Start by marking “20th Century Boys, Tome 15 (20th Century Boys, #15)” as Want to Read:
20th Century Boys, Tome 15 (20th Century Boys, #15)

20th Century Boys, Tome 15 (20th Century Boys #15)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  1,067 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
L'exposition universelle de 2015 va bientôt commencer. Le pape est sur le point de venir à Tokyo. Au Japon comme en Italie, ceux qui ont planifié son assassinat et ceux qui ont juré de le protéger sont sur le pied de guerre. Chacun se prépare pour le grand jour…
Published February 10th 2005 by Planet Manga (first published December 25th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about 20th Century Boys, Tome 15, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20th Century Boys, Tome 15

Christopher
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is quite possibly the volume of 20th Century Boys yet. Naoki Urasawa has brought his game with this new volume. The return of some "friends" make this a thrilling and compulsive read. Urasawa has created a genuinely terrifying villian who thrills and chills you at the same time. There are images in this volume that will stick with me for quite awhile. Can't wait for #16.
Norman Cook
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The tension is ratcheted up as the Pope arrives in Japan. Will Kanna and company be in time to thwart the Friends from assassinating him? Or is there an even more malevolent plan in the works? It could well be the end of the world, yet there is a glimmer of hope riding across the rainbow.
Malapata
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Sigue manteniendo el ritmo, pero vuelve a dar la sensación de "a ver cómo alargo esto un poco más".
Alexander Case
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anime-manga
Kanna's crew has just expanded by one, and we have Father Nitani's backstory. I kind of wish Nitani had the opportunity to bring the Pontiff on board, but ah well.
Mikael Kuoppala
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
For a few volumes already the "20th Century Boys" saga has been building up to a recreation of the 1971 World Expo, an important event in the childhood of the main characters. In a near-future totalitarian Japan that very same Expo with its futuristic pavilions is rising again, overshadowed by the death of the country's recently deceased dictator only known as The Friend. For a while now our protagonists opposing the government have known that the Pope is going to the expo and a prophecy the Fri ...more
Bradley
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why am I upset with this manga, now, after so much praise? It's not because of the perfectly balanced foreshadowing. Nor is it because I kind of half-expected this storytime outcome. No. I'm upset because I wanted the bad guy to have stayed dead and have the adventure continue as cleverly as it had before.

Although, if I'm going to be perfectly honest, seeing the pope get saved like that was pretty funny, even if it brings up a whole mess of messiah like complications. I mean, seriously!

Brad K Ho
নাজমুল হাসান
This volume was really powerful. It showed how the "Friend" introduced himself to the world as God, the False God. And soon after that, the world fell into ruin. Even those close to the friend couldn't grasp the length of "Friend's" scheming. I really liked one dialogue from this volume. "We must be aware of the False books. It contains some dangerous yet appealing altercation which lead people astray. We call those books "The Devil's Prophecies"."
Joy
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jesus Flores
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Its the pope visit to the Japan Expo and the Amigo funerals still going.

Kana's groups try to stop the pope from being murdered. But some big event happens that will change the story from that point forward.

Billy Abbott
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Introduction of even more characters (with backstories) and a chunk of plotline, and then have the denouement of part 2 of the arc? And give a 3 page teaser of the next volume which opens up another chunk of potential that we all hoped would appear? Only another 7 books to go...
Lusionnelle Wind
Well... I still want to see the end of it but i'm quite disappointed of how things go. Its just a little bit too much, I guess.
So bad while the previous volumes were so good!
Stephen
Feb 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Things are really starting to hot up now. Very exciting. This was a good volume.
Fredrik Strömberg
Upping the ante yet again, and keeping my interest going. Not bad for a 15th volume.
Joseph
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nia
Oct 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sold, komik, urasawa-naoki
'Sahabat' hidup lagi bahkan bertemu dengan Paus di ajang Expo....

Disinilah 'Sahabat' melindungi Paus dalam rangka aksi penembakan yang dilakukan oleh sniper, yang mengincar Paus...
Robert
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the end (of the world), my friend. This is the end.
Rob
Urasawa never tires of restlessly reinventing this story with each passing volume. Brilliant.
Cel Red
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Es el volumen más escalofriante, el mejor logrado y este es de los mejores planes malévolos ever. Este es el mejor volumen de todo el manga.
c0mpanion_cube_comics
Feb 12, 2013
Yohanes Nugraha
Sep 20, 2010
Michael
Not to damn with faint praise, but hands down the best manga i've ever read.
Michael S
Sean Bohan
Feb 08, 2014
  • Mushishi, Vol. 2
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 07
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 08 (Battle Royale, #8)
  • Black Jack, Vol. 2
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 5
  • Vagabond, Volume 11
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
Urasawa Naoki (浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival exc
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 01 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)