Start by marking “Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)” as Want to Read:
Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)

Beard Necessities

(Winston Brothers #7)

Billy Winston’s family is going to see him happy and in love if it’s the last thing they do.

No one deserves a happily-ever-after quite as much as the second oldest Winston brother and his lady love, Claire McClure (aka Scarlet St. Claire). Cruelty and circumstance tore them apart almost twenty years ago. Secrecy and bitterness kept them separated.

But you know who's tired
Published November 4th 2019 by Cipher-Naught

To ask other readers questions about Beard Necessities, please sign up.
Amanda Jones Absolutely agree. These stories are full of depth while still being entertaining. It's a difficult balance, particularly with this style of writing.…moreAbsolutely agree. These stories are full of depth while still being entertaining. It's a difficult balance, particularly with this style of writing. These books are fantastic.(less)

Start your review of Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
Penny Reid
Dec 12, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Beard Necessities is ALIVE and available all across the internets!!!

**READ THE FIRST THREE CHAPTERS **

Unlimited Amount of Stars and Hearts
*****
Congratulations-2019 Best Romance
Semifinal Round Nominee, Review Spoiler Free

In 2014, Penny Reid introduced to the world the Winston Brothers in her crossover book, Beauty and the Mustache. She took Ashley from our Knitting in the City group and brought her back to the family home in Tennesse. Little did we all imagine how impactful it would be to our hearts and minds.

And in my humble opinion, I think a lot of other savvy authors took note too because
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
This was getting to be a 5 star book for me when I started it off.

description

The last book Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6) by Penny Reid was background on the MCs when they were "kids" even tho they behaved twice their age at least. See review here:

The first 40% or so of this book was very promising, tugged on my heart strings every which way for Billy. Reminded me of the PAIN (I enjoy these heart rending books) in Pure Awakening (Pure/ Dark Ones 6.5) by Aja James and Pure Providence (Pure/ Dark Ones #8.5) by Aja James . Also about an epic couple who has a past that prevents them from sharing a present
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We’d climbed mountains to get here, crossed stormy seas. I was under no delusions our future sailing would be smooth. But hopefully, given the last few weeks and all we’d fought for, resolved, and shared, whatever path we traveled, we’d be together from now on.

Sadly the ”Winston Brothers” series comes to an end with this last installment, ”BEARD NECESSITIES”. It’s been a fun journey with this hilarious and eccentric bunch of unforgettable
Curlyhairlass19
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
10 epic Winston stars for Beard Necessities!

I have no words only this painful lump in my throat, and the tears streaming down my face in the grocery store parking lot in my town. I love this family. Every single person in these books have left their mark on my heart, and I’m afraid it’s permanent. Penny has truly outdone herself with this book, and I can’t imagine the feels that it must’ve given her to finally pen, The End. I didn’t want this to end, but alas, all good things must come to an
Bex | TotallyBex.com
It’s the end of an era, folks. After seven books, the Winston Brother series draws to a close—but fear not my gentle readers, Penny Reid truly saves the best for last. With an epilogue that will soothe your weary soul after reading Beard with Me , she uses kid gloves and makes the inevitably bittersweet ending as painless and as uplifting as possible. And for that, I am grateful.

Thankfully, Beard Necessities isn’t as heartbreaking as Beard with Me . Yes, there are some painful exchanges, but
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
"Love isn't about giving up. It's about never giving up."

I have no words. Well, maybe a few.

Firstly, it was everything I wanted it to be. The perfect amount of swoon with just the right amount of hard work to get the HEA we've all been clamoring for since forever.

If you're a fan of the series; it's a must read.
If you're a fan of romance; it's a must read.
If you're a fan of plain old fashioned good writing; it's a must read.
If you're a fan of examining the human condition, warts and all; it's a
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Oh, my heart. I couldn’t be happier for Billy and Claire (aka Scarlet) getting their second chance at an HEA. I loooved all the Winston family shenanigans (hello, Cletus!) and that epilogue made me SO damn happy, my heart was bursting. As bittersweet as this finale is, I couldn’t think of a lovelier ending for the Winston Brothers series, but I am also so thankful we’re getting a Cletus and Jenn series later on!

“But Scarlet,” he said my name reverently, gently, like it was a prayer he repeated
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

I have no words, sigh this is simply one of the best books I read and one of my favorite in the series!Penny Reid is genius and this one is amazing!There are so many things I loved about this book, the story line the unique characters and all the set up!

description

“You are the architect and artist of my own personal paradise. Now, when I close my eyes, I won’t need to imagine what heaven feels like. I’ll know.”

