Start by marking “The Arrangement (Soulmates, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Arrangement (Soulmates, #1)

The Arrangement

(Soulmates #1)

Carter Haywood lives for the weekends—specifically the one weekend every month when he escapes real life, with all the pressures of work and caring for his special needs brother, to do whatever he wants, with whomever he wants. Sex is only a release; he's not looking for love, a relationship or even a second night with the same man, until he walks into a bar and finds some ...more
Published July 20th 2016 by Felice Stevens

To ask other readers questions about The Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Arrangement

Start your review of The Arrangement (Soulmates, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! The Arrangement (stand-alone). No-questions-asked sex once a month proves addicting!

“I love your balls; they fit perfectly in my hands. I love how I can tell when you’re going to shoot ’cause they get all tight and springy.”

The Arrangement (stand-alone) opens up to PR executive Carter Haywood in search a one-night stand. After spotting grad student and bartender Reed Kincaide he has found his prey for the night.

A night of endless fucking…

Is all Carter has to gi
ღFloღ the coffee addict
4 **hot & emotional** STARS

Well, what can I say? There really is nothing better to get me out of a book slump than a good old MM romance, and this one had it all. Scorching hot scenes, emotion, angst, thought provoking character issues and such a sweet love story.

I really enjoyed it. I had a few issues with the beginning, but by the end Reed and Carter won me over, no question about it.

A little about the story. Carter is a thirty-two year old business man with his own company. He is very guarded
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stand-alone
HEA: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Trigger: (view spoiler)

description
That's the kind of book that left you with a huge smile on your faces. The characters are so endearing. Yyou are just connected to them, you feel for them and you want to hold their hands all along.

Allison thank you for yet another winning rec'! You and I ( And I can add Flo in the mix
description

As all good M/M this started really steamy. Carter doesn't have time fo
Gigi
What is the arrangement?

Carter is a workaholic and raising his young brother after his mother took off. He has FAR too much on his plate for a relationship.

Reed is a bartender with terrible self-esteem and, at times, debilitating anxiety. His last relationship was a disaster so when he meets Carter he is all about some hot sex with no strings.

The arrangement is that both men go about their normal lives but meet once a month in the city for hot and sweaty sex. No attachments, no contact during th
Jaime
When I go into a Felice Stevens book I know a few things will happen. First, I know I will have my heart tested - it will go from beating too fast to being ripped apart all in the matter of a one book. Second, I know her characters are going to be men I will think about for years to come, because her characters are real - they are raw - they are imperfect - this makes them human and makes them more memorable to me. Third, I know my characters (yes they are mine now) will get their happily ever ...more
Debra
Release day review originally posted at Sinfully.

Carter Haywood is a 32 year old successful, self-made man who is completely devoted to caring for his 10 year old half-brother Jacks. Their mother dumped Jacks at his door three years ago and left. Since that day Carter has done everything he could to help Jacks deal with his learning disability, physical ailments and any other issues he may have as a result of their mother’s neglect. His only release is the one weekend a month he goes ou
Amanda
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 'emotional' stars

I know the premise of the book isn't anything new. Heck, if this is by any other author I would overlook it. Strangers hooking up and settling for a no string attach arrangement, how many times have I already read this plot? But Felice manage to make an overuse ploy into a moving read, one that had me in tears over and over. Or maybe my easy that way.

Carter Haywood is a workaholic who also committed to taking care of his little stepbrother. He didn't have time for relationship
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
This was my first Felice Stevens read, and I must say I quite enjoyed it.

It was seriously, smoking hot.

Carter annoyed me a bit with his whole "this is sex only" bit. He was pretty cut-off emotionally. And I got it, to some degree.

I really liked Reed's character and I'm glad he finally stood up for himself and his feelings and wants.

As a whole, I liked Carter and Reed together. And this one was low in the angst and drama which is always a plus in my book.

So, a nice solid read that I would de
Chris
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
A warm, sweet romance that eventually made me smile. I adored Reed, not just his anxious moments, but his genuine care and thought for others. Where Carter lacked courage, Reed had it in spades! Carter was a frustrating character and while he was selfless there was an underlying vibe that put me off. I know he was the ultimate caring big brother, but his cool approach at times wore thin on me. I'm glad Reed persisted, because the warmer Carter was slowly revealed. An enjoyable read
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
This book....wow. As a Mother of a child with Autism AND a child with ADHD I can relate to Carter. However, as a woman with severe social anxiety and depression I identify with Reed. Both of these characters pulled at my heartstrings. This book hit on all of my fears, my hopes and my dreams all in one. I keep an emotional distance between myself and the people I date for the reasons Carter does...my kids comes first. However I am honest about my kids needs and my responsibilities to him up front ...more
Felice Stevens
Jul 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-book
If you loved The Arrangement, I now have a Valentine's Day Short Story. Reconnect with Carter and Reed!

