Start by marking “Yours and Mine: A Contemporary Friends to Lovers Romance (Friends with Benefits)” as Want to Read:

A new standalone novel by six-time USA Today bestselling author Lacey Silks

We share the same birthday and breathe the same air.

My best friend Nick, lives next door and our windows are only a foot apart.

I know him better than he knows himself, but I can't tell him that because well, he's a boy... that is, until he grows up and becomes a man.

A strong, handsome and persuasiv
Published June 21st 2016 by MyLit Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Yours and Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yours and Mine

Erin
Jun 29, 2016 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
While I liked this book, I wasn't in love with it.

This is a good friends-to lovers-to tragedy-back to lovers story. The MCs have been friends forever and as they get into high school, they realize they have deeper feelings for each other. They are in love but the H, Nick, wants to go into the Army and serve his country like his deceased father. Of course the heroine, Joelle, doesn't want him to leave and is very distraught over this. They have basically been together since either can remember s
• Michelle's Romance Reviews •
Jun 20, 2016 • Michelle's Romance Reviews • rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
{Arc for an honesty review}
this book was to beautiful!! I cried and laughed during this book it was wonderful! I loved jo story about heartache, and I also loved the story devoplped it is beautiful friends to lover reads just wonder! And I defentley be reading more of this author.
Kathleen R.
Page Count:304 pages
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

We share the same birthday and breathe the same air.

My best friend Nick, lives next door and our windows are only a foot apart.

Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Being a huge fan of Lacey Silks and having indulged in almost all of her steamy suspenseful reads, I thought I was prepared for the journey that she would take me on. I couldn't have been more wrong. She kept me tied up in emotional knots all throughout Yours and Mine. With turbulent feelings towards both Nick and Joelle, this novel had my heart skipping right along with the stones that they loved to skip in the water together throughout their c
Jenny
Oct 24, 2016 Jenny rated it really liked it
Much more serious than I expected, this was a tragic love story that actually made me cry. Happy ending and deeper than anticipated.
Desiree Skinner
Oct 06, 2016 Desiree Skinner rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing

I really loved reading this book. I loved how nick and jos relationship grew and the hard times they shared. I'm happy the author didn't move the characters on. It made you cry and laugh. It was a very good story.
Sophia
Mar 02, 2017 Sophia rated it it was amazing
100 stars

Wow, this is the book. Lacey Silk did it again. From the very beginning this book completely grabbed me. I couldn't stop reading till I reached the end. Read, read and read! You won't be disappointed!
Lisa Stinson
Jun 12, 2016 Lisa Stinson rated it it was amazing
Not surprising...but this is another 5 star novel from Lacey. Every book she writes is absolutely wonderful. This was a beautiful friends to lovers to having a second chance at happiness novel. It was written perfectly, even though there were a few times I shed some tears but there were so many more times that I smiled with true happiness at all the things this novel brought. Jo and Nick were born the same day and grew up right next door to one another. Jo's mother passed away when she was born ...more
2kasmom
Feb 28, 2017 2kasmom rated it really liked it
Nick and Joelle grow up together living right next door. Close enough, that everyone in their hometown thinks they will end up together. While that is certainly becoming a possibility, why is it assumed?

Joelle AKA Jo is only certain of one thing. Her love for Nick. It changes her, and almost kills her too. Together, they make an amazing couple. Too bad they have to find a way to live apart.

Certainly an interesting story with surprise after surprise inside! The characters are honest, and truly de
chloegirl
Jul 15, 2016 chloegirl rated it it was ok
When I picked this book up, I expected a Friends to Lovers romance, where maybe it began as friends with benefits since this collection of books is named just that, Friends with Benefits. What I got was a Friends to Lovers story, but it was a crazy roller coaster of a story with way too many plot twists and turns that made the story I began as liking to something I started to despise. I do have to note the story began when the characters Jo and Nick were 12/13 years old, and at that age the dial ...more
Kimberly
Joelle Kagan and Nicholas Tuscan have been entwined in each other’s lives since the day they were born-literally. They were born on the same day, lived across from each other, spent every waking moment in each other’s presence so much that Jo was an extension of Nick, and Nick was an extension of Jo.

