Start by marking “A Beautiful Nightmare” as Want to Read:
A Beautiful Nightmare

A Beautiful Nightmare

In chess, the king is the most important piece. But the queen is the most powerful. Sometimes to win, she is sacrificed.

Lies melt, and this queen has plenty. She should have seen him coming, she should have known. He took her long before these walls let her know. He won’t let her go. Won’t listen to reason. For a love that doesn’t exist, or has her heart committed treason?
Kindle Edition
Published November 15th 2016 by Shana Vanterpool

To ask other readers questions about A Beautiful Nightmare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beautiful Nightmare

Paige
3 "Truth" Stars

A Beautiful Nightmare was both at times beautiful and a nightmare. It was also suspenseful and shocking and sexy as sin. Kinley and Dash have a relationship that is topsy-turvy at best but also more than you'd ever expect.

This is one story that you need to read so I won't be giving much of a break down of the story line. Mostly because everything isn't as it seems and also because I'm still scratching my head a bit after having finished it.

It's different than the angsty NA that
Paperback Princess
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm sitting here seriously trying to wrap my head around what I just read...there's so many I cants going on right now..ughh!!! This book is in no way a hearts and flowers romantic type deal. There's so many twists and turns..secrets and lies sometimes I had to reread a paragraph or two to try and keep up.

I was glued to my kindle..hooked from the very beginning even tho the female main character was a flaming hot mess of craziness she aggravated the hell out of me at every turn..for being a the
Melanie (mells_view)
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo 70BE9F9C-23F4-4553-86FC-03EFBDD73EA9_zpsvt4ueebj.jpg

WHAT WAS THAT?

Absolutely blown away!

I went into this one blind and I'm glad that I did. A twisty turny incredible ride! Not a love story in the conventional sense, but beautiful nonetheless. Dash and Kinley are Romeo and Juliet on the absolute next level of romantic tragedy.

This was my first Shana Vanterpool read, but it certainly will not be my last because she is an amazing writer. The way the story was unveiled so slowly and that each new layer was exciting and actually worked for the story.
Betül
Nov 01, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2016, suspense, reviewed, arc, dark
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

description

DNF at 54% - not rating a book I didn't finish.

I am going to keep this short and explain why I couldn't finish this book. I really enjoyed the first quarter of the book and it was very mysterious and I had no idea what was going on. My biggest problem with this book were the main characters. I just couldn't feel any chemistry between them, and I had a very hard time connecting with them as well. I also didn't really like both characters
Ash.loveofbooks
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A kingdom needs a king and queen.
How far will a king go to get his queen? You'll have to read to find out!

A Beautiful Nightmare indeed. Where do I start?! This book was unlike anything I have ever read. In this beautiful nightmare everything is not what it seems. This book leaves you with so many questions and the moment you think you know something, you begin to question yourself.

I had no idea where this story was taking me and once I started reading it I was hooked. This story was suspensefu
Dani
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is definitely not a hearts and flowers kind of book, more like a toys and protein bars kind of story. With a little bit of overdone eggs in the mix... I'm serious, this story isn't like anything I've ever read, and as much as I'd like to say I knew exactly how it was going to end, I didn't. Because Shana went and shocked the ever living hell out of me.

This is the first story I've read from this author and I'm still reeling from the words, the storyline, the characters, and just about every
Lisa
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

My Review:

As I sit here trying to write into words, this book review I'm left with nothing, Nothing I say about this book can explain the feelings you'releft with when your finished reading the last page. It entrances you right from the start you become so invested in "A Beautiful Nightmare."

This book is definitely not sunshine && rainbows, What does one do when all their lies && secrets have no more power over them?! Now all they have is hard truths && self revelations!
Butthisbook
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it
 photo 32299C5D-795A-4CF4-A53D-36F080ECD69A_zps71bmm8k8.png

“Dreams in nightmares made no sense.”

A Beautiful Nightmare is one of those books that keeps you guessing with each page turned. It’s a book where you don’t know what to expect and just like the quote up top, it’s a dream and a nightmare that made no sense most of the time but it was beautiful. I remember constantly asking.. “what the hell is going on.”

