Start by marking “Vertel me drie dingen” as Want to Read:
Vertel me drie dingen

Vertel me drie dingen

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  34,620 ratings  ·  5,359 reviews
Jessie is verhuisd en alles voelt verkeerd: haar nieuwe kakschool, haar nieuwe huis, haar nieuwe stiefmoeder en haar arrogante stiefbroer. En ze mist haar overleden moeder.
Dan krijgt Jessie een mail van een jongen die zich Iemand-Niemand noemt. Ze mag alles aan hem vragen: welke meiden ze moet vermijden, wie haar vrienden zouden kunnen worden en waarom ze beter geen vega-b
Published May 31st 2016 by De Fontein (first published April 5th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Vertel me drie dingen, please sign up.
Sara "There's nothing lonelier than a hand on glass. Maybe because it's so rarely reciprocated."
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Dani Amaya I think yes, it got frustrating at times for me because she was so oblivious and I thought it was too obvious.

·  34,620 ratings  ·  5,359 reviews

Lola
Apr 18, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
description

I was very excited to read this book. When I saw someone comparing it to Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, I immediately squeaked with delight!

I didn’t like it. At all. In fact, I don’t see why this newly released novel is so popular. I can think of dozens of novels dealing with similar themes that are funnier and a thousand times more gripping.

It started out just fine. There were e-mails exchanges and context for the story. Those were okay, really. That is, of course, before I got tired of the
Angela
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
I've never given a contemporary book 5 stars before (as far as I can remember... Is John green contemporary?!?! If so sorry I lied).

"Perfect days are for people with small, realizable dreams. or maybe for all of us, they just happen in retrospect; they're only now perfect because they contain something irrevocably and irretrievably lost."

I'm finding this review hard to write... That typically happens when I'm so angry at a book that I can't even see straight. This isn't the problem I'm facin
jessica
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
let me tell you three things:

1. this story is the ultimate meet cute of all meet cutes that have ever existed
2. my cheeks received a world class workout from all the smiling reading this made me do
3. this book was everything i could have hoped for and more

nothing puts me in a better mood than YA contemporary. nothing. its all the fluffy feels, the comedic romantic mishaps, the easily relatable characters, and the heartfelt messages that warm my cold heart. and this book was no exception.

it rea
Emily May
I don't think I'll write a full review for this. It seems that all my GR friends loved it and I don't want to be that one party pooper who writes a negative review (again).

I'll just say that I made it about halfway before I couldn't take anymore of how almost every single girl but the special narrator is blonde, skinny, nearly naked, flirtatious and mean. Jessie is clearly supposed to be special and different from all of the “mostly blond, vacant-eyed Barbies and Kens.”

And the constant L.A. st
Christy
 photo B3BAE4F6-537D-42C9-934E-CC2BA0AA5F45_zps13d6xuq5.jpg

Tell Me Three Things is a charming YA read that has the perfect amount of friendship, humor, emotion, and a touch of romance.

Lets start with Three things about this book:

1- There are three boys- and although they all have different good qualities, only one will be worthy of rooting for ;)

2- There are some feels in this book, but it also made me laugh a good bit!

3- The end will leave you with a permagrin!

Jessie is in her junior year of high school and is forced to move cross country from Ch
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

”Tell me three things I don’t know about you.”

description

This a delightful, funny, solid, read that I highly recommend to friends who love a well done YA book. The story hit all the right buttons for me and left me with a huge smile on my face.

description

Two years following the death of her mother, Jessie’s father springs the fact that he has eloped on her. Jessie has to leave everything she knows in Chicago to move in with her new stepmother and her teenage son. Things aren't going so well for Jessie it a
emma
Uhhh.

So the situation is this: i'm out of contemporaries. Well, not completely, but I'm really close. The thing about that is that summer just started for me, and it's warm out and I have free time, and when the above information is true I WANT TO READ A LOT OF CONTEMPORARIES.

So I've been rereading.

I read this in summer 2016 and three-starred it. I remember it as being fun/fluffy/fine/cute/easy/etc. Good contemporary words.

Guess the hell what????

IT WASN'T.

What it was:
- a three hundred page ode
Faye, la Patata
PHILIPPINE RESIDENTS!!! FILIPINO BOOKWORMS! YOU CAN WIN A CHANCE TO READ THIS BOOK EARLY! JOIN MY GIVEAWAY HERE!

f5fcaa09a848bf8c79aaf4590520ca13

The deepest smile on my face, the lightest feeling I've had for the longest while, a warmness surrounding my heart... these were the things I've felt while AND after reading this book. I went from "Hmmm, this is interesting!" to "OMFG THIS IS THE CUTEST!!! MY HEART!!! ASDFGHJKL;" in like a fraction of a second once the book reeled me in its grasp. And trust me, it didn't even try. It
may ❀
I have just one question.

