Start by marking “The Snake Den (The Shadow & Ink Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Snake Den (The Shadow & Ink Series Book 2)

The Snake Den

(Shadow and Ink #2)

The box has opened a door to the dark place where the voice Corbin hears dwells. Not only that, but she’s brought it forth in human form, into her world, into the light. But others have been alerted to her existence, and Six is only the beginning of the imaginary becoming real. Torn between her love for Six and wanting a normal life, Corbin must decide if she should live i ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 30th 2016

Start your review of The Snake Den (The Shadow & Ink Series Book 2)
Shirley Cuypers
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Original review

First of all I want to thank Nikki Rae for the beta copy, you're the best!

The Snake Den is the second book in The Shadow and Ink Series and continues the story of Corbin and Six. Corbin's hearing a voice, Six, and in The Snake Den we get to know more about Six. Who he is, what he is and why he wants Corbin.
A lot of crazy things happen and school starts again. There's a new guy Rust, but is he the sweet guy we think he is? And is Six the guy we think he is?

The story is great, the
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
Wow! Just wow! This time around I know exactly what rating to give this dark but perplexing read. I am truly enjoying the fact that I am still completely clueless as to the true nature of Six. Is Six an angel? A demon? The figment of Corbin's fragmented mind? The author once again reeled me in right from the start with her beautifully dark writing style. The characters are all stunning and unique and I simply cannot wait for the next book in the series as this cliff hanger ending was more intens ...more
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Note: I was provided with a copy of this book by the author for review.

After the cliff hanger Rae left us with at the end of The Crow Box, and with a title like The Snake Den for the sequel, it was easy to imagine all kinds of things and imagine what Corbin had gotten involved with. But in true Nikki Rae style there are revelations and developments in this book that surprise you, making you realise things aren't always as they seem.

Corbin's own misunderstandings and attempt to rationalise things
Melanie
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is currently part of Kindle Unlimited, so if you have that (Like me) you can read it for free!!

With The Snake Den Nikki has weaved more intrigue into an already mysterious story. I loved how this story flowed. Although not much happens at times, you also feel so more because of the characters emotions. I loved Six in this book. Some aspects of him I saw coming, but were just as magical.

The end, cliffhanger! Ok you expect it with a series anyway. But just like book 1 you are left thinking...
Paranormal Books R Us
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Is she crazy? Maybe, but maybe Corbin is finally seeing things as they truly are for the very first time.

We delve right back into the complicated life of Corbin and get to learn a little more about Six the mysterious creature that has integrated himself firmly into Corbin's very existence. We watch as she struggles to grasp what is happening and ultimately what it means for her if Six is as real as he claims to be.

Once again I am completely in love with a book by this author! Nikki Rae never fa
Ari
*A complimentary ecopy was provided by the Author, in exchange for my honest review.*
It's been a few weeks since I read this story but I do remember it like it was yesterday. Book One, The Crow Box, left you hanging, in the worst way, and so we pick up where we left off. Corbin must decide if she's going to accept the fact that Six is indeed real and not just a figment of her imagination. As she does, she learns that she's known or have had some sort of interaction with Six in her past lives. It
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

I'm still at a loss with this series. There are more conversations with Six this time, but he doesn't actually answer anything directly. You still have to guess at what he means which is fun and mysterious sometimes, but there comes a time when we need some kind of something so the plot can move along. I do think I know a little more about what's going on, but I could be totally wrong. This could easily be one of those stories where we find out that everything
Gwen
Shirley Nance
Feb 12, 2021
Gabriella Holt
Mar 02, 2021
Nikki Rae is an independent author who lives in New Jersey. She explores human nature through fiction, concentrating on making the imaginary as real as possible. Her genres of choice are mainly dark, scary, romantic tales, but she’ll try anything once. When she is not writing, reading, or thinking, you can find her spending time with animals, drawing in a quiet corner, or studying people. Closely.

Shadow and Ink (2 books)
  • The Crow Box (Shadow and Ink, #1)

News & Interviews