Claire/Scarlet and Billy have been through a lot, and my heart was broken and I was
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I’ve been with the Winston brothers through thick and thin, and Beard Necessities signals the end of the road. I’m totally not crying. You’re crying!

You really shouldn’t read this book without reading Beard with Me first, and if you’ve read Beard with Me then you know the emotional train wreck that is Billy and Claire’s relationship. Their history is riddled with secrets, misunderstandings, and stubbornness. The tension between them is so thick you can cut it with a knife, but it is obvious to
Antonella
First I can't believe I am here writing this review... Beauty and the Mustashe was released 2014 and that is how all started... five years ago ..this connection and love for Winston brothers.

I have never been to Tennesse but I think I would love it. It has many of my favorite things; Dolly, whiskey and Cletus Winston.

Cletus Byron Winston....Oh, how I love him. And this farewell to these characters was easier knowing that he and Jenn will get their own series. Plus there is the new spin-off
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: https://www.goodreads.com/

“I mean this with all my heart,” he said, the words gravelly and fierce. And then he kissed me.

I actually arrived to the Winston Brothers’ party a little late and have only been a part of their world for about three years. That being said, three years is a looooooooooooooooooooooong time to suffer from a case of blue balls waiting for Billy’s book. Now that it’s here? Words fail me – so here are some .gifs that should help get the point
Rachel Reads Ravenously
2 stars

If Beard With Me reminded me of why I loved Reid’s books, Beard Necessities reminded me of why I stopped reading her books in the first place. I devoured Beard With Me in HOURS, and Beard Necessities took me days to read. It was boring, the pacing was completely off, it was nauseatingly cheesy, and worst of all I lost interest in ALL of the characters. Characters I’ve loved for years. This was my most anticipated book of the last 5 years and I was beyond disappointed with the result.

Not
aniryllis
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, in-english
Edit - Nov 19, 2019:

I loved, LOVED this.

First, a bit of Billy in Florence. The pictures were taken the day after I finished this, on Nov 20. It was like a sign: after weeks of rain, finally a sunny day. I had to go out and take some pictures. I even took the physical Cletus with me.

IMG-6319

IMG-6337

[This is the original they were talking about.]

IMG-6336

IMG-6339

I'll go see the original David when I'll have the physical copy. This is a copy outside the Palazzo Vecchio.

IMG-6361

*wink wink*

IMG-6365

Now the book.

The ANGST, the FEELS.
Dali
An epically brilliant conclusion to an incredible series. With Beard Necessities, Penny Reid has produced a soul-warming and captivating story.

The very appealing Winston Brothers all paired up except for Billy who has been in love with Claire McClure for almost two decades. After being separated by painfully harsh circumstances when they were young, their resentment and secrets have kept them apart.

Too much time has passed and their siblings along with their significant others have devised
Ghost Orchid
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
My main issue was that there were parts of this book that I felt didn't live up to my past experiences when reading a Penny Reid book. I'll always love the Winston Brothers' world, but with characters such as Jennifer and Cletus to live up to, I don't see myself falling in love with the main characters of this one in the same way (particularly Claire/Scarlet).

(view spoiler)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, favorites
5+++ stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

-"Love isn't about giving up. It's about never giving up."

photo 7FAB7413-8704-40DA-83C0-8038A86A618B_zps30lctzns.jpg

Billy Winston is the second oldest of the Winston brothers, and lives in Green Valley, Tennessee where he’s a congressman. He’s known for being fearless, brave, and selfless to a fault. He always puts others first, and his family decides it’s time for him to find happiness and love. His interfering, meddling siblings mean well when they play matchmaker on a trip to Italy where his ex
Nicola
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
When this landed on the old Kindle there was no stopping me; William Shakespeare Winston’s day has been a long time coming and after reading Beard with Me , this day couldn’t come soon enough.

description You are beloved, not just in Tennessee, but by everyone.”

I’ll get my (minor) grumble out of the way first, I have to admit I was expecting a little more hurt considering how Beard with Me ended. However, that’s not to say I’m disappointed, far from it as Penny Reid whisks us off to Italy to send
FMABookReviews

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts and my soul was still Scarlet.

Wow. Just wow! I ended this book with a face full of tears and a tinge of melancholy in my heart. This series is more than “just a series” to me, and as this chapter closes on the Winston clan, I am left an irrational sense of emptiness. I remind myself that these are just characters in a story, but then I laugh at the ridiculousness, because I know I’m lying as I try to deny that they have become like a
Erin Benson
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This book gets three stars, because it was a good book. But compared to the other books in the series, it was a disappointment.