And they would be that way for forever, until one day they weren’t.

Yours and Mine is not your typical friends-to-lovers story, and knowing the author is Lacey Silks-well-I wouldn’t expect it to be. M
Abagail
Jun 21, 2016 Abagail rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, netgalley
I really liked the premise of this book. Friends to lovers, childhood friends born on the same day, next door neighbors, the boy even bakes, how could this book go wrong? And for the first 9 chapters, I really enjoyed Jo and Nick's burgeoning romance. But the book forewent the "will they won't they?" pacing of the usual coming of age story, and their romance was solidified within the first 20% of the book (which honestly, adds a whole other level of anxiety when it comes to reading these types o ...more
Oz Girl
Jun 19, 2016 Oz Girl rated it it was amazing
Every once in a while, a book comes along that really touches your soul and brings a smile to your heart. Yours and Mine by Lacey Silks Is that book. Be sure to strap yourself in for a ride that will take you to the highest of highs and lowest of lows. An emotional read worthy of more than five stars.
Yours and Mine is a story built on friendship, compassion, acceptance, love, loss, change and true realities. This book is one I will long remember as being poetic and powerful with a wonderful mess
Mary
Jun 19, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
Fabulous journey of love and devotion that gives you every emotion on the spectrum as we live Joelle’s life with her. Joelle and Nick were born on the same day and lived next door to each other. They were destined to be best friends, would they end up married? We follow their journey from their teen years through adulthood as they each must grow into the people they need to be, following their dreams even if it means they will spend time apart. This is a an all-encompassing roller-coaster ride t ...more
Rachael Fick
Jun 19, 2016 Rachael Fick rated it it was amazing

Nick & Joelle are as close as two people can be. Growing up, they were inseparable; both children of widowed bakers, they even share a birthday. And when they found love, it was magical.

Until one decision changes everything, and Joelle's world is turned on its axis...

If you're looking for a sweet friends to lovers plotline, you won't find it here. Like all true love stories, it isn't all hearts & roses - there are a few places that absolutely broke my heart. (I admit that I actually nee
Shawntee Clark
Jul 17, 2016 Shawntee Clark rated it it was amazing
Have a Tissue Nearby, because this one is a tearjerker

Joelle and Nicks coming of age love story is filled with so much emotions and so many meaningful characters you hate to see it end. I wish I had more to read, right now as I'm writing this review my heart is so full. I laughed, I cried and I cried some more, because things kept happening one after the other to the point I couldn't keep up in the emotions department. I mean the chemistry and love of not only Joelle and Nick, but between Joell
Shelly Celli
Nov 15, 2016 Shelly Celli rated it it was amazing
Amazing story

Holy cow that was an intense book. I've always loved books that have twists and turns, but this one has got to be my all time favorite. It kept me on my toes the whole way through and I just could not put it down. The characters are special in their own individual ways, each of them had their own part to bring to the story. The love that everyone has for each other is heart melting and they show that they will always be there for one another no matter what. I'll admit there there ar
Bea
Jun 26, 2016 Bea rated it really liked it
I received a free copy via NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.
"The most difficult battles in your life are the ones you don't expect. They make you stronger"
Jo and Nick have been best friends since they were kids. But as they become adults they realise that the way the feel for each other is much more than friendship. We only know the story through Jo's point of view.
I loved this book. It was a surprise how much I liked it. It' s such a beautiful and sweet story that I was smiling while
LLEP  Book Blog
Jun 28, 2016 LLEP Book Blog rated it it was amazing
This was such an emotional read for me. At first, I was almost bored with the story since it was told in the past and kinda of was just an outline of how these 2 characters were so strong and good together, Once the book was in the present it really grabbed my attention.
Jo and Nick grew up with one another and knew they belonged together. They both had dreams and had to grow up. Years passed and lives have been lost and started and friendships have been strengthened and some have been strained.
lovestoread
Jul 25, 2016 lovestoread rated it it was amazing
Goodness! I can't begin - the emotions this book pulled out were non-stop. One minute I'm laughing and then a bit later I'm crying. Such an emotional rollercoaster ride. I feel so much for those who have loved ones in the forces.

