Start by marking “All My Friends Are Engaged” as Want to Read:
All My Friends Are Engaged

All My Friends Are Engaged

Chances are you've been there before: on an awkward first date where you find yourself stuck playing 20 questions with a person who has broccoli stuck in their teeth, or who spends half the evening whining about how their ex left them with an achy-breaky heart, or the one who shows up so on-the-rocks wasted that they end up passed out in their bowl of clam chowder before t ...more
Published October 2nd 2015 by Thought Catalog Books (first published October 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about All My Friends Are Engaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All My Friends Are Engaged

Cassandra
Nov 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This "book" made my eyes and throat sore. My eyes are sore from rolling them so much and my throat is sore from the nonstop guttural "ugh" and "blech" outbursts. I could probably write a longer complaint about this book than the actual book was, but here is the gist of it:

- Jen Glantz strikes me as an insecure woman who has clearly fallen into this trap of cultural pressure that because she is not engaged or married by her mid-20's, that her life is inherently a failure, despite her excessive cl
Paula Kirman
Depictions of awkward situations in the life of the author, dating and otherwise, due to the fact she is in her mid to late 20s and still single. She talks about the pressure, the bad dates, and being single in New York.
Taylor Church
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My least favorite part about this book is the length. I don't mind a short book, a pithy little piece that gets the message out quick and clearly. But when the writing is funny and smart and unhingingly relatable, you tend to wish the text would continue. Alas, the novella-size memoir was still quite lovely and humorous. It’s very much a New York City book about single life and being in your late twenties. It might not strike a cord if you married your high school sweetheart in a barn in Appalac ...more
Rebecca Timberlake
This wasn't laugh out loud hilarious, as other reviews have pointed out, but it wasn't awful like some suggest. At its core, this book is about not being perfect, and being okay with that. Glantz tells awkward, embarrassing and cringe-worthy stories that are intended to make the reader feel less alone and less hopelessly flawed. More than being funny, which it is, this book tells the truth about the transitions twenty-somethings encounter out of college.
Feb 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this cheap e-book would at least be as entertaining as a good buzzfeed article...I was wrong. I have a lot to say about how awful this was but it's not worth my effort. Just don't read this book, it's effing terrible.
Allison Rubin
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really fun book, I actually laughed out loud. She reminds me of a less drunk/slutty Chelsea Handler, whose books I also enjoyed.
Molly Beck
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a funny, clever about dating. I read this on a Sunday morning and was giggling the whole time; it would be a perfect read for your commute or while traveling.
Anastasia
Funny

Funny

this book is a good short read, would definitely recommend! great for an afternoon at the beach, or just a lazy Sunday.
Monika
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, relationships
This mini book isn't life changing, but it isn't trying to be. It's honestly just a nice respite from dating when you are surrounded by couples. Good for a laugh and some commiseration.
Randi
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was a good, quick read. I'm usually not one to finish a book in a day, but I did with this one. I found it very humorous and at time I was even laughing out loud! I have had my fair share of bad date, but some of Jen's totally out beat mine! I could relate to the parts of the pesky family and friends, so the chapters that talked about wanted to be left alone really stood out! I would recommend this book to anyone who needs a good pick me up and needs to be reminded that some ...more
Andrea Mueller
Aug 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Quick short stories about dates gone wrong. We listened to this audio book on a drive home from a girls trip. Entertaining for a short period of time, but I wouldnt necessarily recommend it. Also- the narrator's voice made the girl sound like she was in her 50s, when the girl in the book is supposed to be mid 20s.
Carrie Pokorney
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
easy and comical read, like listening to one of my girl friends over Sunday funday beers. wish there were more stories about dating disasters though, was expecting more awkward experiences but would definitely pay for a second book by Glantz.
Grier Kantor
This is more like a long magazine article than an actual book (I read it over my lunch break at work). It's somewhat relatable and humorous at parts but just lacked staying power with me. Unfortunately, while amusing, I wouldn't recommend.
Katie Dillon
Jul 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
Look, I'm all for books about 20-somethings figuring themselves out. But this was a boring, trite attempt on a not-so-new issue. I wasn't particularly a fan of the writing either. I'm annoyed that I finished it, but it was so short there wasn't any reason not to.
Zara
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny to read

I'd like to read what she has to say if she's 30 something and single. It's more like a vent ... definitely not a self help book like she says. You single in your 20s and beyond? You'd appreciate the humour
Angela
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book because the title fits my life at this point. I guess I had high expectations for this book and to be honest I was let down. Not only did it only take about an hour to read in full but it was not even that funny and at times I felt awkward just reading it. #womp
Emily
Jun 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't relate to this book

This short book was written in a glib fashion by a 20 something. It was kind of off-putting that the author was so self centered. It came to an abrupt end without a conclusion. I cannot recommend it.
Marian
I liked this book a lot! Jen's stories are funny and she tells them in an entertaining way. The content might seem a little trivial, but I think that a lot of twenty-something women (like myself) can relate.
Sara
Jul 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in 20 minutes. It was so bad I immediately returned it for a refund on Amazon. It's all over the place, trying too hard to be funny, and disjointed.
Rasika
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Witty funny.
Sara Volk-Perez
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and quirky

A very fast read. Great stories of love mishaps with tons of humor. Would definitely like to read more from this author.
Emily Frances
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can totally relate to this book.
Kristina
Jan 06, 2019
Stef Bee
Oct 06, 2015
Tom McGuffey
rated it did not like it
May 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Engagement Game: Why I Said "I Don't" to Marriage and "I Do" to Me
  • What Was I Thinking?: 58 Bad Boyfriend Stories
  • True Ghost Stories: Jim Harold's Campfire 2
  • Wedding Cake for Breakfast: Essays on the Unforgettable First Year of Marriage
  • Altared: Bridezillas, Bewilderment, Big Love, Breakups, and What Women Really Think About Contemporary Weddings
  • Stop What You're Doing and Read This!
  • Not A Match: My True Tales of Online Dating Disasters
  • How to Be Successful without Hurting Men's Feelings: Non-threatening Leadership Strategies for Women
  • A Moveable Feast: Life-Changing Food Adventures Around the World
  • The Big Shuffle (Hallie Palmer, #3)
  • If You Loved Me You'd Think This Was Cute: Uncomfortably True Cartoons About You
  • Best Food Writing 2013
  • Exposed: Confessions of a Wedding Photographer: A Memoir
  • Revelations of a Single Woman: Loving the Life I Didn't Expect
  • Have I Got a Guy for You: What Really Happens When Mom Fixes You Up
  • The Gate: 13 Dark and Odd Tales
  • Single State of the Union: Single Women Speak Out on Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
  • Breakaway: From Behind the Iron Curtain to the NHL--The Untold Story of Hockey's Great Escapes
Jen Glantz is the world’s first professional bridesmaid and founder of Bridesmaid for Hire. She’s the heartbeat behind the website The Things I Learned From, and the author of the Amazon-bestselling ebook, All My Friends are Engaged. She can be found in New York City wearing old bridesmaid dresses to the grocery store, on first dates, or double-fisting slices of one-dollar pizza.