I really feel like I missed a book along the way, and I don’t mean that facetiously. I hope that if I did miss a book, someone will tell me. I feel that way because this book was a lot of telling, but not enough showing. Book 6 ended with Scarlet being fettered away, and Billy taking the beating in order to protect her.

In this book, we have Scarlet telling Siena the
Beth Connolly
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Penny Reid delivers an epic conclusion to an all-time favorite series. My heart is so full it just might burst. After 5 years, 6 Winston siblings, countless extras, teasers, and deleted scenes, the Winston Brothers series reaches the finale in a big way.

To say I was eagerly awaiting Billy and Scarlet's happily-ever-after is a massive understatement. The anticipation and expectations were all extremely high. I mean, how can you explain finally getting to read the story you've been building in
tai

Find this review + a giveaway of paperback copies of the series on my blog: https://tainasbookadventures.wordpres...

"Scarlet was still the color of my soul. But now that we were finally together, she also painted my days and nights in the exquisite spectrum and uncontainable brilliance of her spirit."

How to begin a review about your most anticipated release of the year, about the last book in your favorite series? I guess I could start by saying that I went into it with high expectations,
Marivi Sanz
10 freaking stars.

It's difficult to review a book you've been waiting for a long time. Sometimes the high expectations I create don't match what I get in the book. But this is not the case. Penny Reid's writing is wonderful, and her characters are so varied, colourful, flawed and realistic, that it's impossible not to fall in love with them.

Beard necessities is the last book (insert ugly sob here) in the Winston Brothers' series. It can be read as a standalone, but the emotional impact of
Aisling Zena
Sep 22, 2017 marked it as to-read
description
But I'll wait. I'll always be here for the Winston men.
Blackjack
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5

As the Winston Bros. series has evolved, I've become wary of Reid's ability to pull off Billy's and Scarlet's "epic" love story. With each brother's installment, the mythical proportions of The Love Story just kept getting bigger and bigger, and after reading the convoluted and disappointing Beard with Me, I admit that I began reading this final book with some trepidation.

Not all of this book suffered from emotional hyperbole, and I'll discuss below the parts of the story that worked best for
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Emerald Book Reviews

Beard Necessities by Penny Reid

‘But in this moment, more than anything, more than taking my next breath or seeing another sunrise, I wanted to dance with Scarlet. Just once. I wanted to hold her while she moved, I wanted my hands on her body and her beaming smile in my face and her joyful eyes on mine. I wanted her to teach me how to dance.’

You know, when people tell you to be careful with your words because they can leave an indelible print on someone, I wonder do they take
Karen
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

Past, present, future, I'll never regret any Moment loving you.
-Love Scarlet

As to be expected of highly anticipated books, I liked it, but I didn't LOVE it. There were many things I did love, but there were also a few I didn't like at all.

Billy Winston. What can I say about this guy. I hadn't really liked him much, that is until I got to know him in Beard with Me. And now, I believe he is my favorite Winston brother of all. That said, he let me down in this book. I expected more from
A
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, contemporary
I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) I sincerely hope you have a moment of free time cause I certainly have quite a few thoughts and feelings to share about this book... after all, it's an end of a certain era with a conclusion to the Winston brothers series, which is definitely one of my all time favourites :) although if we're being perfectly honest, I was more than a bit hesitant going into this novel... not only it is the big conclusion, but it has a second chance romance ...more
maggieandteddy
My 100th book of 2019.
Penny Reid, well done!
I... don't know what to say. I'll just say thank you so much.
Shan Brown was right. I love Billy. I love Scarlet/Claire. (and all the Winston clan-great supporting characters). The setting is beautiful.
Please tell Cletus that I love him too. Tell him that this is my centennial book. I want to impress him. The first ten minutes are make or break with Cletus.

I really enjoyed catching up with the Winstons, but this was all Billy and Scarlet all the way.

• Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Outmatched
  • The Best Thing
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive

Winston Brothers (6 books)
  • Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2)
  • Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3)
  • Beard in Mind (Winston Brothers, #4)
  • Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers, #5)
“If you give Cletus an inch, he’ll take a light-year.” 3 likes
“I promise, if you’ll have me, I’ll sing with you whenever or wherever you want. But only with you, Scarlet. I only want to sing with you.” 3 likes