Start by marking “Captive of My Desires” as Want to Read:
Captive of My Desires

Captive of My Desires (Malory Family #8)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  9,533 Ratings  ·  255 Reviews
Johanna Lindsey's new Pocket Books hardcover will be the eighth novel in her wildly popular Malory family series. Charming rogue Drew Anderson finally meets his match when James Malory introduces the daughter of his old pirate friend to London society.
Hardcover, Large Print, 503 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Thorndike Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Captive of My Desires, please sign up.

Alexis Bennett Yes! I was quite suprised by that (when she has a "dream" and he was literally in it!) If Johanna hadn't painted the picture that they both were on…moreYes! I was quite suprised by that (when she has a "dream" and he was literally in it!) If Johanna hadn't painted the picture that they both were on the same page with that I would definitely be more shocked but I do think she could have made it a bit more clear at least (less)

NiCoLeTa E.
***4,5 "The Andersons are back!!!" stars***

I honestly don't know how the Andersons manage to do that to me...

Even though that i adore the Mallorys, the Andersons's stories are making me so excited...
This was the second book in the series (No, the third!!!) that was for an Anderson and for once again, i lived with him a wonderful adventure... full of pirates and treasure hunting and some balls back in England...

It was an interesting mix and i enjoyed it very much!!!

After the loss of her mother,
KarenH
Ugh. Looks like I dipped in the Malory well one too many times. After reading The Magic of You and Say You Love Me, and enjoying both immensely, I was looking forward to more of the same with Captive of My Desires. What a let-down. Not only were the hero and heroine totally mismatched, but I couldn't suspend disbelief enough to accept that any man would want this b*ch for a wife, much less one of Georgina's brothers.

First of all, where did the cheeky, fun-loving Drew Anderson from prior Malory
Chrissa Vasileiou
★ Ποτέ δεν συμπάθησα πολύ τις ιστορίες με πειρατές/κουρσάρους/ναυτικούς και λοιπούς θαλασσοδαρμένους. Προτιμούσα ανέκαθεν την αγγλική εξοχή από το ανοιχτό πέλαγος και ποτέ δεν βρήκα εξίσου ενδιαφέρουσες ανάλογες ιστορίες εποχής που διαδραματίζονται μεσοπέλαγα.
★ Ποτέ δεν θεώρησα τους Άντερσον τόσο ενδιαφέροντες όσο τους Μάλορι. ΕΞΑΙΡΕΙΤΑΙ Ο ΓΟΥΟΡΕΝ. ❤❤
★ Δεν μπορώ να πω πως με κέρδισε το κεντρικό ζευγάρι, ο Ντρου και η Γκαμπριέλ. Εκείνον πάντα τον έβλεπα ως (πολύ) δεύτερο, ο χαρακτήρας εκείνης δεν
Zeek
Sorry to say it was a yawner. Don't get me wrong, I finished it. I just didn't feel the love- and, unfortunately, it's been like that for quite some time with her latest releases. I used to eat up all her novels like a fat kid eating cake. Not anymore.

The only thing I really liked about this foray into the Mallory saga was the fact that it brought to mind Pirates of the Caribbean Two. Other than that ... the heroine's backstory is rushed (it would have been a ton more interesting if Lindsey had
Raynell
Not fully done yet, but I'm completely irritated. It's obvious that Lindsey is no longer writing these books; the prose and voice are very different from her earlier novels. But whatever, authors get old and feeble and can't type as well so they have to hire a ghostwriter. Fine. Just disable that damned shift+1 key, will ya? Exclamation marks should be used sparingly and only in dialogue. In prose, it just makes you sound like an excitable teenager on deviantArt or fanfiction.net. Or maybe that' ...more
Holly
Nov 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: johanna-lindsey
This was so disappointing. Praises to the higher powers that I didn't buy this in hardcover.

I think most people who read this book had read previous Malory novels so bought this hoping for a sweeping romance, a la Gentle Rogue. This is not that book.

Drew Anderson is a jerk. I can't stand the man who looks down on anyone due to their circumstances and Drew does that from the moment he meets Gabrielle. He hears the word "pirate" and "Gabrielle" in one sentence and condemns her as one of their ba
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Και ήρθε η στιγμή που η οικογένεια Άντερσον κάνει το δικό της come back, με τον Ντρου, αδερφό της Τζορτζίνας και κουνιάδο του Τζέιμς Μάλορι, να προκαλεί νέα αναστάτωση στις δύο οικογένειες. Βλέπετε, η Γκαμπριέλ Μπρουκς, μετά το θάνατο της μητέρας της θ' αναζητήσει τον αποξενωμένο πατέρα της στα νησιά της Καραϊβικής. Για τρία χρόνια θα ζήσει ελεύθερη, κυνηγώντας περιπέτειες και θησαυρούς, μέχρι τη στιγμή που ο πατέρας της την ειδοποιεί πως πρέπει να μαζευτεί πίσω στην Αγγλία για να βρει γαμπρό κα ...more
Kasey
Not one of my favorite Malory books. While I did actually enjoy most of the book and my biggest complaint isn't that large of a part it did make me take off a star. I was hooked at the beginning of this book and wondered who the woman to catch Drew would be. I was happy when Gabby came into the picture. I liked her character and knew it would be a good fit for the man with a sweetheart in every port. I was hooked into their romance all the way until the capturing of Drew's ship. Then we went thr ...more
Tiko
wow it was soo good! i think that maybe it was the best book in whole series! even better then James's book! (cant believe that im saying this :D)

