Start by marking “Murder in Palm Beach: The Homicide That Never Died, Second Edition” as Want to Read:
Murder in Palm Beach: The Homicide That Never Died, Second Edition

Murder in Palm Beach: The Homicide That Never Died, Second Edition

The novel is based closely on a real, 1976 murder. Prominent resident Rodger Kriger is fatally shot through a window of the family's home. A politically ambitious prosecutor gets a hoodlum/karate expert named Mitt Hecher convicted on the basis of testimony by jail mates, and he is imprisoned. While attorneys appeal for a new trial, Hecher's wife contracts a usually fatal d ...more
Paperback
Published April 2016 (first published December 9th 2014)

john r shell
Jun 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible

Don't waste your time. Must have written his own reviews. Slow and boring. Better reads elsewhere. Not for me .
Sandra Farrar
I have gotten through 30% of this book and can go no further. I kept reading it because the reviews were so good and I kept thinking it will get better. Sometimes this does happen and a book turns out really good. Not in this case. Not when I hate the thought of having to continue to read something I find boring and uninteresting which is why I finally called it a day.
Wilda Irish
He better not give up his day job.
Michael Hartnett
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Best Redemption Story I’ve Read in a Long Time
Based on actual events of a 1976 assassination, Murder in Palm Beach by Bob Brink is a gripping tale that serves as both a powerful redemption story and a searing indictment on the criminal justice system. Worthy of a legacy that runs back from Saint Augustine through Malcolm X, this novel demonstrates how Mitt Hecher forges a path from brutal ruffian to a leader who supports those in the harshest conditions.
While those earlier transformative fig
Ella James
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Murder in Palm Beach is both a mix of fact and fiction by author and award-winning journalist Bob Brink. In it, he brings readers a fabulous, heated story about one man who was falsely accused of a murder in Palm Beach that he did not commit. He spent years in prison trying to prove his innocence with the help of others. Mitt Hecher was a gritty troublemaker, but he was not a murderer. In 1976, Mitt Hecher was on a new path with his new love, Diane, when the unthinkable happened, he was arrested ...more
Kim M
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Reviewed by Kim Aalaie (Reader) 8/10/2018
Bad boy, meets girl, turns good but to late...runs amok with the law. 'Murder in Palm Beach' has everything a good crime mystery should have...murder, revenge, outlaws, frame jobs, love, hate, romance and amidst all that, a wonderful, heart-warming love story. This book is full of twists and turns on every page and every time you think you know where Bob Brink is going to go, you are wrong!
The dialogue is perfect for each character that has been describe
Ian Wallace
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad book

This story did keep me intrigued for the most part. I think the plot was quite brilliant, perhaps the best thing about the book. However I didn't think that the storyline flowed seamlessly together as it was kind of patchy sometimes. I must say though that the be author is pretty darn good at the romance scenes which is a huge plus in any story. To my mind the writing was not consistently good nor consistently bad - quite good at times and a bit tedious at others. The thing however
Kristi
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A page turner you won't want to put down! It will draw you in from the start and hold your attention til the end. At times the story line could have flowed a bit more smooth but not a big deal. Fast paced, strong characters, and shows how imperfect the justice system is. Worth your time to read it.

Dennis Kelleher
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding!!!!!!

This book was so interesting, hard to put down. Its scarey to think that these types of things really do happen in real life. The one thing I was hoping would happen, was that he got to see his wife before she passed away.
Lisa Kader
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read!

I recommend this book to anyone. This book is well written. I'm so glad that I gave this author a chance. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Connie Hamby
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good book

If you haven't read any of Bob Brink books you are missing some good reading of you like good books I recommend this book you want be disappointed
Jill Methley
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A gripping read

I found the book very real. Loved the setting in Florida . The characters were well crafted.. Thank you Mr Briink
Ann Johnson
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story

One of the best true crime stories. I've read in a while. I need eight more words to submit this.
Anne Holmes
Couldn't finish.

I like true crime books, but not ones with made up conversations. Just stick to the facts, please! (I'm assuming this is not fiction.)
Sandi
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Tottaly enjoyed this book.
john s boksa
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating

Compelling story about corrupt officials who would do anything they could to get a conviction and destroy an innocent mans life
Ebooks Rock
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With Murder in Palm Beach, Bob Brink has created a crime novel that could easily rival the likes of John Grisham and Richard Montanari. On the whole it is a story or redemption, but redemption that does not come easy. First arrested and charged for a crime you are insistent you didn't commit; then convicted of the crime and sentenced to decades behind bars; then losing the love of your life whilst serving time under a barbaric prison regime. Is this the price Mitt Hecher had to pay for rubbing u ...more
Kindle Crazy
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What I loved about Murder in Palm Beach by Bob Brink, was that it took me back to the golden age of detective fiction. The story was gripping from start to finish, centered around a classic whodunit - did the man, Hecher, sentenced to over 25 years in prison, murder Roger Kriger? Or was he thrown under the bus by a politically hungry district attorney, hoping to boost his career by nailing an easy conviction for the brutal shooting of the restaurateur. One thing is sure, there are certainly more ...more
Read Read
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bob Brink the author of Murder in Palm Beach is a former newspaper journalist and when you know it you can see it. There is a clear knowledge of the system in which our developing protagonist, Hecher, is struggling through. When reading through the description of the local area you get a real authentic flavor and a feel for the lives these characters are living, from the bright shiny world of Palm Beach more people probably know about to the dark, gritty underworld you may not have expected.

Frances L. Ehrig
Terror Reigns

A most excellent read. I could not put it down! A real page turner! I did not think I would be able to get into the book, but it quickly absorbed me especially when Diana became part of the tale. The Justice (?) System takes a well-deserved beating.
Magnus Mayus
Apr 20, 2018
Ledel Weber
Apr 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Blood Money (John Jordan Mystery, #8)
  • Endless Evil (Pruitt County Mysteries, #1)
  • Pursuit
  • Loose Ends
  • The Other Side of Life
  • Hunted (Diana Hunter #1)
  • Absent Ballad (Kidnapped #1)
  • Heat Lightning ( Florida Panhandle Mystery #3)
  • In a Bind (California Corwin P.I. #2)
  • The Other Side of Goodbye (Norman Green Book 1)
  • Get Lost (A Gabe McKenna Mystery Book 2)
  • Murder in Vail
  • The Snowman: Prequel to the Detective Quaid Mysteries
  • Death Along the Spirit Road (Manny Tanno #1)
  • Missing (Lyn Kramer Mystery, #1)
  • The Olympus Project (The Phoenix, #1)
  • Terminal Justice
  • Miami Burn (Titus South Florida Mystery Thriller Series Book 1)
Bob Brink is a journalist who worked with the Palm Beach Post, The Associated Press in Chicago, Milwaukee Journal, Tampa Tribune, Joliet Herald-News, and Palm Beach Media Group (magazines). His byline has been on thousands of news stories, features, and entertainment reviews.
He has been a freelance writer for several years, and now is embarked on writing novels. To promote his books, the current