Start by marking “Ready to Fall (Wingmen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ready to Fall (Wingmen, #1)

Ready to Fall

(Wingmen #1)

This is an alternate cover edition for B00HBWKUP0

Top 100 Amazon Best Seller
#1 Bestselling Humorous Women's Fiction
Top 10 Romantic Comedy
Contemporary Romance Best Seller

Tall, dark, and handsome is an understatement when it comes to John Day. With rugged good looks, his ever present plaid shirt, and a dog named Babe, John is a modern alpha male lumberjack.

After his fav
Published May 2016 (first published December 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ready to Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready to Fall

Jen
5 Fun and Fluffy Stars

I had so much fun reading this! Told entirely from John's point of view, this sweet story was just what I needed. Daisy Prescott's writing reminds me of Penny Reid with a touch more heat thrown in. Never a bad thing.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Dee Montoya
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
****4 Hot Lumberjack Stars****

John Day is one hot lumberjack!!! After reading this book I'm totally asking my hubby to grow a beard for the winter. Ready To Fall is the follow up novel to Geoducks Are For Lovers which is one of my favorite book of this year, this books feel like comfort food to me; heartwarming and with a lot of humor.

John Day is handsome, strong and a really nice guy. After his favorite neighbor Maggie rents out her cabin for the winter he finds himself unable to stop watching
Alex ♈
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
3.5 Lumberjack Stars!!

I really enjoyed this book. The Hero John Day was absolutely swoon worthy and the heroine Diane was very likeable.....it was a different in the sense that it's from the hero's POV, which is a first for me (at least that I can recall).

Ready to Fall photo PicsArt_1506248835821_zpsr7redths.jpg

There were some family dynamics that didn't make much sense to me, but, maybe it was just me...? Other than that I found this to be a thoroughly fun, romantic, and enjoyable read.

KatLynne
Passion...

photo tumblr_n00y9byrZb1sheo9fo1_500_zpsc8c23783.jpg

Beautiful setting...

photo whidbey-camano-islands_zps6b2afd9a.jpg

...Are just a few of the elements making this well-written, engaging, at times humorous love story an entertaining and enjoyable read.

The author takes readers back to Whidbey Island and gives sexy, John Day and Diane Watson's story. I was hooked from the get-go and while all is not perfect, I found it to be a fun, sexy, appealing read.

I recommend this to everyone who enjoys an uncomplicated, passionate, feel good love story with a small town setting. I found the
Giss Golabetoon
Hmmmm ....
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I want, NO, NEED my own John Day *Swoon*.
Review to come.
Lynn
Jul 14, 2016 marked it as dnf
Nothing wrong with the way the book was written just wasn't my thing. The MC starts the book dating another woman. He seems to have a past history of mostly hook ups. When he finally breaks up with the first woman he immediately sets out and achieves another hook up all while knowing the heroine and forming a bond.

One good thing, no OW descriptive scenes. It's just told to us dispassionately and in one sentence forms.
Christine
The hero was weak. He had a high school crush, Kelly, who he was sleeping with. The sex must have good because all she would do was order him around. She would say "John, we are meeting my parents for dinner!" John would say "ok." John said he did not want to take the next step with Kelly, but he was the one that was calling her "his girlfriend" and he was the one upset that she did not tell him that she was still seeing her estranged husband.

John Day was too wishy-washy for me. I like my hero
Rachel
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
****4 stars! So this was a cute read! I didn't read the first book by this author and apparently characters from it are in this book. John was a sweetheart, but at times I felt like he needed to grow a set, be a man and fight for his woman. With the amount of denial he was in for a big portion of the book, I am surprised a nice epilogue wasn't provided to give us glimpses into their future. I mean, we knew based on his inner dialogues where things were headed, but an epilogue would have been nic ...more
Shanna Matheo
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-da-kindle
Nice! Very, very nice, enjoyable cozy little love story. Not too smutty, but still very sexy. I would love to see a Christmas / Holiday book by this author. I think she would nail it.
Heather Maven
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*SPOILER FREE REVIEW*