**Please make sure to read the authors note at the beginning. I felt like it prepared me for what I read in the following chapters.**

D
Morgan
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Full Review can be found at http://thegraduatedbookworm.blogspot.ca

First I want to say Happy Belated Book Birthday to Shana Vanterpool on this new novel! Second, would be that I'm so sorry it took so long to get a review out, but OH MY was it ever good!! I also signed up for the release blitz with this book which is why I received an ARC copy, so thank you!!

Straight from the beginning you get thrown into such a thrilling novel, with so many questions and emotions, you seriously don't even know w
Dita
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I will protect you, my Queen, with everything I have."

OMG Dash McKing...My King..He's my handsome Psycho. He'll do everything for the one he loves. It's just amazing how he never give up to show his love to Kinley, how he accept her hatred, how he's okay to be the bad guy. All he wanted was to protect his love. He oozes madness, his insanity is so consuming, it pulled me to join him on the dark side. He also brings a lot of hotness in this book. My King is a bit kinky. Crazy and kinky... Yup Lo
French Press Bookworm Blog
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
~ warning for my safe readers.... is got a different kind of HEA

"Dash was one of the most handsome men I’d ever laid eyes on. Such an unfairly gorgeous package containing such dark unstableness."

From the start you can't help but be freaked out by Dash but also slightly intrigued . He's sweet when you know he shouldn't be. And you fall....you fall hard for this broken beautiful man.

Kin was just as beautiful and broken. It she hides it well.

This story was so unexpectedly beautiful. I found I wa
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
I'm like so many others that have read this book. I'm not quite sure how to put into words what I just read an exactly do the book justice.

A Beautiful Nightmare is a beautiful, dark, twisted, wtf book! It's everything and more that I look for in a dark read. I'm sitting here wanting Dash and that alone is insane. But he's gorgeous, a little crazy at times but oh so gorgeous and sweet. I just want to hold him and let him pour his heart out to me and rival in his darkness.

Kinley was a freaking h
Natasha
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
3* read.

Unfortunately this wasn't the book for me. I felt myself been really confused and not understanding what was going on. It also seemed to dragged on in places and felt quite repetitive.

I don't want to say to much about this book as I feel other might enjoy it more going in with a clear open mind. While it wasn't the book for me I'm sure others will really enjoy it.
Rochelle
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

OMG where do I begin...I absolutely loved this book. The story had me hooked from beginning to end. The character development was great. I fell in love with the characters.This is definitely a must read. Love me some Dash McKing
Michelle Krystel
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I freaken love Dash, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened??? Because it can't be true it just can't be!! I'm really hoping that missed understood something. Amazing book tho, Shana doll 5 head turning stars great job doll!!!
Brit
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I don't even know what to say I'm speechless in a good way
Heather R Callahan
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The beat way to go into this book is blind. Don’t have any pre-expectations. This book was nothing that I expected. Every time I thought I had it figured out it would change. I thought I had the end figured out, and well I didn’t. The most important thig to take from this review it read this book with an open mind.

Dash; so many things I could say about him. To call him insane would be an understatement. He is a gorgeous man who is used to getting what he wants.

Kinley is just as much insane as Da
Jamie  Zishka
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book... I was at a loss for words for many days after reading this story.. Wasn't sure how I felt about it .. But the more I sat and thought about what I was going to write for my review I realized if a story can pull this kind of mind blitz on me then its worth everyone to read! I would give it a 4 stars and tell all to read with caution and keep an open mind because you are going to be upset at times .. You are going to want to shed tears.. And mostly you may have a moment of complete ins ...more
BettyBlueReads
3.5 STARS

I have read books by this author and I liked them very much. However, I was disappointed with this one.

I was expecting more.

The only reason I read it until the end was because I was intrigued to know what would happen in the end... A good end, by the way.

