Start by marking “The Adjustment (The Program, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Adjustment (The Program, #3)

(The Program #5)

The only cure is to remember.

Tatum Masterson never went through The Program. She never had her memory stripped, never had to fight to remain herself. But when Weston, her longtime boyfriend and love of her life, was taken by handlers, she hoped he’d remember her somehow—that their love would be strong enough.

It wasn’t.

Like all Returners, Weston came back a blank canvas. Th
Published April 18th 2017 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about The Adjustment, please sign up.
Suzanne Young Hi. This will be out in April of 2017. This will be a new series set after The Treatment with new characters. The entire series looks like this:

The…more

The Remedy
The Epidemic (April 2016)

The Treatment
The Recovery (short story)

The Adjustment (April 2017)
Untitled (2018)

Hope that helps! (less)
Suzanne Young I think publication order is best. So:

The Epidemic

The Complication

Each is a set of two. The first is…more
I think publication order is best. So:

The Epidemic

The Complication

Each is a set of two. The first is Sloane. Second is Quinn. And Third is Tatum. Hope that helps!(less)

Sarah Louise
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
It's no secret that I love this series. The Adjustment follows the residual damage left behind by The Program, and it is anything but a happily-ever-after.

Before The Program, Weston and Tatum were inseparable, but as a returner, Weston has absolutely no memory of life prior to his treatment. For Weston, Tatum is just another girl in his class, but for Tatum, Weston is her everything. When a chance arises to regain the memories stolen by The Program, should love triumph the risks? The three rela
MischaS_
Apr 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
Hold on! When did this happen? I thought there were only two books in the series! And now this? How is it possible? When did this happen?
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

The Program is one of those rare series, that not only gets better as it goes, but one that will capture your interest from the very first page.

It is unique, horrifying, and completely believable in almost all aspects of design. It is one that can be felt and imagined and that is what makes it so darn good and so addicting.

It is a series that captured my love for it after the first book and one that has only grown as the series has progressed and evolved. It truly is one of a kind and
mith
Jan 28, 2016 marked it as maybe-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-publication
IT'S FOLLOWING THE COVER SCHEME BUT IT'S ALSO NOT BC THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PEOPLE and oh my god.
how long must i wait for this why is the world so cruel
---
UHM EXCUSE ME WHAT IS THIS AND WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD ABOUT IT
Rissa
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One forgot the other remembers. Will the adjustment help him remember, help undo what the program put him through. I really enjoyed diving back into this world and i loved how she had Solane and James mentioned and Micheal appeared briefly! Tatum and Wes are not my favorite couple of the series but I do like idea of the adjustment and how Tatum has to "donate" her memories with Wes in order for him to remember. I highly recommend this series and cant wait to see whats next in the series!
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
Dec 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
Oooh! This looks so good!
Colleen Houck
Lots of secrets in this one. Loved the surprise at the end. Once again, there's a swoonworthy hero. I like that he can't forget the girl he loves no matter what the doctors do to his brain. I feel like we're ratcheting up to a conclusion and I'm excited to see what happens!
Trisha
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"We promised it'd be okay. But we were liars."

The adjustment. It's scary just by name, too close to The Program. This new group is trying to undo the damage of the original erasing. But how can anyone erase the pain and fear and panic that was The Epidemic. We've heard of solutions before......that's what the original Program was - so how can we believe this solution will be any better than the first one.

Intro Tatum. Tatum has already lived in a world with The Epidmic and The program. She rememb
Lauren R.
Holy shit! Suzanne Young is unreal. I've never been so enthralled with a series from start to finish. I can't believe there's only one book left and I have to wait forever again :( If you haven't read these yet, DO IT. I have to say I had a few predictions that came true by the end, but so many other things surprised me. Seriously Young is a master. I loved it.
prag ♻
Oct 17, 2016 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-author
i really loved this series two years ago so here we go
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, own, amazon-review
This review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs
I feel like I say this all the time, but Suzanne Young is a master. She amazes me every time I read a new book in The Program series with the genius way she writes the books and connects them. She has this ability to take a detail you don’t even think is important and making it into something you never expected in this series. She did it in all 4 of the other books I have read, and The Adjustment is no different.

