Start by marking “Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night, #5)” as Want to Read:
Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night, #5)

Born In Twilight

(Wings in the Night #5)

They Said It Couldn't Happen, but They Were Wrong.

Jameson Bryant found her in an abandoned building, half-starved, her face chalk-white yet strikingly beautiful. He knew what she was, but he couldn't resist the power of her violet eyes. Even her warning to stay away only served to draw him closer.

But it was too late and had been from the first moment he saw her. With one p
Kindle Edition, Reissue, 298 pages
Published October 1st 2007 by Silhouette Special Releases (first published January 24th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Born In Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born In Twilight

Bark (Has Atrocious Taste)
A week before she is about to take her final vows and become a nun Angelica ventures out alone at night to help the homeless. On the way to the shelter she is attacked by a ruthless vampire and transformed into one of the undead.

Jameson Bryant's life has been haunted by the evil DPI (Department of Paranormal Investigations/vampire killers ~ if you were wondering) because he has a rare blood type that will allow a vampire to transform him into a creature of the night. He escapes their clutches bu
Delta
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire romance fans
TheMadHatter
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating 3.5

This is definitely my favorite book so far and my favorite male vampire character! I am so in love with Jameson and he is fictional...ah the shame of it all :-).

A very similar style to the other books (ie trashy romance with the male business exec replaced with a vampire). Quick and easy reads. Leaves you feeling happy. The thing I also liked about the book was the dedication:

"This book is dedicated to you. You who refuse to apologise for your choice of entertainment. You who wa
Jasmyn
Born in Twilight tells the story of Jameson. The little boy we first met in Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night #1), is all grown up and not sure if he wants to be turned or not. Angelica is a newly turned vampire on her own with no one to teach her. She takes Jameson without realizing what she is doing and leaves him for dead. Now, as you can tell from the blurb on the book - Angelica ends up pregnant with Jameson's child, but I don't want to give away too many of the specifics - let's just ...more
Adele
Jun 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire romance fans
Recommended to Adele by: my mum
i've read this book a few times. this was my very first paranormal romance book i've read. i actually bought stephanie meyer's twilight because i thought it was a sequel.... i was soo wrong!! lol.(don't regret it though)
i marked this five stars only due to the fact it is special to me,(being the first PR book)
now i just have to find the rest of the series(i had no idea it was a series!)
Saturnus
I denna bok i serien Vinslag i Natten får vi träffa Angelica, en nunna som blir omvandlad till en vampyr och på smällen av andra människan Jameson som blir till vampyr, sen tillfångatas hon av skurkarna, får bebis i labratoriet och Jameson upptäcker att det är hans bebis
Väldigt spänningsfyld och fullpropat med action och romans
Elissa
Good to the very LAST page...
Vicki
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-nook, paranormal
Culmination of the first four books(aside from anthologies) and the best of them. Read in order.
Lori
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Original Twilight series
Megan
The original release of this book. Book 5 in Wings of the Night vampire series. Republished in a duet "At Twilight"

"Born in Twilight" book 5 in the series. 3 stars. Not one of my favorites, but did include the characters from the first two books in the series. Focuses on Jameson Bryant (a Chosen- who gets changed at the very beginning of the novel) and Angelica (vampire). This book was originally published as a stand alone novel, but since it has been OOP for a long time, I'm very glad it was re
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think out all the books in series this is my favourite. Even after all the mistakes made by Jamison and Angelica. Even after all that Jamison can't help to fall for her and want to help her. After he fines out he's a father all character from before come to rescue with Jamison. Great action/suspense. Beautiful HEA.
Mackenzie
This book was good but the first three books in the series are the best so far
Brey
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
DPI is so cruel. Vampires are people too.
Natasha smith
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
absolutely loved. its a must read everyone
Erotic Horizon
Aug 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Born In Twilight by Maggie Shayne (1997)
xrysa
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the drama :D
Peggy
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite in the series!! Amazing!!
Isabel Luna
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este libro demuestra mi punto en la reseña del anterior libro de la serie. Todos los personajes de los libros anteriores se aglomeran en este alrededor de la historia de Jameson y Angelica y hacen a la continuidad de la historia. Adoré la escena donde él despierta convertido en vampiro y Rihanon le para el carro cuando se pone a despotricar como bebé mimado; pero luego aparece Angélica y lo hace quedar como un átomo en cuanto a despotriques. Siguiendo la originalidad de la saga, me encantó TODO.
Steph Moyer
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Adrielle
I picked this up because it looked good but in reality it's only a 2.5 stars from me. I just felt like it had all been done before and left me a bit 'blah'. Mind you, this is where I started in the series, not at number one.
Melissa
It was pretty good. I am not interested in reading any of the others, but I did enjoy reading this one. I cant remember a lot about it, so apparently it wasnt one of my favorites. I do remember not being able to put it down though.
Steph
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maggie-shayne
love this series, :)
Shelley
Natasha
It had a good story line, but it was way too repetitive.
Debra
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even better - vampires having a baby! Now that's a new twist. You'll have to read the book to find out how this is possible. Oh yeah, it's Jamey's (Jameson's) turn to find love.
Dawn
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Maggie Shayne.. Her writing style is amazing.
Laura Davis
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one in the series, it was so fun to see Jamey grown up. I sure hope we get to read Amber's story. I really enjoyed this book.
Bobbie
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Dynamic and interesting characters. A plot with lots of adventure, suspense and romance.
Leanne
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Maggie!!
  • Strangers In The Night (Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Moonglow
  • Primal Desires (Primes, #6)
  • Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5)
  • Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • Sunlight Moonlight
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)
  • Devil at Midnight (Midnight, #7)
  • Last Wolf Watching (Bloodrunners, #3)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Harlequin Blaze, #390)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more

Wings in the Night (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twilight Phantasies (Wings in the Night, #1)
  • Twilight Memories (Wings in the Night, #2)
  • Twilight Illusions (Wings in the Night, #3)
  • Twilight Hunger (Wings in the Night, #7)
  • Embrace the Twilight (Wings in the Night, #8)
  • Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)
  • Before Blue Twilight (Wings in the night #10.5 - A prequel Novella)
  • Blue Twilight (Wings in the Night, #11)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Demon's Kiss (Wings in the Night #13)