwell on it and wants to follow her dreams. Emmy has built ...more
Elizabeth Lloyd
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In January, I decided to chase away the winter blues by reading Helen Pollard’s “Little French Guesthouse.” Now on a sunny Spring break I have picked up Return to the Little French Guest House. It was a delight to join heroine Emmy as she began her new job as Rupert’s right hand woman. Filled with enthusiasm and great ideas she relished the task of putting the Guest House on the map, starting her own online business and developing her budding relationship with charming Anglo-French solicitor, Al ...more
Meggy
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In her second book, Helen Pollard invites us to spend a few days in a small French heaven for a well-deserved break. So I packed (heavily, as usual) and wrote a list of everything I am looking for in the perfect summer story, before diving head first into Return To The Little French Guesthouse. Now let’s see if our stay at La Cour Des Roses fits the criteria!
For a perfect summer holiday, you need:

#1 Lots of sun, a beautiful setting and the yummiest food

Who wants to get stuck in a dank basement w
Michelle
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This and its predecessor are among the best books I've ever read. If the guest house existed I'd be booking a trip to France right now. I really hope she writes a third.
Eleanor
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful follow up to the first book. Beautiful description of the local chateau and area. Calamity piles on top of calamity but all works out well in the end!
Rebecca
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had this on pre-order for weeks after I finished he first book! I was a little worried that it wouldn't match up to the first instalment but it didn't let me down! Just a shame it's finished!
RaeAnne
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited to read this because I loved the first book-the little French guest house. I couldn't wait to see what awaited these fun, engaging characters! The book was another fun, easy, entertaining, read! I hope to see more of these characters in the future!!
Lynne
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, the second in the series. Set in a guest house in the Loire Valley, it focuses on Emmy, an English girl who has come to work with Rupert (the owner of the guest house) after the happenings in book one (no, I'm not going to tell you what they were). A really lovely, feel good story.
Aimee
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a sweet book and I love most of the characters. It was a also quite exciting to have a villain to hate...a horrible horrible character that added a bit of good drama.
Pamela
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was just as much fun as the first one. I hope the author writes more stories about the little French guesthouse as there are stories there yet to be told. It is such a lovely place to visit, and a great escape from the doldrums of a long, cold winter.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Escape to the Riviera
  • The Mysterious Bakery On Rue De Paris
  • The Gin Shack on the Beach
  • The Girl in the Empty Dress (Bennett Sisters #2)
  • The Chateau of Happily-Ever-Afters
  • Tiddas
  • The Cornish Escape
  • Finding Home
  • Summer at the Dog & Duck (Dog and Duck)
  • Whatever Happened to Vicky Hope's Back Up Man?
  • Kitty's Countryside Dream
  • Eventually Julie (Julie & Friends, #1)
  • From Paris with Love (Doubting Abbey, #2)
  • Derailed in Chancey (Chancey #3)
  • The Little Bookshop on the Seine (The Little Paris Collection, #1; The Bookshop, #2)
  • The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
  • The Second Chance Tea Shop (Little Somerby)
  • The Broken Hearts Book Club
As a child, Helen had a vivid imagination fuelled by her love of reading, so she started to create her own stories in a notebook.

She still prefers fictional worlds to real life, believes characterisation is the key to a successful book, and enjoys infusing her writing with humour and heart.

Helen is a member of the Romantic Novelists' Association and The Society of Authors.

You can find her online a

La Cour des Roses (3 books)
  • The Little French Guesthouse (La Cour des Roses, #1)
  • Summer at the Little French Guesthouse (La Cour des Roses, #3)