I was lucky enough (yes, I really feel that way) to beta read Ready to Fall. This is the second book from Daisy Prescott and while I really enjoyed Geoducks are for Lovers, THIS BOOK gave me all the things I love to read. Let me start by saying that while Ready to Fall is book 2, you do not have to read book 1 to enjoy all the hotness (and the story) that is John Day. When I read Geoducks are for Lovers I kept on wondering what the deal with the hot next door neighbor was.
R.S. Grey
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ABSOLUTELY loved this book. There are so many things about this book that have completely stolen my heart. John Day is at the top of the list. I mean seriously, I need this man, where can I find him?

Throughout this entire book I was laughing out loud at their dialogue and silly humor. It's so lighthearted and fun, but I will admit I cried at a certain part! It was just so emotional!

I had a silly smile plastered on my face the whole time I was reading it, so if you're looking for a witty romanc
Daisy
Feb 06, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

All new covers for the Wingmen Series! To celebrate Ready to Fall is currently FREE!

Grab your copy today!
➜Amazon: https://amzn.to/2GcrW0h
➜Nook: http://bit.ly/2MH29yE
➜Kobo: http://bit.ly/2MU9gpT
➜AppleBooks: https://apple.co/2ToxZCX
Literati Literature Lovers
No lie. I will one-click a Daisy Prescott book any day, confident that the purchase will be more than worth my while. Sure the main character is hot, and sexy as anything; but to confine the leading male to the title of hotness alone would do this story a great disservice.

The author writes the road to a solid relationship flawlessly. So much so, that you ache to travel it’s path, to be one of her character’s friends, to be on the island where neighbors watch out for others. I breezed through thi
SB*needs low angst books*
What can I say about this book? I am going to give it a 3.5

This is the story of John Day our hero and the story is all from his pov. He is introduced in Geoducks Are for Lovers but I didn't read that one. He is a single guy who from this book isn't the manwhore people seem to think he is but he is also someone who hasn't done many real relationships. In the beginning, he is going with a old crush who doesn't really know what she wants and she is separated but still married. The relationship ends
Annette  Dahl "Old Vicarious Reader"
Great romantic story. Sweet friendship turns into love. Written from John's point of view, and the author did a great job. Every time John was asked a question and he stopped to ask himself the question, or he asked himself a question, I thought oh yeah guys are so dumb they'd have to think about it.

This was an excellently written contemporary romance, with the writing style I love. I loved the main characters as well as the secondary. There are too many great one liners to try and recount them
Stacey is Sassy
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K.

I enjoyed this story and love the small town feel to these stories.

Both the H and h had their own issues but were able to work them out together in a realistic way. There were some hot and steamy sexy bits with some sweet stuff as well.

I have enjoyed both books in this series and I will definitely be reading more from this author.
Brooklyn JoJo
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 A cute, light and fun read. A bit too predictable though and the writing felt amateurish, especially during the beginning. Could've been five stars with a bit more depth...
A
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
what a fantastic book :) beautiful romance with adults acting like actual adults, I absolutely loved it :) I'm gonna need some time to gather all my thoughts... and they are definitely scattered after reading this story ;) but I will have a full review for you soon-ish ;) long story short: read this gem :)

edited to add my full review :)

I had this author on my radar for quite a while now, but I just couldn't pick up her books... don't ask me why, cause there's no logical reason... ;) but recently
Antonella
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh

For a book that has only a couple side characters and has huge attention on two main characters who are going trough some emotional things I would need more "feel" for them. Which means that I really don't feel the connection between them.
Weak hero and I don't really care for heroine.
2,5 stars
Sophia
I read this one as part of the Red Hot Lovers box set and enjoyed trying a new to me author whom I've had my eye on for a while. I loved the surprise of finding the entire story narrated by the hero and the wry humor, slow-developing 'friends to lovers' romance, and the well-drawn setting of small town island life.

