Start by marking “Hot as Hell (Deep Six 0.5)” as Want to Read:
Hot as Hell (Deep Six 0.5)

Hot as Hell

(Deep Six 0.5)

An exciting prequel novella to New York Times and USA Todaybestselling author Julie Ann Walker's thrilling new Deep Six series

Harper Searcy didn't want to fall for a soldier, but she couldn't forget her hot Navy SEAL friend or their one night stand. When the U.S. Embassy in Pakistan where she works comes under attack by terrorists, there is only one man she knows who wou

Published June 1st 2016 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Hot as Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot as Hell

Carrie
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Hot as Hell by Julie Ann Walker is a prequel novella to introduce readers to the Deep Six contemporary romance series. This story is rather short but in that time it does exactly what the author intended it to do, give a glimpse into what the full length novels in the series will hold.

The book opens with Harper Searcy working at the Embassy in Pakistan when all of a sudden the pop pop pop of bullets flying can be heard and all heck breaks out. Now Harper has an admirer in a hot Navy SEAL, Michae
Claire Robinson
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
I am glad I picked this up for free as the actual story was only 35% of the book.

Great way to check out the author's writing style though, and happily (for me) we seemed to 'click' so straight on to the next book in the series :)

Coco.V
Dec 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/04/2017)! 💝
Bambi Unbridled
This prequel is a quick intro to the series - a very quick intro. The story is only about 35% of the Kindle file and the rest is a sneak peak into Devil and the Deep. So this is a perfect story to read over your lunch break or anywhere you have a short wait.

In this story we meet a SEAL team operating in Pakistan to protect the American Embassy and Ambassador. Soon after this mission, the guys will be hanging up their uniforms and entering the civilian life, which is I believe what we will see th
Jimnlori
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love Julie Ann Walker's books!
Harper Searcy is trapped in the United States Embassy and it is under attack. No one is coming to save them and the group of SEALs that had been on their guard were called off and sent to another job. Harper knows that the only person she can rely on is Michael. She and Michael had a one night stand that she was still thinking about, but it always came down to the one thing she couldn't get past, his military career. She didn't want to fall in love with or have a l
Katie
This is a good book if you are looking for something quick to read. I was able to read it in under 30 minutes. I thought it was an okay start to this series, it gives you a little taster of what is to come in the following books. After reading this, I would possibly consider continuing the series.
Kelly
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a short little introductory story that lets us get to meet some of the SEALs who would go on to treasure hunt and do other fun things later on. As it turns out, Michael isn't one of those planning on joining his treasure hunting brothers. Which really has no bearing on this story since there's no treasure hunting involved.

Unless you count the treasure in their pants. *snickers at myself*

Anywho. There's nothing better than locking two people with chemistry and some unresolved relationship
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Short intro into the series. Bit of sexy, bit of suspense. Looking forward to reading the first book in the series.
J.S. Snow
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great introduction to Julie’s writing if you’ve never read her stuff before, this novella was full of intrigue and suspense I’ve come to love with Julie’s books and her love scenes as always are off the hook good. What I enjoy the most is the buildup via the internal monologue of her characters which casts you as the interloper of their lives. The only reason it wasn’t a five-star read was the length. Too short and while I can appreciate as a writer myself that this was a throw away chapter br ...more
Literati Literature Lovers
Okay

This was a very quick read. In fact for me it was too short. It was just a few scenes and some really hot sex. The length is way it’s getting a three star rating. The writing was good, and the characters were believable.
I just keep thinking about the blood the hero must have been covered in as they had sex. Yes I am that girl, as blood becomes a fine mist in battle and the dude had just fought a bloody one.
Elisa Hordon
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great short, fast paced action adventure that introduces the deep six guy's
Jen_C
3.25 - 3.5 stars.
Good action/story and some sweet moments. Funny. Overly wordy with TONS of inner monologues and southern sayings, and references to movies that are probably funny if you are familiar with them but can be confusing if you aren't. Could be uncomfortable for Christians due to religious cursing.

Book ends at 35% and then you get the first 8 chapters of Devil and the Deep.
Happily Ever Chapter
** NOTE: This title was read and reviewed on May 6, 2015 as part of the Charity Anthology, WAY OF THE WARRIOR.
--- Ebook copy provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. ---

A secretary to a foreign ambassador and a SEAL captain who's team is assigned to protect them spent a sizzling night together. Then he was relocated when the immediate threat vanished. Only now, the embassy is attacked and only Harper and the ambassador are in residence with a skeleton crew of Marines. It's up to M
Speed
OMG!!!! I cannot say enough how I LOVED this really short but thrilling, captivating, grab you by the pants and throw you to the wall, bugged eyes out, FANTASTIC, and MARVELOUS look into Michael "Mad Dog" Wainwright and the beautiful Harper Searcy. From the first word "Boooom!" the story captures and hurdles you into Harper being attacked in a building in Pakistan. Lol. From that point you are drawn into the world of the Deep Six team. We first heard about "Mad Dog" from the first book in this s ...more
Deb Diem
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hot As Hell by Julie Ann Walker is a fairly short read, a perfect choice for those with limited time available for reading. Ms Walker has furnished this book with lovable characters, action, suspense and sizzle. Harper and Michael's story is a fast paced and has a bit of humor to lighten things up. I enjoyed Hot As Hell and look forward to reading more from Julie Ann Walker in the future. Hot As Hell is book 0.5 of the Deep Six Series but can be read as a standalone. This is a complete book, not ...more
Judy
I read this after reading book 2, Devil and the Deep, and I hate to say it, but I spent the entire thing going who is this Mad Dog guy. Why don't I know him? He sounds familiar. Then at the end I finally figured it out. Well duh, he is the 7th man in the Seal Team, the one is the ship builder we hear about in the other books, but never meet. *facepalm* Cute story, nice action, spunky heroine. I liked it. :)
SheLove2Read
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Great entry to the series. I love a good rescue story.
Glenda Bettin
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great start to a new series
Dee