it was adventurous, romantic, sweet, cute, funny... all the things that i adore in a romance book :D i loved the fact that in this book we could see english ballrooms, ton, fancy life... and then sea, pirates, storms and captures!
the contrast was absolutely fascinating :D and the fact that two of my most fav characters had a big part to play in this bo
Leslie
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
reread I love these Mallory-andersons!! its like my 4 maybe even 5 reread lol :)
Zel Polev
Michelle
Captive of My Desires was a fairly good book but definitely not as good as some of the previous books in the series. After Gabrielle Brook’s mom passed away she searches for her father and finds out he is a pirate. For 3 years she lives at sea with her father while searching for treasure and making up for their lost time together. Then the day comes where her father decides she must go back to England and find a man to marry. She doesn’t want to give up her life at sea but she does so in order t ...more
Kris
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After the death of her mother, an upstanding member of the upper class in regency era England, Gabrielle Brooks voyages to the Caribbean to find her father, whom she barely knows as he has been away or many years in his business as a tradesman. Gabrielle discovers that her father is in fact a "gentlemen pirate", though her mother never knew, and decides to stay and live with him on the island of St. Kitts. Three years later, her father decides it is time she find a husband and that she deserves ...more
Hanife
. Bu Kitabı Eğlence İçin Macera İçin aşk İçin Okuyun Diyorum. Kitabın Başından Sonuna İlgi Çekici Çarpıcı Hikaye Karakterleri Çok Güçlü Kendini Sevdiren Bir Kitap. Öncelikle Biraz Hikayeyi Çıtlatıyım. Kızımızın Adı Gaby Kendisi Aristokrat Bir Anne Ve Ticaret Gemisi Kaptanı Olduğunu Sandığı Bir Babaya Sahip. Annesi Ölünce Vasiliği Çok Berbat Bir Adama Verilme Tehlikesindeyken İngiltereden Ayrılıp Babasını Açık Gemilerde Aramaya Koyuluyor ve Gemisi Korsanlar Tarafından Ele Geçiriliyor. Fidye İçin ...more
Judy
Oct 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 8: Captive of My Desires
Payback can be quite passionate!
Gabrielle Brooks was raised by her English socialite mother. When her mother passed on she went looking for her father, and found out her father is a pirate. Well these days he is more of a treasure hunter. After three wonderful years on his Island he decides she needs a season in London and she is sent to the home of James & Georgina Malory. Georgina's brother Drew is quite handsome but says he's a confirmed bachelor. When Drew s
Netha
Nov 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kali ini bercerita ttg drew anderson & gabrielle brooks.

gabrielle brooks, putri nathan brooks, teman lama james yg pernah menolong james datang ke london untuk mencari suami.
georgina & para wanita mallory membantu gabrielle untuk masuk kalangan atas london.
kebetulan dikediaman georgina ada drew & boyd yg kebetulan di inggris.
sejak awal pertemuan drew suka cari gara2 dengan gabrielle.
dia tertarik pada gabrielle tapi predikat gabrielle yg "pirate's daughter" membuatnya berpikir berulan
İlkim
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mallory ailesine 8. kitaptan dalmış olmamı göz ardı ederek diyebilirim ki gerçekten güzel bir romandı. Serinin tamamını okumak istedim şu an hatta. Kitabın normalden farklı bir kurgusu vardı, korsanların dahil olduğu bir kitabı ilk defa okumuş olmalıyım. Kitabın zirvesi ise Gabrielle'in Drew'in gemisini çalarak onu zincirlemesiydi. Durumun garipliği çok hoşuma gitti açıkçası :D Drew'i baştan çıkarmaya çalışması ve sonucunda kendisinin daha çok baştan çıkması da güzel bir kısımdı. Uçsuz bucaksız ...more
Purple
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OHHH just wonderful! I will admit that I didnt like how it began... It was dragging on in the beginning itself and I was questioning myself If I should continue and the other fact was that the male lead made a serious late entry into the story... Even then I was like K Drew is too sassy... Do i want to read a historical romance novel where the male lead is not a mysterious and dark one... Readers I was sooooo wrong! Drew not only swept Gabby off her feet but also me too hahahaha... After that it ...more
Nonieღserenity2bliss
I was Googling for author who is similar to Judith McNaught and Johanna Lindsey was mentioned several time. I don't know why or who suggested that because I failed to find the similarity.