This was book two in the series, but I was able to easily read it out of order though I definitely plan to get caught up on this series after meeting the first couple and the additiona
Victoria
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"You are a real lumberjack?”

“Lumberjacks sing songs and eat flapjacks. I work in timber.

I'm not sure what made me buy Ready to Fall, I had never heard of it or the author, Daisy Prescott. Actually, that's not exactly true...I saw it was on sale, read the blurb, saw the the word "lumberjack" and immediately one clicked it. I never knew I had a "thing" for lumberjacks but it seems like, I do. Good to know! Apparently, I'm not alone because the main character in the book, Diane, has quite a thing
Nanou
ok ya pas à dire, la Miss Prescott sait écrire des histoires sur des gens qui s'aiment ou tout est bien du début à la fin, sans un mot où une scène de trop, avec de l'émotion mais sans jamais tomber dans le drama.

après avoir rencontré John, je veux partir sur cette île et aller à la chasse au bûcheron *soupirs* ♥ , visiter la décharge qui a un "book-bus" en ruine, cuisiner des tartes, faire du camping et imaginer qu'on se fera attaquer par des ours ou des psychopathes xD puis se faire réconforte
Irene
5 stars

My heart is full of love atm, Ready to Fall was a beautiful read.

I was very excited when I got the ARC for Ready to Fall, I couldn't wait to read John's story :)

Ready to Fall is a heartwarming read, John Day will make you swoon and even make you fall in love with facial hair ;P During one hot & steamy sex scene the visual Daisy Prescott painted with her words I was like damn girl now I'll never be able to look at a man with a beard again without thinking of John Day lol

I loved seeing
Paula  Phillips
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Starting off from a few months after Geoducks for Lovers finished , Daisy Prescott is back with another installment of this secluded island tales called "Ready to Fall". Maggie after reconnecting with her high school sweetheart Gil is staying at the Mainland with him as their romance rekindles , so it leaves her house on the island open. Maggie's friend Quinn has a client/friend who is going through a rough time and needs the escape - so Maggie rents out her house to Diane for the season. Those
MaDoReader
3'5
John.... Pura testosterona con patas, awwwwwwwwwww, bueno con patas y barba #ILoveLumberjacks

Me encantan los libros de Daisy Prescott, definitivamente, leyéndolos sabes que estás ante una historia bonita, sencilla, donde los personajes no se lían en pajas mentales y se comportan de una manera bastante adulta, graaaacias!
No le doy más estrellas porque es eso, un librito sencillo, simpático, que te anima, una lectura reconfortante pero que no pone tu mundo patas arriba, es más bien como tomar
  • Unmasking Charlotte (A Taboo Love, #2)
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • Saving Our Hearts (Matters of the Heart, #2)
  • Animate Me
  • Force of Nature
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • Savor Me
  • In the Firelight
  • LOL Romantic Comedy Anthology, Volume 1
  • The Wild Side (Forever Wild, #4)
  • Tangled Thing Called Love (Life and Love on the Lam, #3)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Tempting the Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #1)
  • The Pleasure Room
  • Double Betrayal (Surviving #3)
  • Hometown Star (Hometown Alaska Men, #1)
  • Human Hieroglyphix (Human Hieroglyphix, #1)
  • Talk to Me (Protector, #1)
Keep in touch with me!

Sign up for my mailing list here (copy and paste this link): http://smarturl.it/daisysignup

Or find me on Twitter (@daisy_prescott), Facebook /daisyprescottauthorpage, or Instagram /daisyprescott.

USA Today Bestselling author Daisy Prescott lives in a real life Stars Hollow in the Boston suburbs with her husband and an indeterminate number of imaginary housegoats. When not wr

Wingmen (6 books)
  • Confessions of a Reformed Tom Cat (Wingmen, #2)
  • Anything but Love (Wingmen, #3)
  • Better Love (Wingmen, #4)
  • Small Town Scandal (Wingmen, #5)
  • The Last Wingman (Wingmen, #6)
“Keep it in your pants, Day.” 3 likes