Start by marking “The Beast and Me (The Beast And Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Beast and Me (The Beast And Me, #1)

The Beast and Me

(The Beast and Me #1)

Meg was abducted. For four days she had nothing to keep herself sane, until she promised to be obedient. In return, she received a diary, not knowing which terrors she would be writing down soon.
Because Meg has been taken to this unknown place for one purpose only: to support her abductors in 'socializing' one of their subjects.
Ten, as they call him, seems to be far more
Published May 29th 2016 by DarkSigyn publishing (first published May 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Beast and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beast and Me

Start your review of The Beast and Me (The Beast And Me, #1)
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
In a word, tedious.

SPOILERS BELOW
I will try to use spoiler tags, but some spoiling is unavoidable.

Let me start with the good.

I like the premise of a dark retelling of a fairy tale. Here we have Meghan kidnapped and introduced to her Beast under lab-like conditions. The Beast, whom she later names Jay to humanize him, is feral when first they meet. Meghan seems to have a calming influence over him. Initially, I thought he just needed a fucktoy since that's basically what Meghan is, but they
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
FREE
FREE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA

paranormal

Okay, maybe I'm a little bit biased here, as I have followed the creation of this novel when it still was a fanfiction. (Guess what: the author is not hiding that fact) It originally was an alternative universe retelling of CW's Beauty And The Beast (2012) and now it's definitely far more better than the show that went absolutely downhill.
For some people the cliffhanger ending might be a reason to give only four stars, but that would simply be unfair,
 Rosebud
It only takes a minute to change someone's life. In this case college student Meghan Singer is drugged as she's about to enter her dorm only to wake up alone in a small dark windowless cell. She's told to be a 'good girl' and that complete cooperation is vital to her survival. The consequences if she refuses - she'll be disposed of.

Why kidnap her, an average looking nobody with no influential connections or specialized skills, and for what purpose? Why do they keep referring to Ten. Is that
Madiha J Bookblogger
4.5 STARS

It was something very different from what I usually read!! And I loved trying out this new 'genre' i must day. It was dark, erotic, suspense and everything you want in a perfect read.
The writing was very appreciative. It was dark and erotic with physical violence but it didn't feel nasty at all. The choice of words was very decent. Yeah i know, physical violence and decent? weird right? But that's the quality of this writer. You must read it to find out yourself :)

The story starts with
Meka♥books
***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

I enjoyed every minute of The Beast and Me. This has to be the most unusual fairy tale remake for the simple fact that it is written in diary format and the beast is not the usual disfigured man but something created. The characters and storyline were engaging throughout and mysterious relationships between victims and captors are intriguing. Both the ending (cliffhanger) and epilogue (umm... I really wouldn't call it that) leave you craving book 2, The Beast In Me for
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
4.5 Beastly Stars!

Wow! A suspenseful, intriguing read with an uniquely written plot.

I picked this one up on sale, I'd never read a book by this author. The cover and blurb got my attention right from the start, not to mention the warning. I had to read this.

This was a different dark, a refreshing change of twisted pace. I was hooked from page one. The mystery kept me glued, I had to know why? In the beginning I thought this was going to be paranormal, but it really wasn't. I automatically
Aislynn Reese
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm always looking for new variations on the Beauty and the Beast tale and The Beast and Me caught my interest as soon as I read the synopsis. This is a brutal but fascinating twist on the story that pulls no punches. As difficult as it was to read some sections where the main character Meg was brutalized, either by her captors or, worse, by her Beast himself, it never felt gratuitous or done in a salacious manner.

None of the violence, sexual or otherwise, is glamorized or romanticized, even
lynn❤️lynn
This us one of the wackiest reads I've read in a long time, and yet I just couldn't put this down. It weird and yet addictive all at the same time.
There's lots and lots of typos, grammatical errors, and yet I just could put this down.
I haven't a clue what the hell is going on, and yet I want more.

Meghan is a student at college and is abducted. The story is told via her thoughts and a diary she keeps to keep track of her days. We know little of her, except she does have parents, who she's told
Charity
Wow. I finished this book earlier today and have been pondering over what to say about it. I don't want to give too much away and at the same time I want to prepare readers.

This is not a hearts and flowers romance where everyone rides off into the sunset HEA.

This is a story about a kidnapping, forced sexual acts and violence. There are a couple of scenes that tread a thin line with bestiality-not a full blown animal/person interaction, but someone going through a shifter change.