Where can I find myself a SN???????

I’m pretty big on the contemporary genre. It’s my feel good genre, it’s my get-me-out-of-a-reading-slump genre, it’s my help-me-in-drowning-in-feels genre. But lately . . . it’s been letting me down.

Maybe I’m becoming one of those cynical readers who criticizes everything (*screams*) but finding a realistic, relatable contemporary that has a good message and is enjoyable to read just seems so difficult lately.

. . . .until now . .
Wendy Darling
4.5 stars LOVE. Man, this is turning out to be a good year for funny contemporary YA.

Recommended if you liked Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, though I think this actually has more substance and wit to it.

Review to come.
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Tell me 3 things

1). You want sweet. You want amazing. You want cute. How about a lot of smiling?? This is the book for you.

2). Three attractive boys. One that totally sticks out and pushes all the right buttons for you and you are completely yourself with him, but is he your secret admirer?? You get along with the other two but just don't have the right feelings for anything more, right??? I loved the banter and how easy the conversations flowed between each relationship. SN & Jessie, Jessi
Cait • A Page with a View
Most of the story felt like a blend of a bunch of other YA contemporaries... a poor girl ends up in a super rich school surrounded by judgmental kids with whom she has nothing in common. The cute guy is dating a mean girl who calls the MC a skank, slut, fat ugly bitch, whore, etc and trips her in front of a crowd (all of the girl hate got reallllly old).

I think the bit that nagged at me the most was how the teens didn't feel terribly authentic. It was like someone watched a Hollywood movie abou
Sana
WHAT THE HELL THIS WAS GREAT THOUGH I FUCKING PREDICTED SN AHAHAHAHAHA OBVIOUS AS FUCK.

3.5 stars. Rating and review to come because seriously I don't know whether to give this 3 or 4 stars and while we're on that good reads GIVE US FUCKIGN HALF STARS FUCK DAMNIT.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.75 stars!

This book is the straight version of Simon Vs. the Homo-sapiens Agenda, and while they are very similar, it actually didn't bother me that much. I enjoyed each book for different reasons.

Tell Me Three Things is about a girl named Jessie whose mother died a couple years ago and now her father has found new love. This means selling her childhood home and moving to LA to live with her new
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

There’s really not much reason to write any sort of detailed review on this. Rachel summed it up perfectly in hers when she said “this book is the straight version of Simon vs. The Homosapiens Agenda .” She’s spot on – and she’s also 100% accurate when she says it doesn’t even matter. If you loved Simon, you should love this one too and if you’re anything like me you will have your co-workers terrified and asking . . . . .

Two years a
Aj the Ravenous Reader

Tell Me Three Things is one of the most relatable YA contemporaries I’ve read this year. The story line is simple, the plot not so eventful and yet it’s everything. It’s so easy to connect with Jessie, a teenage girl who just like any other girl is simply trying to figure out who she is. It isn’t easy being a teenager as it is but having to lose her mom at such a tender age and having to adjust to a new life that is very different from what she’s known- new home, new stepmom and step brother, I
*eKa*
Tell me three things I don’t know about you.

Jessie is having the worst time of her life. At least, that's what she thinks. She's (still) been dealing with her mom's death since the last two years and her father remarried with a rich woman who lives in L.A. So, without even having a chance to speak her mind, she moves to this new, strange and luxurious house. Yes, you read it right. LUXURIOUS and Jessie don't feel good about it. (Well, clearly she's not me. I get it) And she's having a hard tim
*TANYA*
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars. Adorable teen book. Sigh!!!!
maram ☂︎
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to maram ☂︎ by: may ❀
miss !!! critical !!! edgy !!! reader practically begged me to read this book since March and now here we are 🎉🎉🎉

also, what's with Julie giving me another delicious book cover?? ineedwafflesasap
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Perfect days are for people with small, realizable dreams. Or maybe for all of us, they just happen in retrospect; they’re only now perfect because they contain something irrevocably and irretrievably lost.

I’m going to be frank with you all: I never had any intentions of reading this novel. Nope. None. And then…and then I got on this kick where I’m obsessed with online romance types (or even love letter/pen pal types *see Punk 57/Letters to the Lost*) where two people are completely anonymou
Jaime Arkin
Tell Me Three Things:
1. I will definitely be reading more of Julie Buxbaums YA stories.
2. I kind of read this whole story in just one day.
3. I absolutely adore Jessie.

If you don’t have this book on your radar yet, please make sure you add it to your to read list immediately.

I was pleasantly surprised by Buxbaum’s debut YA novel and I think that a lot of people are going to fall in love with her writing and this story once it’s out.

Jessie has had her life flipped upside down over the last few
may ➹

a) a super cute romance
b) a very fun read
c) something to smile about
✘ d) none of the above

I love when books disappoint me!!!!!!!