This is my first book by the author and sad to say, it wasn't a great introduction.

I'm still deciding whether or not to give this author another try because one reviewer mentioned that her earlier books are much better than this one.
April
Aug 24, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I hadn't read any of the previous Malory novels, I think I wouldn't have been so disappointed with the storyline and characters in this book. I hate to say it, but I think Lindsey has lost some of her writing magic because she hasn't been able to create the same quality of books she as those in the past. I have always loved Johanna Lindsey's books, but her last three books have been disappointing and I probably would waste my money to purchase one for my own.
Elle
Sep 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good elements to the story, but I wish Lindsey wouldn't spend half the book TELLING you what's going on rather than SHOWING. I keep wanting to skip the exposition, and I have to remind myself that this is her style, that if I skip 50% of the book I'm not going to know what's going on. Seriously, she's a better writer than that.
Wii
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
bisa bilang apa lagi Drew Anderson, memang bad boy, saat merayu Gabby kasang romantis+lucu, tapi kadang langsung blak-blakan...oh paling suka pas Gabby yang mo menghindar pas mo dicium sama Drew...
Gabby bilang : jangan....
Drew bilanag : berhenti...? (ngekanjutin omonganx gabby, tapi sebenerx bukan itu maksud gabby)
dasar Drew, bad boy .... :) pokokx lucu.
Katherine
I usually love JL's books but this was one doesn't make the cut. The heroine is a pain in the arse. It started out nicely but the longer it went the more I wanted it to be over. A pirate story went bad. :(
Vanessa
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Vanessa by: @Annie
Drew Anderson & Gabrielle Brooks
Kathy
Gabrielle.... daughter of an aristocratic cousin and a pirate (whom they believe is a merchant, but is a pirate that is really more of a treasure hunter)... She only sees him occasionally, a couple of times a year, but she loves him... He only married her mom because her mom was looking for a husband to have a child by, and because he thought she the key to finding a portion of a treasure map...

at 18, her mother dies - and the solicitor wants to put her under the guardianship of an unsavory man
Grace
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
3.5
Serena Miles
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La verdad es que no es de los mejores de esta saga, pero aun asi me ha gustado mucho y ha estado muy entretenido

7/10
Marie
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bintang 4.
Buku ke8 seri Malory-Anderson Family

Suka kisah romantis bajak laut pencari harta, apalagi kalo jagoannya cewe yg tahu apa yg diinginkannya dan cepat tanggap dalam menghadapi masalah, dan diakhir kisah sang heroine menjadi harta berharga bagi sang hero walau sedari awal sang hero tak ingin berhubungan dengan apapun yg berkaitan dengan bajak laut.

Gabrielle Brooks menyeberangi lautan dari Inggris menuju Karibia mencari ayahnya Kapten Brooks setelah kematian ibunya karena tak ingin berwali
Bookcrazy

Ich liebe ja die Mallory Familie....

In diesem Band geht es um Gabrielle (Gabby), die die letzten Jahre nach dem Tod ihrer Mutter in der Karibik bei ihrem Vater Nathan, einem Pirat aufwuchs und nun von ihm nach England geschickt wird um einen Ehemann zu finden. So kommt es, dass Gabby im Haushalt von James Mallory landet und Georgina Gabby in die feine Gesellschaft einführt - an ihrer Seite ihr Bruder Drew Anderson, der seine Augen kaum von Gabby abwenden kann.
Haley Nguyen
I don't even know what to say.

Well, actually, I have plenty about which to complain... So please be warned if you happen to come accross this ranting section of mine!

...

This 8th installment is just so very disappointing, considering the three following of a variety of reasons, it pained me for not being able to rate the book higher.

Perhaps one of the reasons why I couldn't find the enjoyment in "Captive of My Desires" is the focus's not being put on the Malorys but on the Andersons. I like the
Más libros para Latinoamérica!!! 1 3 Nov 27, 2015 02:59PM
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)
  • Tempted All Night (Neville Family, #4)
  • The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy, #1)
  • The Heiress Bride (Brides, #3)
  • Only a Duke Will Do (School for Heiresses, #2)
  • The Prince Kidnaps a Bride (Lost Princesses, #3)
  • Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)
  • Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses
  • The Night Before The Wedding
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Malory Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
  • Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2)
  • Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3)
  • The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)
  • Say You Love Me (Malory-Anderson Family, #5)
  • The Present (Malory-Anderson Family, #6)
  • A Loving Scoundrel (Malory-Anderson Family, #7)
  • No Choice But Seduction (Malory-Anderson Family, #9)
  • That Perfect Someone (Malory-Anderson Family, #10)
  • Stormy Persuasion (Malory-Anderson Family, #11)

“While I don’t doubt your word, m’dear, I must point out that one person can never fully control another’s actions.” 0 likes