We get this
Padyn Alvarez
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a truly dark story..and if you know me personally youd never imagine Id be into something this dark and graphic, I didn't think I would be either till I picked it up. A truly amazing piece in my eyes. I easily got hooked in the first entries. And through the dairy style you see Megs thoughts and makes it way more intense. Emotions are rampant, at times I feel crazy as I am reading. Imagining what is going on in the scenes. It left me on edge at times, especially when you are trying to ...more
Willow Brooks
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was good. It was a very Unique read. At some moments I was pissed, at others I was rooting for Meghan and J to find a way to escape and be together.

This is definitely a read where you don't know who's who, or who you can trust. The mystery, thrill, and plot was excellent, although I was getting mad while reading it, willing what I wanted to happen in the story.

D.S. Wrights did an excellent job giving the characters distinct personalities. I hated white, and I couldn't stop reading
Judith Grey
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than I was expecting....

This book is nothing that's was expecting... I was prepared to read about a traumatize girl.. yet I'm in awe of the story itself... who would've been interested in a book about a beast? Me..that's who.. but it wasn't just that,no.. it as the way it's written ,the way it keeps you addicted to the story and trying to figure out how the story will end..
I'm so glad there's a second book... heck .I don't even know if there's a third book.. but I don't care..I want more..
Teresa
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of suspense, mystery, mind games, and romance
Recommended to Teresa by: Author
Shelves: reviewed
Written in journal style, this is the story of a young woman, Meg, who is kidnapped and held for days without any contact. In a make or break beginning she proves her mettle. In time she is introduced to the "reason" she was taken. Threatened with death if she does not please her kidnappers, Meghan continues to show her strength by handling all that they throw at her. I don't want to give any of the story away, thus my brevity.

If you love mystery, thrillers, suspense, mind games, hey there is
Casey Catherine
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author emailed this story to me to read and review.

There is no cover art yet, but that is the picture on Goodreads. DOnt be fooled by the plain cover.

This is not a young adult work, but more a psycho thriller/erotica.

I actually really enjoyed this work. It really was a psychological thriller because I never really knew if what was happening was actually the reality of the situation or just the ramblings of Meghan being tramped and only having her diary to express what she is feeling.

At
Shellie Johnson
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
I was given a copy of this book ARC for a honest review.

Cliffhanger Series of 3 I believe.....

OK, wait a minute! What!!! At first I was disappointed about this book because it was all written as a "diary" but, after a while I really got into it. It is very different from what I usually read so that's what through me at first. There were some parts that just went on and on about nothing but the "good" parts were worth the wait. I like the idea this book made and the author really carried it
Pennie
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
D.S Wright is not new to the world of writing. Her first two publications were when she attended high school in the form of two short stories.
'The Beast in Me' is the first introduction to a series.

A dark and extremely intricate story of a girl named Meghan and the immense challenges she has to endure after being kidnapped. She takes us into a personable journey through a diary with intimidating and thought provoking emotion.

I don't think I could imagine the horror of being kidnapped and
Allyson
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So thank God there is a sequel coming. Although to be fair the cliff-hanger is not as bad as you would think it's more to do with the fact that you just want more. this story content is very dark but despite the fact the author claims it is not a romance novel, there are definitely themes of it through out and you do find yourself just hoping that everything turns out well for Meg and Jay. It me its always been about the relationship between the two main characters and the chemistry between ...more
Charlie B.
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
hmmm, well I must admit that reading this book is somewhat like negotiating the chambers it is set in. its a long journey through the recesses of the main female characters mind and moods. it is certainly a terrific piece of writing, the story slowly moving forward with the surprises coming when least expected. D.S. Wright has an amazing knack of getting into her characters heads, she expresses their emotions in great depth and takes us along with their moods really well.
can I recommend it?
Elfina Renee
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm
What the hell? That ending threw me for a loop!As for the story.....its certainly dark, a psychological thriller. No its not bloody or gory nothing like that but instead more like a science experiment. Where the mouse is running through a maze and getting shocked when it goes the wrong way in search for its prize. Yeah, that kind of mind fuckery, a classic tale of beauty and the beast. You won't find men running with pitch forks or Gaston screeching kill the beast! But you will discover who the ...more
Brenda Seaberg
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My normal genre is horror, so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. I found it refreshing to read something that was just different enough to hold my attention.

Throughout the story, I could see how Meg's hopes about her circumstances were forming her thoughts. I enjoyed her rambling, knowing how my own thoughts are sometimes all over the place. It was easy for me to see how bonds can form between unlikely candidates.

Please realize that there are some short scenes that may be offensive
Brit
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aaah where to start ?
I followed that story from the very beginning, the first version, then I read the finish published version that I bought both and an ebook and a paper version !

I have no idea how many time I read it ... I just can't get that book out of my hands ! It's dark, strangely beautiful, scary ... tense ... just a perfect dose of each !
I get chills reading it, truly !