🌷 ANNOYING STEREOTYPES

So you have the MC named Jessie. She recently moved from Chicago (I think) to some fancy place in California. Her stepmom is rich, and she has a big fancy house. That’s realistic enough, I guess.

But then literally everyone a
Jeannine Allison
I need to start off by saying that I LOVE this trope. It's random, but I love the whole secret admirer plot. So I had a strong feeling I was going to love this, and I did.

Even though there were a few *minor* things that I didn't love... like Jessie's attitude sometimes (she did grow throughout and since it'd be stupid of me to expect a perfect MC, once she started changing I wasn't bothered by her) and (view spoiler)
enqi ☁️✨ [joon's]
It is just him and me, Ethan is Ethan is Ethan and Jessie is Jessie is Jessie, and his lips touch mine.

But sometimes a kiss is not a kiss is not a kiss. Sometimes it's poetry.

Tell Me Three Things is about a teenage girl, Jessie Holmes, who is still dealing with the aftermath of her mother's death and longs to find someone who can truly understand how she feels. Her dad remarries a rich woman, and she is uprooted to LA, leaving behind all her friends and her old life in Chicago. Jessie just
Eryn
3.5 / 5 ~

A perfect Valentine’s Day read; that’s what Tell Me Three Things is. It’s filled with relatable characters, a realistic main character, and funny banter. And although much doesn’t happen (in terms of action, drama, and all that jazz) and I found everything predictable, others might enjoy this book more than I did — especially if they don’t figure out who Somebody Nobody is around chapter two.

I loved reading through Jessie’s eyes (is that how you say it?). She’s honest, not perfect, ha
Alyssa
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases
4.5 stars. 5 stars?

NO TRIANGLE. Or any kind of geometry. The synopsis is purposefully misleading - and for good reason!

Check out a swoony excerpt !

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: April 5, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Everything about Jessie is wrong. At least, that’s what it feels like during her first week of junior year at her new ultra-intimidating p
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
When Jessie loses her mother to cancer and her father uproots their lives to move cross-country for a woman she's never met, she's plunged into a world of silicon, mountain climbing, bullying, and $10 minimums on snack machines. Enter Somebody Nobody, a mysterious email correspondent who offers to guide her through her new world, to teach her that home isn't always a place.

5 ⭐! This book was adorable, sad, funny, and sweet. I loved Jessie and her nerddom, and totally would've been friends with h
Sharon
Two minutes into the book, and I already laughed, smiled like an idiot, and snorted. All I was thinking was, "Why is this book so adorable????"
...And then it went downhill after 5 minutes.

Pros
-I'm a sucker for romance-before-first-sight where somehow the girl and guy start sending each other secret messages (in this case, email/IM)
-Some very cute bantering such as:
"I have been watching you at school. not in a creepy way. though I wonder if even using the word “creepy” by definition makes me cr
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Tell Me Three Things is a delightful contemporary novel and here are three things I adore about this book:

1.) The story is heartwarming and clever. Two years ago, Jessie Holmes lost her mother due to Cancer and she's still grieving about it. When her father remarried a woman he met online, they move to California from Chicago. She lives with her stepmom and stepbrother, Theo. It's difficult for Jessie to adjust in a new environment especially she's attending her new school, Wood Valley High Scho
♥Rachel♥
Soooo good! And it made me cry! Not sure I'll write a review, but Tell Me Three Things is a must read/listen!
UCAS English 11 R...: August Reading Assignment 1 5 Aug 30, 2018 07:37PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum - Restarting June 10th 2018 62 132 Jun 21, 2018 06:27AM
IRP #8 1 6 May 27, 2018 11:46AM
Tell Me Three Things 8 36 Feb 17, 2018 04:01PM
Read-along: DT Dezembro | Conta-me Três Coisas 13 24 Jan 07, 2018 04:13PM
  • The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You
  • Shuffle, Repeat
  • Speak
  • The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Girl Against the Universe
  • Trouble Makes a Comeback (Trouble, #2)
  • Well, That Was Awkward
  • Torn Away
  • Why I Loathe Sterling Lane
  • Windfall
  • The Memory Book
Please check out my two novels, THE OPPOSITE OF LOVE and AFTER YOU, both now out in paperback. My first YA novel, TELL ME THREE THINGS, debuts April 2016.

Please check out my website www.juliebuxbaum.com for more information about my books.

Or to follow my recent shenanigans, please check out my blog, JULIE HAS WRITER'S BLOG, at www.juliebuxbaum.com/blog/

One of my favorite things about being a novel
“Just because you're strong doesn't mean you shouldn't ask for help sometimes. Remember that.” 145 likes
“Perfect days are for people with small, realizable dreams. Or maybe for all of us, they just happen in retrospect; they're only now perfect because they contain something irrevocably and irretrievably lost.” 96 likes