The Pre-Order Link for The Arrangement is now available on Amazon and All Romance. Kobo, Nook and iBooks coming
Amazon: myBook.to/CarterandReed
ARe: http://bit.ly/CarterandReed
iBooks: http://tinyurl.com/z4k4war
Lelyana
* PERFECT!*

Every time Felice Stevens's book is coming out, I always full of anticipation, who else people's gonna hate that I will love. Seriously, Felice has her own way to drive me to love an annoying MC that people wants to slap or put a fist on his face.
Micah from Memories of the Heart is one of the example. Its almost everyone wanted to punch Micah, while I loved him and wants to wrap him in a mama bear hugs.

Carter has the same vibes as Micah. Arrogant, stubborn, selfish and soon as you kno
⊱ Poppy ⊰
It wasn't supposed to get personal...until it did.

The Arrangement was not what I thought it was, it was much much more than two guys falling in love after being in a causal relationship or you say no-strings-attached relationship. It was about two guys finding their ways to each other when both think that they are ugly inside, that they are not worth it. No one will ever be able to love them, if they know what they are behind a mask of confidence and coldness and eyes which look so haunted
Alona
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it
It was nice, but, it's a story-line I read so many times... (The last one I read with a similar plot was Fast Connection by Santino Hassell and Megan Erickson).
Now, I know that as long as I'll keep reading books in the m/m romance genre, I'm doomed to read more of the same stories, but I'm looking for something extra, some different twist...
Anyways, I didn't get anything "more" here and therefore it just felt "ok".

Claude
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Lovely!
I love this book.
In one hand we have Carter Hyawood, a big brother who raised his little brother after their mother abandoned him. He's so goods kind, and just want the best for his brother. A beautiful man. BUT he was so stubborn, many times to shake him a little. I wanted to scream at him: open your eyes and your heart and just accept love dammit!
Reed the second character was just beautiful. Abandoned by his mother following the diagnosis, he has the BEST father ever. He's solid, kin
Mirjam
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm

“Feel what you mean to me. It’s you. You are everything to me. How could I not love you?”

Carter Haywood, 32, successful, self-made business owner and devoted to his 10 year half-brother Jacks who was dumped by their mother at Carter's three years ago and left. Jacks, suffering from anxiety and being slightly learning delayed.
Cater allows himself just this one release being one weekend a month where he goes out for some wild no-strings attached sex with any man who catches his interest.

Reed Kin
Christelle
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book : for me, it was the perfect mix of great characters, hotness (mmhh…), realistic amount of angst, and a nice HEA.

Carter had a tough childhood and he built emotional walls to protect himself, up to the point of looking like a cold man, a ruthless businessman, averse to relationships, but he devotes his life to his young half-brother, badly neglected by his mother.
Reed battles with ADHD and anxiety issues. With the loving support of his father, he’s doing h
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
5 Spectacular Stars!

photo 99955892-C9B3-473C-8B0B-41D844955594_zps4gdvp2w8.gif

It wasn't supposed to get personal...until it did.

Holy shizzle, I've found myself a new MM author in Felice Stevens! This book was SPECTACULAR! I must say the combination of the HOT book cover (no judging) and blurb sucked me into reading this book. And within 5% of starting it, I knew she wasn't going to disappoint me! Wow!

Carter is a workaholic executive trying to balance his company and caring for his special-needs little brother. Little Jackson deals with develop
Kim
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars

These two broken men grabbed my heart from the beginning and did not let go. Not even when they frustrated me or disappointed me with their secrets.

Carter Haywood is a successful businessman. He is closed off, mysterious, protective, and searching for an easy hook-up to get him off on his one weekend a month he allows himself to take care of his own needs. The rest of his time is spent working or caring for his special needs brother. But his controlled facade hides fears and vulnerabil
River
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This book was a nice surprise, it was nothing like I expected and I loved it.

When you read the blurb you expect either a bang fest or an angst fest but it was none. You do get hot sexy times and a lovely story but it was love light enough that you don't cry you eyes out.