I would recommand anyone that isn't afraid of very dark and uite violent stories, this is beautifully written and I
Steve
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was introduced to author D.S. Wrights (a clever pen name) via a Goodreads solicitation to read and review her works. She writes in a niche genre of horror/erotica, and the book I read The Beast and Me, was an interesting blending of the two worlds. This is not my preferred genre, but given sufficient intrigue and my current Spring Break from work, I thought Id give it a try. I wont re-hash the plot since there are plenty of places to find that information.

First things first, I found it fairly
Alicia B
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am going to rate this a 4.5 star book, and here's why.

The Beast and Me is the first book in the series and as the author D.S. Wrights states this story is not a romance. In my opinion though I would have to say that it is not your typical romance novel. It is a dark, romantic suspense,that will make you really wonder if it could happen in real life, at least to a certain extent.

This story is structured in a diary form that starts four days after the main character Meg has been drugged and
Cat Elliott
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book.

From the synopsis I was hooked, intrigued about a book that seemed so different from any other I've read. I definitely wasn't disappointed!
I must say that if you are sensitive about darker subjects, such as sexual abuse/rape, be wary that there is some of that in this book (author already warns).
Although it is a 'darker' read, I found this book refreshing because it's so different, and so unpredictable! I'm still trying to process it all now!
I
Tari
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
I found it very easy to fall into a sympathetic understanding with how Meg felt in her situation. At times thinking she was more brave than myself. As the story unfolded, I found myself rooting for her. I was also becoming almost as paranoid as Meg, trying to figure out what was going on right along with her, asking the same questions she was asking.
I did sometimes find myself having to go back over what Id just read, in part due to
Heather Hollister
This is a good book. It is a dark read. Meghan has many things happen to her in this book. Number 10 picked her. Meghan named him Jay because she had to have a name for him. The J is the tenth letter in the alphabet. That's why she picked it. This book keeps you wondering what will happen next. Give this book a try.
Simmie
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Imagine you've been kidnapped and taken to a huge government facility and used in the process of a deadly experiment. That would be the case of Meghan a introverted college freshman. She spends the majority of her life alone and isolated from people. She prefers it that way until she's taken against her will. Now we are taken into her mind by the use of diary entries. This story was so cleverly written. When Meg was taken to her sessions and forced to interact with the beast. ...more
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
This book took me by surprise... I have got to say that when the Author contacted my requesting a review.. I wasn't sure if it would be my cup of tea... but the synopsis intrigued me... Being a "Princess", they whole Beauty and the Beast them screamed.. READ ME!!

I wasn't sure what to expect.. thinking it might be a little to sic-fi for me.. but NOPE!! it was literally a Beauty and The Beast vs Secret Govt operatives vs a young kidnapped woman.... hmmmm got ya thinking didn't I?? lol

We have
Marta Cox
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
I spotted this free on kindle and as I haven't read many dark captive type stories thought I'd give it a go. Plus I do love fairy tale based stories so obviously the beauty and the beast aspect appealed to me . However this isn't exactly a romance, nor is it a horror but there are scenes that involve dubious/non consent although frankly this reader did not find it erotic. It was what I've heard described as car crash tv, you know the sort that you just can't look away from. Yes that's exactly ...more
Danielle Harris
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This is something totally different then what I'm used to. Its an amazing story! I love it can't wait to read the second book
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Red
  • Minotaur: Blooded (The Bestial Tribe, #1)
  • Contagion
  • To Love A Monster
  • Thirst
  • Red Sands (Warlords Of Atera, #1)
  • Minotaur: Prayer (The Bestial Tribe, #2)
  • Trapped (The Condemned Series, #1)
  • Tamed by the Troll (Perished Woods #1)
  • Captive
  • Forbidden Desires
  • The Scorpion's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #1)
  • The Serpent's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #3)
  • Branded (Demon's Mark #0.5)
  • Choosing Her Alpha
  • The Lady and the Orc (Orc Sworn, #1)
  • Venomous (Alien Warrior, #1)
  • Demon Mine (Demons, #1)
D.S. Dee Wrights was born 29th March 1980 in Germany. Her name is a pen name, and she describes writing as her passion and calling. Dee speaks three languages fluently, English, German and Dutch, and some other rudimentary.
Although she started writing at an early age and two short stories were published during high school, one as a school project and one in a regional newsletter Dee never dared

The Beast and Me (7 books)
  • The Beast In Me (The Beast And Me, #2)
  • The Beast In Us (The Beast And Me #3)
  • The Beast Is Me (The Beast And Me #4)
  • The BeAst Of Me (The Beast And Me, #5)
  • The Beasts Within (The Beast And Me, #6)
  • My Beasts And Me (The Beast And Me, #7)