It’s hard to really talk about Tatum
Christy
Interesting next step in the Program series...Missed the characters from the original series.

So, why should you pick it up?

-Series within a series. Each set of two books is a total story within the world of The Program. The Program and The Treatment center on one set of characters, The Remedy and The Epidemic center on another, and The Adjustment and The Complication have their own set of people. There is some crossover and having knowledge of the world is helpful, but not required. Suzanne set
Melanie
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A thrilling new edition to The Program series! Readers will love Tate and Wes as much as the previous couples in this series. This one is set after the original trilogy. The Program may be destroyed but the world hasn't returned to normal... suicide clusters are still happening and returners from the Program are attempting to regain lost memories through a risky experimental process called The Adjustment. And the Adjustment is run by none other than Quinlan's father and Marie! Also Sloane and Ja ...more
jessica
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow. i forget how easily i get sucked into these books. i practically flew right through this!

what i will say is how even though this is a continual series, each mini story holds its own. its been awhile since i read the other books, but i didnt feel lost at all. as with before, this book gave a new perspective about the program, particularly its lingering effects after its been disbanded. i thought the plot of this was very interesting. memories are so subjective, so it was hard to really trus
Olivia
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AAAHHHHH HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A MONTH FOR THE NEXT ONE?!?!??
Keri
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had the hardest time with this book out of the entire series. I'm used to inhaling Suzanne Young's books in one sitting. This took two weeks. I found it pretty boring up until the last 100 pages where suddenly everything started happening.

So far, this is my least favorite of the series. I still love the series as a whole, but not as big a fan of this one in particular.
Paula
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is, "Wow! I never saw that coming." And now I have to impatiently wait for the 6th book...:(
Ilana
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: The Adjustment
Author: Suzanne Young
Publisher/Year: Simon Pulse 4/18/17
Length: 416 Pages
Series: The Program #3

Overview

How do you go back to a life you can’t remember? Find out in this follow up to the New York Times bestselling The Program and The Treatment.

Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Adjustment is book #5 in The Program series. The order is The Program (#1), The Treatment (#2), The Remedy (#3), The Epidemic (#4), The Adjustment (#5) and The Complication (#6). However The Remedy and The Epidemic are prequels.

This is a YA series. I'm not sure if it is dystopia or science fiction. Usually I think of science fiction as time travel or space travel, which is not the case at all in these books.

The Adjustment has a new narrator, high school student Tatum (girl). Her boyfriend We
Jacquelyn Simon
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve waited a long time to read the fifth book in this series. Main because I loved the fourth book so much, I didn’t want to move on to brand new characters in this book. I did end up liking Tatum as a MC, but for me, it’s gotten to a point where all the main characters feel the same. All three female MC’s (in books 1, 3, and 5) tend to have similar personalities and very similar love interests. At this point in the series, when I look back, it’s hard for me to distinguish one from the other.

I
Dee/ bookworm
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, really want to read the next one as the ending was really unclear and trying to be leading. But really not enough information included to draw from.
Lynette
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was amazing! The heart-breaking aftermath of the Program and what happened to the returners, and how there might be a cure or another epidemic.
Mehsi
Squee! A new The program book and not another of those prequels.

This won't be a super-long review because otherwise I would have to spoiler tag a lot of things. :P

I was also really excited because this one takes place after all the chaos, after The Program, or well is it all truly over? This book had so many things happening, bad and good, that I feel like The Program is still around. Still having power in one way or another.

I was really doubting that Adjustment program. It seems just a bit too
sage
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-own
I wasn't sure if I was going to review this book, since it is in the middle of a series, but I just..wanted to say a few things.

First off, so glad that the series wasn't actually over after the last book. I was so shook and needed more. I'm still shook, but at least I have more.