The main plot is quite interesting. But there were many parts in the story that bored me a lot and made me want to quit it.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
what a book, this isn't my normal read but I couldn't put it down. There are so many twist, turns, ups and downs that I don't know where to start without giving it away. Just be warned this is a hearts and flowers read. ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review.
Lisa
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t cope right now. A better review to come when I’m able to stop staring off into nothing after reading The End.
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
A Beautiful Nightmare is a standalone novel. I have read all of Shana's books and have loved each and every one of them. So much so that I stopped reading the synopsis for her beauties until I need to write the review. I wouldn't want to spoil anything in her twisted, passionate, and complex stories. A Beautiful Nightmare is all three...

Kinley is a runner. She has one hour a day to herself and she loved every minute of it. Then one day it felt different. She felt eyes on her but she knew if she
Mia (Mia's Book Blog)
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Never has a book broke my heart so much. The feelings it brought with it, the emotions it drew out of me. The push and the pull, the hate and the love, it was all perfectly blended together. I don't have the words to describe how much this book made me think, made me feel and made me cry. It pulled me in at the very beginning. It made me think, I tried to make sense of every little detail, but I got more and more confused, because it wasn't as simple as I thought, because there was much behind t ...more
Kayley Barnabei
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW...I do not know where to begin...let.me first say this was the first book I have read by this author. I enjoy dark romance and that is exactly what this was with a little psychological thriller added in. This book took me a little bit of time to read because there were many paragraphs I had reread just to be able to try and wrap my head around what in the hell was going on not because I couldn't understand but because I couldn't actually believe what was happening. The characters were descri ...more
sassysistersreadings
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Beautiful Nightmare by Shana Vanderpool deserves a round of applause. From the very beginning this story left us on the edge of our seats and constantly kept us questioning what was to come. No matter how many guesses we made nothing could have prepared us for what occurred. Kinley is a therapist with a mysterious past, and Dash was her patient whose instability quickly became a beautiful obsession. We loved Dash’s character; he struggled with his illness but his love and devotion for Kinley w ...more
MillsyLovesBooks
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This King will stop at nothing to have His Queen.

Wow just wow what have i just read A Beautiful Nightmare is just that!!
This is a standalone novel and If you're expecting a hearts and flowers type of read then this is not what you'll get. What you will get is a Dark, Gritty, Captivating read that i for one couldn't put down.

"He would walk into my office in his expensive suits and ties, and shed his mask time and time again."

With Twist's and Turn's and WTF moments i was left looking at my kind
LLEP  Book Blog
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
A Beautiful Nightmare is my first book by Shana Vanterpool. It was very hard for me to get into this book. Kinley Hashawaye is a psychologist who is treating Dash McKing. He is the son of the Chicago crime boss. A lapse in judgment sends these two into a downward spiral. Dash is in love with Kinley and must have her. He sets into motion a plan to take and keep Kinley. However, Kinley already belongs to someone else. Someone that has ties to the crime family. Someone that they least expected to b ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

I’m not quite sure what I was expecting with ‘A Beautiful Nightmare’ by Shana Vanterpool, as I have never read anything by this author previously.

This book had me torn – for one, I love dark romances, but there were moments in this story that just didn’t seem to fit for me as a reader. In saying this, I’ve always found that different people’s opinions will vary due to their tastes.

Our lead male Dash was perfectly defined, and a character I fel
Eva Mcfarden
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Eva by: Reviewed for Hashtag Minxes

5+ Stars

I can say this book had me an emotional mess all the way through. Fear for Kinley and Dash both. The danger they were trying to run from was a twisted evil that I didn't see until the end. My heart ached as their time together became more than what it started out to be. Their relationship will blossom and wilt all on the same page, but will keep you turning every page to find out if they will find they're way. With the adrenaline spiking wi
Shannon Mcfarland
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
When I walk into a book store I feel at home. When I smell the pages of a brand new book things make sense. When I read I am who I always wanted to be. I read to escape and I write so others can as well. My family, my actress dog Bella, coffee, and a steamy love story are a few of my most precious things. Keep up to date with future releases: https://shanavanterpool.com