Start by marking “Sh#t Your Ego Says: Strategies to Overthrow Your Ego and Become the Hero of Your Story” as Want to Read:

“James McCrae is the Eckhart Tolle of the Internet Generation.” –The Huffington Post

Sometimes our worst failures lead to our greatest transformation.
     In 2012, James McCrae left behind a comfortable life in Minnesota and a successful career in advertising to move to New York City and pursue his dreams of being a writer. Soon after he arrived, Hurricane Sandy ri
Published February 21st 2017 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Sh#t Your Ego Says, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sh#t Your Ego Says

Yodamom
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall a insightful read on the human ego. There were many "AH HA" moments, that had me scribbling notes when the author touched a nerve that related to me. Then there was the third of the book that left me scratching my head, forcing me to re-read a section and still wonder what he was getting on about. There was no connection for this reader but there might be for others, this is a person journey each person might find a different point relevant.
I finished with a page of notes, seve
D.J. Adamson
This is the first book I have reviewed which is not on the market, yet. However, James McCrae’s book is well worth the pre-order.
McCrae’s background is founder of Innerspace Foundation. He works with people and organizations to unlock their creative protentional. His background is NOT why I am putting his book on my editorial page. I struggle with EGO. From a background in sports, I am very competitive. This is good, I think, when I am weeding out and formulating marketing strategies. It is not
Amanda
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this I appreciate the mindfulness perspective from someone who, more or less, is a “regular” person living in this modern world just like me—not a devout monk, a renowned guru, or a glamorous celebrity.

Reading this felt like a conversation with a friend over coffee or cocktails—very relatable and reassuring without being saccharine.

Some may say there isn’t anything new or revelatory in here, and I agree—but the same is true for just about any book in this genre. We all
Favian
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
James McCrae tells readers to be more introspective and listen to their authentic selves in the midst of daily struggles. There were a lot of anecdotes and analogies used to drive his points home, although there were some flimsy chapters that did not have convincing arguments, such as the one about voodoo and the one about his grandfather. An honest piece of work where he comes to grips that even after all the lessons he learned while on Culebra Island, he himself continues to struggle against t ...more
Christine Hirtrescu
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
My main problem with this book is that it’s written from a very corporate/privileged perspective. As soon as he starts throwing in allegories about how he used to make sales pitches, he lost me. Lots of nuggets of wisdom sprinkled throughout but it became unfinish-able once I stopped trusting the narrative voice.
Nick
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book written by a great person! I was already excited about this book but then I read it and was just filled with excitement and gratitude. I highly recommend to anyone wanting to understand themselves a bit more. Thank you James McCrae!
Gina
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I heard an interview with the author and went home to order the book from Amazon. I’m so glad I did. It discussed many old ideas using new language and examples from the author’s personal experience. Dense, but quite readable. A breath of fresh air.
Erik
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
It's hard to define or conjure up what can you get from this book. You can take it as a salad spiced up with autobiographical elements of an author in search for a self touching in the process mysticism.
Lucy
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nice design, but the content was boring and disappointing. One spiritual cliché after another doesn't make a great self-helf book. There are lots of other books on the same topic which are much better.
Mauricio Lopez
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Lo mio no son los libros de auto ayuda, aunque este tiene uno que otro apunte interesante
Wade Courtney
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's a lot of shit we tell ourselves that keeps us from succeeding. This book helped me identify some of that shit and provided me with some tools to hopefully tell my ego to STFU.
Brian
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Nothing really profound, but some good thoughts on mindfulness and not worrying so much.
Paul Cardle

• The Joy of Argument
  • If Bees Are Few: A Hive of Bee Poems
  • Power of Breath: The art of breathing well for harmony, happiness, and health
  • The Enlightened Brain: The Neuroscience of Awakening
  • Emotional Vampires at Work: Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers Who Drain You Dry
  • The Self-Esteem Companion: Simple Exercises to Help You Challenge Your Inner Critic and Celebrate Your Personal Strengths
  • Click Millionaires: Work Less, Live More with an Internet Business You Love
  • The Unfinished Revolution: How a New Generation Is Reshaping Family, Work, and Gender in America
  • Star Trek / Legion of Super-Heroes
  • The Unfinished Revolution: Voices from the Global Fight for Women's Rights
  • How to Successfully Kidnap Strangers
  • False Victim: Based on a True Story
  • Get To Be Happy: Stories and Secrets to Loving the Sh*t Out Of Life
  • The Magic Lamp: Goal Setting for People Who Hate Setting Goals
  • Stuck: Why We Can't (or Won't) Move On
  • The Highly Intuitive Child: A Guide to Understanding and Parenting Unusually Sensitive and Empathic Children
  • Creative Journal: The Art of Finding Yourself
“My Ego said that I was a victim of circumstance. My Higher Self said that I create my own reality. My Ego told me to worry. My Higher Self told me to trust the present moment. My Ego said that everything was an accident. My Higher Self said that everything had a purpose. Find your ocean. “When Ego is lost, limit is lost.” — YOGI BHAJAN” 2 likes