This series blows my mind. Suzanne Young's writing style is lovely and so...blunt. I'm not sure how to put it, but its like you're sitting in someone's mind and are just tossed everything like life tosses problems at a p
Heidi
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.8 stars.

As expected, Suzanne Young delivered an excellent next installment of The Program series. She was able to take the "feel" of the last two duologies and put a spin on this new one in order to make it seem both new and familiar for her long-time readers. Going into this book, I didn't know what to expect, and I especially couldn't fathom how the premise of this book would continue into The Complication (silly me, I shouldn't have worried, it's Suzanne Young). Needless to say, after finis
Lacey
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Thoughts:

Oh my! This book had so many feels to it; so many emotions. It was beautiful, devastating and uncontrollable. I have to admit that this author's writing just gets better with each new book. Usually in a series the books are never as good as the first one but I will say in this series this is not the case! This is the 5th book in a 6 book series. I loved so many things about it, here are my thoughts!

Goodreads Summary:

Tatum Masterson never went though The Program. She never had her
Thomas
Jul 15, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow I'm so stoked for this new book and series!! I was like everybody else, thinking that The Epidemic was the last of the Program franchise. When I first read The Program, emotions got the best of me in the first couple of chapters and ever since then I was hooked to the core. Sloane and James' everlasting love for one another and the hardships that they had to endure fueled my soul. Then, The Remedy and The Epidemic made us look at the situation before the establishment of the Program with the ...more
K. O'Bibliophile
After the previous two books which really felt too long and had an air of, well, meh about them (hard to get worked up about a prequel to The Program when you know that the suicide epidemic won't be stopped, nor will the people, because you've read two entire books about that exact premise already), The Adjustment is back on the sturdier turf like the first two books.

Things happen! Emotions are had! Teenagers feel things extremely deeply to a frankly obnoxious degree! But at least the story pro
Brittany
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The best part about the books in this series is the last twenty pages, they are so freaking juicy that when you close it, you can't help but say, "What the what?!?!?!"

This was an interesting and creative next step. I really miss James and all the old characters, though, so I had a hard time during the first 100 pages of this one getting into it.

The concept seemed a little cheesy to me, but I could definitely feel Tatum's pain. And Nathan, you've got to love the perfect, male best friend.

But thi
Klancy Hoover
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm shocked. Honestly, I wasn't sure if The Adjustment would live up to the hype I've built over the course of reading the series, but it did! If anything, The Adjustment exceeded my expectations. Suzanne Young wrote a story full of emotion, excitement, and plot twists. There were so many plot twists by the end of the book to the point where all I could do after I finished reading was stare at the last page with my mouth hanging open in shock.

Also, I love how Suzanne Young was able to mention ch
  • The Chaos of Now
  • Splinter
  • Astray (Gated, #2)
  • The Row
  • Remember
  • The Disappearance of Sloane Sullivan
  • Grip (Slip, #2)
  • Forty Days (Neima's Ark, #1)
  • Trust Me (Find Me, #3)
  • The Perfect Candidate
  • Dancing with Molly
  • Fury (The Cure, #1)
  • Nearly Found (Nearly Gone, #2)
  • The Infinity of You & Me
  • Nothing Left to Burn
  • Shutter
  • Incriminated (Emancipated, #2)
  • Rebellion (The Elysium Chronicles, #3)
Suzanne Young is the New York Times bestselling author of The Program, The Treatment, and several other novels. She currently lives in Tempe, Arizona where she teaches high school English and obsesses about books. Learn more about Suzanne at www.suzanne-young.blogspot.com

The Program (6 books)
  • The Program (The Program, #1)
  • The Treatment (The Program, #2)
  • The Remedy (The Program, #3)
  • The Epidemic (The Program, #4)
  • The Complication (The Program, #6)
“But that’s the thing with pain—you’ll do anything to make it stop. I’m not proud of myself. I’m not proud of the” 0 likes
“Keeping a secret isn't the same as being a liar.” 0 likes