Carter and Reed were really good characters and I really liked their dynamic. They both had their own issues to overcome and it was beautiful to see them get their HEA.
Denise H.
*** Marvelous story that takes on tough topics ! ***
Reed, 27, student and bartender with ADHD and severe anxiety.
Carter, 32, successful PR businessman, cares for his special needs step-brother, 10.
Carter takes one weekend a month to get away,

and hopefully get laid.
On a regular Friday night, Carter has come to New York, he sees bartender, Reed and takes him to his hotel. Wow ! these two are sexy hotness in bed,

but then Carter dismisses Reed and Reed didn't like feeling used.
A month later,
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, lgbtq
What began as a 'one night stand' on sink sand grows out to a solid steady 'home'
Reed meets Carter who has his ones in a month free (sex hook-up) weekend.
The other weeks he is with his younger brother Jacks, who is neglected by their mother.
Jacks suffers from anxiety and also struggles with other problems is going so much better after he lives with his brother who loves him unconditionally.

Reed and Carter are broken on the inside. Both abandon by their mother. Both were raise with the knowledg
Elsbeth
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it

BR, July 24th with Momo.

I guess this was okay. I liked the guys but I just didn't feel the emotional pull of them. Everytime I felt we were going somewhere, they started doing stupid stuff to annoy me.
Even the sexy times felt very repetitive for me.

For a more elaborate review I would like to refer you to Momo's review. She put it perfectly to words.

Momo's review

"I love you, every part of you - broken pieces and all."
Jay
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, read-2016
4 stars – The Arrangement is my first exposure to author Felice Stevens, and while I found the story a little predictable, the characters and their happily-ever-after made this an enjoyable and recommendable read.

The most important thing in Carter Haywood’s life is the little brother, who has special needs, in his care. One weekend per month is all he allows himself to escape the pressures and solitude of his life, to go out and have fun with whichever guy he ends up picking up. His intentions a
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I truly appreciate authors who bring real life situations into their books without being overly preachy about them and who understand that learning disabilities and mental health issues don't go away when you become an adult. I may be a little touchy about this subject because of personal experiences within my family, but the thing is there are many, many adults living and working with the learning disabilities and mental health issues they'v
Francisca Morar
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very touching book, plus the sex scenes are really hot
Lynn
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In “The Arrangement,” both Carter and Reed are harboring their own secrets. Carter’s life revolves around raising his younger half-brother who suffers from mental illness and requires his constant support. Once a month, Carter takes a “me” weekend that is wrought with casual hookups.

Enter Reed. One weekend Carter isn’t feeling it, no man holds his interest until he sits down at the last bar he enters and his eyes land on a cute bartender. Reed’s blushes and shy smiles have Carter hooked. They ag
Michelle Slagan
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
#TeamReed

Nothing make me happier than a broken man (in this case 2) getting an unbelievable HEA! Felice Stevens has outdone herself with The Arragnement. What starts out as an Arrangement turns quickly into something Carter is not ready for. Or is he? Reed feels he is broken enough that no one would want him with his “issues”. One night out of his norm is all it takes for him to want things he never thought he’d want again.

Felice does a fantastic job in capturing your attention in the very firs
Sara
This was so damn good. My first read from the author and now I need to go back and see what else she has.

I love the whole deal of "this will only be sex" because it's never just sex when you have a connection and boy howdy, did Reed and Carter have a connection.

This was sexy and sweet and just one hell of a read. I am so glad I picked it up because I fell hard for every word, every page and that epilogue was perfect!~

Sigh.

Good book was good.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story much more than I thought I would. It starts off with two hot guys setting up a one weekend a month 'arrangement' for sex in a hotel for the weekend. But as the story progresses more than just an easy arrangement is on the table, and though both develop feelings for one another, they each have personal health reasons why it shouldn't go further so, of course, they end up ending the deal. Is that the end? No way, and they manage to find a way to more happiness than either coul ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Virgin Flyer
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Sideline Submission (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery, #3)
  • Bringing It Home (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery, #5)
  • Afterglow (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery, #6)
  • Prized Possession (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery, #4)
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • Beast
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye.
  • Up-Ending Tad, Bundle 1 (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery, #1-3)
  • Loser Takes All (Up-Ending Tad: A Journey of Erotic Discovery, #1)
  • A Kind of Romance (A Kind of Stories, #2)
  • I'm Straight, Right? (Men of Fort Dale, #1)
  • Better Than Good (Better Than, #1)
  • Beautiful Chaos
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)

Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending around the corner, Her characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

She lives in New York City and has way too much black in her wardrobe yet can't stop buying "just one more pair" of black pants. Felice is a happily addic

Soulmates (3 books)
  • One Call Away (Soulmates, #2)
  • Perfect (Soulmates, #3)