Start by marking “Not Forgotten (Angel: Season 1, #1)” as Want to Read:
Not Forgotten (Angel: Season 1, #1)

Not Forgotten (Angel: Season 1 #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  580 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Even if it takes an eternity, he will make amends...

BURNING BODIES

A crime wave has swept the Los Angeles area, which under normal circumstances would be par for the course. But nothing links these particular victims except the cause of deaththeir bodies were burned from the inside out. Obviously supernatural forces are at work.

While Angel investigates the murders, Cordel
Published April 1st 2000 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Not Forgotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Forgotten

Kiri
Jun 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Interesting so far only problem is that apparently no one informed the author (I'm figuring Ms. Holder) that "Angel/Angelus's" original name was Liam when he was human. Somewhat important thing to know when writing about the time when he was alive in a flashback.. certainly something an editor should have caught.

This was an odd story. I think the writer was trying for time shifts by using unusual segues. It didn't work. There are bits of the story that don't belong, they are nice fro showing th
Gabriel Mero
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story. My only complaint is that once again there are flashbacks to Angel's pre-vamp days and he is referred to as Angelus. Again...his human name was Liam....
Brittany
Oct 28, 2011 rated it liked it
The first original story from the 'Angel' novelizations. Written by Nancy Holder (who did it's predecessor 'City Of'), this book is a nice read for those who want adventures between the episodes of the original show. Originally taking place in the first half of Angel series one, this places Angel, Cordelia, and Doyle on the hunt for a supernatural being that is targeting immigrants.

The story itself has a lot of promise, and it starts off really steady, but half way into the book it starts to sl
Dharia Scarab
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it

4 sta
Jim C
Apr 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
A book based on the television show. One would assume that when a author writes about characters of a tv show that the author would have his or her facts straight. Not so in this book. I found a couple of different glaring mistakes. These mistakes were not tiny mistakes but mistakes that moved the plot along. For this reason, I could not give it a higher rating. Also, I believe more time of the story was spent on the villians than the characters that are the reason we are reading this book. My r ...more
Lisa
Angel Investigations gets involved in an ancient conspiracy to bring the god of death into the earthly plane. Doyle's still alive at this point, and I always felt his character shouldn't have been killed off eight episodes into the show, so that was a plus. And Cordelia's not crazy - also a development that I think contributed to the show's demise. The plot's nothing special, and since the books are technically not considered "canon," I guess I can't get mad about timeline inconsistencies, but t ...more
Ceejay
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nancy Holder has written an excellent novel about Angel's life in Los Angeles. And, just like in the TV show, Angel, Doyle, and Cordelia find themselves having to fight a creature of evil. This time around they are dealing with an evil god based in Indonesian lore. It's an interesting story with a surprise ending. Nancy Holder has always done well writing Buffy and Angel stories. With both series gone, these books allow us to continue to get our fix of these two shows.
Nothing
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it
That was so fucking anticlimactic. The story was interesting till the last 10 pages. Then it just fizzled out. And so many stories were started but left hanging. Just whispers of rumors of how they ended.
Xion
Jul 27, 2011 added it
Good book crap load of typos. but a good book.
  • Redemption (Angel: Season 1, #2)
  • Close to the Ground (Angel: Season 1, #3)
  • Avatar (Angel: Season 1, #6)
  • Impressions (Angel: Season 3, #3)
  • Shakedown (Angel: Season 1, #4)
  • Hollywood Noir (Angel: Season 1, #5)
  • The Longest Night (Angel: Season 3, #2)
  • The Summoned (Angel: Season 1, #9)
  • Vengeance  (Angel: Season 2, #4)
  • Dark Mirror (Angel: Season 4-5, #5)
  • Soul Trade (Angel: Season 1, #7)
  • Book of the Dead (Angel: Season 4-5, #7)
  • Monster Island (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 6, #2; Angel: Season 3, #4)
  • The Willow Files, Vol. 1 (The Willow Files, #1)
  • The Xander Years, Vol. 1 (The Xander Years, #1)
  • Seven Crows (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #1; Angel: Season 4-5, #1)
  • Prime Evil (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #10)
Nancy Holder, New York Times Bestselling author of the WICKED Series, has just published CRUSADE - the first book in a new vampire series cowritten with Debbie Viguie. The last book her her Possession series is set to release in March 2011.

Nancy was born in Los Altos, California, and her family settled for a time in Walnut Creek. Her father, who taught at Stanford, joined the navy and the family t
More about Nancy Holder...

Angel: Season 1 (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Redemption (Angel: Season 1, #2)
  • Close to the Ground (Angel: Season 1, #3)
  • Shakedown (Angel: Season 1, #4)
  • Hollywood Noir (Angel: Season 1, #5)
  • Avatar (Angel: Season 1, #6)
  • Soul Trade (Angel: Season 1, #7)
  • Bruja (Angel: Season 1, #8)
  • The Summoned (Angel: Season 1, #9)
  • The Burning (Unseen Trilogy, #1)
  • Door to Alternity (Unseen Trilogy, #2)