Start by marking “Kindling the Celtic Spirit: Ancient Traditions to Illumine Your Life Through the Seasons” as Want to Read:

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  386 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
In this beautiful treasury of sacred wisdom, Mara Freeman shares the rich legacy of the Celts -- the festivals, gods and goddesses, saints, faeries, music, poetry, and storytelling that anchor this magical tradition. Discover myths, rituals, recipes, and crafts for every month of theyear. Honor Saint Brigit with a prayer in February, or ensure a merry start to May with a b ...more
Published December 26th 2000 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about Kindling the Celtic Spirit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kindling the Celtic Spirit

Dean
Mar 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Dean by: I saw the author at a faire.
I got this book a few years back and it became one of the most important books in my life. I cannot say enough about this book other than if you do not own it,you should. This book is wonderfull for the Pagan and non Pagan Alike. It has been my spritual guide for as many years as I have owned it,and I will contintue to buy copies for friends and my son when he comes of age. A lifetime book.
Rachel
Oct 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritualité
Ce livre ce lit comme un almanach. Mois par mois, l'auteur nous présente la vie à la façon celte : mythes, recettes, fêtes, art et symboles par exemple. On peut y puiser aussi réflexions et méditations sur la vie, apprendre sur des traditions anciennes et les adapter à notre rythme de vie.

Bref, si vous aimez la culture celtique, je vous le recommande.
Christina
Mar 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
This is a cycle of the year book, and since I've been reading it for a year now, I guess it's time to call it "read". But I'll probably keep reading it, a month at a time, for a while...
Holly
Jan 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of all things Celtic
Recommended to Holly by: The book's energy
This book breathes air into my soul. It has great stories and beautiful ritual
Rivera Sun
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I read each chapter on the first of the month ... this is my second read. It is re-weaving something that was lost long ago (in my family), although surprising pieces remain. It is connecting me to the rhythm of the Earth's cycles and the old legends of my ancestors.
Casey Miller
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found most of this book really interesting. I loved reading about the history of the Celtic people and the celebrations throughout the year. I was less interested in the sections that she called "The Inner Cauldron", wherein she talked about ways you can meditate on the gods of the ancient celts and use the magical powers for yourself. That part is a bit hocus-pocus for my tastes, but I did enjoy learning about the symbolism of different trees, herbs, and animals, and I love that she included ...more
Heather
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
K.
A thoroughly researched and detailed reference book for anyone who wants to learn more about Celtic spirituality. The book is divided into the pagan Wheel of the Year, with background on each of the festivals, with information about sacred places, animals, trees, and much more. An excellent resource for spiritual seekers.
Narkitsa Orada
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: religion
Not sure what to say about this book. There's nothing specific I disliked about it, and it's a beautiful concept. In the event, though, I found it somewhat flat. If you can borrow it, it's a relatively nice read, but I wish I hadn't paid for it.
Diana
Jan 06, 2013 is currently reading it
just having a break , its a great book, but as its a wheel of the year book and I'm up to August in the book, Only at March in real time, so want to read rest of book later in the year to appreciate it more.
Alyce
Jan 09, 2010 rated it liked it
So Far it is fascinating and is helping me a lot with class on Celebrant and ceremony.
Marie
Aug 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful insight to the world of the Ancient Celts.
Pam
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting and informative of Celtic customs in various regions.
Becky
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who is into celtic life.
Recommended to Becky by: Amazon.com
I like the stories and history given in the book.
Jean
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Was nice to be i a romance that was more adveture, then Allways getting tangled in long love triangles
Andrew
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another year long book completed!
Siobhan
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celtic
I refer to this book all the time!
Anne Kelleher
  • Living Druidry
  • Pagan Celtic Britain
  • Carmina Gadelica: Hymns and Incantations from the Gaelic
  • Celtic Tree Mysteries: Practical Druid Magic & Divination
  • Celtic Myth & Magick: Harnessing the Power of the Gods and Goddesses (Llewellyn's World Religion and Magic Series)
  • Craft of the Wild Witch: Green Spirituality & Natural Enchantment
Mara Freeman, M.A., is a British author and teacher of Western esoteric wisdom and spirituality, which she has taught internationally for over thirty years. She is an initiate in the Western Mystery Tradition, an Archdruidess of the Irish Druid Clan of Dana, and Honored Bard with the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids. Her book, Kindling the Celtic Spirit has been hailed as the best modern introduc ...more
More about Mara Freeman

$10.74 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99