First, I have to say I am so glad this is a stand alone. I have read so many books lately that are to be continued - it gets tiresome.

This story rocked. It seemed like Jo and Nick were made for each other and yet the trials they endure. Neighbours since they were born, f
pamela d bryant
Jul 13, 2016 pamela d bryant rated it it was amazing
GREAT!

I chose this rating because this was a really great book. I loved the characters, they were like everyone should be. Being kind and helping each other. I also loved the way Nick and Joelle were friends before they became lovers. Now this is a book really enjoyed, but I was sad when her friend girl died. Also the way the Marines upset her life with information that her finance had died in the line of duty. I liked when she found out that he wasn't dead. But I could understand Joelle's hesit
Courtney
Jun 14, 2016 Courtney rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read from Lacey Silks! Joelle and Nick have grown up together, they have the same birthdate, and have always been friends. When the friendship turns to love, this couple is adorable. Then Nick decides he needs to branch out and follow in his dad's footsteps by joining the military. What happens next tests the strength of their relationship to the max. This book made me laugh, pulled at my heart strings and captured my attention from the first page. I loved this book! I was given ...more
Juli
Jun 01, 2016 Juli rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy from Hype PR...

This book was sweet and heart wrenching romance. We meet Nick and Jo the day before their 13th birthday and we get see their deep bond. Their mother's gave birth to them on the same and they have been close ever since.

This book shows their long and heart wrenching journey from best friends to lovers, but it was most definitely not an easy road. There is lots of lost and healing among the characters and it makes you feel like a part of their family.
Kaye
Jun 14, 2016 Kaye rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I loved Jo's story of first love, heart ache, good friends and finding happiness again, in the small town of Hope Bay!!! With the real Lacey Silks fashion, this story will make you laugh, break your heart a bit then heal you with all the sweetest love in the world! I just want to stay in the story and just com out when the next story is available.

This page-turner is heart-breaking as i is heart-warming! I can't recommend it enough!!!
Terri
Oct 05, 2016 Terri rated it it was amazing
Beautiful read...

The best book in the series thus far. Young love blossomed into an all consuming adult love. You watched them grow and took the journey with them. It's a tear jerker, funny, passionate and heartfelt. Some parts were predictable but the twists that came with it was intense. A worthy read.
Patti
Jun 13, 2016 Patti rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story of a boy and girl who live in a small-town born on the same day, lived next door to each other, are best friends through high school when their friendship turns to more. This book will make you smile, laugh, cry...take you on an emotional rollercoaster. Loved it. Cannot wait for Carter and Molly's story.
gail lorde
Jun 29, 2016 gail lorde rated it it was amazing
Interesting

I will tell you that I simply loved this book. From the opening line to the very ending I was very interested to find out what was going to happen next. Loved that it was a interesting story line that peaked your interest. Would recommend to anyone to read.
Karen Cook
Jun 24, 2016 Karen Cook rated it really liked it
An engrossing story

A heart breaking story with a happy ending. The story had so many ups and downs that keep you wanting to read more to see what happened. A close group of friends growing up ready to start their adult life with all the dramas of real life.
Robin Shawn
Jul 03, 2016 Robin Shawn rated it really liked it
I was not expecting this book to have as much to it as it did. There were definitely some pretty unrealistic parts and it was choc full of angst, but I did have a hard time putting it down. I will definitely read the next book in the series.
Cyndy Richard
Jun 14, 2016 Cyndy Richard rated it it was amazing
This is just a fantastic book! I loved every page of it after I wiped my tears away so I could keep reading. Every couple has it's ups a down like Jo and Nick. Their's just seems to put there love to the test.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
USA Today Bestselling Author Lacey Silks writes erotic and contemporary romances with a touch of suspense. Her stories come from her life, dreams and fantasies. She’s a happily married wife with two kids who uses her husband to test out the more intimate scenes for her writing – he said he doesn’t mind it at all.

Lacey likes to make her readers blush and experience the story as if they were the ch
More about Lacey Silks...