Character depth pretty good
Enjoyable read
Noreen
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Hate getting a book and only 35% is the story and the previews for new books is actually longer than the rest.
A.M.
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, i-own
A raid on the US embassy in Pakistan sends Harper Searcy running for the panic room.
The ambassador already locked himself in his office and she’s on her own.
But what she doe shave is the phone number of one of the SEAL team. They ended up in bed together the night before he shipped out for a mission, and the squad’s due back today.
She’s never wanted to see Michael “Mad Dog” Wainwright as badly as she does now. And that’s what scares her.
She’d promised herself not to fall for a serving man, and t
Renee
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is going to be an awesome series!

Harper is my kind of heroine - smart, sarcastic, funny Southern gal. I really like military heroes, and Navy SEAL Michael ("Mad Dog") is the best. A past one-night stand that rocked their world haunts both of them. She want to forget him, is afraid of getting her heart broken. He wants to see where it leads, and refuses to give up even when she refuses to answer his texts and emails.

Things come to a head when terrorists storm the American embassy in Pakistan
Tina
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This barely made 3 stars. I love novellas and short stories, and this is definitely a short story (in the kindle version it ends at 35%). The MCs are already involved and this book is their relationship "bump in the road", so to speak. It's like it was taken out of a full length romantic suspense novel. And, let me just say, it didn't sit well with me. This is a cop out.

So why the 3 and not a 2? I liked the writing and saw the potential for the series. I'll read the next and decide if I should c
arabia
Sexy and short read :)

My only complaint (for lack of a better term) is that it was too short -- in fact, it finishes after 35% and the remainder of the book is dedicated to the first eight chapters of Hell or High Water .

Nonetheless, for a novella, the chemistry and the action were definitely there.

description
Staci (stacisbookishprobs)
This might be more of a 2.5/5 stars

This wasn’t bad. Not bad at all but it was incredibly boring. Literally all it was was a shoot out some sex then the end.

I do really enjoy Julie Ann Walkers writing and her characters. I’m very happy we got to see my boo Bran in this novella even tho it was only briefly.

You don’t have to read this to read the other 2 books. It really has no correlation to them but if you want a good steamy scene and you’ve read the others I would recommend giving it a go beca
Roberta
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
When the description states its a Novella, it really is!

It says its 137 pages, but the story really is only 50 pages, the rest is an introduction to the book Devil and the Deep.

I am not sure if this back story will be relevant to Devil and the Deep, we will just have to see.

If the book is not free on any of the reading devices you use, don't purchase it.
Anne - Books of My Heart
This was a nice prequel to this series. It was about half a book, longer than a novella. I enjoyed it but it suffered from my usual issue with novellas - not enough development of the world or characters. I can forgive it since it is the start of a series and there is more to follow. As a standalone, it isn't enough.
Sal
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Good

Good story with good characters, just be away that this is a good but short story and one that ends quicker than expected if you pay attention to the percentage at the bottom of the page. Another new author to me and I will probably end up getting more from as the writing is good and the characters believable.
Rosie
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really liked this book. However, I was unaware that the book was so small. Read book in 1 hour and was surprised it was such a short story, but I guess that was my fault for not researching better. A good beginning to a, hopefully, new series from Julie Ann Walker.
D A
short story, not a novella -- it's a 4 chapter story followed by an 8 chapter preview of the 1st full book in the new series, didn't even fill 1/2 the ebook file. as a short story it was interesting & enjoyable quick read. there's some action, humor & smexy times as well as some sweet.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Code of Silence (Seal Team 12, #7.5)
  • Way of the Warrior (Troubleshooters, #16.7; Deep Six, #0.5; Elite Force, #4.5; Justiss Alliance, #3.5; West Coast Navy SEALs, #3.5; Night Stalkers, #11.1; Protect and Serve, #0.5; Endgame Ops, #0.5)
  • Ravished (The Teplo Trilogy, #1)
  • Falling Hard (Bad Boys Undercover, #2)
  • Compromised (Alpha Ops, #5)
  • Concealed (Hidden, #1)
  • Broken Wings
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • Chasing Danger (Deadly Ops, #2.5)
  • Burning Bones (Body of Evidence, #7)
  • Warrior (Crossfire, #5)
  • Hot as Hell (Security Specialists International, #4.5)
  • Gambling on Love (Travis Series #1)
  • Faythe Reclaimed (Hanaford Park #3)
  • The Record of My Heart (Words, #3.5)
  • First Response  (TREX 0.5)
  • The Ice Diamond Cuff (Custodian Novel #4)
Julie Ann Walker is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She has won the Book Buyers Best Award, been nominated for the National Readers Choice Award, the Australian Romance Reader Awards, and the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA award. Julie loves to travel the world looking for views to compete with her deadlines. And if those views happen to come with a blue sky and ...more

Deep Six (2 books)
  • Hell or High Water (Deep Six, #1)
  • Devil and the Deep (Deep Six, #2)
“Um…why are you grinnin’ at me like a billy goat in a briar patch?” To” 4 likes